faced with a horde of glitter boys

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

what do you do when faced with a horde of glitter boys?

1) fight to the death
43%
2)surrender
29%
3)cry like a little girl
6%
4)soil yourself a run like a scared boy
23%

Total votes: 80

Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

answer #4 is kinda Offensive... you know how scary it is for us Black guys in a Ritzy White neighborhood... "My car is stolen... that black dude on foot must have stolen it!!!!!" *Gun shots* "oh... I parked it by the Pool house... sorry little black boy... i only Wounded you.. stop bleeding on my Side walk"
thou i did Vote for #4... any time i encounter more then 3 GB's My PC will Wet him self... then Run for his Mommy....
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

me? well, I'd just send a couple friends with the mutant power of Invunerability and let them deal with it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

K20A2_S wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:answer #4 is kinda Offensive... you know how scary it is for us Black guys in a Ritzy White neighborhood... "My car is stolen... that black dude on foot must have stolen it!!!!!" *Gun shots* "oh... I parked it by the Pool house... sorry little black boy... i only Wounded you.. stop bleeding on my Side walk"
thou i did Vote for #4... any time i encounter more then 3 GB's My PC will Wet him self... then Run for his Mommy....
Just out of curiosity, where do you live?

Georgia.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadowfyr »

Um... a horde of GB's..... uhhh

Bend over maybe?

LOL :lol:
You are so huggably evil! :ok: ~ Temporalmage

So, come to a concensus...
Put five people in a room, and you have ten opinions! ~ Borast

Unread post by Guest »

Where's the poll option for "Destroy Glitterboys and sell parts"?
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Surrender.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

the hands up in the air
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Against a full on "horde" of GB's? I think I'd follow my sure-fired five step path to victory.

Step 1) Fill my Spiderman-underoos with my cowardess.

Step 2) Flail my arms about in the air and panic, running in circles.

Step 3) Run like a little sissy-boy and find a good place to hide till the threat is gone.

Step 4) Follow them from a safe distance and wait for them to break for camp for the night, stretch their legs, and get some real food in their bellies.

Step 5) Use a sillent weapon (laser/vibro-knife/MD hand to hand...) to kill as many of them as I can in their sleep, and then get the heck out of there before sunrise or discovery.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Hard to answer without a scenario:

If I had my own horde of GB then fight!

If I was Thor or better yet Thoth then they would be the ones screaming.

If your talking about me the guy sitting behind this computer, then I would probably pass out from shock.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

dang it starting to smell in this thread.
Now are we talking about a mixed hoard of GBs from La Belle Province or just run of the mills (like that is any less threatening)

If your characters were able to smoke the GB-10's (as hard to believe as this is) with a small party (please remeber a hoard is a lot more than 6 or so GBs) I doubt if you faced the mixed bag of tricks you would fair as well, unless you live in munchkinland, and if you do can you get Gilda the good fairy of the north's e-mail addy for me cause she and Dorthy are hot :-D
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Look unimportant and hope they have better things to do. (which they probably do, the only kingdom that can field a 'horde' of GBs is free quebec, and they don't deploy them outside their borders unless it's pretty darn important.)
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

Zerebus I haven't played Phaseworld in a while but the Cosmo-knight it is only nearly immune to energy not kinetic damage right. If I am correct the evn an Uber Cosmo knight would fall to hordes of Gilterboys
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

depends on the Character I am using.

My VF pilots that are on Rifts Earth.

A) Fly the hell out of there at Max Mach speed.
b) if A is unavailable. Panic Button with all Missiles fired.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

I wait until they all need to get out of their armours for rest room breaks and showers, then take care of them.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

"He who fights then runs away, has wasted valuable running time"
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
~
~
~

Comrade Corsarius wrote:"He who fights then runs away, has wasted valuable running time"

I like that so much, I'm tempted to sig that line. :-D
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Personally, I'm kind of curious why so many people would throw their lives away in combat rather than surrender...

