teams made up from strange concepts...

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

I don't think it's odd in fact I want to base entire games or PC/NPCs off of songs

I really want to draw up NPCs for Jeremy from Pearl Jam and Rooster by Alice in Chains
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

It's odd but not unusual...since just by playing this game, let's face it, we're odd. :-D I'm still going to write up that adventure based on Cake's "Wheels."

I can't help but cringe whenever i see a PU2 category, but otherwise the team looks really cool.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Lynx8882 wrote:you have to toss in a minor side rivalry with Ace of Spades from CS (or was it GI?) over the name

Lynx

That in and of itself could make for a plot thread... the group gets ambushed by the other AoS, who claims "There can be only ONE Ace Of Spades!"
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

I just had this idea for a chess based team, their field leader is a queen, though many of them have made a few references to a mysterious King...
I think The Queen would be a Wanderer from the rifter (this would allow her to mass teleport everyone...) and give her lot's of mobility...

The Knight would have some sort of armor and Enhanced leaping.
The Rook would be a brick(maybe ME:stone).
The Bishop would have Create Force Fields/Energy Shield(Divine Shielding)/Power Touch.
The Pawn is a duplicator....

The King would actually be a Subquantum Soloton Projector.
A Source of potentially unlimited power, that's so complicated that it needed it's own dedicated AI unit to run it.
Unfortunately For the company that was developing it, the AI became truly aware of itself and refused to be used by it's lessers.
So when a teleporting thief(the Soon to be Queen) stole it away, it convinced her to keep it and help it make some modifications that would let it temporarily empower several others that they could use to their own ends...
Hence why the above four are all Imbued......
Last edited by Sir_Spirit on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Sir_Spirit wrote:I just had this idea for a chess based team, their feild leader is a queen, though many of them have made a few references to a mysterious King...
I think The Queen would be a Wanderer from the rifter.(this woud allow her to mass telelport everyone...) and give her lot's of mobility...

The Knight would have some sort of armor and Enhanced leaping.
The Rook would be a brick(maybe ME:stone).
The Bishop would have Creat Force Feilds/Energy Sheild(Divine Shielding)/Power Touch.
The Pawn a duplicater....

The King would actually be a Subquantum Soloton Propjector.
A Source of potentialy unlimited power, that's so complicated that it needed it's own dediacted AI unit to run it.
Unfortunately for the com pany that was developing it the AI became truly aware of itself and refused to be used by it's lessers.
So when a teleporting theif stole it away, it convinced her to keep it and help it make some modifications that would let it tempararily empower several others that they could use to their own ends...
Hence why the above four are all Imbued......

When I first saw this post I was strongly reminded of the Hellfire Club from the X-Men comics as they too have hierarchies based on chess pieces... but the more I read it the more I liked it. :ok:
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

I have done so many Music based Characters and teams that I eventually had to create an off shoot HU universe for them...(can you tell I am a pre-crisis reader of DC? :D )...I ended up naming it the Rockers Universe.
All told I have roughly 6 HU universes...and crossovers do occure (sigh) I hvae one comming up thats gonna be real fun as atleast 3 of my players Have characters in all the universes involved...Oi Vey
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Damian Magecraft wrote:I have done so many Music based Characters and teams that I eventually had to create an off shoot HU universe for them...(can you tell I am a pre-crisis reader of DC? :D )...I ended up naming it the Rockers Universe.
All told I have roughly 6 HU universes...and crossovers do occure (sigh) I hvae one comming up thats gonna be real fun as atleast 3 of my players Have characters in all the universes involved...Oi Vey

A "sample" of one of the teams in the 'Rockers' HU would be appreciated( by me atleast...).
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Sir_Spirit wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:I have done so many Music based Characters and teams that I eventually had to create an off shoot HU universe for them...(can you tell I am a pre-crisis reader of DC? :D )...I ended up naming it the Rockers Universe.

A "sample" of one of the teams in the 'Rockers' HU would be appreciated( by me atleast...).

oh boy...where to start? Most are bad puns based around a song, artist, or group....well how about some of the singletons first?

