One game system – every genre – countless worlds – endless adventure
By Kevin Siembieda
I hope you don’t mind, but I will be keeping this Weekly Update short. Frankly, I’m plumb tuckered out and my brain is momentarily a pile of mush.
You ladies and gents have kept us busy picking, pulling, and signing books galore for Surprise Packages this final week or so through today and into tomorrow. (Thank you, so very much!) For a while, we thought things were slowing down, but then there was this fantastic surge. That, plus inventory and other end of year business, and the start of a new year’s business plan has kept us busy, busy, busy. There are all sorts of things boiling and brewing, but this week we are wrapping up Surprise Package season. Fear not, there will be all kinds of news and updates coming your way in the weeks and months ahead.
In the meantime, order a mug or a novel, and enjoy all those books you have ordered in Surprise Packages. At the end of this Update, after my Closing Thoughts, are more Surprise Package Comments from fellow gamers. I hope you enjoy reading them. We sure do, and thank you for your kind words, brief comments, and suggestions.
UPDATE: Mail and deliveries
As reported in the last Update, I personally inquired about the dozen or so packages that we know about which seem to be floating somewhere in shipping limbo. It is as frustrating for us as it is for you, because we worked our tails off to process orders throughout November and December so you would get them as fast as possible and in time for the holidays. Moreover, when you look up the tracking number, the message often says: “There is no information available for this package.” This even though we know the package has left the Palladium warehouse and is in the hands of the Post Office.
When I inquired from USPS about these packages in limbo, I was told by the local Postal Service representative that the Post Offices across the country remain overwhelmed and are working through mountains of packages piled up at their facilities. In addition, they are dealing with new mail arriving every day, which remains at elevated levels due to Christmas returns and the continuing demands on the mail system due to the pandemic. Media Mail is also a low priority mail service that is attended to after Priority and First Class Mail. She told me to ask you to be patient, and assured me you will get your packages. She seemed sincere and confident on this matter.
Good News, your patience and understanding is paying off. A growing number of you have reached out by email, Help Desk, and telephone (thank you) to let us know your orders or Surprise Packages are finally arriving! We appreciate you letting us know, because, like you, we were concerned as well. Whew, what relief.
If you ordered via Media Mail between November 15 and now, your package may require extra time, sometimes a lot, before it arrives. Hang tight and give it a few more weeks. Your package has been shipped, but is beyond Palladium’s control and in the hands of an overwhelmed and understaffed federal government agency after it leaves our warehouse, but they have been arriving. With any luck, yours will arrive soon. That said, please do NOT wait months to inquire about any order Missing In Action. We are happy to do a trace and look into the matter. Thankfully, the vast majority of orders arrived with little or no delay, many on time for the holidays, especially orders shipped via UPS Ground.
Btw, it was not just the United States Postal Service, I have heard a number of horror stories about FedEx and other shipping services from other people, which is why we stick to the usually reliable USPS and UPS. I have to say UPS was awesome this year.
WARNING about ALL orders shipped via Media Mail and the Post Office
As explained above, the United States Postal Service (USPS) is starting to catch up, but remains overwhelmed and struggling. Media Mail is a low priority service and though usually quite reliable, as many of you know, it has proven not to be very fast or reliable during the holiday season and into January. Media Mail and other mail services provided by the USPS remain slow. Case in point, a gent in the state of Washington whose package shipped via Media Mail on January 8 has been notified his package should arrive by January 19. This is two times slower than usual for Media Mail. A number of others are still waiting for their December order.
If you choose to ship via Media Mail you do so at your OWN RISK and may (or may not) have to wait much longer for your package to arrive – weeks rather than days. We suspect this will be the case through January and well into February. FURTHERMORE: If a Media Mail package is lost or damaged, Palladium Books will NOT replace the contents. Use Media Mail at your own risk and expense now until March 1, 2021.
Note: UPS Ground has been astonishingly fast and reliable. In addition, each UPS package is automatically insured for up to $100 if lost or damaged. UPS packages are also easily and accurately tracked, and generally reach their destination in the contiguous United States within 3-5 days. The down side is you pay double or triple what you would expect to pay via Media Mail to guarantee this speed and accuracy of delivery. Currently, UPS or Priority Mail remain your more expensive but more speedy and reliable options.
Products Coming Soon in 2021
I will get into more details about tentative product release dates and specific titles in upcoming Weekly Updates. As usual, I have a very ambitious and optimistic release schedule in mind, however, I’m going to try to hold off on announcing releases until books are nearing completion and should not be delayed. Below are my reasonable expectations for the first two quarters of 2021. Others may be added.
- Property of the Coalition States Mug is back – available now!
- NEW! Gamer Mug – available now and looks cool. It is sitting on my desk right now as I write this.
- Rifts® CS Manhunters – January or February release. I have been burning with ideas and writing about it all day long.
- BTS Creature Feature – February, you’ll enjoy it.
- Rifts® Miniatures – 2-4 new figures – February.
- Rifts® Titan Robotics – March or April.
- Rifts® Miniatures – 2-4 new figures – March or April.
- Rifts® Antarctica – May – got art being done for it now.
