Tactics Conversion

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mike1975
Dungeon Crawler

Tactics Conversion

Unread post by Mike1975 »

Would you guys play tactics. Play out a scenario in the RPG and then go to the table to do the combat part of the RPG and then swap back to the RPG to continue with the story?

I think I have figured out the conversions....
Jerell
Hero

Re: Tactics Conversion

Unread post by Jerell »

Possibly. I can't rule that out. I know we'll play tactics. Whether we mix it with the regular RPG or not I'm not sure, but I've thought about it, and it seems like it could be fun.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

I think tactics will be immensely helpfully for determining the outcome of other nearby engagements, or the actions of un-named allied NPC's.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Mike1975
Dungeon Crawler

I was curious to see how many people would actually use it as a tie in since it was touted to be able to do just that.
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

I have every intentions of doing this for my Robotech campaign, and will make a strong suggestion to my group to try it for our Phase World campaign as well.
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Mike1975
Dungeon Crawler

What I'm not sure of is how to convert higher PPE and other traits to abilities.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”