Survivor-the mutant one eyed tiger
Metallica-female borg
Wildthing-Crazy Hero Experiment (Rifts option-Crazy)
Rush-experiment (Rifts option-Juicer)

Teams
Kiss-(all mystic bestowed)
-----Demon-transforms into a demon
-----Star Child-APS plasma
-----Cat-animal abilities
-----Celestial-Cosmic Awareness(combination of sense powers)
-----Fox-animal abilities
-----Wizard-(PF wizard)

The Beastie Boys (these players were not very inventive)
-----a trio of mutant animals

96 Degrees (this one caught me off guard)
-----Kelvin-APS ice
-----Farenheit-APS fire

singleton Villans
Megadeath-Megavillan experiment borg(I was in poor form that day)
ZZ Top-spin at EX-SPD and Sonic SPD combined(meh...it was cute when I thought it up...shrug)
SteppenWolf-lycanththrope with a magic carpet(should have heard the groans on that one)

Villan Team
Psycho circus-(this is the premier villan team in RHU)
-----Insane Clown Posse-multiple selves (frenzy option)
-----Poison-Mutant with disruptive touch
-----Guns and Roses-A sharpshooter and mutant twins with plant control
-----Slash-knife fighter (frenzy option)
-----AC/DC-APS electicity
-----Quiet Riot-mutiple selves and sonic power
-----Bat outta Hell- balrog demon
-----Black Dog-true lycanthrope
-----RingMaster-Psychic (PF MM, Also is the leader)

(yes some of these are not HU classes per se but I use a house rule called the megaverseal option...any class from a Palladium book is leagal fodder for HU)
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: teams made up from strange concepts...

Huh, just ran across his, what do you consider a "true" lycanthrope?
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

The Psycho Circus group sounds interesting. I personally like the Insane Clown Posse so that stood out to me.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Her0man0 »

I did a Metallica team based on the names of there albums

Each had APS Metal with one other major power

Master of Puppets (Leader) - Control others
Ride the lightning - APS electricity
And Justice for All - Natural Combat ability
Black - Darkness Control
Load and Reload - Twins with Alter Limbs
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Sir_Spirit wrote:

Huh, just ran across his, what do you consider a "true" lycanthrope?

the Lycanthropes from PF and Rifts (The HU power version always left me cold)
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

Try this
lee's useless superhero generator
it comes up with names, powers, vehicles and weapons in a very golden age silver age four color way
http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/comics/herogen/
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Unread post by Sir Neil »

I have a pile of characters made from strange concepts. The first one that leaps to mind is the great Russian hero, Transiberian Orca. Half-man, half-whale. You could do worse than stat him up as a pneuma-biform with ocean magic from Rifts.
As seen in Rifter 20
Called "disturbing" by Therumancer.
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Thunderaxe wrote:I can only imagine what the end result of a character based off of St. Anger would be like ;)

St Anger.
Oswald Hiram Leslie Potter.
1st level Imbued.
Summary: an accoutant, with receeding hairline, a divorce, and a crappy job. Thick glasses optional. He's been surfing the edge of losing it for a while. Traffic jams, work based ridicule etc. Goes to a therapy centre to offload and offset his growing angst. Learns a few meditation and auto hypnotic techniques, but is put off by the new ager vibe he gets. he steamlines the process and uncovers a type of biorhythmic control constant running through all the Malarkey. Instead of bottling his anger, he can release it catharticly.
Powers: probably all physical, with alter body and one of the berserker style minor powers (PU1 i Believe). He's a small man, with a chip on his shoulder, and the ability to unlock his Hyde side. Views himself as 'The patron saint of Anger'. Probable antihero with villanous leanings. Aberrant perhaps.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

I'm a big fan of just word association. My desk has a few random objects on it.

Can of energy drink. = 'Bio-Fuel' Eugenics with acid blood, some limited healing and an electric touch. built for speed. Bright green uniform and vibrant hypercolour eyes. Hyperactive acrobat
Speakers = 'Sub Woofer' Animal like mutant. very fond of AA: canine. probably some sort of subsonic howl.
My payslip = 'Payslip' Wealthy super invention with a frictionless suit.
a memory stick = 'Megabyte' Psi mechanic with a variant Juicer harness (loaded with TK punch, TK leap and psychic body field
a fake moustache ='Magnum' Hardware weapons, using a pair of big revolvers with safety rounds. cowboy stylings include the great twirled moustach, bullet proof long coat etc.

I'll regularly do a pick up game, and will have to make teams up on the spot, so I tend to just free associate a lot.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

Iczer wrote:I'm a big fan of just word association. My desk has a few random objects on it.

Can of energy drink. = 'Bio-Fuel' Eugenics with acid blood, some limited healing and an electric touch. built for speed. Bright green uniform and vibrant hypercolour eyes. Hyperactive acrobat
Speakers = 'Sub Woofer' Animal like mutant. very fond of AA: canine. probably some sort of subsonic howl.
My payslip = 'Payslip' Wealthy super invention with a frictionless suit.
a memory stick = 'Megabyte' Psi mechanic with a variant Juicer harness (loaded with TK punch, TK leap and psychic body field
a fake moustache ='Magnum' Hardware weapons, using a pair of big revolvers with safety rounds. cowboy stylings include the great twirled moustach, bullet proof long coat etc.

I'll regularly do a pick up game, and will have to make teams up on the spot, so I tend to just free associate a lot.