- Rifts® Bestiary Volume Two – Summer.
- Palladium Fantasy: Land of the Damned 3: The Bleakness – Summer.
Note: Just because a book is not listed does not mean it is off the schedule, it means I’m trying not to over-promise. We want to release a whole bunch of other titles you have been wanting for the Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Chaos Earth®, BTS and others. Plus there will be new stuff coming to DriveThruRPG. In fact, new items are already arriving! Take a look at the cool, new, Gamer Mug and the return of the Property of the Coalition States Mug, back due to popular demand. And I do mean demand. Both hold 16 ounces and are suitable for hot or cold beverages. Sounds like time to unleash your inner nerd and get one of these or one of the other 4 mugs. See details below and in the online store.
NEW! Gamer 16 Ounce Mug – available now
Whether you drink coffee, hot cocoa, soda-pop, or whatever your beverage of choice may be, this fun mug reminds you of your favorite pastime and that new possibilities exist with every roll of the dice.
The new, large, 16 ounce Gamer mug presents the word “Gamer” in a box with dice cascading down from above. The design appears on both sides of the mug. Created by Wayne Smith and Freddie Williams II (art directed by Kevin Siembieda). The mug has an orange interior to add a nice splash of color.
- A must for every proud gamer!
- Dice and the word “Gamer” highlighted in a box.
- Glossy black exterior with an orange interior.
- Art and words are located on both sides of the mug.
- 16 ounce ceramic mug.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
- $10.99 retail – Cat. No. 2596 – available now.
BACK IN STOCK! Property of the Coalition States 16 Ounce Mug – available now
Back due to popular demand! The iconic Property of the Coalition States and notorious CS Death’s Head insignia printed white on a glossy black, 16 ounce coffee mug, with a blood red interior for a splash of color. The design appears on both sides of the mug. Created by Wayne Smith and Kevin Long (art directed by Kevin Siembieda).
- The infamous words “Property of the Coalition States” and the notorious Death’s Head logo and lightning bolts (indicating CS special forces) in white.
- Glossy black exterior with a blood red interior color.
- Art and words are located on both sides of the mug.
- 16 ounce ceramic mug.
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
- $10.99 retail – Cat. No. 2588 – available now.
Other Mugs Available Now
Everyone loves these mugs. Isn’t it time you started your collection? I like to use them to as a secret code to reflect my mood to those around me. To my thinking the Gamer mug means I’m feeling playful. Rifts® Property of the Coalition States: I’m a soldier in the trenches and working hard. Dead Reign®: Back off or I will eat you alive. Fantasy Dragon: My imagination is on fire. Rifts Logo: Feeling the infinite possibilities. Rifts® Titan Robotics: I’m feeling mighty. Of course, they represent something else to each of you or just represent one of your favorite games, like a normal person.
- Rifts® Titan Robotics™ Mug – A dynamic Titan robot and the Rifts® logo. Art by Steven Cummings. White on a glossy black, 16 ounce ceramic mug with a blue interior. Dishwasher and microwave safe. $10.99 retail – Cat. No. 2595 – available now.
- Rifts® Logo Coffee Mug – The famous Rifts® logo in white on a glossy black, 16 ounce ceramic mug with a blue interior. Logo by Kevin Long. Dishwasher and microwave safe. $10.99 retail – Cat. No. 2587 – available now.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® Dragon Mug – The famous red on black 3-headed hydra battling a knight from the iconic original Palladium Fantasy RPG cover. Art by Kevin Siembieda. Red on a glossy black, 16 ounce ceramic mug with an attractive orange interior. Dishwasher and microwave safe. $10.99 retail – Cat. No. 2589 – available now.
- Dead Reign® (Zombie Attack) Mug – A trio of hungry zombies and the Dead Reign® logo in white on a glossy black, 16 ounce ceramic mug with a blood red interior for a splash of color. Art by Steven Cummings. Dishwasher and microwave safe. $10.99 retail – Cat. No. 2594 – available now.
Nearly sold out – Land of the Damned™ 3: The Bleakness™ Raw Preview
Fair warning, as I write this there are less than a dozen copies of LotD 3: The Bleakness Raw Preview available in stock. I recommend ordering yours sooner than later if you know you want one before they are all gone. The final, mass market LotD 3: The Bleakness is expected to see release sometime this summer.
Rifts® Lazlo Raw Preview is super-hot!
The Rifts® Lazlo Raw Preview sold half of its 350 collector copies in just the first five or six weeks of its release, making it the fastest selling Raw Preview ever. There remain 100+ copies available even with those set aside for the categories of Rifts® Bestiary, Volume 2 Megaverse Insiders guaranteed to receive one with their Bestiary Vol 2, so no need to panic. Still, if you know you want one, I would not wait two or three months to order it.
2021 Palladium Open House has been rescheduled for April 2022
As announced a few weeks ago, the 2021 Palladium Open House has been rescheduled for April 2022 – details to follow in the months ahead. It was the only way to insure everyone who attends will be safe. This delay is another reason to be angry about the stinking pandemic, but why waste the energy? Be happy that the POH will be next year when, hopefully, we’ll all have been vaccinated and the bug is a fading memory.
