Palladium Books® – Weekly Update – December 30, 2020
One game system – every genre – countless worlds – endless adventure
By Kevin Siembieda
This season of Christmas Surprise Packages has been fantastic. Fantastic in the number that we shipped, but more importantly, in the joy they bring to so many. I know that last part from the many comments we have received. As a result, the Surprise Packages felt more important and necessary this year than ever. I am glad they have brought a little fun and escape during this uncertain time and isolation. The benefit of the Surprise Packages goes both ways. I found joy and peace in taking extra care to select items that would be fun and special for each recipient.
The Surprise Package offer is NOT over yet, but time is running out. The offer has been extended to January 12, 2021, and will not be extended further. These are your last 13 days to order one until next Christmas season, so keep ‘em pouring in!
I am glad to say, we have gotten few inquiries regarding Surprise Packages that shipped but have not yet arrived. Of the half dozen MIA packages, a couple from November, the rest from mid-December, all of left the Palladium warehouse shortly after they were ordered and ALL shipped via Media Mail. While normally you would have gotten them by now, 2020 has been anything but normal. Give it another couple of weeks as the US Postal Service digs through its backlog to get caught up and shipped out. With any luck you will receive your Surprise Package by mid-January. If not, please let us know and we can request a search by the USPS.
Given how many Surprise Packages and orders we shipped out and the record number of packages that shipped via ALL delivery services, I am delighted so few have been reported Missing In Action. I heard that online holiday sales increased by 49% from last year. That is a phenomenal amount of additional packages numbering into the billions flooding the shipping services this year. Hopefully, if your package is out there someplace, it arrives in the next few weeks. As usual, we were blown away by the accuracy and quickness of delivery by UPS and Priority Mail.
Order your Surprise Package Soon! While there are 13 days left for you to place Surprise Package orders – and we welcome your orders – those placed today and this weekend will not ship until Monday. We will be finishing year end inventory tonight and Thursday, before we can ship new orders after the first of the year. We will, however, be here over the weekend pulling and packing those orders so they can ship on Monday, so order away.
Like the Weekly Update for Christmas, I am keeping this Update short and focused on the essentials. Including another fun batch of Surprise Package comments from fans just like you, below. See my Closing Thoughts for a few last words of 2020.
Surprise Package Comments from fans just like you
M.R. in Forth Worth, Texas, writes: Favorites: Dead Reign®, Rifts®, Rifts® Chaos Earth®, Palladium Fantasy®. Thanks so much for being yourselves, guys. We love ya!
[Aww shucks, M.R., thanks. I don’t think we know any way other than to be ourselves. It just feels right. I mean, we’re just gaming, comic book, movie, fantasy, science fiction geeks like most of you. Besides, Popeye was one of my cartoon heroes. You know, “I yam what I yam, and that’s all that I yam.” Chuckle. – KS]
T.L. in Newville, Pennsylvania, writes: Thanks for the extension of this deal. I’m getting this for my 42nd birthday. I love the autographs!
[You are very welcome, T.L., the Surprise Package is ideal for any gift-giving occasion, not just Christmas. Enjoy and Happy Birthday! – KS]
C.D. in Barnard, South Dakota, writes: Favorites: Rifts®, love the spectrum in tech on Earth to the super advanced society and the mix of magic all bleeding together and allowing Techno-Wizardry. It’s great.
Working on my collection. Love the Surprise Bags. I have been able to help my brother build up his collection by passing on duplicate books. My gaming group has been fortunate enough that as we all get more books we pass them down. Been gaming at least 6 years with them and we mostly bounce from Palladium Fantasy® to Rifts®.
[Thanks for the positive feedback, C.D. It sounds like you have a good gaming group going on there. Keep those imaginations burning bright. – KS]
W.T. in Alexandria, Virginia, writes: I am back for truly the best gift I get myself every year. You always pick the best items and it is always a nice surprise. I hope you, your family, and the Palladium family stay healthy and happy this Holiday season. I love the world of Rifts® you have created. It is an amazing world to get lost in. Thanks for sharing it. Take care.
[Thank you, W.T. for the high praise. Your reaction to the Surprise Package is exactly why we do them every year, and why I take the time to personally try to select what I think each purchaser will enjoy. Fantastic! I hope this year’s Surprise Package does its job again. You also stay safe and healthy. Keep on Rifting and Happy New Year! – KS]
J.A. in Kent, Washington, writes: The Palladium Christmas Surprise Package remains my #1 Christmas Tradition. However, that means I own basically any book not listed. However, I still love any of the miscellaneous merchandise, the mugs, T-shirts, pens, mouse pads, etc. Slap Rifts®, Coalition, or Nightbane® on it and I’m happy.