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Do what many if not most of the Posters in here do almost anytime a difficult Challenge is proposed:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: CALL IN THE MARDUK FLEET, THE SDF-1 MAIN GUN, OR ANY SUPERWEAPON FROM THE ROBOTECH UNIVERSE..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!

Unread post by Guest »

Azrael wrote:Tha phrase: "Running will only make you die tired." Comes to mind. I'd stand and fight it'd be a glorious and honorable death.

But I must ask...you say Horde right? FQ only has what 200+ Glitterboys? (correct me if I'm wrong). Though I'm thinking of the 3rd armored division of the Tri-Galactic Military Services merc unit from phase world who actually fielded a "horde" of Glitterboys....1200 boom guns *shudders*

FQ's got 15,000 GBs of various types.

Then there's New Republic of Japan, which can field roughly 12,000 G10 GBs, 8400 G10A1 GBs, and 5000 G10A2 GBs.
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

You left out an option for "Summon Kid With A Bag of Rocks."

Unread post by Guest »

Mike Taylor wrote:You left out an option for "Summon Kid With A Bag of Rocks."

Little Timmy's busy laying down cover fire so people can't shoot back over on the Cover Fire topic.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Gheralt Hellwalker wrote:2 points.

1. If I am not mistaken I read somewhere a tactical Nuke would only do the equivalent of what 50 MDC damage if that? Am I wrong, do they do more damage?

2. I read in a book somewhere not sure which about Robotech armor if it came to Rifts. It said that it was faster and more advanced but in comparison to other Power armor it was essentially inferior. I think most of the Robotic armor only had like 300 MDC at most and there weapon systems did barely more then average. There huge advantage was MASSIVELY maneuverable and fast. I could be wrong but /shrug its how I remember it.

Yeah, you're mostly wrong.
Robotech stuff does have less MDC, and is often faster, but the firepower is often at least as good as Rifts stuff.

chaserone
Explorer

Unread post by chaserone »

Most of the mecha stand a chance against a glitterboy in a one on one fight, although, one boom gun hit to a veritech will more than likely trash it enough to impair it.

Excaliber on the other hand would rock against a glitterboy.
"Like slicing tomatoes with a sledgehammer"
Killer Cyborg
Priest

K20A2_S wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:Personally, I'm kind of curious why so many people would throw their lives away in combat rather than surrender...
B/c it's not "our" lives, and a new life is but a sheet of paper away.

That seems like a lack of playing in character to me... your PC doesn't know that he'll be reincarnated...
Uh, reinpaperated... whatever...

Killer Cyborg
Priest

K20A2_S wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
K20A2_S wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:Personally, I'm kind of curious why so many people would throw their lives away in combat rather than surrender...
B/c it's not "our" lives, and a new life is but a sheet of paper away.

That seems like a lack of playing in character to me... your PC doesn't know that he'll be reincarnated...
Uh, reinpaperated... whatever...
I'm talking about moving on to a whole new PC all together.............I don't play this way, but some people do.

I know...
The PC would be the body, the player would be the soul... the new PC would be the same soul in a new body....

Either way, it still seems like lack of playing in character...

Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:
Mike Taylor wrote:You left out an option for "Summon Kid With A Bag of Rocks."

Little Timmy's busy laying down cover fire so people can't shoot back over on the Cover Fire topic.

Little Timmy's a badass. I gotta give him props for that.

As to this whole going out gun blazing thing. That's just stupid unless you KNOW that the other side is going to kill you anyway. If you're a D-Bee facing off with Free Quebec, sure. If you're facing off against the GBs of Tri-Galactic Military Services or a group of merc GB pilots, be smart and surrender.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Considering that my group has a Phase drive equipped Victorian mansion with a decent level of firepower, I know their answer would be to go get it and hover 4 miles over them while firing the particle beams, saving the lasers for picking off jets missiles and non chromed items
冠双
Drakenred®™©
Champion

(BLEEP) IT! sorry bout the multiple post
Last edited by Drakenred®™© on Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
冠双
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Drakenred wrote:
Azrael wrote:
Phase drive equipped Victorian mansion

WTH? Which book did that show up in?
Well, the short version is they thought they were in a BTS type game since the date on the callender was April 2004. . .