Besides, not only will we try to make the 2022 Open House even bigger and more fun, but we are looking into the possibility of hosting a small, online game event in April 2021. Again, we will keep you posted.
If you cannot reschedule to attend the 2022 Palladium Open House Palladium Books can give you store credit or send you a check for a full refund. Just let us know via the Help Desk or call the Palladium office at 734-721-2903. Thanks.
More details and updates to follow. Right now we are focused on releasing products.
Rifts® Ultimate Edition – Cat. No. 800HC – Available now
This big, 376 page role-playing game is everything you need to start playing Rifts®. Just add some dice, some players, and a heaping helping of imagination and you are ready to go.
If you have never played the rich, unpredictable, genre-melding Rifts® setting, you are missing epic adventure that never grows old, because anything is possible. No other RPG blends science fiction, fantasy, horror, and post-apocalyptic adventure with demons and aliens, robots and cyborgs, magic and the supernatural in such a plausible and dynamic way. A setting that lets you play any type and style of game you can imagine. With characters like Dragon Hatchlings, Cyber-Knights, Glitter Boys, Ley Line Walkers, Techno-Wizards, and Juicers that challenge the imagination. And those are just a tiny handful of the O.C.C.s you can play in Rifts®. Not to mention hundreds of different alien, supernatural, magical, and other beings available as player characters. All of it set on an Earth that is both familiar and as alien as a thousand different planets. So check it out, build your character, start a campaign, and watch your characters become legends.
- 30+ player characters to choose from; tech, magic, or psychic.
- Cyborgs, robot and power armor pilots, Scout, Assassin, and more.
- 140+ magic spells, plus Techno-Wizards, Shifters, and more.
- 90 psionic powers and psychic characters.
- Sourcebooks offer hundreds of different alien, supernatural beings, creatures of magic, and other beings, many available as player characters.
- There has never been another RPG quite like Rifts®.
- 376 page hardcover, some color – $41.99 retail – Cat. No. 800HC – available now.
UPDATE: Rifts® CS Manhunters™ – A Secrets of the Coalition States™ Sourcebook
Some books come easy. Some books don’t. The writing of Rifts CS Manhunters came to me in furious fits of writing followed by long dry spells or writing that I found unsatisfactory and required rewrites. Then came Surprise Package season which demands a lot of my time and attention, as did other personal and business matters, and plotting and setting up work for upcoming books. All in the distracting cascade of the pandemic and political unrest. But every dark cloud has a silver lining. In this case, not being able to do much writing over the past few months has allowed ideas for CS Manhunters, Rifts® Antarctica and Rifts® Bestiary 2 to percolate and develop in my head. As the demands of the Surprise Packages and holidays subside, I am hungry and ready to write and finish these books. Lots of other books too.
Rifts® CS Manhunters™ is packed with intrigue, multiple applications of the Manhunter characters, and ideas. There are something like 50 new psionic abilities, secrets and insight about the Coalition States, its army and Psi-Battalion, the Prophecy of the Seven Dangers, Dog Boys, Killhounds, and lots of other fun ideas that should give both players and Game Masters plenty to work with. All of it building toward something epic.
Who watches the watchmen? CS Manhunters. A secret division within the Coalition’s Psi-Battalion who not only hunt the most dangerous spies, fugitives, and enemies of the Coalition States, but also protect the Emperor and hunt down traitors within the Coalition States. This elite force of psychics, Kill Hounds, Dog Boys, and CS soldiers follow orders without question and kill without hesitation. Expert hunters of men and cold-blooded killing machines who use psionic abilities as part of their arsenal.
- New Coalition Psychic O.C.C.s.
- New psionic abilities and revisits of some favorites.
- CS Manhunter Divner and Precog.
- CS Manhunter Psi-Interrogator and Psi-Enforcer.
- CS Manhunter Bursters and Zappers.
- CS Manhunter Psi-Healers and CS Slayers.
- CS Manhunter Killhound and Dog Boy O.C.C.s.
- CS Manhunter Mind Melters, the deadliest of them all.
- CS Manhunter squads and special operations.
- Insight on the Coalition’s infamous Psi-Battalion.
- The impact of the demon plagues from the Minion War.
- Non-Player Characters, background info, adventure ideas, and more.
- 96-128 pages – $17.99 retail – Cat. No. 894 – In production and nearing completion.
UPDATE: Creature Feature™, a Beyond the Supernatural™ sourcebook
This is going to be another fun adventure sourcebook. The manuscript will go into editing and rewrites as soon as I finish CS Manhunters and most of the artwork is done. Though I may add a few illustrations and already have artists lined up. Creature Feature™ builds on material that has appeared in various issues of The Rifter® but there is a ton of new material and information useful to both Game Masters and players.
- A gallery of supernatural creatures. Some new. Some familiar, updated and expanded. All terrifying.
- Rules clarifications and errata.
- Game Master source material and advice on rules, psychic abilities, proximity and threat levels, I.S.P. multipliers, and more.