[Hey J.A., I like that tradition. Lol. Thank you for writing this great ad for the Surprise Package for me. Seriously, thanks for your support and kind words. I think you will enjoy your Surprise Package. – KS]
J.F. in Mineral City, Ohio, writes (in part): Been a big fan of Rifts® for a very long time. It was my first RPG and I still play it 13 years later. Just started taking steps to becoming a Game Master ... thank you for the many great memories I have made with friends and family because of this game.
[Thank you for the kind words, J.F. I hope our games continue to bring you and yours many more adventures and fond memories for years to come. Game on and Happy New Year. – KS]
S.S. in Troutdale, Oregon, writes: I have enjoyed your games for many years. I still have my third printing Rifts® core book I took with me in the Army. Thanks for such memories.
[Thank you for your service, S.S. Wow, third printing of Rifts®, cool. I am delighted our work is part of your fun memories gaming. May there be many more to come. – KS]
L.B. in Winchester, Ohio, writes (in part): Last year I ordered this and was very pleased with what I got... whatever I get I’m sure it will be loads of fun just like what I received last year.
[I tried to out-do last year, but please don’t expect this every year. I’m glad you are enjoying Dead Reign® so much. I think you will love Nightbane® as well. Both are fun avenues for heroics in dark settings. – KS]
B.B. in Victorville, California, writes (in part): Happy holidays to all the guys and gals at Palladium! Favorites: Rifts®, Rifts® and more Rifts®! And a Les Paul guitar. Best wishes and good health ...
[Thank you B.B. for your funny and spirited Surprise Package order. It made me chuckle a few times. Happy holidays and let us hope for a much better, rockin’ New Year! – KS]
L.V.D. in Grand Rapids, Michigan, writes: Favorites: Rifts®. Dead Reign® – I haven’t run a pure campaign with it yet, but loved the content. Pulled it into our Rifts® campaign for a Halloween special and everyone liked it so much I turned it into a full arc for the group. Thank you for including the core book in last year’s Surprise Package! Hope everyone is staying as safe and healthy as possible. Happy holidays.
[You are welcome L.V.D., sounds like fun. We are staying safe and enjoying the holidays as best we can, same to you. Game on! – KS]
E.C. in Wausau, Wisconsin, writes: Thank you, Kevin, for rescheduling the Open House. I am likely to attend the event now, in 2022. I look forward to the upcoming Creature Feature and still hope for Mechanoid Space and The Rifter coming back some day, maybe as an annual, would be nice. Happy holidays and a happy New Year.
[Thank you, E.C. for your words and suggestion. I hope you are able to make it to the 2022 Open House. I also appreciate and like your idea of doing The Rifter® as a once a year annual publication. Food for thought. As for Mechanoid Space, it is never forgotten. Game on into the New Year. – KS]
F.U. in Spitzentraenkbogen, Bavaria, writes: Favorites: Palladium Fantasy RPG® and Rifts®. Thank you for doing this again! It’s not a proper Christmas without a Christmas Surprise Package! Keep up the great work. You are the best gaming company in the world, and Kevin, you are my favourite game designer. The last man standing.
[Thank you, F.U. for the high praise. Wow. All I can say is we always try to push the envelope and give every game product our all. We put our hearts and souls into our work and I think it shows. I don’t know about being the last man standing, but we are one of the few remaining companies that started in the 1980s, and one of two that is still owned and run by the guy who started it, which is saying something. We have a lot of great material planned for the next several years. Game on! – KS]
E.A. in Spanaway, Washington, writes (in part): Thank you EVERYONE there for keeping the games flowing! The Holiday Grab Bag has been a tradition for my gaming group for over a decade. Santa Kevin, you have always sent tremendous items to us. Most years I will order 4 ...
[That’s because you are crazy, E.A. lol. Thanks for your support and kind words. You and your gaming group stay safe and healthy. – KS]
Only 13 days left – Christmas Surprise Package offer EXTENDED thru January 12, 2021
Nab a Surprise Package for yourself or as a gift for an upcoming birthday, anniversary, graduation, or any gift-giving occasion; or to replace battered old books, or to try new world settings. But do it soon as time is running out. The Surprise Package offer ends January 12, 2021, and will not be extended further. Enjoy.
The extension of the Surprise Packages into the New Year has become something of a welcomed tradition we are happy to provide. We do this for those of you who have been so busy spending your time and money on your family and friends, that you have not had the time or funds to treat yourself to a well-deserved Christmas Surprise Package.
We also extend it for those of you who cannot get enough of Palladium’s games and want to start the New Year off with a setting or source material to launch a new campaign. And for those of you who can use a Surprise Package as the perfect gift for a birthday, anniversary, or special occasion coming up in January or February. (Valentine’s Day?)
And we extend the Surprise Packages for you Johnny Come-Latelies who were meaning to get one, but how time flies during the holidays even during a pandemic. Speaking of which, after this crazy year, we thought extending the holiday joy of gaming into the New Year was more essential than ever. So please, enjoy the extended Surprise Package sale.
