Rifts book most worth owning.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Rifts book most worth owning.

Unread post by say652 »

I feel the best rifts book is the original corebook.
Zamion138
Hero

Re: Rifts book most worth owning.

Unread post by Zamion138 »

England
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh this should be a fun one.

Ignoring the MB, original recipe or UExtra crispy...Huh. I'm torn between the GMG, BoM, CB1, or D-Bees of North America.

I think I'm gonna go with D-Bess of North America. CB1 is cool and all, but so much of it is traditional races - D-Bees is much funkier and Rifts-like.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

The original conversion book.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
Zamion138
Hero

Personaly id like see peoples opions not on the gmg and on bom, they are sweet but honestly its like saying the mainbook.
Honestly though i think Juicer uprins and mercs gets the most use at the table . I said england last time mostly becuase people were giving it so much crap earlier.
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

The 'core set' I recommend to new people is the Master Guide, the Book of Magic, and the Bionics Sourcebook, along with the suggestion to track down a RMB to go with the RUE. That gathers together a core reference team for 'stuff'.
From there, I tell them, it's a matter of where you want the game to go.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

I vastly prefer CB1 over D-bees of North America for precisely the opposite reason that Marrowlight cites. I think the traditional fantasy races get severely downplayed in most Rifts material, even though elves and dwarves are common enough to have at least three variations each in canon. Goblins, orcs, and trolls are all very useful antagonist races that don't necessarily have a pile of kewl powers to keep track of.

Second choice, Wormwood. More as an example of how a dimension setting book ought to be done than anything else. It's built around compelling ideas and opportunities for stories where I find the Phaseworld and Three Galaxies stuff to be more of an opportunity for race, class, and equipment proliferation.
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

CS War Campaign, Lone Star, and Cs navy for the Good guys.

D-bee's of NA, Conversion book 1 and Dark Conversions, FoM are the Monsters Manuals for Rifts so you gotta have those as well. VK, Wormwood,Atlantis, Hades, and Dyvaal complete the MM series for rifts.

Course my favorite book is New West, so add that as well.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

The problem here (a good problem to have) is that there are so very many books to choose from.

My main standard for awesomeness is compelling originality. Rifts works best for me when the authors stride forward into strange, new territory without leaning on cultural and historic cliches. I also tend to lump together books that seem to be sequels of each other. With that as my standard, these are my favorites:

World Books:
Atlantis/Splynn Dimensional Market: Yes, it leans a little on the ancient legend, but holy cow, does it do some original things with it.
Vampire Kingdoms: Circus section aside, this one was pretty awesome.
Triax/Mindwerks/Triax 2: Yeah, they're toy factories, but the quality of the toys is pretty high. I liked this as an alternative setting on Rifts: Earth. I like it better than North America.
Mercenaries/Merc Town: Tremendously useful book for many different types of campaigns, whether you work with a mercenary, work against a mercenary, or you are a mercenary.
Psyscape: This breathed new life into psionics, an area of the game that often seems a bit marginalized.
Juicer Uprising: As Psyscape did for psionics, so the Uprising did for Juicers.
SoT 4, Cyber Knights: This sourcebook was more about the knights than about the Siege, and that's a good thing.
Coalition War Campaign/Lone Star/Free Quebec. These were the best of the wartime books. They enriched the setting without railroading the plot.
South America 1&2: CJ Carella did a nice job handling this continent with a lot of very original ideas.
Dino Swamp 1&2: Again, very original take. I liked both.

Sourcebooks/Dimension Books:
Phase World/Three Galaxies/Anvil Galaxy/Dimensional Outbreak: Outstanding setting that crosses well with Rifts Earth.
Hades/Dyval: They're like the Land of the Damned books for the megaverse. I like 'em. I don't know how useful they are, but I like 'em.
Sourcebook 1. ARCHIE 3 alone made this one worth it, and there's plenty of other good stuff to boot. Though some may disagree, I liked the bit on the Republicans.

Of course, my favorite book is England =)
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Core book: RMB. I grow to dislike RUE a bit more every time I pick it up.

World book: England. It's my favorite setting for new players and it contains my favorite classes (temporal wiz and warrior).

Source book: I'm indifferent to most source books.

However, if I could only have one Palladium book, it would be Wormwood. I tend to view all other Palladium books as potential source books for Wormwood.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Zamion138
Hero

as we can all see if you dont like england your in poor company.
Not that I have forgiven the filthy lobster backs to this day for what they did to my country....but that doesnt mean the WB was not good.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Chronicle wrote:The original conversion book.