Batts

Those are good. I really like Sub Woofer = Canine. That one is interesting.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Epically
Explorer

Unread post by Epically »

Iczer wrote:a fake moustache ='Magnum' Hardware weapons, using a pair of big revolvers with safety rounds. cowboy stylings include the great twirled moustach, bullet proof long coat etc.
Batts

Why do you have a fake moustache on your desk?
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Revan wrote:
Epically wrote:
Iczer wrote:a fake moustache ='Magnum' Hardware weapons, using a pair of big revolvers with safety rounds. cowboy stylings include the great twirled moustach, bullet proof long coat etc.
Batts

My thoughts exactly.

It sound like an interesting story, dish. :D
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Anthar wrote:
Revan wrote:
Epically wrote:
Batts

My thoughts exactly.

It sound like an interesting story, dish. :D

It's not that interesting. It came from a christmas cracker.

The longer story? I'm not very 'in touch' with my family, and we domn't have a lot in common, so christmas is a very, subdued affair for me and always have. My girlfriend is a very social, family orientated person. With the weather issues I had last year, we had Christmas with her family this year, becuase they are closer to home.

They play games, tell stories, and pretty much gave me one of those christmas crackers (The one you and a partner pull from both ends) the first I'd seen in over 2 decades. Anyway, so I find the ubiquitous slip of paper with some very lame jokes, a christmas hat made from crepe paper, and a moustache with an adhesive strip. I wore it for about an hour just to elicit the giggles and when it came home with me, I stuck it on the side of my computer.

And there it stays. still eliciting giggles.

Batts
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
Double Up
Double Up was just a grunt who went mercenary after a not-so-illustrous career in the marine corp...however, early on he stumbled across a high-tech device, a belt called a quantum tachyon field emitter. He didn't know what it did, but since it was designed to be worn he figured "why not?" and put it on. The device was meant to invest the ability of quantum tunneling on the wearer...it worked...sorta...now Double Up is able to activate the belt and turn himself into a being of pure energy, as well as teleport. In addition, somehow, due to the strange laws of quantum physics, a duplicate energy form of himself also can pop into existence when he wants it, able to operate independently with its own energy-based powers.

Power category: super invention
Powers: APS: Light, Energy Doppleganger, Teleport.

Double Up will use a M-16 with grenade launcher and the armor when necessary, but prefers more and more to rely on his newfound powers as time goes by.

Just wondering, isn't any APS power illegal for a super invention? The GM can overrule such thing with reason of course.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

AlanGunhouse wrote:
el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
Double Up
Double Up was just a grunt who went mercenary after a not-so-illustrous career in the marine corp...however, early on he stumbled across a high-tech device, a belt called a quantum tachyon field emitter. He didn't know what it did, but since it was designed to be worn he figured "why not?" and put it on. The device was meant to invest the ability of quantum tunneling on the wearer...it worked...sorta...now Double Up is able to activate the belt and turn himself into a being of pure energy, as well as teleport. In addition, somehow, due to the strange laws of quantum physics, a duplicate energy form of himself also can pop into existence when he wants it, able to operate independently with its own energy-based powers.

Power category: super invention
Powers: APS: Light, Energy Doppleganger, Teleport.

Double Up will use a M-16 with grenade launcher and the armor when necessary, but prefers more and more to rely on his newfound powers as time goes by.

Just wondering, isn't any APS power illegal for a super invention? The GM can overrule such thing with reason of course.

Pfft, most of the "limitations" of that are kinda stupid IMO.And Other peoples opinions too....
e
Last edited by Sir_Spirit on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

I know such limitations may not make sense in comics terms. What I would require is the player to explain how the device would make the power function.
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Sir_Spirit wrote:Pfft, most of the "limitations" of that are kinda stupid IMO.

What can we say, "Heroes Limited" is the name of the game.
As seen in Rifter 20
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Sir Neil wrote:
Sir_Spirit wrote:Pfft, most of the "limitations" of that are kinda stupid IMO.

What can we say, "Heroes Limited" is the name of the game.

Or at least, it should be...if it didn't sound so much like the name of a superhuman specialists company: "Heroes Ltd."
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Perfect. :) That's just what I needed.
As seen in Rifter 20
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

The Menagerie, each member takes a animal persona.

like a Vigilante call Night Fox,a Hardware call Pack Rat, a Robot:exoskeleton Iron Dargon.
Still thinking about the others.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

gaby wrote:The Menagerie, each member takes a animal persona.

like a Vigilante call Night Fox,a Hardware call Pack Rat, a Robot:exoskeleton Iron Dargon.
Still thinking about the others.

Would a mutant animal in that group take the persona of "the Man" :D
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Gadgets Gang

Each member use a Super Inventions,is a Hardware or use a trick weapons.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”