Crossing Borders (mixing two or more games....)

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Crossing Borders (mixing two or more games....)

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

So, I'm one who likes to look at all of Palladium's games and sort of use them together. For instance, I like Nightbane with Heroes Unlimited, I like Beyond the Supernatural with Heroes Unlimited, RIFTS and Robotech, etc. And I know I'm not alone here with this.

So, I was thinking about Dead Reign and was thinking about games in general (of all types). Here's a nice twist: Dead Reign in Space!!

Dead Reign+Robotech
Take the Robotech Universe, sprinking in some Science Ship experiment or Alien experiment or what have you (now I'm thinking Zentraedi Zombies!!!) and you have yourself a good time. As a one shot, a reoccuring campaign enemy, a central campaign arc, it has merit and can potentially be very useful.

Dead Reign+Phase World
Okay, so you may not need Dead Reign for this one too much (considering that Phase World is a RIFTS dimension and Zombies exist in RIFTS in some form or another), but taking the same sort of concepts from the Robotech idea above, and mixing them with the Phase World setting, instant fun. With Phase World you can get expansive with the idea. A single ship, a Station, a colony, a whole planet, a system, a galaxy? What about Zombie Prometheans? Zombie Draconid? Zombie True Naruni? Zombie Dominator? Only thing with this one is making the Dead Reign material into an M.D.C. creature. Still, nasty.

Dead Reign+Aliens Unlimited (I see HU as Earth-based, AU as Space-based)
Perhaps the Atorians decided to combat their enemies by turning their dead against them, releasing a dead zombie virus upon their worlds? Or a mad scientist creates the zombies aboard his ship only to be killed and either 'rescued' or crash and spread the infection? What if a Super Hero or Villain became a Zombie? A Zombie with Super Powers? Does this smack to close to that Marvel Zombie World comic I glanced at one time? Will this be enough to get me hacked for conversion? Can I stop asking questions like a bad TV show ending? (Find out on the next episode of.........okay, I'll stop.)

BtS+Dead Reign
Just play Dead Reign with spirits then. Or maybe the addition of Psionics. And for those wanting Magic/Psionics in Dead Reign, BtS would be the way to do it easily (sans the magic until it comes out).

N&SS+Dead Reign
Zombies were Kung Fu Fighting! Slouchers were Super-spying! Those Runners are fast as lightning! The fact I've got this far with song lyrics are very friegthning.

Okay, I'm dune here, before I hurt myself or cause others to hurt me.

[sing]Those Zombies were KUNG FU FIGHTING!![/sing] :lol: :D :?
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
ApocalypseZero
Adventurer
Comment: Also known as: Lonnie Langston

Re: Crossing Borders (mixing two or more games....)

Unread post by ApocalypseZero »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:That was always my hope, and the way I do it.

:ok:

When I first heard and then seen Dead Reign, I always figured it to be a companion piece to BtS. Not sure if it was on the level of RIFTS+Phase World or HU+AU or more on the level of HU+N&SS or HU+Nightbane, etc. (Settings that virtually the same setting vs. Settings that fit very well together)

Sadly, I'm just now jumping on the Dead Reign bandwagon and don't have any material for reference at all except these forums. I did just order the book, but is Rifter 40 still on sale?
Only Time Will Tell, Unfortunately The Bastard Never Speaks.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Josh, what about System Failure in conjunction with Dead Reign? SplatterPunk comes to mind...
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Misfit KotLD wrote:Josh, what about System Failure in conjunction with Dead Reign? SplatterPunk comes to mind...

I have started a campaign using System Failure but with Zombies instead of bugs and it has worked very well so far. I do plan to use Splatter Punks in the future. :twisted:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

How about mixing Chaos Earth with Dead Reign? Perhaps not a world wide zombie apocalypse, but just one more thing gone wrong. The dead rising, seemingly at random, to feast on the living. With all the magical energy floating around, why not?
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Misfit KotLD wrote:Josh, what about System Failure in conjunction with Dead Reign? SplatterPunk comes to mind...

I have started a campaign using System Failure but with Zombies instead of bugs and it has worked very well so far. I do plan to use Splatter Punks in the future. :twisted:

I'd be the guy playing the SplatterPunk. :oops:
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

Citizen Lazlo wrote:

Awesome combo, it was the platform I worked from BTW.

:ok:

It seems a natural fit.
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer

BARQ wrote:was thinking of system failure,atb dr combo. it boggles me how :eek:
thought a small town in main( :demon: ) multi species mutants. the east coast would get the bugs the west coast would get the zombies and colorado, montana iowa are human dominated.
the rest of world split about evenly.

The zombies should be in the east. Have you seen the SEC fans?
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

DR+Phase World would be a great combo. Center overrun with zombies, spreading out to every corner of the Megaverse through its various gates!
oh my, I may have to run something like this.
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:DR+Phase World would be a great combo. Center overrun with zombies, spreading out to every corner of the Megaverse through its various gates!
oh my, I may have to run something like this.

See, this is why when I saw the original Rifter #40, I thought of how Brulyx might be involved with the Minion Wars. Such forces could tip the balance in power for Hades and Demonkind! I also have in my current campaign that the zombie process of Unisane/Altrucure was actually a derivative of the Death Demon in Hades. Demon Lord, Demon Undead, it stood to reason it could be a resource Brulyx would have available. Because of this, the same cures that would work on the Death Demons would work against the zombies in Dead Reign. At least, that's how I'm running it in my game. :D
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

I can't believe no one has mentioned Dead Reign and Heroes Unlimited!
I'm thinking of starting a campaign up, can't decide which is a better a back story
HU style world that has it's own zombie uprising.
or
"Normal" world that evolves a handful of supers after the zombies (like random psychics).
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Of course, if the zombie plague started spreading to superbeings..then things would get ugly quick.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Tricky
Wanderer

Unread post by Tricky »

SF has alot to offer a DR campaign: barter rules, other character classes, and a look at how humans might learn to deal with an impossible situation. Read both SF and DR, then watch the orginal Dawn of the Dead: if those bikers aren't Splatterpunk Vultures, I don't know who is! (and the swat guys are on their way to be Lawmen, eh?).

If I was throwing caution to the wind, I would so love to put some Nightbane into a DR setting; I've always had a soft spot for them, and still want to include them in a BtS game (as well as a few non-PB games...but don't tell Kevin!)

I did a collaberative Fiction where a zombie plague gave super powers to some of the survivors. The thing went a little flat when it went from my "Land of the Dead meets Heroes" concept, to a place where guys were running around in costumes, pronoucing themselves masters of the world, and saying things like "You may join me, or face your death at the hands of Scatter-Psi!" (i really wanted to avoid that kinda stuff) But things were kinda cool: no real biggie powers: one guy was strong, another had vibroblasts, and one became a humanoid crocodile (he preyed on zombies, but was stuck in an inhuman form).
GrampaAllen
D-Bee

Unread post by GrampaAllen »

Just rule that supers who are infected are thinkers or runners and remember some of them would have fallen to the wave so you could hit your heroes with them right off the bat think marvel zombies
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

if i was going to use this in phase world i would use a
mutation of the tarlok virus from skraypers to cause
a wave type event in center the slaves that are infected
pass it to others and it spreads thruout center then you
could get some really bad zombie trouble if the prometheans
allow center to be over run or they could be effected too?
then whatever portals are open become doorways to the
rest of the megaverse
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players

Return to “Dead Reign™”