What is a Christmas Surprise Package? Extended to January 12, 2021
A smile and a hug that comes in a box filled with signed game books from available Palladium staff and freelancers. And God knows this year has been so crazy, we need something fun like the Christmas Surprise Package to bring a little joy and laughter into our lives. With so many people suffering from Covid-19 related doldrums, frustration, and in some cases, money issues, they need to escape to realms of role-playing adventures. Not to mention the huge savings and autographs, if you want them, available via a Palladium Christmas Surprise Package.
A Surprise Package is your way to get physical books (and autographs if you want them) for PDF prices! $95-$100+ worth of Palladium products for only $50 (plus shipping and handling)! That can nab you four or more items when these days one core rule book can cost you that alone.
These Surprise Packages are our way of saying thank you for your support and showing you our love and appreciation. It’s a surprise because you never know exactly what you’re going to get or who will sign your books, because we pick from your Wish List and may surprise you with stuff you are not expecting. Extra items may include other RPGs, sourcebooks, issues of the Rifter®, novels, miniatures, prints, art books, greeting cards, T-shirts, negatives, original art, and other items. Some books may be slightly damaged (scuffs, scratches, dings, a crunched corner, etc.) so we can send you more.
Truly the best deal in gaming, Palladium's 23rd Annual Christmas Surprise Package gets you $95-$105, sometimes MORE, worth of product for ONLY $50 (plus shipping and handling), as gifts for others or for yourself. That’s physical books at PDF prices. And if you want them signed we will sign each and every one of them. Plus we have some original art by Chuck Walton and maybe a few others you may request. But don’t count on it, still provide us with a juicy Wish List. Art is donated by the artists and very limited.
Christmas Surprise Packages are not just for Christmas. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or the Winter Solstice, or you are looking for that special gift for a birthday, anniversary, graduation, or any special occasion that falls between now and the end of the year, a Surprise Package may be the ideal way to go. You get a ton of stuff on the cheap, you can get a bunch of autographs (if you want ‘em), and you look like you spent a fortune.
This is also a great way to try that game setting you’ve wondered about – Splicers®, Dead Reign®, Chaos Earth®, Palladium Fantasy®, Nightbane®, Mechanoid Invasion®, Rifts®, After the Bomb®, etc. – or to get something for your favorite Game Master. Or perhaps, to get your player group to consider a new game or setting.
Your “Wish List” is vital – the Palladium Surprise Packages are designed to simulate the joy and surprise of the Christmas Season of Giving. To do this, you submit a list of 10-15 Palladium products (or more) FOR EACH Surprise Package you order. This list of 10-15 items for EACH Grab Bag is critical, because you will not know which items we will select to send you. That makes it just like a Christmas gift because it’s a surprise. Plus, Santa Kevin, who personally hand-picks every item for every Grab Bag, may toss in something extra like a limited edition print, or a negative or similar collector’s item, or an issue of The Rifter®, or something else he thinks you’ll enjoy.
Autographed books. For those of you who want them (which are most people), available members of the Palladium staff, and any freelancers we can lasso at the time, are happy to autograph each and every book in your Surprise Package. This is the only way many fans across the country and overseas can ever get signed books.
Send us your brief comments. There is a special form and format to fill out for Christmas Surprise Packages, including a place where you can offer your brief comments, suggestions, greetings and salutations.
First-timers are always nervous until they see the great value in their first Surprise Package. A typical Grab Bag has $95-$105 worth of product, sometimes more! Yes, sometimes more, for only $50 plus shipping and handling. Many people order 2-3. Some order 4-6, and some maniacs order even more! It makes sense, because it is a great way to fill holes in your own collection, treat yourself, get autographs, try new games and settings, rebuild your collection, replace worn out books, and get your gaming pals gifts. PLEASE spread the word about this great offer.
To those of you outside the USA, the X-Mas Surprise Package is a way to get books and circumvent the damn high cost of shipping from the United States, since you are getting $95-$100 (often more) worth of product and only paying $50 plus a small handling charge. Shipping via Priority Mail International (required for packages weighing more than four pounds) to most locations in Europe, Canada and many other countries is around $50-$60 US dollars. HOWEVER, because the cost of the product is so low, that’s the equivalent of paying retail for the products and only $0-$30 for shipping. A very good deal. Plus you get autographs if you want them! X-Mas Surprise Packages are the way to go for those of you outside the USA. Please take advantage of it to get all those products you’ve wished you could get except the shipping was too prohibitive. We feel your pain. Game on!
Please spread the word. The Christmas Surprise Package is only publicized by word of mouth, on Palladium's website, and social media, so please tell everyone you know. Buy one for every gamer you know. They make astonishing gifts for every occasion.
