UFOs... For Real... READ HERE

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Gallahan
Adventurer

UFOs... For Real... READ HERE

Unread post by Gallahan »

OK... In a nutshell.

For some odd reason, I was attracted to the topic of UFOs and Bigfoot, from the 1st grade onward. As a kid growing up, I read books on Blue Book and UFOs... and thought I was "well read."

I thought I was SO WELL read that I didn't bother to read all the books I saw on the shelves. Yeah, sure, I thought: a bunch of kooks. I "knew" about UFOs enough that I didn't need to read about them any more.

And then I heard an interview on Coast to Coast AM. The guest wrote the book:

UFOS AND THE NATIONAL SECURITY STATE by Richard C. Dolan.

Wow. I didn't realize that the secretary of state was murdered under mysterious circumstances in 1950/51! Did any of you? It's a FACT. Yet... were any of us taught this in school? No. You won't hear of this FACT unless you read books like UFOS AND THE NATIONAL SECURITY STATE.

Just this one incident opens your eyes to a LOT of hidden history concerning UFOs and our government.

The X-Files weren't purely fictional. Obviously, Chris Carter researched into the past...

Read this book and your eyes will open. BTS and X-Files will no longer be a simple fictional game... :)

IF YOU DARE
"Coincidence is a glimpse into a pattern otherwise hidden."
"We live in a world of secrets. Where those secrets intersect, people die."
Gallahan
Adventurer

Another eye-opener is this book that blends X-Files type intrigue with real world events...

http://www.darkmission.net/

When you read about the people who founded NASA, yes, our VERY OWN agency NASA... You will be astonished. Included are former members of the SS from Nazi Germany, scientists who practiced ritual magik, engaged in ancient Egyptian rites, freemasons of the 33rd degree, etc.

Buzz Aldrin even brought the flag of the 33rd degree freemasons to the moon and performed what appeared to be a mystic rite as they landed on the moon, involving wine and bread.

The book is just as eye-opening as the UFOs and the National Security State, and the documented events and personal histories are quite astonishing. This is not only important information about NASA and the true nature of our modern world, but a GREAT WEALTH OF INFO to add a bit of mysterious intrigue to your campaign.

Imagine hosting a story that centers around the cover-up of discovered ruins on the moon and Mars. Imagine the PCs somehow stumble upon the truth, and their contact is mysteriously killled. As the PCs investigate further, they actually come across modern day Nazis! --Not of the simple hate-group/supremecist variety, but intelligent rocket scientists bent on world domination and the suppression of "things" they've discovered on the Moon and Mars. Further, the conspiracy extends to Freemasons and cultists who employ real magic based on ancient Egyptian rituals.

Key locations for scenes/ideas...
1. Rocket launch pad: NASA is launching a secret vehicle from a publicly unknown area; the PCs have to prevent the launch to save the astronauts because someone has sabotaged the mission.
2. Mummy was stolen from the Smithsonian in DC; PCs sneak in (or have a contact inside who lets them in as long as they're discreet and don't cause mayhem). PCs suspect that an ancient artifact was hidden INSIDE the mummy, but happen to stumble upon ANOTHER TEAM striking again, for one more artifact. Of course, their is a confrontation between PCs and this black ops team... in the museum after hours.
3. One of the PCs is kidnapped (somewhere, somehow) and taken aboard a 25 million dollar yacht off the coast of Tampa Bay. The PCs must give up their quest to get their friend back safely... OR they can storm the yacht in a ROTJ-styled sail-barge rescue attempt... in Tampa Bay.
4. The conspiracy points to alien artifacts hidden in an underground government base at Mt. Weather (real location; google it) in Virginia. There are networks of caves that lead into the complex, and the PCs are led by an NPC guide who used to work there before being fired after learning too much. The goal is to escape with real proof of alien artifacts. This leads to a car-chase escape (underground car chase) that ends in an underground airport at Mt. Weather. The PCs then board a helicopter or small jet and escape through a launch tunnel as "bad guy" guards pursue them in Hummers firing machine guns.
5. After the plane/helicopter escapes Mt. Weather, F-18 Hornets are scrambled from an undisclosed location to pursue the PCs. They won't be in the area for 22 minutes, though, which gives PCs some options, try to fly to safety or land early and flee on foot.
6. If they flee on foot, they'll be in the Appalachian Mtns of VA (had they gone west), in Richmond VA (south), downtown D.C. (east) or a small Blair Witch styled Maryland town (Burketsville) if they'd gone north. A lot of fun options.
7. PCs eventually captured by CIA types who detain them. They state that they are trying to stop the NASA conspiracy and need the PCs help, now that the PCs have an alien artifact. They want to have the PCs meet with the Dark Mission NASA types to return the artifact. During the exchange, the CIA types plan to arrest/take-out the NASA "dark missioners." PCs might agree. "It's the only way you'll ever go back to your 'normal' lives..." an agent tells them, so maybe they'll be inclined to follow along for a while.
8. At the exchange, which takes place in Fort Lee, VA, the PCs smell a rat. It seems that the CIA types are working with the NASA dark missioners, for whatever purpose. Their plan is to publicly frame the PCs for another spectacular terrorist attack on American soil, thus ensuring no one believes their story, artifact or not. This results in an all out free for all in the pine forest firing ranges of Ft. Lee. Car chases, helicopter pursuits, etc. for this one... again. Only now, the special forces army dudes are also in the fray. The Appomattox River is nearby and there can be a boat chase too, that climaxes on some rocky 10ft waterfalls and a melee on those rocks.