- Advice about running modern horror RPGs and using supernatural creatures in your games.
- Lots of adventure ideas, including an updated and expanded full adventure, “The Squatter.”
- New background and setting information for the BTS setting and a few surprises.
- Written by Steven Dawes, Kevin Siembieda, and others.
- Art by Steven Cummings, Nick Bradshaw and others.
- 160-192 pages – $22.99 or $26.99 depending on final size – Cat. No. 704.
UPDATE: Rifts® Titan Robotics™
I am as excited for this sourcebook and high-tech toy box as you are, and it will be coming this spring. There are many new types of sleek Titan Robotics power armors, giant robots, vehicles, weapons, and gear. But as fun as these tech toys are, Rifts® Titan Robotics™ is much more. Revealing the secret operation of ARCHIE-3 and his program to monitor and manipulate the outside world. Learn about Archie’s androids that run Titan Robotics and his current schemes and plans for the future. All of which provides fodder for adventure.
We are also giving the book a new cover. More on it in a few weeks. Rifts® Titan Robotics™ is probably a 160 page World Book, but may expand to 192 pages.
- New Giant Robots.
- New Power Armor, equipment and accessories.
- 30+ power armors and robots, plus other equipment.
- New weapons, gear and vehicles.
- Titan Robotics Corporation and structure.
- Archie’s secret kingdom and plans for the future.
- New O.C.C.s and key Non-Player Characters (NPCs).
- Android executives, security and much more.
- Wellington Industries, campaign prompts and more.
- Art by Walton, Cummings, Atkins, and others.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda. Cover by Mike Majestic.
- 160-192 pages (tentative) – $22.99 retail (or $26.99) – Cat. No. 899.
UPDATE: Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume Two
The second big, “monster book” reference for Rifts® of what we anticipate to be three volumes in the series, more if we decide to make ghosts, spirits and Entities and/or Creatures of Magic part of the Bestiary series. Much like Volume One, Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume Two collects 70-100 monsters and animals plus 12-24 new beasts found across Rifts North America. The anticipated page count is 224-256 pages.
All volumes of the Rifts® Bestiary™ series are a great resource for players and Game Masters alike. Each description is updated, expanded, and highly detailed to present players with exotic and alien creatures as pets, guardians and riding animals, as well as slobbering monsters to battle and fierce beasts for Game Masters to throw at their players. Designed to offer adventure ideas, offers notes on young, adult, male and female creatures, and all provide plenty of ways to enhance your characters and spice up adventures. Each is accompanied by a map that shows at a glance where the beast can be encountered. Ah, but in the presence of Rifts and magic means any of the creatures may appear anywhere in the world, so be on your toes.
- Monsters and animals of Rifts North America organized into big, easy to use sourcebooks.
- Updated and expanded descriptions and information for each existing monster.
- Updated and uniform stat blocks.
- New exotic creatures – predators, exotic riding animals, beasts of burden, alien horrors, giant insects, and more.
- A map for every creature showing where it is found.
- Easily adapted to any Palladium setting – Palladium Fantasy®, Chaos Earth®, Splicers®, Phase World®, the Three Galaxies™, The Mechanoids®, Heroes Unlimited™/Aliens Unlimited™, and others.
- Basic S.D.C. stats included with each creature description.
- Fully illustrated, with art by Charles Walton II, Ramon Perez, Robert Atkins, and many others. Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 256 pages each volume – $26.99 – Cat. No. 897 (Volume Two).
AND MORE – Fantasy, Beyond the Supernatural™, Rifts® and others
For the time being, this and other Weekly Updates will focus on the titles that we are working hard to get into your hands now through spring time. I am trying to curb my enthusiasm and not over-promise, like I usually do. I am hopeful to surprise and please you with much more. Including titles like The Disavowed™, Rifts® CS Arsenal™, Chaos Earth® First Responders™, Land of the Damned™ 3, Rifts® Living Nowhere™, Beyond the Supernatural™ sourcebooks, more Fantasy sourcebooks and other titles.
For example, I currently have two artists working on Rifts® Antarctica, so when I get to the editing and additions I can hit the ground running. I am doing the same thing with several other titles, but I do not want to disclose which ones because I don’t want to get your hopes up.
Coming to DriveThruRPG.com soon – Rifts® Duty’s Edge novel and Garden of the Gods
We are still swamped, but anticipate another Rifts® novel, Duty’s Edge to be made available by the end of January and Garden of the Gods for Palladium Fantasy RPG® in February.
In the meanwhile, please enjoy recent releases such as the two Hammer of the Forge novels: The Cosmo-Knight and The Reckoning (Phase World®, the Three Galaxies, and Cosmo-Knights), the Rifts® trilogy of novels: Sonic Boom, Deception’s Web, and Treacherous Awakenings, as well as the Rifts® Anthology: Tales of the Chi-Town ‘Burbs (11 authors), Machinations of Doom (graphic novel by Ramon K. Perez), and Path of the Storm (a proposed Rifts® movie script) and 300+ other Palladium Books RPG Titles.
