HU ocean based game?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

get colition navy book
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Grey Death
Adventurer

Unread post by Grey Death »

Rifts underseas is a good resource. (Which you obviously have) Other than that your probably going to have wing it on your own.
A few of my thoughts on the subject. I would speculate that a speargun would do the same damage as a comparably sized crossbow. But with reduced range. There also are specially designed under water weapons. The two that come to mind I do not remember the names of. But with a little research you should be albe to come up with. (If I was at home I could get the info from one of my various sources on my book shelf.) The first one is basically an AK-47. But it fires long dart projectiles. My estimation would be that it does AK-47 amounts of damage at a significantly reduced range. The second weapon is a pistol from Heckler & Koch. Ever see the Tomb Raider movie where she has the underwater pistol? Thats it. Damage? Maybe something along the line of .45 ACP. At a range even shorter that the AK variant. That brings us to my last thought. The Russian have a hand grenade they call an anti-frogman grenade. Its basically a HE grenade, that has been water proofed. The concussive blast from it mucks people up underwater. Those are just some of my thoughts. Hope I may have helped a little. If you want more info on the underwater weapons PM me or post a response. I'll try to stop at my house on lunch tomorrow and get the full skinny for you.
Hale Chidduck: Do you believe in karma?
Joe Sarno: Karma's justice without the satisfaction. I don't believe in justice.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I get a ton of use out of Underseas and Coalition Navy for my underwater/ocean based stuff.

I would also suggest looking over any aquatic aliens for special equipment you might also plunder.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I was just watching Mythbusters and they showed that modern
gun underwater don't work so well (especially the shotgun in kind of
blew up). So make sure if you use them, get a Hardware guy to tweek
them or get some energy weapons.

Unread post by Guest »

Speargun damage can be found in Turtles Go Hollywood (page 20), Splicers (page 203, as "Harpoon Gun"), BTS2 (page 213, as "Harpoon Gun"), RUE (page 326, as "Harpoon Gun"), as well as various MD versions in Rifts Underseas, Coalition Navy, and the RGMG.

For various ranges of energy weapons underwater, see Rifts Underseas (IIRC, the pages and data are covered in the FAQ forum).

For underwater equipment & vehicles see HUGMG (pages 202-203) or BTS1 (pages 248-249 & 254).

Also of use, though it requires some conversion, would be the Underwater Combat Rules from Deluxe Revised Recon (page 31).

You may also find Underwater Combat & Weapons useful, but, if you're like me, I doubt it.
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

Blue Planet.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Bezo wrote:
Kuseru Satsujin wrote:Speargun damage can be found in Turtles Go Hollywood (page 20), Splicers (page 203, as "Harpoon Gun"), BTS2 (page 213, as "Harpoon Gun"), RUE (page 326, as "Harpoon Gun"), as well as various MD versions in Rifts Underseas, Coalition Navy, and the RGMG.

For various ranges of energy weapons underwater, see Rifts Underseas (IIRC, the pages and data are covered in the FAQ forum).

For underwater equipment & vehicles see HUGMG (pages 202-203) or BTS1 (pages 248-249 & 254).

Also of use, though it requires some conversion, would be the Underwater Combat Rules from Deluxe Revised Recon (page 31).

You may also find Underwater Combat & Weapons useful, but, if you're like me, I doubt it.

What does RUE stand for?

Rifts: Ultimate Edition.

No relation to Ultimate Marvel.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: HU ocean based game?

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Glad I found this thread. We're getting ready for a coastal/ocean set AtB2 game. Handy stuff to have here!
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Holy waves of nostalgia, Batman.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Dead thread walking... kill it... shoot it in the head! Wait... what do I have to roll again for a head shot on a zombie to kill it? Don't I need something like a 17-20 and a rocket launcher to kill it with one shot? :p

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

A natural roll at that, no bonuses of any kind.

Wait, does that mean Nate is involved in a Death Cult? :eek: :eek:
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Marrowlight wrote:Wait, does that mean Nate is involved in a Death Cult? :eek: :eek:
Yes, but I have suspected that for some time now.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

oh how I wish I could embed an audio of me laughing most sinisterly.