BACK IN STOCK for the Holidays only – Systems Failure™ RPG – BTS Boxed Nightmares – Nightbane®: Shadows of Light sourcebook
Whew, these titles are flying off the shelf, so I guess we were right to do a limited run for the holidays like we did a few years ago. Get ‘em while you can. Available on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last. Also available as PDF books on DriveThruRPG.
Systems Failure™ RPG: It is time to fight back, kill some bugs, and take our world back! In this invasion setting you battle a plague of bugs – alien bugs – that drink electrical energy and have plunged the world into crisis. This fun, standalone post-apocalypse game was designed at the start of the New Millennium and poked fun at the Y2K fears about the end of the world in 2000. The game is a blast whether you play it deadly serious or with a touch of humor. Kill the bugs! $22.99 retail – Cat. No. 650 – Shipping now.
Boxed Nightmares, a Beyond the Supernatural sourcebook: Six adventures, monsters, and many adventure ideas. Scary fun. $17.99 retail – Cat. No. 701 – Shipping now.
Shadows of Light, a Nightbane® Sourcebook: The angel-like Athanatos, Fallen Guardians, the Reapers, info about various factions, a vampire conspiracy, a Pittsburgh adventure, and more. $22.99 retail – Cat. No. 734 – Shipping now.
Rifts® Lazlo Raw Preview – available now and is our fastest selling Raw Preview Edition ever
The Lazlo Raw Preview (and Hammer of the Forge Novel) continues to blow out the door faster than we expected. Awesome. If you have not ordered one, what are you waiting for? Remember, the Raw Preview is a limited edition collector’s item with only 350 copies available to you on a first come, first served basis while supplies last.
Get your first glimpse of Lazlo with the Rifts® Lazlo Raw Preview. A noble experiment and idealistic utopia where all manner of people are accepted. A place where learning and education are embraced, and its people strive to be better, braver, bolder, and kinder. An oasis of comparative peace and goodness in a world that is still climbing out of the smoldering ruins and chaos of the Great Cataclysm and the Coming of the Rifts.
Here mages and visitors from across the Megaverse safely rub shoulders with adventurers, mages, mercs, D-Bees, dragons, and creatures of all sorts. Many of these outsiders are bristling with rumors and tales of their exploits, treasures to be won, monsters and villains to be slain or opposed, and wonders to be experienced by those up to the challenge. Author Mark Oberle did a great job setting the stage and leaving all kinds of little enticements and hints about Lazlo and things to come like the Expeditionary Corp, the Lazlo Defense Force, and a whole lot more.
Rifts® Lazlo Raw Preview – Collector’s Edition – limited to 350 copies
- An overview of the Free State of Lazlo.
- Its government, business districts, Schools of Magic, and more.
- New magic O.C.C.s.
- New Techno-Wizard items and armor.
- New spells.
- Erin Tarn, notable characters, notable places.
- Adventure ideas and more.
- Only 350 copies of this limited collector’s item are available.
- Sold on a first come, first served basis, while supplies last.
- Written by Mark Oberle.
- 160 pages – $25.99 retail – Cat. No. 882-RAW.
- Available now while supplies last. Don’t delay, order today.
- What is a Raw Preview Edition? It is the unfinished, unedited, advance manuscript subject to rewrites and expansion. It gets a limited print run of around 200-350 copies and is fun for collectors to have something rare and unique. Game Masters and players get a glimpse into the future and may be able to get a jump on visiting Lazlo and plotting adventures. It is especially handy for writers and game designers who get to see the development process at Palladium when they compare what is in the Raw Preview and what sees print in the final book; i.e. what gets expanded, developed further, added, dropped out, etc. And remember, Rifts® Lazlo is likely to be the first of 3 or more related, but standalone titles. That is how comprehensive we want to make Lazlo. Heck, fans have waited 30 years for Lazlo to be defined, and we do not want to disappoint. The Raw Preview is 160 pages all by itself. Note: Yes, you may request it in your Surprise Package Wish List but this is a limited edition collector’s item so only a certain amount are being put aside for the Surprise Package.
Rifts® Hammer of the Forge™ Novel, Volume One – available now
Becoming a Cosmo-Knight™ is something children across the Three Galaxies dream about. But for Caleb Vulcan of Earth, the stories of the Cosmic Forge are unknown. As he teeters at a crossroads, he has no idea what is speaking to him nor the power of the choice he is about to make.
Join Caleb on his adventures across the Megaverse®, visit Phase World and meet an eclectic range of people from True Atlanteans and Space Wulfen to the Kreeghor and Cosmo-Knights.