Also available: Free Garden of the Gods™ (Fantasy) and Rifts® Bestiary™ Volume One Sneak Previews, and the Palladium Fantasy RPG® Interactive Character Sheet: A Microsoft Excel-based character management system. Packed with features and data collected from every official Palladium Fantasy sourcebook to enable you to create Fantasy characters quickly (25 minutes!) and help you to update and manage them for years to come.
Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume Three: Zombies, Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume Two: Civilians and Dead Reign® Paper Miniatures Volume One: Survivors. There are also paper miniatures for Heroes Unlimited™, Palladium Fantasy® and Rifts®. A new, up-to-date, PDF Palladium Books Catalog. Nightbane® Dark Designs™ sourcebook with 60 new Common Talents, 38 new Elite Talents, 18 new Morphus Tables, all other Morphus Tables collected and more. Systems Failure™ RPG, a 160 page RPG that deals with alien invasion and a post-apocalypse setting that is fun and dynamic. Civilization is on the verge of collapse when the so-called "bugs" invade and turn humans into zombie-like slaves. Monsters, heroes and fun. A complete RPG and setting. Rifts® World Book 34: Northern Gun™ Two: 256 pages of technology and fun. 30+ power armors, 30+ body armors, 15 combat vehicles, 45 vehicles (hovercycles, etc.), 10 robot haulers, the Robodome and more. Bizantium and the Northern Islands™: the northernmost part of the Known World, the Cold Born, Necromancy ships made from dead sea serpents, 15 creatures, Random Sea Monster Generator, and more. Rifts® Northern Gun™ One. This fan favorite might be thought of as the big book of giant robots – an in-depth look at Northern Gun, 70+ weapons, 27 robots, NG O.C.C.s, key people and places, and much more. Mysteries of Magic™ Book One: The Heart of Magic™ with Wizards, their Apprentices, nearly 60 new magic spells and remember, magic and monsters in the Fantasy RPG are easily adapted to Rifts®, Chaos Earth®, HU2 and other settings. Wolfen Empire™ Fantasy sourcebook, the Great Northern Wilderness and Killer Winters, 12 Wolfen Tribes, Wolfen military and society, 15+ creatures, 5 full adventures, 101 adventure ideas, random encounter tables, notable people, places, plus FREE Sneak Previews of The Rifter® #80, The Rifter® #81, The Rifter® #82, and more on DriveThruRPG.com.
- Rifts® is a genre-bending setting that combines science fiction, fantasy, horror, post-apocalypse survival, magic, and endless possibilities for adventure. Imagine a near perfect world of advanced technology 100 years in the future. Then imagine that world crashing down overnight in an apocalyptic upheaval not seen since the formation of the planet. A Great Cataclysm caused by the explosive return of magic. Now fast forward 300 years into the future where magic, dragons, and mythic gods coexist with cyborgs, giant robots and super-science rediscovered from humanity's Golden Age as humans rise from a lengthy Dark Age. But they must contend with countless alien life forms, monsters, and supernatural horrors from beyond the Rifts.
- Rifts® core titles we would suggest: Rifts® Ultimate Edition, Rifts® Game Master Guide, Rifts® Book of Magic, Rifts® Adventure Guide, D-Bees of North America™, Rifts® World Book 11: Coalition War Campaign and Rifts® Sourcebook One. Note: The Rifts® RPG, 1st Edition and Rifts® Ultimate, 2nd Edition are both available.
- 80+ Rifts® supplements, most of them available as PDFs with more coming. Where to start? Wherever sounds fun.
- Rifts® Dimension Books™: Travel to alien worlds and dimensions via the Rifts for off-world adventure and intrigue.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG and sourcebook series (all). Live through the Great Cataclysm and the Coming of the Rifts. Rifts® Chaos Earth® RPG, Creatures of Chaos™, Rise of Magic™, and Chaos Earth® Resurrection™ are all available.
- FREE Sneak Previews for Nightbane® Dark Designs™, Rifts® Secrets of the Atlanteans™, Rifts® CS Heroes of Humanity, and many other previews as well as free and low cost items that we make available. All of it adds to the growing list of Rifts and other Palladium RPG game titles available as PDF books, cards and support. A new title should be added every week or two, so keep watching for them.
- The Rifter® #1-84, ALL issues of The Rifter®. Each issue is a wealth of source material and ideas for 3-6 different Palladium game lines. Most are easily adapted to ANY Palladium game setting. Each issue a gem. 8,500 pages of source material and ideas for heroes, villains, monsters, magic, gear, and adventure.
- Splicers® RPG is like Iron Man meets Game of Thrones with elements of Terminator – except this army of Iron Men are clad in living body armor and wield living, organic weapons and devices. Created in 2004 by writer and game designer Carmen Bellaire, Splicers® was nominated for an Inquest Gamer Magazine Fan Awards Game of the Year, and has since developed a rabid fan base. Science fiction and horror where humans are forced to use genetically engineered, living weapons and organic war machines to battle an insane Artificial Intelligence and her robot legions. Unlike anything you have ever played before!