I have to agree with Chronicle, the RCB1. Two reasons are because it has the RT 1st ed conversions and the sharpshooting WP in it.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
flatline
Knight

All the love for England warms my heart. I was under the impression that it was poorly regarded.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

for bionic characters i love Japan
for mutant animals and demigods the South America.
And of course I cannot say enough good things about Heroes Unlimited. Though not a source book these characters have been the focus of many many discussions on the forums. Too overpowered, banned in my game, only if i get to pick the limits, blah blah blah, me personally spandex belongs in a post apocalyptic world.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Chronicle wrote:The original conversion book.

I have to agree with Chronicle, the RCB1. Two reasons are because it has the RT 1st ed conversions and the sharpshooting WP in it.

And not to mention a small list of super abilities.
flatline
Knight

say652 wrote:for bionic characters i love Japan
for mutant animals and demigods the South America.
And of course I cannot say enough good things about Heroes Unlimited. Though not a source book these characters have been the focus of many many discussions on the forums. Too overpowered, banned in my game, only if i get to pick the limits, blah blah blah, me personally spandex belongs in a post apocalyptic world.

I'm a big fan of supers as player characters in Rifts campaigns. Most of our Rifts campaigns had at least one super powered character in it. They're excellent characters for players that aren't keen on the bookkeeping that comes along with magic or psionics.

--flatline

Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

The Game Master's Guide. It is a wonderful reference for looking up skills, psionic powers, weapons, vehicles and other stuff. It's a lot lighter to lug around than 30 other books.

In that same vein, the Book of Magic. Same deal. SPells and magic referenced from all the books that came before it.

If I have one complaint, it's that there is no easy way to update it. So every new book that comes out, makes it a little less complete.
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

My 'core' of favourite books are the original grouping, namely
-RIFTS Main Book
-Conversion Book 1
-Sourcebook 1
-World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms

These four worked together extremely well, gave a new GM (or me at the time) everything ever needed to run incredible games, and more than anything else, they all had the same 'character' or shared the same concept of what RIFTS (at the time) was. Clearly this has changed a great deal over the years, and I have enjoyed many of the other books published, each with either it's own unique view of RIFTS, or just a very different/evolving view of it. From these 'other books, my favourites would have to be:

-Wormwood. Just one of the most interesting books ever made. Clunky as possible, it was still loads of fun as a kid, and remains a book I am very fond of.
-Lonestar. Just full of amazing concepts and information, a great book just to read, even if nothing in it ever gets used.
-Shemarrian Nation. Possibly the perfect Sourcebook. It is about exactly what it is about, no filler, and a great read/concept excellently put together and written.
-Mercenaries. A very different view of RIFTS, or maybe just a larger one, but another great book. Only thing that keeps it from being at the top for me is the 50 some odd pages of NPCs.
-Japan. Just one of my favourites, very neat all around.
-Juicer Uprising. Would have benefitted greatly from a change in Palladiums book style, seperating out the the 'Juicer' sourcebook it wants to be with the 'Juicer Uprising' adventure that it's paired with.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Looonatic wrote:The Game Master's Guide. It is a wonderful reference for looking up skills, psionic powers, weapons, vehicles and other stuff. It's a lot lighter to lug around than 30 other books.

In that same vein, the Book of Magic. Same deal. SPells and magic referenced from all the books that came before it.

If I have one complaint, it's that there is no easy way to update it. So every new book that comes out, makes it a little less complete.

Honestly, it'd be pretty easy for them to do something like the old marvel official handbook comics and just do a yearly update (or for Palladium, it'd prolly be better to do a 2-3 year update). Just wait until they had something Rifter sized and sell it. Maybe even merge the BoM and GMG updates into one update if things are slow.

Even easier as a PDF....but we won't go there. :quiet: :quiet:
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Eashamahel
Hero

wait...wait...

I can understand your 'most worth owning' list including 30(!) titles, I mean, I like a lot of books as well, but you included THREE books that have not even been PUBLISHED yet in Northern Gun 1&2 and Megaverse in Flames.

How can you possibly say that books which aren't printed, which you have never seen, are the most worth owning?
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Mercenaries. It is my Rifts bible.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Eashamahel wrote:wait...wait...

I can understand your 'most worth owning' list including 30(!) titles, I mean, I like a lot of books as well, but you included THREE books that have not even been PUBLISHED yet in Northern Gun 1&2 and Megaverse in Flames.

How can you possibly say that books which aren't printed, which you have never seen, are the most worth owning?

Overly hopeful perhaps?
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Dimension Book 7: Megaverse Builder, or Federation of Magic.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Looonatic wrote:The Game Master's Guide. It is a wonderful reference for looking up skills, psionic powers, weapons, vehicles and other stuff. It's a lot lighter to lug around than 30 other books.

I think that's the only Rifts book I don't own...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Ordered Chaos
D-Bee

Unread post by Ordered Chaos »

Greyaxe wrote:Mercenaries. It is my Rifts bible.