The Cosmo-Knight™ is the first of two Hammer of the Forge™ novels that collect the epic, fan fave stories serialized in The Rifter®. It is a roller coaster ride that brings Rifts Earth, Phase World® and the Three Galaxies to action-packed life. Very fun. It is available as a physical novel from Palladium Books AND as a PDF from DriveThruRPG.com – so are the Rifts® Trilogy of novels by Adam Chilson and the Rifts® Anthology book (11 authors) set in the Chi-Town ‘Burbs. Note: The further adventures of Cosmo-Knight Caleb Vulcan and friends are found Rifts® Hammer of the Forge™ Novel, Volume Two: The Reckoning, shipping now.
- Great cover. A fun read.
- 5 x 8 inch paperback.
- Written by James M.G. Cannon.
- Re-edited and compiled into two novels.
- 288 pages – $13.99 – Cat. No. 306 – available now.
- Note: Hammer of the Forge and ALL Rifts® novels are available as physical books from PalladiumBooks.com as well as PDF books on DriveThruRPG.com – epic adventure that spans the Megaverse®.
NEW! Rifts® Hammer of the Forge™ Novel, Volume Two – now shipping!
The continuing adventures of Cosmo-Knight Caleb Vulcan take our hero across space and time to be pitted against one enemy after another. The first is the wicked Royal Kreeghor, Geryon, commander of the Shadowstar, a dreadnaught rumored to carry a star-slaying weapon capable of snuffing out entire solar systems.
Then Caleb must once again face the mad Elf, Elias Harkonnen. A soulless psychopath who quit the Invincible Guardsmen because they did not offer him enough opportunities to kill people. A mad dog who relishes the thought of adding a Cosmo-Knight to his list of illustrious victims.
As each chapter unfolds, our hero faces new challenges and encounters friends and foes, and twists and turns too shocking to reveal here. Such is the power and legacy of a Cosmo-Knight.
- The Reckoning is the second of two Hammer of the Forge™ novels that collect the epic, fan fave stories serialized in The Rifter®. Available as a PDF on DriveThru and as a physical book from PalladiumBooks.com.
- Great cover. A fun read.
- 5 x 8 inch paperback.
- Written by James M.G. Cannon.
- Re-edited and compiled into two novels.
- 304 pages – $14.99 – Cat. No. 307 – now shipping!
- Note: The Hammer of the Forge novels, the Rifts® Trilogy of novels by Adam Chilson, the Rifts® Anthology: Tales of the Chi-Town ‘Burbs (11 authors), Machinations of Doom graphic novel by Ramon K. Perez, and Path of the Storm, a proposed Rifts® movie script, are all available as physical books from PalladiumBooks.com as well as PDF books on DriveThruRPG.com – epic adventure that spans the Megaverse®.
NEW on DriveThruRPG.com – Hammer of the Forge™ Novel, Volume Two
We hope you enjoyed that DriveThru sale and the Bundle of Holding Savage Rifts® and Savage Worlds® offerings, both of which ended earlier this week. Ah, but there are still 300+ Palladium titles, including all issues of The Rifter® and first edition rules whenever you might want them.
NEW! Rifts® Hammer of the Forge, Volume Two: The Reckoning is now available as a PDF novel. It completes the original story of Cosmo-Knight Caleb Vulcan with dramatic and fun flair as it reveals his continuing adventures. Adventures and challenges that carry our hero across space and time to be pitted against one enemy after another. As each chapter unfolds, our hero faces new challenges and encounters friends and foes, and twists and turns too shocking to reveal here. Such is the power and legacy of a Cosmo-Knight. Now available as a PDF on DriveThru. Note: The Hammer of the Forge novels, the Rifts® Trilogy of novels by Adam Chilson, the Rifts® Anthology: Tales of the Chi-Town ‘Burbs (11 authors), Machinations of Doom graphic novel by Ramon K. Perez, and Path of the Storm, a proposed Rifts® movie script, are all available as physical books from PalladiumBooks.com as well as PDF books on DriveThruRPG.com – epic adventure that spans the Megaverse®.
NEW! Rifts® Hammer of the Forge, Volume One: The Cosmo-Knight is available as a PDF novel on DriveThruRPG and as a physical book from PalladiumBooks.com. See the full description for The Cosmo-Knight earlier in this Update.
Also Coming: Sneak previews of upcoming books, more novels and fun.
Available now! In the Face of Death™, the latest in Palladium’s Zombie Apocalypse series. It deals with survival in the big city and the suburbs where it is said survival is impossible, and yet communities thrive. New survivor O.C.C.s, human urban predators, cults, heroes, city resources, new villains, bold survivor children as player characters, superhuman survivors, 101 adventure ideas, and much more.