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

I agree Palladium could use a book like you suggested. I'm trying to cobble one together by pouring over Rifts Undersea's, Adventures on the High Sea's, Rifts Lemuria, and started looking at Atlantis and Coalition navy to get some ideas. Biggest drawback (for our game at least) is the glut of supernatural encounters. Sea monsters and other critters we can chalk up to random mutation (we're playing ATB2) but the shining water, ley line storms, elemental storms, this that's and the others take big chunks out of the pregen random encounter tables. This can probably be worked around by recalculating the percentages for the encounters.

I've completely lost my train of thought...

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mediapig71 »

There's a (2) part Villains & Vigilantes undersea based adventure called "Danger in the Depths" that I Was thinking of adapting to a Heroes Unlimited campaign. I believe it's available on rpgnow.com

There's also a short M&M ocean based adventure called "Deep Runs the Dreadnaught" that's available as part of a series for that game. It's really just a short plot outline ,and some villain stats, so you could easily adapt it, and swap in an HU2 villain.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Mediapig71 wrote:There's a (2) part Villains & Vigilantes undersea based adventure called "Danger in the Depths" that I Was thinking of adapting to a Heroes Unlimited campaign. I believe it's available on rpgnow.com

There's also a short M&M ocean based adventure called "Deep Runs the Dreadnaught" that's available as part of a series for that game. It's really just a short plot outline ,and some villain stats, so you could easily adapt it, and swap in an HU2 villain.

i don't have either of those resources or honestly the energy to tackle them. Anyone else want to take a crack at it and pop them over my way>

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Perfect opportunity to run a Sea Lab 2021 game.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Greg Diaczyk
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Official "Wayne Smith Clone"

Unread post by Greg Diaczyk »

RGG Wrote

May be the Palladium world need a book about what lurks under the deep blues sea.... Secret ocean cities... Not just submarine bound titans and men... I feel a proposal blooming.

You need to check out Rifts Lemuria, its RIFTS, but its full of ideas for aliens, undersea people (Lemurians and Merans (Mer-People)), underwater magical items, magical power armor, ridding animals, monsters and sea dragons.

For the tech stuff you'll need to hound Kevin as I sent in the follow up book to Rifts Lemuria, The New Navy Source Book in December which is packed full of submarines (including creation rules), weapons, O.C.C.s and world info on colonies (surface and below the sea), pirates of the China Sea/Pacific and much more.

Though if you are really patient I am also working on a Hardware Unlimited book right now that will have Submarine Creation rules (As above but outlined for Hardware Characters/contemporary setting).
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"
Palladium Freelance Writer and Editor

Mediapig71
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mediapig71 »

Really looking forward to Hardware Unlimited, Greg... the system sorely needs it!!!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Pirates on a High-tech Sub.
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

Also check out Aliens Unlimited, they have many aquatic and amphibious races that could be dropped in. I used one race to create Shakuda, the Mer-Manhunter once!
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

What does everyone think of the amped-up Major version of Underwater Abilities that an Empowered can select in PU2?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I'm iffy on it. The double all physical attributes is nice, but with only extraordinary physical strength it seems kinda lacking still to be a major.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Especially since it's the ONLY major you get, compared to the option of getting several others in the others.

I found the suped-up Lycanthropy a bit confusing too. It mentions that other super-powers can't be used except in Lycanthrope form... but the enhanced Lycanthropy is the only power the category gives.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Didn't FAQ/errata clearly state that both those options rolled on the earlier table for superpowers....
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Spirit I don't think you completed your thought there. If I word your statement in a non-questioning way...

"both those options rolled on the earlier table for superpowers"

What is this asking related to the FAQ/errata?
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Tor wrote:"both those options rolled on the earlier table for superpowers"

If you look at the post before mine, it's in response to that post.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

The post before that was by me, was it referring to Underwater/Lycanthropy?

Basically it wasn't a complete sentence. Was it like "both those options CAN BE rolled on the earlier table" ?

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”