They should have payed attention.

Deckplance to the "Haunted" Flying Victorian Mansion a Sentient MDC Starship which is currently residing in the Wolfen Empire. . .

When they first investgated the haunted Mansion, they doors slamed shut on them and the ship started a pre launch countdown, They thought that I had turned into a Killer GM especialy since they were only capable of SDC damge and the doors and windows were all MDC structures.ironicaly their allies in the Wolfen empire dont give them mutch trouble, since would you Realy mess with someone who has a talking Rune House?(its not a Rune House, but its a MDC structure in Paladium which means that its invulerabel to anthing But magic.
冠双
Comrade Corsarius
Hero

Unread post by Comrade Corsarius »

Dead Boy wrote:
Comrade Corsarius wrote:"He who fights then runs away, has wasted valuable running time"

I like that so much, I'm tempted to sig that line. :-D

By all means, be my guest.
I'd get up in the morning and watch the sun rise over the yardarm of my sky-ship as the sails billowed in the breeze and the land slid by 300-odd metres below. I'd grasp the mahogany ship's wheel, turn her nose a few points back onto the line, and feel pity for all those poor bastards below who have to work for a living. - My idea of the good life in Rifts.

Steampunk SAMAS finally built!
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

I don't see how their weapon is ineffective against something flying at 500mph when the slug of the USA-G10 GB's main gun is fired at over mach 5
gelidus
Explorer

Unread post by gelidus »

As my wearwolf stand and fight...Till I got blown into the next zip code. Then go about my day as normal

Unread post by Guest »

Hmmm....

What am I?

if it's one of my more recent, lower power level, s.d.c. books guys, he'd turn to his friends and say "Smoke em if ya got em"

If it was one of my overmunchkined early characters, he would probably have a fleet of undamaged Glitter Boys that needed a little upholstery cleaning.

Unread post by Guest »

Zerebus wrote:
Wildfire wrote:Zerebus I haven't played Phaseworld in a while but the Cosmo-knight it is only nearly immune to energy not kinetic damage right. If I am correct the evn an Uber Cosmo knight would fall to hordes of Gilterboys

It'd take too long to explain. Suffice to say that the character "Zerebus" is powerful enough to take out whole pantheons, and then let us never speak of this fact again.

That's why you like Nek so much.

Us munchkins gotta stick together huh.
Ronin Shinobi
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Sportsmeister and Mr.Sports of sound off, endorsed by cornholioprime

Unread post by Ronin Shinobi »

Can't really answer. It depends on my resources.
Showoff often leads to showdown
Svartalf- Shinobi, You're twisted
Mack- I'm constantly amazed at what people will put their energy into. This planet needs more predators.
Saitou Hajime- What kind of Americian are you?
Shadyslug- Good question
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

What you talkin about willis? I AM THE GLITTER BOY HORDE.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

There are things I dislike more than death. 8-)

Seriously fast tacticle retreat is the order of the day.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

Since I would have spent my 25,000,000 credits differently, my power armor wearing special forces soldiers outnumber the GB's about 20 to 1 and while I would take a couple casualties, I would down the GB's quickly.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

PreacherMan wrote:

There are things I dislike more than death. 8-)

Well, I guess it depends on what they want to do to me...
Retreat or fighting to the death is better than some fates, but since there's no horrible fate mentioned in the scenario it seems weird that everybody's default is to fight to the death.

Seriously fast tacticle retreat is the order of the day.

Good luck getting out of range...
(Unless you can teleport :ok:)

dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Re: faced with a horde of glitter boys

Unread post by dark brandon »

2005...5 years ago...I posted...