Reminder: Rifts® Index One and Two, as well as Rifts® Novel 3: Treacherous Awakenings are available as PDF titles along with the first two novels and 300+ other Palladium Books RPG Titles. Gen Con Online talked about Rifts®, Rifts® Bestiary, Rifts® Dimension Books, Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Beyond the Supernatural™, Nightbane®, Dead Reign®, Heroes Unlimited™, and other Palladium game lines, ALL of which are available as PDFs from DriveThru and most of which are available as physical books from Palladium directly.
Recent Release – Rifts® Novel 3: Treacherous Awakenings™, the pulse-pounding and satisfying conclusion to the Rifts® trilogy by Adam Chilson. It is available as a PDF on DriveThruRPG.com right now! $9.99 – Cat. No. 303. The other two novels, Rifts® Sonic Boom and Rifts® Deception’s Web, are also available as PDFs from DriveThru for your reading pleasure along with more than 300 RPG titles with more stuff coming your way. Note: We also plan to make it available as our first Print On Demand title from DriveThruRPG in the near future. Watch for it.
In the works for DriveThru in the weeks ahead: In no particular order, Duty’s Edge™, a new Rifts® novel in the pipeline from Will Erwin, the collected The Hammer of the Forge™ (cosmic adventure across Phase World® and the Three Galaxies), and more.
Recent on DriveThruRPG – Rifts® Sonic Boom™. Follow the exploits of a CS platoon sworn to protect humankind from all threats, be they aliens, dragons, masters of magic or fellow humans out for themselves; the second novel in this trilogy, Deception’s Web™, reveals a conspiracy within the Coalition military that could spell disaster for our protagonists. All of it building up to the pulse-pounding events of the 3rd novel: Rifts® Treacherous Awakenings™. The Rifter® #84 offers adventure source material for Rifts® (Golems in the Myst), Heroes Unlimited™ (the City of Cascade by Wujcik and Reed), Palladium Fantasy RPG® (an Elven Kingdom), Beyond the Supernatural™ (an epic adventure, a short story, and a monster), Nightbane® (Spellbound O.C.C.), why The Rifter® is on hiatus, and more.
Also available: Free Garden of the Gods™ (Fantasy) and Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One Sneak Previews, and the Palladium Fantasy RPG® Interactive Character Sheet: A Microsoft Excel-based character management system. Packed with features and data collected from every official Palladium Fantasy sourcebook to enable you to create Fantasy characters quickly (25 minutes!) and help you to update and manage them for years to come.
Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume Three: Zombies, Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume Two: Civilians and Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume One: Survivors. There are also paper miniatures for Heroes Unlimited™, Palladium Fantasy® and Rifts®. A new, up-to-date, PDF Palladium Books Catalog. Nightbane® Dark Designs™ sourcebook with 60 new Common Talents, 38 new Elite Talents, 18 new Morphus Tables, all other Morphus Tables collected and more. Systems Failure™ RPG, a 160 page RPG that deals with alien invasion and a post-apocalypse setting that is fun and dynamic. Civilization is on the verge of collapse when the so-called "bugs" invade and turn humans into zombie-like slaves. Monsters, heroes and fun. A complete RPG and setting. Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two: 256 pages of technology and fun. 30+ power armors, 30+ body armors, 15 combat vehicles, 45 vehicles (hovercycles, etc.), 10 robot haulers, the Robodome and more. Bizantium and the Northern Islands™: the northernmost part of the Known World, the Cold Born, Necromancy ships made from dead sea serpents, 15 creatures, Random Sea Monster Generator, and more. Rifts® Northern Gun™ One. This fan favorite might be thought of as the big book of giant robots – an in-depth look at Northern Gun, 70+ weapons, 27 robots, NG O.C.C.s, key people and places, and much more. Mysteries of Magic™ Book One: The Heart of Magic™ with Wizards, their Apprentices, nearly 60 new magic spells and remember, magic and monsters in the Fantasy RPG are easily adapted to Rifts®, Chaos Earth®, HU2 and other settings. Wolfen Empire™ Fantasy sourcebook, the Great Northern Wilderness and Killer Winters, 12 Wolfen Tribes, Wolfen military and society, 15+ creatures, 5 full adventures, 101 adventure ideas, random encounter tables, notable people, places, plus FREE Sneak Previews of The Rifter® #80, The Rifter® #81, The Rifter® #82, and more on DriveThruRPG.com.
- Rifts® is a genre-bending setting that combines science fiction, fantasy, horror, post-apocalypse survival, magic, and endless possibilities for adventure. Imagine a near perfect world of advanced technology 100 years in the future. Then imagine that world crashing down overnight in an apocalyptic upheaval not seen since the formation of the planet. A Great Cataclysm caused by the explosive return of magic. Now fast forward 300 years into the future where magic, dragons, and mythic gods coexist with cyborgs, giant robots and super-science rediscovered from humanity's Golden Age as humans rise from a lengthy Dark Age. But they must contend with countless alien life forms, monsters, and supernatural horrors from beyond the Rifts.