- Splicers®: I Am Legion™ Adventure Sourcebook: 6 new Great Houses, 4 new Host Armors, 6 new War Mounts, 19 new Bio-Weapons, 15 new killer machines, new Bio-Enhancements, Amalgam creation tables, Legion and a series of adventures that build into a small campaign, and more.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, 1st Edition Rules and sourcebooks. A unique world of magic, monsters and heroes. Dozens of nonhuman player characters including Wolfen, Bearmen, Ogres, Orcs and more. 100,000 years of history.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, 2nd Edition Rules and many sourcebooks. The expanded world of high fantasy, magic, mystery and heroes of every variety. Includes the Mind Mage and psychic abilities, mages and spells, magic circles and symbols, men-at-arms, scoundrels and a wide range of inhuman player characters including Wolfen, Bearmen, Ogres, Orcs and many more. 100,000 years of history.
- Heroes Unlimited™ RPG first edition rule book and sourcebooks.
- Heroes Unlimited™ RPG Second Edition rule book and sourcebooks. Create any type of superhuman you can desire and bring comic book adventures to life.
- Dead Reign® RPG (Zombie Apocalypse). The dead have risen. It is the battle for survival in the zombie apocalypse, but this setting is much more than your typical zombie game. Play ordinary people or special characters better equipped to survive and hunt zombies. Many unusual types of zombies.
- Dead Reign® Sourcebooks: 6 sourcebooks from Civilization Gone™ to Hell Followed™ (the latter features stats for 23 disasters, masked lunatics, 11 new zombies, 7 apocalyptic character classes, and more) are available.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, 1st Edition Rules. Supernatural horror in the modern world. Play ordinary people, psychics, paranormal investigators or for something different: Victim Characters!
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, 2nd Edition: The complete, revised core game, 14 character classes and 42 occupations for "ordinary people," 100+ psychic abilities, 16 monsters, the Lazlo Agency, world setting and rules.
- Nightbane® RPG and sourcebooks. An RPG setting we call superhero horror. Dark conspiracy, a secret, demon invasion starting with world leaders and law enforcement, and it is spreading. The player characters are the Nightbane®, reluctant superhumans who must turn into monsters themselves to unleash their powers and battle the evil that is clear only to them. A dark, sinister and challenging world of horror.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks. Planet of the Apes meets the X-Men! Animal creations, powers and more. Create any type of intelligent mutant animal you can imagine as friend or foe.
- Ninjas & Superspies™ RPG and the Mystic China™ sourcebook. James Bond meets Enter the Dragon. 41 types of martial arts, ninjas, and super-spies with gadgets, gizmos and advanced weapons.
- The Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy RPG is a long time, cult favorite with a fatalistic world-view of humans vs aliens with superior technology.
- The Palladium Weapon Series of real world weapons, armor and castles throughout history. Designed for use with ANY game system.
- 200+ Palladium titles in all, plus G.M. kits, paper miniatures and more.
- Heroes Unlimited™ Paper Miniatures – Two sets are now available!
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® Paper Miniatures – Volumes #1-6 are available now. More are coming in the weeks ahead.
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Men at Arms – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Coalition Dead Boys – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Adventurers – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Practitioners of Magic (new) – $2.99
- Rifts® Paper Miniatures: Extras (new) – $2.99
- And more to come in the weeks ahead.
Palladium Collectibles, Negatives, Artwork, other Collectibles and Toys are always available in Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles eBay Store along with other good things
My eBay store is one of the few places where you can find original artwork by Charles "Chuck" Walton, Kevin Long, and others, as well as one-of-a-kind negatives from classic Rifts® and other Palladium RPG books (they look awesome framed!), rare Palladium collector hardcovers, signed books, other Palladium memorabilia, toys from my personal collection and other collectibles. Check every couple of weeks because we often post new stuff or offer a new sale. There is a sale on negatives starting today, in fact.
Other one-of-a-kind original artwork available by me (Kevin Siembieda), Kevin Long, Charles Walton II (money goes to the artist), other artists, as well as collectible negatives, prints, limited edition hardcovers, proofreader copies, out of print items, Star Wars toys, Marvel toys and many other toys and collectibles from my personal collection. Alex and I will keep adding items as our busy schedules allow, but we have a lot of fun collectibles available now and coming soon. Hundreds of items. Take a look every weekend for new additions.
Available now: One-of-a-kind book negatives. Negatives were very popular items at the Palladium Open House and people went crazy over them at Gen Con – including actor Joe Manganiello who scooped up a pile of TMNT negatives, while Palladium's own Mark Oberle, Carmen Bellaire, Brandon Aten and a whole lot of Palladium gamers went for negatives from Rifts® New West, Lone Star and Free Quebec. Fun.
Negatives are unique and attractive, one-of-a-kind (on rare occasions two-of-a-kind if a page was replaced or a second edition was made) works of art that resemble woodcut art and are very dynamic conversation pieces. Before digital printing, pages of a book were laid out by hand on a board, and each page was photographed. The plastic film negatives were then "ganged" on a massive sheet of Mylar 16 pages per big sheet, and the printing plates were made from the negatives – everything white, printing black.
