Guns in Palladium?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

No stated rules but you can geuss.....ROF --once every 30 sec approximatly....fire, load powder, load shot, ram it home, prim the pan, aim, fire.....
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Guns in Palladium?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Chewbacca wrote:Does PF have rules for erly guns like muzzle-loading flintlocks?

Not that I know of.

But Transdimensional TMNT does.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

I belive in the Armor, Weapons, and Castles book they do, I could be mistaken though.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(

Unread post by Guest »

You'll find the best rules in Transdimensional TMNT. Though there is a PF-based Black Powder article in Rifter #10.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Yes, but in my game they are a time waister. Not exactly a very useful in battle at all. Take 2-4 melees to load and perpare to fire. Black powder is nice for blowing up trees and walls, but not practical in war for fighting. Even cannons take too long.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

I've used them in other Fantasy games... but did work on rules for them for PFRPG... with Proper Traning (the WP) you can Fire and Load once per Melee(and move, twice if still)... have a Range of 300 feet... anythign beyond 300feet has a -4 to hit per 100 feet, (And can be dodged w/ no penelty).(half ranges for pistols)
The Damage was an Impressive 2D12Rifles and 1D12 for pistols, and alwasy did a Triple Damage Crit.
The Rifle could be used to parry in meleed combat and as a Club for 1D6 +ps bonus... or w/ a bayonett as a Spear for 1D8+ps

or corse, they costed more then they were really worth, but Rich kingdoms devopted groups of Longbowmen to useing them... 8-20 in a squad... and after 5th level could fire twice per round, and move...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Palladium Fanatsy 2nd Ed. has a Modern Weapons WP for that. . ./
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Rpgpunk
Explorer

Unread post by Rpgpunk »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Palladium Fanatsy 2nd Ed. has a Modern Weapons WP for that. . ./

The only thing wrong the modern WP is that he was asking for a muzzle loader. While the PC might be able to fire it once that will be it, with out powder and bullets they are screwed.

If you wanted a WP I would make one up for it and not use the Modern WP.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Rpgpunk wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Palladium Fanatsy 2nd Ed. has a Modern Weapons WP for that. . ./

The only thing wrong the modern WP is that he was asking for a muzzle loader. While the PC might be able to fire it once that will be it, with out powder and bullets they are screwed.

Maybe even try to fire it once.....put too much powder in and boom....
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

WP: modern?
why not WP: black powder weapons.

the flintlock (sp) was put to good use when you had 3 ranks of men who could fire and reload in turn. then when the enemy closed the gap they would use bayonetts (sp).

primative (or early) firearms are not your standard fair for a fantasy setting, but othe rblackpower things likr rockets or cannons my be more the style.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Rpgpunk
Explorer

Unread post by Rpgpunk »

Zachary The First wrote:
Rpgpunk wrote:

The modern weapons WP as per PF only sorta covers the whole "point and squeeze" theory, though, doesn't it?

Yes, that is basicly the way the WP works.
Sentinel
Palladin

Re: Guns in Palladium?

Unread post by Sentinel »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Chewbacca wrote:Does PF have rules for erly guns like muzzle-loading flintlocks?

Not that I know of.

But Transdimensional TMNT does.

If you want to include guns in your fantasy game ( I wouldn't, but that's me), then yes, Transdimesional TMNT is the way to go.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

No

Well how was that for a Doom impression ? :P
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Rimmer wrote:No

Well how was that for a Doom impression ? :P

Better :)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Personally have no problems with such weapons being introduced into the game. We created a rifleman/musketeer OCC. We use 1e and used the longbowman as the template, just made it a rifle instead of a bow... same hand to hand and roughly the same weapon proficiency. We made the rifle do more damage, of course, and there we had it.

The weapon proficiency was open to our new class and Soldier OCC only. Knight and Paly get WP Lance so they did not get WP Musket/Rifle just because.
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

that's a good idea Iather (or is it Lather cant tell there)

on the issue of fireing once every thirty seconds it's sounds reasonable to me considering that PC's are anything but "Average" now if you wanted to raise an army and handed them the weapons and trained them for a week yes they would fire 3-5 times a minute but a PC? no once every thirty seconds is good because they are the cream of the crop and have better training.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Can you get 6 attacks in a melee in 1e?

I like 1 shot expending 2 attacks and keeping it static for anyone trained.
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

meh...

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Column/ ... lancer.htm

was about the closest i ever came to putting black powder into PFRPG with the old-skool mentality...

ran a steam punk game a while back, but for that i just used the standard firearms rules and limited guns to stuff made pre-1911...
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Based on my experience with blackpowder weapons, reloading takes Steps.
1. Pour more powder down barrel.
2. Grab new round and pad.
3. Push new round and pad into barrel.
4. rooster gun and replace the spent cap (for ball & cap style... Don't know about flintlock and matchlock, but there would likely be something similar there... replacing powder in flashpan or something).

Seems like roughly 4 attacks to me.

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Therumancer wrote:No need for muzzle loaders. Read the skill section in PFRPG 2E. As they point out PFRPG is a "gate world" of sorts. Modern weapons are common enough where even a level 1 character could theoretically have learned the skill to use them.

A lot of people don't like this point, but I've made it in the past, and it happens to be true.

Odds are I expect that if you want a gun you'd skip the whole thing with Muskets/Wheelocks/Flintlocks/Breech Loaders and go directly to 20th century weapons. Odds are any magical powerhouse nation (Timiro, The Western Empire, etc...) probably has mages dimensionally teleporting to other worlds, trading gold pieces (at inflated modern values based on weight) for cash, and then buying guns, and then teleporting back to PFRPG to sell the guns at even more marked up prices.

It's something noone thinks of, but it's been accounted for in the rules to an extent. You'll also notice that the deities in "Dragons and Gods" are in many cases mentioned as making use of energy weapons, not as overtly as in "Pantheons Of the Megaverse" but it is mentioned.

>>>----Therumancer--->

All pretty much true.
In my Rifts campaign, the party ended up on Palladium and set up a permanent circle between the two worlds.
They opened a shop in Dwemer where they buy TechnoWizardry to sell in Palladium and where they sell Alchemist weapons from Palladium.

No reason people wouldn't do this with tech.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”