- Rifts® core titles we would suggest: Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Rifts® Game Master Guide, Rifts® Book of Magic, Rifts® Adventure Guide, D-Bees of North America™, Rifts® World Book 11: Coalition War Campaign and Rifts® Sourcebook One. Note: The Rifts® RPG, 1st Edition and Rifts® Ultimate, 2nd Edition are both available.
- 80+ Rifts® supplements, most of them available as PDFs with more coming. Where to start? Wherever sounds fun.
- Rifts® Dimension Books™: Travel to alien worlds and dimensions via the Rifts for off-world adventure and intrigue.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG and sourcebook series (all). Live through the Great Cataclysm and the Coming of the Rifts. Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG, Creatures of Chaos™, Rise of Magic™, and Chaos Earth® Resurrection™ are all available.
- FREE Sneak Previews for Nightbane® Dark Designs™, Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™, Rifts® CS Heroes of Humanity, and many other previews as well as free and low cost items that we make available. All of it adds to the growing list of Rifts and other Palladium RPG game titles available as PDF books, cards and support. A new title should be added every week or two, so keep watching for them.
- The Rifter® #1-84, ALL issues of The Rifter®. Each issue is a wealth of source material and ideas for 3-6 different Palladium game lines. Most are easily adapted to ANY Palladium game setting. Each issue a gem. 8,500 pages of source material and ideas for heroes, villains, monsters, magic, gear, and adventure.
- Splicers® RPG is like Iron Man meets Game of Thrones with elements of Terminator – except this army of Iron Men are clad in living body armor and wield living, organic weapons and devices. Created in 2004 by writer and game designer Carmen Bellaire, Splicers® was nominated for an Inquest Gamer Magazine Fan Awards Game of the Year, and has since developed a rabid fan base. Science fiction and horror where humans are forced to use genetically engineered, living weapons and organic war machines to battle an insane Artificial Intelligence and her robot legions. Unlike anything you have ever played before!
- Splicers®: I Am Legion™ Adventure Sourcebook: 6 new Great Houses, 4 new Host Armors, 6 new War Mounts, 19 new Bio-Weapons, 15 new killer machines, new Bio-Enhancements, Amalgam creation tables, Legion and a series of adventures that build into a small campaign, and more.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, 1st Edition Rules and sourcebooks. A unique world of magic, monsters and heroes. Dozens of nonhuman player characters including Wolfen, Bearmen, Ogres, Orcs and more. 100,000 years of history.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, 2nd Edition Rules and many sourcebooks. The expanded world of high fantasy, magic, mystery and heroes of every variety. Includes the Mind Mage and psychic abilities, mages and spells, magic circles and symbols, men-at-arms, scoundrels and a wide range of inhuman player characters including Wolfen, Bearmen, Ogres, Orcs and many more. 100,000 years of history.
- Heroes Unlimited™ RPG first edition rule book and sourcebooks.
- Heroes Unlimited™ RPG Second Edition rule book and sourcebooks. Create any type of superhuman you can desire and bring comic book adventures to life.
- Dead Reign® RPG (Zombie Apocalypse). The dead have risen. It is the battle for survival in the zombie apocalypse, but this setting is much more than your typical zombie game. Play ordinary people or special characters better equipped to survive and hunt zombies. Many unusual types of zombies.
- Dead Reign® Sourcebooks: 6 sourcebooks from Civilization Gone™ to Hell Followed™ (the latter features stats for 23 disasters, masked lunatics, 11 new zombies, 7 apocalyptic character classes, and more) are available.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, 1st Edition Rules. Supernatural horror in the modern world. Play ordinary people, psychics, paranormal investigators or for something different: Victim Characters!
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, 2nd Edition: The complete, revised core game, 14 character classes and 42 occupations for "ordinary people," 100+ psychic abilities, 16 monsters, the Lazlo Agency, world setting and rules.
- Nightbane® RPG and sourcebooks. An RPG setting we call superhero horror. Dark conspiracy, a secret, demon invasion starting with world leaders and law enforcement, and it is spreading. The player characters are the Nightbane®, reluctant superhumans who must turn into monsters themselves to unleash their powers and battle the evil that is clear only to them. A dark, sinister and challenging world of horror.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks. Planet of the Apes meets the X-Men! Animal creations, powers and more. Create any type of intelligent mutant animal you can imagine as friend or foe.
- Ninjas & Superspies™ RPG and the Mystic China™ sourcebook. James Bond meets Enter the Dragon. 41 types of martial arts, ninjas, and super-spies with gadgets, gizmos and advanced weapons.
- The Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy RPG is a long time, cult favorite with a fatalistic world-view of humans vs aliens with superior technology.
- The Palladium Weapon Series of real world weapons, armor and castles throughout history. Designed for use with ANY game system.
