Superhuman Strength?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stattick
Adventurer

Superhuman Strength?

Unread post by Stattick »

It's been far too long since I've written up a Palladium character, and I've gotten rusty. I'm writing up a HU2 character for a Rifts game. The HU2 character is considered to have "Superhuman" Strength when he has one of his powers activated. His PS is just 15, and doesn't go up when he activates his power. How does that translate into Rifts?
Faceless Dude
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: The Devil on your Shoulder

Re: Superhuman Strength?

Unread post by Faceless Dude »

Stattick wrote:It's been far too long since I've written up a Palladium character, and I've gotten rusty. I'm writing up a HU2 character for a Rifts game. The HU2 character is considered to have "Superhuman" Strength when he has one of his powers activated. His PS is just 15, and doesn't go up when he activates his power. How does that translate into Rifts?

Superhuman Strength equates to Robotic Strength in Rifts.
Robotic strength of 15 would still do no mega-damage.
1d6 on a restrained punch
2d6 on a regular punch
4d6 on a power punch. All numbers are SDC.
Not Misunderstood, Just Evil
Stattick
Adventurer

Thanks Dude.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

SKRAYPERS will help you out best.

Superhuman PS raises your PS to 30 Rifts Supernatural.
+1 PS for every 5 points above PS 30.

Your HU2 Super with a Superhuman PS 15 would in Rifts convert his PS to Supernatural PS 30.

Knowing is half the battle ;)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Meh, I just keep it at PS 15 and call it supernatural. Have seen supernaturals with less than 30.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

While Technogothic is technically correct on the rules, the entry in Skraypers does seem to assume that a character with Superhuman PS will have a minimum of 30 PS, and doesn't address the possibility of lower PS scores, so I would tend to agree with Crucible here.

As an aside, I tend to take the nature of the character into account with Superhuman PS. If they're still SDC/Hit Point Characters, I set them at "Augmented Strength", if they become MDC creatures, they have Supernatural Strength (with adjustments as listed in the Skrayper's powers conversion section if needed).
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
Stattick
Adventurer

Well, he'd be using Copy Physical Form, a major power from the HU2 basebook. It's sorta like a bunch of different APS powers rolled into one. He can become metal, stone, wood, etc. The AR is generally 1 less then the APS powers, and the SDC granted is just half, if I remember correctly. Unlike the beefier APS powers, it doesn't grant a bonus to PS when transformed, although his strength is now considered Superhuman.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Stattick wrote:It's been far too long since I've written up a Palladium character, and I've gotten rusty. I'm writing up a HU2 character for a Rifts game. The HU2 character is considered to have "Superhuman" Strength when he has one of his powers activated. His PS is just 15, and doesn't go up when he activates his power. How does that translate into Rifts?

In rifts SHPS is upgraded to SNPS.
So if the char has a SHPS of 15 then in rifts they will have a SNPS of 15.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Faceless Dude
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: The Devil on your Shoulder

Unread post by Faceless Dude »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

In rifts SHPS is upgraded to SNPS.
So if the char has a SHPS of 15 then in rifts they will have a SNPS of 15.

Not to stick my head in the Kitty's mouth, but the Revised Conversion book lists the Robot strength chart on pg 9 as also the Superhuman Strength Table. as well under the power description for superhuman strength on pg 45 it says it should do damage as per robotic strength.
Not Misunderstood, Just Evil
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Okay, that is something that they must of changed between the two RCB1s that had not caught my attention before.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Yeah in the Revised BC1

Extraordinary PS = Augemented Rifts PS
Superhuman PS = Robotic Rifts PS
Supernatural PS = Rifts Supernatural PS

SKRAYPERS says ...
Extraordinary PS = Rifts Supernatural 20 PS, +1 PS for every +5 PS above 20.
Superhuman PS = Rifts Supernatural 30 PS, +1 PS for every +5 PS above 30.
Supernatural PS = Rifts Supernatural PS.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Rifts®”