Richard Operations Inc.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Richard Operations Inc.

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Sometimes I come up with ideas for stuff that doesn't fit in with my other home-brew arms companies, simply because the stuff is too... well, not only munchy for me to use, but essentially unprecedented by canon material.
So I'm making a new home-brew arms company in order to deal with that kind of stuff.
Stuff that my twisted mind comes up with almost out of whole cloth.
Stuff that very few GMs in their right mind would actually use.
Stuff like this...

ROT-1 Tachyon Beam Rifle
Similar in function to a standard particle beam rifle, the ROT-1 Tachyon Beam Rifle fires a stream of particles that essentially disintegrates the target. The key difference is that the particles generated by the ROT-1 are tachyons, which move backward through time, allowing the shooter to kill the target before the weapon is even fired!
The adjustable chrono-sight can adjust the chronological range of the beam anywhere from 1 second to 1 hour into the past. The key to accuracy is that you have to aim at where the target was, not where the target is. This requires either a very specific knowledge of the target's location in both time and space, or a powerful intellect.
Shooters who have specific knowledge of the target's location (as in, "The target was standing in exactly this spot at this exact time") can make Aimed Shots at the target. These shots cannot be dodged by normal beings, but can be dodged normally by characters with 6th Sense, and can be attempted to dodge with no bonuses by characters with Clairvoyance.
If the precise space/time location of the target is not known exactly, the shooter can make a Wild shot (-6 to strike, no bonuses). Characters with an Intelligence attribute of 25 or higher, or who have the Temporal Physics skill, can still attempt Aimed shots.
If a shot misses the target, the beam will instead hit the location aimed at a different time (Roll 1d6. A roll of 1-4 equals the number of melee rounds off the attack is, a roll of 5-6 means that another d6 is rolled, using the same rules as before, only with +1 melee round added to the total. If the total number of melees reaches or exceeds the chronological range of the weapon, then stop rolling and use the range limit as the total.
Weight: 25 lbs
Mega-Damage: 1d4x10
Rate of Fire: Single Shot only.
Range: 1,000', 1 hour
Payload: 3 shots with a standard E-Clip, 6 shots with a Long E-Clip.
Cost: CR 20 million
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Richard Operations Inc.

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Sounds like BaleFire (WoT) to me...and very much complicated to keep track of if a GM.
Can already think of ways to use it so all the damage from multiple firings are done with in just a few sec of real time.

Just reading the name I would of thought it would displace the target in time, or space.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

The ROT-1 would be pretty deadly in conjunction with the Retro-Viewing spell.
Temporal Mages in general could use it to good effect.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

If they actually moved back in time, you could fire it where someone HAD been and kill them. :)
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Subjugator wrote:If they actually moved back in time, you could fire it where someone HAD been and kill them. :)

That's the point. :D

Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

*sigh* You guys... :thwak:
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Subjugator wrote:If they actually moved back in time, you could fire it where someone HAD been and kill them. :)

"Bob, in order to balance time and avoid a temporal paradox, I'm afraid you're going to be the victim of a retroactive friendly fire incident..."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

taalismn wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

"Bob, in order to balance time and avoid a temporal paradox, I'm afraid you're going to be the victim of a retroactive friendly fire incident..."

There was a sci-fi short story where a weapons developer had built and was showing off this powerful handgun he'd constructed to some friends of his using the drive engine of a crashed alien spacecraft (he kept the alien as a servant as it was completely docile), then one of his idiot friends grabs the gun as he and another often argued and shot him only for it to seem to do nothing. At which point the gun's creator screams at them in terror declaring how it was meant to kill off enemy civilizations as the shot traveled back in time and killed the ancestor that spawned the race wiping it out. One quick time re-write and the alien's waking up on this nice pristine planet, no idea how it go there, but quickly sets to work budding off new members in order to populate it with its own people.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
taalismn
Priest

Nightmask wrote:[

There was a sci-fi short story where a weapons developer had built and was showing off this powerful handgun he'd constructed to some friends of his using the drive engine of a crashed alien spacecraft (he kept the alien as a servant as it was completely docile), then one of his idiot friends grabs the gun as he and another often argued and shot him only for it to seem to do nothing. At which point the gun's creator screams at them in terror declaring how it was meant to kill off enemy civilizations as the shot traveled back in time and killed the ancestor that spawned the race wiping it out. One quick time re-write and the alien's waking up on this nice pristine planet, no idea how it go there, but quickly sets to work budding off new members in order to populate it with its own people.

I see an endless sequence of evolved lemurs, dinosaurs, cows, insects, slugs, starfish, and whatnot creating a similar weapon and shooting themselves out of existence with it....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

taalismn wrote:

I see an endless sequence of evolved lemurs, dinosaurs, cows, insects, slugs, starfish, and whatnot creating a similar weapon and shooting themselves out of existence with it....

Given the nature of such a weapon there could be any number of 'existed but not' civilizations like that, with perhaps the only evidence like what happened with the alien since it didn't wipe out the alien too (who would have remained in the crashed ship in space and died without human intervention). A more intelligent (you have to wonder how the aliens in the story had warp/hyperspace/space-fold technology while being so utterly lacking in concern for how it got somewhere) race might notice something odd like its species being on a planet but no evidence for how it could have gotten there because it clearly didn't evolve there.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
taalismn
Priest

Given the nature of such a weapon there could be any number of 'existed but not' civilizations like that, with perhaps the only evidence like what happened with the alien since it didn't wipe out the alien too (who would have remained in the crashed ship in space and died without human intervention). A more intelligent (you have to wonder how the aliens in the story had warp/hyperspace/space-fold technology while being so utterly lacking in concern for how it got somewhere) race might notice something odd like its species being on a planet but no evidence for how it could have gotten there because it clearly didn't evolve there.