It's nostalgia time.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Ya gotta lock on to the target to hit it, the GB gun is a big, slow moving peice of equipment better suited to fighting tanks or other bots. By the time they fired there short the aircraft is already several thousand feet away. The GB would have to lead the target, and leading aircraft with a single shot weapon is hard. Also if the Aircraft has weapons like missles, they can lock on and fire on the GB's while out of range of there boom gun.

The GB is great for anti armor and anti personal, but it's vulnerable to air attacks.

PS - Now if that boom gun hits an aircraft... bye bye aircraft.

Where does it say that the Boom Gun is slow moving, or even how fast the GB can move the gun in fact? Depending on how the aircraft or flying power armors were moving in relation to the GB would be the big determining factor (i.e., strait at the GB or across it's field of view). It would not matter how fast they move if they fly right at the Glitter Boy. If they fly across the GB's FoV within 1/2 mile at 500+ mph I would agree. And if the fliers are flying across the GB's FoV at those speeds, they can't fire on the GB either (or can't accurately fire on it in power armors that have guns that they can move around like the SAMAS). Also, the only power armors that can carry missiles that can be fired from outside of the Boom Gun's range is the Flying Titan Power Armor with 6 SRM hardpoints (or 12 mini-missiles). They would have to use at the very least 4 Armor Piercing SRMs, rolling 18 or better each time and rolling max damage to take down just 1! Against a horde, I would be FUBAR'ed unless I had a horde twice as big of IAR-2's. Then I would fight.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

actually, with a sufficiently fast aircraft you would have a sufficiently large penalty to hit as to make it near impossible (on a 20 only), and with the right missile (one of the phase world cruise missiles that give no chance to do anything about if you're within 1 mile, for example) you could pretty much destroy an entire formation of glitterboys. so you get a really fast-moving jet, put a half a dozen of them in the air, and give them each one of those cruise missiles... i'd expect the glitterboys to just vanish, pretty much :P
dragonfett
Knight

Those are pretty extraordinary circumstances. Not to mention that the aircraft would have similar penalties I would have to say because of the fact that they are probably trying to not get hit by the Boom Gun. If the plane was flying strait, I would say that the plane would take a -2 penalty to attack and the GB -4 to attack at 2 miles out, and double that for every half mile that the plane closes. I don't think this would be a big problem however as almost all aircraft that I can think of (not including sky cycles for the purposes of aircraft, mind you) would be able to carry SRMs anyway, so they could fire from outside of the Boom Gun's range anyway.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Wow... Old freakin thread.
My daughter just started K-grade a coupla weeks ago, yet this thread was started just days after she was born.
No wonder I never saw this illogically phrased question as I was in the hospital... Begining to wonder what other jems I may have missed here while I was cooing my bundle of cuteness.

As to the OP's question (Thoe late as my answer is) the question is...

What do you do when faced with a horde of glitter boys?
1)fight to the death
2)surrender
3)cry like a little girl
4)soil yourself a run like a scared boy

Atsa Great question "BUT"... Given that there are NO criteria (whatsoever) as to what state you are in when you fight them... I.E.:
► Is it A)YOU, you, just plain old you who is fighting them?
►Or is it B) You as in Your present or maybe a past character fighting them?
►Or is it C) You as in the character You Just created to answer this question with?
CUZ The answer obviously changes depending on which of those three we got to choose from.

ANSWER(S)...
A) I'm ME, Me having just been resently thrown in to Rifts. My Only super power is my skills at "Metagaming" and they are Useless cuz I've just gotten Rifted here into The R.E.D. (Rifts Earth Dimension)... Or RED Shifted as I call it :o
Answer: No powers, metagame skills useless, No#2 SURRENEDER!