When our printer, McNaughton and Gunn, went completely digital, they asked if Palladium Books wanted the negs, otherwise they would be destroyed. Regrettably, I let a few dozen be destroyed, but the negatives of many books were sent to Palladium. They have sat in our warehouse for years until I started to offer them for sale. I have also started signing the negatives in silver and each comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. Each negative comes on a white board inside a plastic magazine bag and looks fabulous framed! Fits in an 8x10 inch matt opening in a frame (each neg is roughly 8½ x 11 inches).
Thank you for your fierce show of support these past months with your orders of Surprise Packages and all kinds of products from mugs and prints to books and miniatures. Rifts® and Palladium Fantasy® were super-hot this season, but Heroes Unlimited, Nightbane®, Dead Reign®, Splicers® and most game lines and titles made a strong showing. I think the game line that surprised me the most was After the Bomb®. Then again, kids of all ages enjoy playing an intelligent mutant animal whether it is a crime-fighting superhuman in Heroes Unlimited (or the TMNT campaigns still floating around out there), or as a D-Bee or alien in Rifts® and other settings. Your show of support and kind words of friendship and appreciation touched our hearts and kept our spirits high throughout these crazy times.
Not that I put much stock into such things, but a friend sent me an astrological tarot card reading/prediction for my sign. I have to say, it seemed to fit nicely into where my head is at and my plans for Palladium Books and new releases in 2021. By the way, the prediction is overwhelmingly positive, so I’ll take it to heart! lol
I had written in the last Weekly Update that I am full of optimism and high hope for the new year. That I feel a bubbling vitality and excitement in the air. That has not changed one iota, especially in regard to Palladium’s productivity this year and our future. I feel like we are turning a new page and the sky is the limit. No there is no secret deal looming or anything going on that you should know about. I am just feeling motivated and positive about upcoming product releases. I look forward to advancing storylines and bringing you new toys, adventures, and fun. Speaking of which, as the expression goes, there is no rest for the weary, so I’d better get back to it while the ideas are buzzing around inside my head. Have a great weekend.
- Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer, Friend
Surprise Package comments from fans like you
Every year there is a section where the customer can offer comments and suggestions with his or her Surprise Package order. In acknowledgment of our fans, and because they are fun to read, we offer a sampling in the Weekly Updates. Though the 2020 Palladium Surprise Package offer is over, here is one last round of Surprise Package comments.
B.B. in Haltom City, Texas, writes: Favorites: Heroes Unlimited, After the Bomb®, Rifts®, Dead Reign®. I just wanted to say thank you for compiling and releasing the Hammer of the Forge story into [two] novels. It is an incredible piece of lore no one should miss out on.
[You are welcome, B.B. High praise. All the credit goes to author James M.G. Cannon who wrote this epic, fun tale, and a little to Wayne Smith who had the wisdom to publish it in The Rifter®. There are a lot of gems like this in the issues of The Rifter®. – KS]
A.C. from Glendale, California, writes (in part): My favorite character is the Apok from Wormwood.
[Hey A.C., the Apok is a fun, bad ass character, for certain. Enjoy. – KS]
W.L. in North Bellmore, New York, writes (in part): Favorites: Heroes Unlimited™, Rifts®, Robotech®, Nightbane®, Chaos Earth®, and Splicers® ... I would like to say thank you for staying in business when so many others closed up shop or went bust. Your games and imagination have given me so much entertainment these last few years that I have been in and out of the hospital, I can’t begin to say ... Please keep up the good work. Merry Christmas and a very profitable good year to all of your artists, writers, and staffers at Palladium Books!
[Thank you so much W.L., from your lips to God’s ears. I must admit there have been some scary moments and we have dealt with our share of challenges. Thankfully I have a great crew of staffers, freelancers and friends, not to mention the greatest fans in the world. Together we have managed to survive the rough times as well as the good. So thank you. I am also delighted that our game worlds have helped you through your own challenges. May the New Year bring you good health and prosperity and continuing gaming fun, W.L. Hang tough. – KS]
A.M.L. in Burke, Virginia, writes: I have been loving the line of Rifts® miniatures lately. Painted the two blister packs I bought this summer and am itching for more. Fingers crossed for a few new miniatures releases down the road!
[Count on it, A.M.L. We are thinking about releasing the old Glitter Boy, along with the gorgeous current one, and recreating a few of the out of print sets, as well as releasing new miniatures. Carmen Bellaire’s ill-fated Rifts® Board Game Kickstarter saw the production of at least 12-18 digital sculpts. Carmen was an outstanding art director and knew what fans want (being one himself) and his sculptor, Ben Calvert Lee in the UK did astonishing work for him on those miniatures. It would be sad if they never saw any sort of release, so Carmen told me Palladium can make whichever ones we would like. We are considering the possibilities right now and hope to have some new resin or metal Rifts® minis releases by February. If they sell well, we will consider more of them. Paint on! – KS]
I.R. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, writes: Rifts® is my overall favorite. Aside from the [fun] Rifts Earth setting, the very fact that just about any aspect from most of the other Palladium games can be incorporated into this setting is great. By the same measure, I can change the environment on the player characters with minimal effort, without needing a completely new character to be made. It is fun to see a character that normally depends on high-tech suddenly have to deal with an environment that is not high-tech; and seeing them come to the realization they have to adjust to the idea that they need to ration their ammo, or even abandon their power armor when the power runs down and there is no good way to replenish it. Good stuff.