Seconded :ok:
"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight." Psalm 144:1
Eashamahel
Hero

Vrykolas2k wrote:

I think that's the only Rifts book I don't own...

The Game Master's Guide or the Book of Magic?

I was big on the GMG when it came out, but I really haven't picked it off the shelf in years, and then only to take a look through it and see what's actually in it again, never for actual gaming. It's got skills, but so does whatever core book you are using. Same with Psychic powers. And that leaves some rules (depending on the edition probably) that may or may not still be part of the game/differ from the rules in the rulebook you are using, and then pages and pages of Armour, Power Armour, and Robots, each section with less information than the last. I've never needed the stats of a robot I don't have the book to, and if I did, it's not like there is anything close to the full stats presented anyways. That, combined with the fact it doesn't really have anything about GMing in it, as that's in the Adventure Guide I think, and it hasn't seen much play by me in a half dozen or more years.

Oh, one thing it is good for is the guns. In that case, it's got all the info, and at least some of the pictures.

The Book of Magic, on the other hand, is great. It's got everything I would want. And a Stone Master OCC. For some reason.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
flatline
Knight

Glistam wrote:Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition.

Man, I don't know. I've got HU:revised and HU2 and sometimes it seems like HU2 is a step backwards.

Maybe it has some gems in it that I haven't discovered yet...

--flatline

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

The RMB is the only book you really need.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

First thought to answer the question: ALL. OF. THEM.

But upon reflection, I'd have to say I have to say I have a soft-spot for Madhaven (probably most because I live not far from NYC, and the entry on the Coney Island area of Queens just makes me smile), Phase World, Cyber-Knights, and Heroes of the Megaverse (*not* just because my name's there, so :P ).
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Killer Cyborg wrote:The RMB is the only book you really need.

Sure, if you just want to play a human, dog-boy or dragon.

Morik
Explorer

Unread post by Morik »

For my players the best books to have to make the setting they want to play.

Rifts Core and Conversion book 1 for more races (I guess I need D-Bees of NA to get a updated race selection.)
Rifts WB1 Juarez is always the main starting place (Vamps should always be the main diet of any Psi Stalker IMO)
Rifts Lone Star/ Coalition War Campaign (Doctor Desmond Bradford is the best antagonist ever made in Rifts IMO)
Rifts New West/ Spirit West/ Juicer Uprising (I hate that Los Alamo is in this book and not New West)
Rifts Mercs 'cause my players always want to be a Merc outfit.

I do have more books than that. It's just that I think with just those you can have YEARS of playing a wonderful MERCENARY story set in the Texas Badlands territories. You could trim Juicer and Spirit West to make it 7 books but I think you would be losing flavor.

Honestly Psycape is getting a lot of play from my players as of late.
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

I got more fun out of the RMB (the original and FAR superior to Ultimate) and Conversion Book 1 than all of all other Rifts books combined.
Insert 400 character limit here.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Vrykolas2k wrote:

Actually, you can play a D-bee too, IIRC.
Just not a schmancy one like you get in later books.

Although you could always adapt the Intelligent Supernatural Being table for PC use, too.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Eashamahel
Hero

Vrykolas2k wrote:

Actually, it's human, Dog Boy, Dragon, and Psi-Stalker/psychic mutant humans, as well as D-Bee human, half native half D-Bee human, or Earth Mutant/Alien/D-Bee, with possible modifications ranging from tails, eye colour, furs, strange skin colours, horns, and different skin types (which add additional SDC). Most of my favourite D-Bees (the D'Nor Devilman, for instance) are easily physically built using the RMB, as are almost all of the D-Bees most people have played in my games over the years (the flesh and blood SDC ones, not the mamals that are battle tanks somehow).

So yeah, neat book, vastly underrated.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Hard to really answer this as "worth' is subjective and varies depending on what you're playing, where, and with who.

As for my 'favorite' books, after the RUE, I'd have to say Lone Star and DBees of NA. I love Lone Star for the Mutants, the indepth info on the Psi Hounds, the Lone Star setting itself, the villains, and the Perez art (Especially coupled with the Machinations of Doom Comic/graphic novel set there.) DBees of NA... while it is some what thick with Burles art, which detracts, it has some other good artists in there and some of the Dbees are more than just 'Human with an animal head'. Some can be quite fun and imaginative to play.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Rifts Dimension Book zero: Palladium Fantasy
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

LETS EXPAND THIS TOOO. What is your favorite Palladium book and why you like this genre so much.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

After The Bomb 2nd is my all time favorite Palladium book.

