Halloween

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Game on Halloween?

Yes
32%
No
29%
Brains!!!
39%

Total votes: 38

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Halloween

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Anyone planning a game for Halloween? I might do something just not sure yet.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Re: Halloween

Unread post by csbioborg »

no joke I am first going to a high school part to make sure I can make full use of my Maito Gai outift

my 16 year old cousin is going to be rock lee

then I will hopefully be able to smuggle him into one of my bros partioes qith out anyone being uncomfortable with having a teenager thier

I can't wait to start using corny Maito Gai lines in front of his fiends.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Sorry, going to do a half walk/half tour in Manhattan with my GF on Halloween.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

My kids are too into Halloween for now. I haven't introduced them to RPGs yet.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Kirklyn wrote:It would be nice to have my hands on Dead Reign for then, but it is doubtful any of the gaming stores in my area will carry it anytime soon. They just got Shadow Chronicles in about a month ago...

Well there is always using the info from the Rifter. Its what I plan to do.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Sadly it looks like the book won't be out till November sometime. Kev just posted a few murmers and it appears the dastardly 'head cold' has yet again pushed production of books back. This time the editor has a cold and the time tables are getting bumped.

I grew up in the south... I never had a cold that would push my work back a week or two... but who knows. *shrugs*

I think November 7th was the day mentioned in the post. Which is kinda sad. They'd almost hit a few release dates in a row. Rifter is getting pushed back too.

I am a bit frustrated. Both of these books could have really been a shot in the arm to Palladium. Had they come out before halloween. Lots of role players do get together then and it'd have been the perfect time to kick off a DR game. "A few weeks into November" is no where near the same thing. Yeah it's all in your head but it's still there. This is a publishing company. They should have busted their butts on this some how. It's going to kick them in the butt. And alot of those pre-orders, I GARENTEE were placed on the assumption of it being out before halloween. A cold or two in the office shouldn't push back publishing dates. It just shouldn't. I feel bad if a guy is sick but still. It's a cold. Suck it up and hit your release dates ya know?

A horror game released after Halloween misses it's mark and it's hook. Sales will suffer for it and sadly what might have kicked off as a great new game will be penalized due to a cold. *shakes head* It kinda angers me. But what can ya do? *shrugs* I was planning a big DR game at the Rec center here during the halloween party. I'll try and make due with the rules from the Rifter, just modifying them a bit. The skeleton is there. I'd have liked some rotting flesh on it but we make do with what we have.

I'm still looking forward to the game. I'm still going to buy it... but this 'head cold pushing production back a week or two (( or more)" excuse is.... horrid. Palladium is really shooting themselves in the foot on this. I just hope they can slouch zombie like inspite of it

I'm dieing to get my hands on the book. I'll just have to wait a bit longer.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Assuming the new release date stays firm, then when I run Dead Reign, I plan to have the "Wave/Event" happen on Halloween but slowly. Let it take a week or so to build then hit the players!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Brian Manning

Pepsi,
When I read your post, I thought for a second I read the murmers wrong, so I went back and re read it. The reason stated for the book being out in November is because Kevin is still writing parts of it, not because of Wayne's cold. He did mention that Wayne was feeling sick, but the Rifter is going to be late because he's helping edit Dead Reign and Robotech to make sure those books get out before the Rifter, not because he's got some super-cold.

I know what you mean when you say that there are a lot of people that do game on Halloween, but there are still a ton of people that are still looking forward to this book (you and I are both chomping at skulls waiting for this book to ship), and I'm sure they don't only game on October 31st of every year. It sucks, but it looks like they're doing much better than before (a deadline pushed back a week isn't anywhere near as bad as pushing it back by months, but yeah, when you're dying to see the book any delay is tough to hear about).
Brian-Manning.com
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Jaguar Wong wrote:Pepsi,
When I read your post, I thought for a second I read the murmers wrong, so I went back and re read it. The reason stated for the book being out in November is because Kevin is still writing parts of it, not because of Wayne's cold. He did mention that Wayne was feeling sick, but the Rifter is going to be late because he's helping edit Dead Reign and Robotech to make sure those books get out before the Rifter, not because he's got some super-cold.

I know what you mean when you say that there are a lot of people that do game on Halloween, but there are still a ton of people that are still looking forward to this book (you and I are both chomping at skulls waiting for this book to ship), and I'm sure they don't only game on October 31st of every year. It sucks, but it looks like they're doing much better than before (a deadline pushed back a week isn't anywhere near as bad as pushing it back by months, but yeah, when you're dying to see the book any delay is tough to hear about).

It was said that the cold had the editor behind and a few weeks ago Kevin was out of action for weeks due to a cold. Two colds in a business shouldn't set a book that's manuscript has been in since last halloween, back past this halloween. It was last Halloween's rifter that had the first part of Dead Reign in it. They were talking about a summer release, then a Halloween release for months now.

