Suggestions for rifts (Drone Classes)!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shadowdragon7
D-Bee

Suggestions for rifts (Drone Classes)!

Unread post by Shadowdragon7 »

Hi I have some Ideas for rifts that I hope palladium will make someday?
I want to see some drone classes added someday like..
Cyborg drone commander where you take a cyborg and give him or her a wireless cybernetic drone control unit. And give it some wireless range of a few miles.
A T.W. drone engineer that makes T.W. Drones. some for themselves and some to sell.

And lets have the drones designed to be customizable. And have some designed for certain roles.

Will you palladium developers think about them? And do you players feel like you want to try any classes like these out?
What Ideas do you want to suggest for drone classes?

I am hoping that these classes don't get made too overpowered so they will be allowed in most campaigns that have technology.
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Re: Suggestions for rifts (Drone Classes)!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Well Triax has VR robot pilots so it shouldn't be to hard to create drones
Rifts Mercenaries has the Naruni drones, in particular the NE-300 OMAV combat pod

I like to pretend that communications technology advanced in such a way that "jamming" technology quickly advanced the point where that kind of wireless communication became impractical. Combine that with the lack of satellites, other infrastructure and a cultural shift to individual augmentation, drone combat has been (excuse the pun) droned out.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Suggestions for rifts (Drone Classes)!

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Shadowdragon7 wrote:Cyborg drone commander where you take a cyborg and give him or her a wireless cybernetic drone control unit. And give it some wireless range of a few miles.

Present in some form or another:
-Mutants in Orbit has VR systems
-Triax & NGR (similar to MiO)
-Naruni offers such hardware, without the Cyborg conversion requirement
-Mindwerks has something similar, at least in the sense of "avatar" bodies IIRC
-Robot RCC in SB1 does allow for it to have a scout (rules can basically be used to create the drones)
-really anyone with appropriate existing appropriate cybernetics (or even just a radio) could send commands to existing (or custom per SB1) robots setup to receive the signals

Shadowdragon7 wrote:A T.W. drone engineer that makes T.W. Drones. some for themselves and some to sell.

You mean something essentially like the Glittermount Horse in New West? Granted there are other options here to create them (and in wider variety), just haven't seen print.

Return to “Rifts®”