Give me your Lone Star HLS and Ideas

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

nilgravity
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Give me your Lone Star HLS and Ideas

Unread post by nilgravity »

I've been working on some fan created material for Lonestar that you might find interesting http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=135130
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Re: Give me your Lone Star HLS and Ideas

Unread post by Lord Z »

Knowing the alignments of the PCs would be more useful to me than knowing the specific classes.

Anyway, the classic HL&S, The Boogie Man by Eric Thompson (Rifters Index & Adventures Volume 2) always works for a new group. Basically, a child goes missing, and the PCs are the closest people who can help.

Later, another good one by Eric is A Friendly Face (in the same book). Basically, the PCs are tracking a group of bandits and realize that the bandits' leader is an old friend who they have not seen in years. It's a great way to reuse old NPCs or PCs who vanished from the campaign.

To be honest, I don't like the HL&S formula. It lends itself to every NPC being a turncoat and every situation being a trap, slowly making the players more and more paranoid (except someone really is out to get them) to the point where they become unwilling to do almost anything.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913

Return to “G.M.s Forum”