- 200+ Palladium titles in all, plus G.M. kits, paper miniatures and more.
- Heroes Unlimited™ Paper Miniatures – Two sets are now available!
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® Paper Miniatures – Volumes #1-6 are available now. More are coming in the weeks ahead.
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Men at Arms – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Coalition Dead Boys – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Adventurers – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Practitioners of Magic (new) – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Extras (new) – $2.99
- And more to come in the weeks ahead.
Palladium Collectibles, Negatives, Artwork, other Collectibles and Toys are always available in Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles eBay Store along with other good things
My eBay store is one of the few places where you can find original artwork by Charles "Chuck" Walton, Kevin Long, and others, as well as one-of-a-kind negatives from classic Rifts® and other Palladium RPG books (they look awesome framed!), rare Palladium collector hardcovers, signed books, other Palladium memorabilia, toys from my personal collection and other collectibles. Check every couple of weeks because we often post new stuff or offer a new sale. There is a sale on negatives starting today, in fact.
Other one-of-a-kind original artwork available by me (Kevin Siembieda), Kevin Long, Charles Walton II (money goes to the artist), other artists, as well as collectible negatives, prints, limited edition hardcovers, proofreader copies, out of print items, Star Wars toys, Marvel toys and many other toys and collectibles from my personal collection. Alex and I will keep adding items as our busy schedules allow, but we have a lot of fun collectibles available now and coming soon. Hundreds of items. Take a look every weekend for new additions.
Available now: One-of-a-kind book negatives. Negatives were very popular items at the Palladium Open House and people went crazy over them at Gen Con – including actor Joe Manganiello who scooped up a pile of TMNT negatives, while Palladium's own Mark Oberle, Carmen Bellaire, Brandon Aten and a whole lot of Palladium gamers went for negatives from Rifts® New West, Lone Star and Free Quebec. Fun.
Negatives are unique and attractive, one-of-a-kind (on rare occasions two-of-a-kind if a page was replaced or a second edition was made) works of art that resemble woodcut art and are very dynamic conversation pieces. Before digital printing, pages of a book were laid out by hand on a board, and each page was photographed. The plastic film negatives were then "ganged" on a massive sheet of Mylar 16 pages per big sheet, and the printing plates were made from the negatives – everything white, printing black.
When our printer, McNaughton and Gunn, went completely digital, they asked if Palladium Books wanted the negs, otherwise they would be destroyed. Regrettably, I let a few dozen be destroyed, but the negatives of many books were sent to Palladium. They have sat in our warehouse for years until I started to offer them for sale. I have also started signing the negatives in silver and each comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. Each negative comes on a white board inside a plastic magazine bag and looks fabulous framed! Fits in an 8x10 inch matt opening in a frame (each neg is roughly 8½ x 11 inches).
Closing Thoughts – Happy New Year!
I have never seen so many people excited about one year ending and a new year beginning as this one. Let us hope it is a better year for us all. Please try to relax this weekend and celebrate in a safe way. The pandemic roller coaster ride is not done with us yet. Be optimistic and hopeful (we are at Palladium), but continue to wear masks, observe social distancing, and please stay safe.
Thank you for your support and kind words always, but especially this past year. We could not have weathered this storm and survived without you. We appreciate all of you as much as you appreciate us. We are in this together as one, big, international gaming family. I don’t know about you, but it has been comforting to us to know that family is there for us and each other. Seeing the camaraderie and excitement over games and support of fellow gamers has been heartwarming. Your kindness and efforts have kept me and all of us at Palladium Books strong and hopeful.
I look forward to working my tail off in the New Year to get you the many books you are waiting for, starting with Rifts® CS Manhunters and BTS Creature Feature, followed by Rifts® Titan Robotics, Rifts® Bestiary Volume Two, Rifts® Antarctica, Land of the Damned™ 3 and a whole lot more to follow. I think I am more excited about new releases than you are. We have a new coffee mug and the return of the Property of the Coalition coffee mug coming next month, and we hope to offer a selection of new (and old) Rifts® miniatures. We are also talking about trying to do some sort of special online event the weekend in April when the 2021 Palladium Open House was supposed to take place, before being rescheduled to 2022. So keep your eyes peeled, fun stuff is coming.
Again, thank you. Stay frosty and hopeful. Enjoy all those books you have been ordering, keep spinning new adventures, and game on. Ho, ho ... oh wait. It’s almost the New Year. In that case, Happy New Year! May it bring an end to Covid-19 and be a much happier and prosperous year for everyone. Meanwhile, we are here and will continue to provide fuel for your imagination and fodder for your adventures.
– Kevin Siembieda, Writer, Game Designer, Friend
Copyright 2020 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Powers Unlimited®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars®, Chaos Earth®, Dead Reign®, and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc.; Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Garden of the Gods, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, Psychic Scream, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.