Which would have rocked. Are people going to buy it? Yeah.. but if it's April and somone puts out a Christmas book... fewer people buy it. If it's a horror zombie book and you put it out at thanksgiving.. you're going to get fewer sales than at Halloween. The book has been there since last Halloween. A year. and they miss by 7 days? That's just.. sad. I understand they're working on more than one thing and even lots of things.. but a year to hit a release date for a book like this shouldn't be too little time. It's bad handeling, that. Which saddens me for 2 reasons 1) Selfish I know.. but I want the book! Lol I love zombies and love palladium and want it ASAP. I've been waiting since last October for the game and have begged and pleaded as a fan that they do produce it as a full book. Supporting it as best I can. And reason 2) It will hurt Palladium to miss the mark here. Yes, it's true it's not a year late or months and months late. It's just a week or to. And... For palladium.. that's nigh on a miracle. Lol I realize that. I'm just sad they're going to take a hit on it because of colds that have pushed it back by 2 weeks and thus missing their targeted release date.

Yes it'll get bought, but sales will not benefit from being late in this fashion. And yes it'll get played. (( zombie thanksgiving could be horrid. lol. Or Zombie Christmas.)) but Halloween EVERYONE's up for a little scary stuff.... after... not so much. And yes they're going to loose customer confidence from those that pre ordered due to the "Halloween anyone?" Date tossed out that now are left in a lurch for their Halloween game. Can they play something else or even watered down DR from the Rifter? SURE! It'll even be fun! But that 'let down' feeling sticks. So I'm sad that Palladium, still hurting from past hits, are going to take another one here. It could have launched great! Boosted by Halloween sales and stuff.... but. The priority was on Robotech out first... and DR second.

Just think for a second if it'd been reversed. DR out this week and Robotech out on the 7th. Sales for Robotech would be the same... but very likely not on DR.

Anyway.... I hope everyone at Palladium DOES GET BETTER. Colds suck. I hope you guys all get healthy. And I hope the book gets produced asap. It's been "The book" i've been looking forward to this year. Not since DBees of NA have I been excited like this book is making me. I can't wait to get it.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nightbreed »

Thanks Pepsi for the info, while it does suck about the possible delay, i do hope the Pall Staff gets better.

Back to the topic, sadly i can't run a game as i work that overnight. Just have to worry about the knuckleheads causing probs. NOT looking forward to that Friday..... :x
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Sorry, but if you were counting on Pall actually getting DR out for Halloween, I'd say you're expecting too much. We all know Palls past record for release dates, the only one they really got out on time was the Rifter, and now that's slipped. Pall just doesn't have a good track record for release dates. If they actually make it, good on them. It may just be ready for next Halloween.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Brian Manning

Pepsi Jedi wrote:It was said that the cold had the editor behind and a few weeks ago Kevin was out of action for weeks due to a cold. Two colds in a business shouldn't set a book that's manuscript has been in since last halloween, back past this halloween.

Again, maybe I missed it, but I don't remember reading anything about a cold delaying Wayne from editing the book. If anything, getting the Robotech books out on time is the likely culprit (I'm not sure if there is some legal obligation to get the Robotech books out within a certain timeline, or if they tend to sell a lot more). I was also hoping Palladium would have released the book before Halloween as well, but only because (like you) I selfishly have been wanting this book since I heard about the preview that was going to be published in the Rifter last year. :)

While I can't say that the sales will be hurt or not by the delay, I seriously doubt that the book will be a bomb because of it. I don't think it's the "make or break" delay, but I do agree with you, that it would have been some nice October income for Palladium (rather than that same amount coming in over the course of a few months, as what will probably happen now). But for the full benefit of the Halloween gamer demographic, I think they would have had to release the book in early October. The book will still do very well, though. For my group, zombies all year round are a lot of fun. Thanksgiving with zombies (caused by an outbreak of zombie turkeys on a revenge kick) would be fun(ny). Have you read the Last Christmas? An awesome zombie/Post Apoc story with Santa fighting Zombies. Zombie Leprechauns in March...Awesome!

OK, so some of those are a stretch, but the book will still rock, and we're all hoping it takes the world by storm (or "wave" ;) ).
Brian-Manning.com
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

You bet your arse I'm playing on halloween!

I'm working on my game now and plan to include animated Scarecrows, Crows, and a group of kids trying to be spooky on halloween by hangingg out in the old barn and reading some "shlock" they found in an old book that belonged to one of the kid's long dead relatives. She was burned at the stake for being a witch back when that was the thing to do in New England.

Well, it seems they may have burned a true witch afterall because the chants and symbols written in the book called forth something... something that posesses crows, animates scarecrows (armed with pitchforks and various tools) and has a hankering to kill the children that had the nerve to call it forth on Halloween night!

Its up to the brave society members to put the wrong events right and protect the kids.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
velcRomanceR
Wanderer
Location: Being an interdimensional party provider/tour guide, I never know with any certainty where I'll be.

Unread post by velcRomanceR »

mr siembieda has much on his mind as do we all
and i'm sure he has many more people than you or me to try and make happy

mr siembieda is only one man

his dream has been fulfilled and he's living in it
we are all living in it.

dead reign out in NOVEMBER? -

A horror game released after Halloween misses it's mark and it's hook. Sales'll just have to wait a bit longer.

a great new game will be penalized due to a cold. *shakes head*have busted their butts [on this] some how

I KNOW i know i

i am excited to read this book, to possibly play this book, and be enthralled by this tome
congrats to ALL who make palladium, palladium!
Nothing is true, all is permitted
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

Despite the fact that it's "late" I'm buying two of them. One for me and one for my son who's been getting more and more into Palladium over the past year or so. :D
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321

Return to “Dead Reign™”