I started role playing and collecting RPGs when I was 12 and picked up a copy of "Mutants Down Under" because I liked TMNT comics. (Pre-Kiddyfying). Found out it was a supplement for TMNT and other Strangeness. Picked it up, and a life long Role player was borne. When ATB2 came out it was basically the second generation of TMNT&OS, more indepth, more animals, better traits, disadvantages, the works. It's also useful in Heroes Unlimited games and yes, Rifts. I make lone Star mutants via the ATB2 rules and they are some of my all time favorite characters.

I've got the digital copy and 4 hard copies of the book. 3 signed and 1 of those has Erik's signature in it.

"Mutants Down Under" Was my "First" but ATB2 is a 'better book' and very useful and my all time fave Palladium book.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

Eashamahel wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:

Actually, it's human, Dog Boy, Dragon, and Psi-Stalker/psychic mutant humans, as well as D-Bee human, half native half D-Bee human, or Earth Mutant/Alien/D-Bee, with possible modifications ranging from tails, eye colour, furs, strange skin colours, horns, and different skin types (which add additional SDC). Most of my favourite D-Bees (the D'Nor Devilman, for instance) are easily physically built using the RMB, as are almost all of the D-Bees most people have played in my games over the years (the flesh and blood SDC ones, not the mamals that are battle tanks somehow).

You're referring to the 'create a supernatural being' description near the end of the book?
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
Eclipse
Adventurer

Unread post by Eclipse »

flatline wrote:

Man, I don't know. I've got HU:revised and HU2 and sometimes it seems like HU2 is a step backwards.

--flatline

How so? I always had second edition only..
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
flatline
Knight

Eclipse wrote:
flatline wrote:

--flatline

How so? I always had second edition only..

It's been a while, but the first thing to come to mind is that Create Force Field now requires two actions to create a force field which means you can no longer create a FF in response to, say, a car jumping the curb. Not being able to create a FF defensively totally changes the nature of the power from HU:revised.

--flatline

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Morik wrote:First of all he can defend himself, Yo. (He already said he was joking.)

Like the OP can "defend" what he's asked for in his OP by himself...
Actually I did appreciate Bills interjection as it helped me to realise whether I had over stepped the mark and was wrong in my honest reaction. It also stopped my from posting things Id regret. Ty Bill.

Morik wrote:Second, I can disagree and give my opinion about anyone's opinion if I want to. (even if you don't like it)

So can Bill.
And I can joke or write something irrelevant if I want to...

But in forum rules you cant be rude.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

say652 wrote:ok since people want to be douchetards and unfriendly, LETS EXPAND THIS TOOO. What is your favorite Palladium book and why you like this genre so much.

Still not sure on a favourite Rifts book but I do read Pantheons alot (& Dragons & Gods). Not sure why, I guess I like the interaction.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Eashamahel
Hero

Eclipse wrote:You're referring to the 'create a supernatural being' description near the end of the book?

No, in the RMB character creation section they have a page of Optional Rules, among those are Family Origin table, on which you can roll Earth Native, D-Bee: Human, Earth Natives/human mutants, Half Native/Half D-Bee human, and finally Earth Mutant/D-Bee or Alien. The last three come along with two rolls on the another table of non-human traits. Pretty much every game I have ever done has used this section, it's incredibly useful, even as simple as it is, and really lets people's imaginations fly.
Morik
Explorer

Unread post by Morik »

The Dark Elf wrote:
Morik wrote:First of all he can defend himself, Yo. (He already said he was joking.)

Like the OP can "defend" what he's asked for in his OP by himself...
Actually I did appreciate Bills interjection as it helped me to realise whether I had over stepped the mark and was wrong in my honest reaction. It also stopped my from posting things Id regret. Ty Bill.

Morik wrote:Second, I can disagree and give my opinion about anyone's opinion if I want to. (even if you don't like it)

So can Bill.
And I can joke or write something irrelevant if I want to...

But in forum rules you cant be rude.

Not respecting the OP's main post and writing something irrelevant and not on topic isn't rude?

Btw Pantheons is a nice book and ties in really well with the megaverse as a whole. Is Dark Conversions a good buy? I was always considering buying it.
Eashamahel
Hero

From what I remember about Dark Conversions, it was definately neat and worth owning, but it has been awhile since I have read it.

Pantheons ties in well to everything else, but not much else ties in to Pantheons. Still, it's a neat read just for the ideas behind the different groups. Dragons and Gods I actually enjoy reading a little more, probably because it has the Alien Intelligence section, as well as the Elementals, which have always been of great interest to me.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Morik wrote:Not respecting the OP's main post and writing something irrelevant and not on topic isn't rude?

Not if the intention was humour, no.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Eashamahel wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:

Psi-stalkers and mutants are still humans. So are the d-bee humans.

Eashamahel
Hero

Cool. So are the Madhaven Mutants.

Point stands. Besides the wide vareity of 'humans' available for play, there are also aliens and non-human d-bees.

Return to “Rifts®”