Nightvision

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Nightvision

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I'm sure nightvision only works is there is a tiny bit of light (e.g. the moon).

Is this right?

I dont have the books with me so if you know pls could you share the page reference so I may look it up later? Ty kindly.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Nightvision

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There is no specific text that says how nightvision works.

However, it is implied/inferred that there needs to be some sort of light for it to work because there are races, like the elves, that has night vision that works in absolute darkness.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:There is no specific text that says how nightvision works.

However, it is implied/inferred that there needs to be some sort of light for it to work because there are races, like the elves, that has night vision that works in absolute darkness.

TYVM Drew, I knew I could count on you, much appreciated.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Looking through my books, it looks like it varies, there are a few races that say 'nightvision' but then add that it works in total darkness. There is also a couple that seem like they should see in total darkness from how they are described as living underground. While there are others, like animals, where we know it has to be low-light vision. Then there is tech-base nightvision which could be projecting light outside the visible spectrum and picking it up again.
For the most part though, I'd assume some light is needed, unless the individual descriptions say otherwise or logic indicates that it should be the total darkness version.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

I was the NB themselves that sparked the initial question.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

I'd say Nightbane can always see unless there is some kind of magic afoot... ie darness darker than no light.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Given their nature, Nightbane would be one I'd count in the 'sees in total darkness' category. Same for Nightlords and various supernatural denizens of the Nightlands.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.

Return to “Nightbane®”