[Good stuff, indeed, I.R. Game on. – KS]
M.M. in Cross Plains, Tennessee, writes: I have been buying Palladium’s books since I was a teenager. My first book is now a well-worn, first edition of World Book 8: Rifts® Japan. I don’t play as much anymore as an adult, but I still pick up the newer books because I enjoy thumbing through them and daydreaming about the worlds you create.
[Dreams and musings are good, M.M. I’m glad you find enjoyment from reading our books even if you do not get to game very often. We have some truly great ones coming. Rifts® Manhunters™, Rifts® Titan Robotics™, Rifts® Antarctica, Bestiary Volume Two, Lazlo, Creature Feature and other Beyond the Supernatural™ titles, Land of the Damned™ 3 and other fantasy titles to name just a few. Yikes, I’d better get back to writing and editing! Happy New Year. – KS]
M.P. in Tuscumbia, Alabama, writes: Favorites: Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy RPG®, Dead Reign®. I love Palladium Books. Keep up the quality of products, I am a fan for life.
[You’ve got it, M.P. Wait till you see all the great stuff we have coming up – quality and fun all the way. – KS]
D.T. in San Antonio, Texas, writes (in part): Favorites: Rifts®, Nightbane® and After the Bomb®. Honestly, I own about 90% of Palladium ... I suggest that we all have a much better 2021 than we did 2020! That being said, thanks for all the wonderful work you guys and ladies do over there ... Cheers and Happy New Year.
[Thank you, D.T., for your kind words and years of support. I hope you continue to enjoy our work for years to come. And yes, let us find 2021 to be better than the past year. – KS]
D.G. in Ames, Iowa, writes: Favorites: Rifts® and Phase World®. I have been playing Rifts® since grade school some 20 years. It has helped me through many trying times, including a tour in Iraq as an infantryman. Thank you for the great game and an escape from reality.
[The honor is all mine, D.G. Thank you for your service. Hang tough and game on. – KS]
A.P. in Lexington, Kentucky, writes: My current game I am running is Disavowed Coalition [based simply on the description of the upcoming sourcebook]. The players are in a black ops unit masquerading as a mercenary outfit operating at an old NEMA base in what was once Massachusetts, USA.
[Wow, A.P., that sounds pretty awesome! Now that’s what I mean when I say keep your imagination burning bright and game on. Build upon the ideas you see and make adventures that are uniquely your own. Keep up the good work. – KS]
S.M. in Bow, New Hampshire, writes: I love Rifts®! Played it in high school and doing my best to start a Rifts group in New Hampshire. Please help me build up my Rifts® library.
[Hey S.M., good luck building that Rifts® group and personal library. I did my part with your Surprise Package. – KS]
A.W. in Eagle Mountain, Utah, writes (in part): I played Palladium Fantasy RPG 12 years ago with one of my friends and it was one of my favorite RPG systems. I have started collecting PDF copies of the books from DriveThruRPG, but do not yet have any physical copies [hence the purpose of this Surprise Package order] ... my wife ... is an aspiring writer ... I have been an aspiring writer also ...
[A.W., I am glad you and your wife find inspiration in our RPG titles and are pursuing your dreams as writers. Trust your gut, study your favorite writers, and have fun with the writing itself. The more you do it, the better you should get, especially if you keep writing with an eye to improve your work. – KS]
T.G. in Jackson, Michigan, writes (in part): I cannot wait to see the new books roll out this year! I cannot help but feel like Palladium has continued to level up over the years. Always excellent, high quality content. I wish you all the very best in good health and safety going into the new year and beyond. Long live Uncle Kevin and Palladium Books!
[T.G., you and yours also stay healthy and enjoy a prosperous new year. I appreciate your kind words. I too feel Palladium’s talented creators keep leveling up. I believe I am doing some of my best writing ever, and the entire crew of Palladium writers, artists, and staff seem to always be pushing themselves to do better and be more creative. The end result is rich worlds of wonder and adventure. I predict you are going to enjoy the books that are coming. Take care. – KS]
D.N. in Denver, Colorado, writes: You guys are awesome. ‘Nuff said!
[Thanks for thinking so, D.N., and so many of you out there. We try our best to be present and aware of your needs and desires, and to do our best in every aspect of the company. It is kind words like yours and T.G.’s and so many others that keep us inspired and working hard. My thanks to everyone who sent us comments and suggestions, and all of you who enjoy our labors of love. Your orders from Palladium Books and spreading the word about our games online helps to keep Palladium going and inspires every new title. Please, stay safe and keep those beautiful imaginations burning bright. May the New Year be good to us all. With love and appreciation to you all – Kevin Siembieda, January, 2021]
© 2021 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Powers Unlimited®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars®, Chaos Earth®, Dead Reign®, and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc.; Beyond the Supernatural, Coalition States, Garden of the Gods, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, Psychic Scream, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.