B) I'm one of my Past PC's and I get to choose which one... Simple enough, I choose my Nightspawn who rifted into RED. He's Got the Morphus powers of "Awesome-ness!" And some cool (yet useless) Talents and only 3Permanent PPE left to use them with due to me going crazy while *Talent Shopping...
Answer: A) I fight to the death!!!
I may win...

C) I get to Choose right here on the spot... KEWL...
Then I choose my Q10! [CENSORED] from my Other Favorite RGP known as [CENSORED]! he's got the powers of [CENSORED] and can [CENSORED] and will do [CENSORED] to the first Glitter Boy (Ouch i know)!
Then I shove the second Glitter Boys head up the third GB's [CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED] and [CENSORED] so hard his mother will cry!
The forth and fifth Glitter boys, well I'll just [CENSORED] there arms so hard that they'll never [CENSORED] and [CENSORED], meaning those to will never get to [CENSORED] and that is why they [CENSORED] for voting republican twice!!! that'll teach them.
The Sixth Glitter boy, well I'm gonna use my favorite power from the [CENSORED] Players Guide! Then I use it in the most creative (yet disturbing) way ever by [CENSORED] his [CENSORED] and finally Le Pista Resistance, I'll [CENSORED] his [CENSORED] and that is why he'll never be able to get a date with a human girl again for the rest of his life.
The last few I will give them the choice of death or [CENSORED]....
And boy will they be suprised if they choose Bufu!
:P

*Talent Shopping (or talent burning as known in some circles) is a very real RPG geeks sickness, akin to a womens need to go shoe shopping and ends up spending the whole houses income doing so.
If You or a friend are suffering from the addiction of Talent Shopping or you'd like to know more about this horrid disease,
Please call 1-800-CJMADE-MEDOIT!
OPPERATORS ARE STANDING BY.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

As my Cyber-Knight? Run and hope that I distort their systems enough to cover my escape.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Surrender (as well as running away) is a valid option for the players in the games I run. They'd be smart enough to not fight to the death because that is exactly what I would give them, character death.

Illithid13 wrote:Considering a zaper and 2 psi-slayers took out 6 GBs together in basicly 3 rounds, I'd say I'd fight, but that is only because that is what we did... And we won! :D

The GM wasn't running the GB's properly. If I was runnning them (the GB's who would have more then just boom guns to fight with) your characters would have died. People need to realize that any GB unit that has survived the Great Cataclysm has probably had a number of modification done to it over the years. Those that are owned by mercs still most likely carry back up weapons or even induce TW mods to them.

In a game I am in there are three GB's the GM regular has to slap naruni force fields on stuff so it lives long enough to actually be a threat.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

Throw Wilks laser grenade, sit back and watch the show.
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Targeted deflection and lots of it. I mean LOTS OF IT!
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
~
~
~

I believe the correct answer is a hybrid of options 1 and 4
► Fight to the death, and
► Soil yourself a run like a scared boy, only towards the enemy.

Here's my thinking on this. The best way to take on a hoard of Glitter Boys is to take advantage of their main two weaknesses: (1) the length of the Boom Guns themselves, and (2) the fact that as a horde they are reasonably well packed together. The sight of just little 'ol you charging their formation is sure to be cause for the pilots to be distracted by their own hysterical laughter, thus giving you your chance to close in to point-blank range. In theory this is so close, and they are so well packed together, it will be difficult to aim their weapons. Also, if you hug one of the GB's legs, it will fall to a team-mate to shoot you off for them. Time this right and dodge with all your might, and in theory, you could get them to shoot each other's legs off for you. Sure, eventually you'll die, but with the right character, a sympathetic GM, and some really favorable penalties to hit on their part, you could get them to take out maybe twenty or so of their brethren. :)

(And thanks, Steeler49er. I forgot we can could use alt-codes here)

[img]x[/img]
dragonfett
Knight

Who said that they had to shoot you off? If there is a horde, all they need is four of the to get a hold of a limb and now you are restrained.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown

Return to “Rifts®”