Well, that was off the top of my head. Fill in the details and add your own plot twists. Heck, maybe the PCs get trapped in a shuttle as it rockets into space and there, they dock with a "black" space station where there are futuristic ships that go to and from the moon and other planets. Maybe there is an entire level to the world that few know about truly. This could lead into a SOLAR SYSTEM SAGA of sorts, or end up with the destruction of a moonbase at the hands of the PCs and a stray bullet that fractures the reactor shielding. The resulting explosion could send the PCs awakening in a small crater in:

a) Tunguska, 1908, with hundreds of miles of devastated trees around them; new campaign to escape the wilds of Siberia and get back to civilization (and the western world) in circa 1908.
b) some location in RIFTS, maybe during the seige of Tolkien... a band of adventurers from modern day BTS world save the day and turn the tide of the battle at its most fierce
c) New York City; September 10th, 2001: can they prevent the tragedy and instill and alternate, world-changing future?
d) Pearl Harbor... December 7th... 5am. Two hours before the attack; again, can they change history? SHOULD THEY?
e) or whatever... You could bring them into a completely alien world of Cthulu strangeness; sky's the limit

Well, just some thoughts. I hope you have fun reading these books and playing with the ideas they generate. The "fun" part is that your campaign(s) will be based on some realworld, startling facts.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

I think Mr. Dolan only knows part of the story. Pick up this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Projects-F ... 308&sr=8-1

A real eye opener.

Alex Marciniszyn
Big Red
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Big Red »

I used to be friends with a guy whose dad oversaw Hangar 18 at Wright Patt AFB. He was very open with us about a whole lot of things he shouldn't have been discussing with us. When the topic of UFO's and alien bodies came up, he'd clam up and refuse to discuss it.
Big Red
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Big Red »

Most of what was in the hangars he managed was rather mundane. The nature of most of what he told us had more to do with certain events prior to their occurring.
Gallahan
Adventurer

Re: UFOs... For Real... READ HERE

I suppose it's tough to run a game/campaign based on UFOs since there are no real answers in the "real" world. However, the X-Files introduced a depth to the genre.

A UFO oriented campaign most likely would incorporate a government conspiracy. Unless it was a scenario like: a group of teens (or boyscouts or whoever) goes camping in deep woods; a UFO lands, aliens try to abduct them using only primitive means (grabbing, dragging, clawing, etc.). I guess it would be a neat VICTIM scenario if you did it that way, and it would make for a good 1 or 2 session game.

Otherwise, characters should be well developed. A good example of that kind of campaign can be found in Dean Koontz's STRANGERS and (of course) Spielberg's CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND.

Just some thoughts.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I love the idea of a Boy Scout victim game!
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

whipped4073 wrote:Or have them be a group of Spiral Scouts... :D

At that point, you might be going away from a victim game...
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

duck-foot wrote:
Geronimo 2.0 wrote:Sounds like some of you guys need to start shaving with Occams' Razor. Come on.

that statement flew by my head :? :-?

...the explanation of any phenomenon should make as few assumptions as possible...This is often paraphrased as "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Gallahan
Adventurer

Since the original post, I've come across some other books, too. ALIEN AGENDA by Jim Marrs is pretty darn good. Again, if nothing else, these books are wonderful entertainment and great backstory for campaigns. The info in these books is sure to add depth to any BTS, RIFTS, DEAD REIGN and or TMNT/AfterTheBomb campaign. Jim Marrs has written some other books like RULE BY SECRECY and RISE OF THE FOURTH REICH. All are great source material for campaigns.

Another prolific author is J.P. Farrel. His books include: THE GIZA DEATH STAR trilogy, THE COSMIC WAR, and REICH OF THE BLACK SUN are pretty interesting. In the book LIGHTNING by Dean Koontz, Nazis from WW2 invented some interesting technology. In Farrel's books, they just might have REALLY ACCOMPLISHED this. Realize that our (US) government "imported" most of the top Nazi scientists (who were also members of the SS) and used their brain power to develop our space program. Many of these "former" Nazis were placed into positions of leadership and POWER in NASA! It's real; no fiction here. No stretched or sensationalized statements. Read DARK MISSION. Cross-reference via google/wikipedia. Google "enterprisemission" and read Rich Hoagland's articles. Look up LAKE VOSTOK ANTARCTICA and RAIDERS OF THE LOST LAKE via google. Stuff is going on and if it's all nothing more than great FANCY, so be it. It's good stuff to make your games more interesting.

But... (hehehehe)... you might find yourself sucked into a much larger world... :)

Gallahan

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”