"Okay..who's been ####ing with temporal physics?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Nice. I like these little companies. I hope that this company will add to it's overall equipment.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

As usual KC well done. I'll be adding this to the archive I am doing of your and others stuff :ok:
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Killer Cyborg
Priest

ROMT-1 Matter Transportation Rifle
This weapon uses the same kind of matter transportation technology that appears in a variety of high-tech societies in a number of dimensions, typically for used to transport people and goods from place to place. In this case, the technology has been weaponized.
Weight: 20 lbs
Damage: A random hit location (Arm, leg, head, torso, etc.) is teleported 1d4x10 yards in a random direction.
(This weapon is blocked by force fields)
Range: 500'
Payload: 10 shots with a standard E-Clip, 15 shots with a Long E-Clip.
Cost: CR 15 million

Killer Cyborg
Priest

ROTH-G1 Thermo-Nuclear Grenade
This is a simple hand-held grenade that, upon detonation, creates a 200 kiloton nuclear explosion
Weight: 8 lbs
Mega-Damage: 3d4x100 within 1,000' of ground zero. 1d4x100 MD to everything in a 3 mile radius.
Cost: CR 25 million

taalismn
Priest

Killer Cyborg wrote:ROTH-G1 Thermo-Nuclear Grenade
This is a simple hand-held grenade that, upon detonation, creates a 200 kiloton nuclear explosion
Mega-Damage: 3d4x100 within 1,000' of ground zero. 1d4x100 MD to everything in a 3 mile radius.

For use by people who either have a natural teleport ability or failed their last psych exam....
Available only in bright, day-glo colors and packaged in bright, cheery, plastic with the happy 'Mister Excited Atom' mascot* prominently displayed.
*"Have a Really BRIGHT Day!!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Killer Cyborg wrote:ROMT-1 Matter Transportation Rifle
This weapon uses the same kind of matter transportation technology that appears in a variety of high-tech societies in a number of dimensions, typically for used to transport people and goods from place to place. In this case, the technology has been weaponized.
Damage: A random hit location (Arm, leg, head, torso, etc.) is teleported 1d4x10 yards in a random direction.

You ever hear of a British comic called 'Strontium Dogs'? One of the gizmos in it is a temporal-teleportation grenade that displaces somebody several seconds in time before popping them back in their original position...however, in the elapsed time, the Earth, speeding right along its orbital path and rotating(plus solar drift) has moved out from under them...the victim winds up thousands of miles away in space.... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Killer Cyborg
Priest

taalismn wrote:

You ever hear of a British comic called 'Strontium Dogs'? One of the gizmos in it is a temporal-teleportation grenade that displaces somebody several seconds in time before popping them back in their original position...however, in the elapsed time, the Earth, speeding right along its orbital path and rotating(plus solar drift) has moved out from under them...the victim winds up thousands of miles away in space.... :twisted:

Never heard of that, but I like it!
:ok:

Killer Cyborg
Priest

taalismn wrote:

For use by people who either have a natural teleport ability or failed their last psych exam....

Either way, it's a Flooper's favorite friend.

taalismn
Priest

Killer Cyborg wrote:[

Either way, it's a Flooper's favorite friend.

Good god...you've just raised the spector of Flooper nuclear terrorism.... :shock: :frazz: :nuke: :erm:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

I think I'd mount these in disguised robot animals and send them into certain cities I don't like.

Edit: or perhaps I'llbe nice and just target the demon nests... honestly it depends on the day.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
taalismn
Priest

Slight001 wrote:

I think I'd mount these in disguised robot animals and send them into certain cities I don't like.

Edit: or perhaps I'llbe nice and just target the demon nests... honestly it depends on the day.

Flip a coin or shake the Magic 8-Ball? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

taalismn wrote:
Slight001 wrote:

Flip a coin or shake the Magic 8-Ball? :D

The Magic 8-Ball is even more evil then I am... I suspect it's actually a rune construct... or worse. The last time I asked it if I should destroy a city or a demon nest it answered yes... Don't even get me started on that coin of mine... are they supposed to land on their edge?
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

I think the target should get a save for this weapon.....
Maybe save vs. Lethal posion or vs. Time distortion or some other made up save.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

That first one reminds me of a certain weapon that showed up or was very similiar to one that appeared on a show from across the pond. Very nice. The second weapon reminds me of the PA carried weapon. I love Y-racks.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

taalismn wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Ouch!
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Slight001 wrote:

Or, you could put them in people :twisted:
-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
taalismn
Priest

slade the sniper wrote:
Slight001 wrote:

Or, you could put them in people :twisted:
-STS

I also remember a device by a whacked-out friend of mine, the 'Friendly Force ThermoNuclear Hand Grenade'....when set off, it selectively wipes out in its area of effect anything that isn't friendly to you....for the person who REALLY wants to know who their true friends are. :D :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”