Dead Charactors.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Re: Dead Charactors.

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

i once had a character who was mauled by a bear. that was pretty grizzly.
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

Never had one die. Beauty of a gaming system like this. Just make sure you know the right people or that you in fact are the right people.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I had a 90'+ tall character that had another character in his mouth when he got shrunk down to normal size.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

Deaths in my game usually consist of "You've been shot, you're dead" so the worst death would just have to be the Headhunter getting blown in half by two Mechanoid wasps.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Tyranneix
Explorer

Unread post by Tyranneix »

Most creative death huh? hmmm..

well I had a character who went down in a blaze of gory glory saving the rest of the group.

" I got this, RUN!!!" were his last words.. the ensuing frags (yes plural) shredded him. The GM was pretty detailed on what the fragmentation explosives did to me for the rest of the surviving group. Needless to say, several characters has to shower me off their armor :shock:

Ya know I never quite understood how you can get XP for saving a group if your dead. Not like you can use them.. :-?
30+ year GM for the Palladium System; Robotech, RIFTS, Palladium Fantasy and other Palladium Books madness...
Nicknamed T-Bomb by Lord Z
501st Legion Member, Sandtrooper TD8732, Florida Garrison, Squad 7
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Had a CS Juicer get blown out of the sky by a volley of heavy frag missiles. Ouch and a half.
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

Priest already on the edge of acceptability for his faith, has a chance to talk to Ra and tried to make a point. Hit by Ra is a rather good way to go.

Had someone get cooked by ending up trapped in the thrusts of a Deathheads transport.
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

I lost a character in power armor to a angry adult horned dragon. Swatted her out of the sky and steped on her head.
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Full speed ram / head-butt from a Rhino-Buffalo, with a Nat 20. And the kicker was it happened on the first action, of the first round, of the first combat, of the first session, of a new campaign (see The Face of Evil in the original Sourcebook 1).
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

The worst death I had was a very short lived BK head hunter who in his first and only adventure was killed by a radius explosion caused by "friendly fire". Very lame. The person in question I think passive-aggressively did it "accidentally on purpose". He was a douche like that.
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I had a ninja juicer involved in a hover cycle chase. He jumped off the back of his bike and onto the front of his pursuer. Unfortunately, he failed the balance check and wasn't wearing any armor.

Daring Do + Bad Rolls = Bright Red Skid Mark
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Greetings!

I had a Fire Dragon Hatchling who wanted to stop a Death's Head Transportan so 'Ports into the Engine Room, grabs the ATOMIC REACTOR and CLAWS his way INSIDE!!! *BIG BOOM*

Also a had a Headhunter get married. I know it's not DEATH, but it ended his Adventuring days all the same.

Lastly, a Mage who got grabbed by a freaky Undead, and devoured as the rest of the party got hypnotized (Man of Arms) and paralyzed (Werewolf technophile). Total Party Kill. Just REALLY REALLY BAD ROLLS!
I think the highest we rolled on our D20's was a single 10, for the Werewolf's initiative. Everyone's Saving Throws were all low numbers-Mine was a Natural 3 !

Good Gaming, GaredBattlespike
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Johnathan
Adventurer

Unread post by Johnathan »

Getting married ends your adventures? Really...? Hasn't stopped any of the PCs in my groups from doing it...
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

frogboy wrote:A fragging ? That is messed up. and as for the juicer, that death almost sounds mundane. But the skid mark thing was cool.

Hey, I never claimed it to be a spectacular or noteworthy demise. Dead is dead after all...
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

My original juicer, Reese, got massively overconfident with is crazy-bonus auto-dodge. So one day while down in Mexico he got in to a showdown with three dogs form the K-9's street gang... no armor and armed only with a C-18 laser pistol. He (I) expected to dodge everything that came his way. The Dice Gods had a different opinion on the mater. He got shoot full of MD holes and what was left of his skin was turned into a cape that the dog took turns wearing around town for the remainder of the adventure.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

frogboy wrote:
Grell wrote:I had a ninja juicer involved in a hover cycle chase. He jumped off the back of his bike and onto the front of his pursuer. Unfortunately, he failed the balance check and wasn't wearing any armor.

Daring Do + Bad Rolls = Bright Red Skid Mark

I was goofing around.

I know! What made it REALLY mundane was that it happened an hour into the first adventure of the GM's sweet new Japan campaign. :P

Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

My television reporter turned super hero got eaten by a bunch of mutant hamsters!
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

The Nibbling! The Nibbling!

That's a terrible way to go.

Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I have had a couple of moments where I thought I would have a character die. As in a HU Game where the whole party lost their HF check, save for my character. Who then ran at 200+mph to kick the leader of the enemy team in the Jimmy...
I have had a character survive a total party kill, when the enemy gargoyle launched a missile and hit the party's lead vehicle with exposed missiles. Which caused a chain reaction in a tight confined space of a tunnel through a mountain. Due to the magical defenses, being at the back of the party and naturally being an MDC being, he survived only to become a Splurgorth slave again.
Riftdevil
D-Bee

Unread post by Riftdevil »

I had an 5th lvl Atlantean Battle Mage die from a bad intelligence skill check! He brought a small party into a maze of tunnels expecting to find a powerful secondary vampire who was sending wild vampires into local villages. Two hours into the tunnels and over 30 dead wilds later we, (including a 5th lvl Cyber-Knight, 6th level Mind Melter, 4th lvl Juicer and a 4th lvl Borg) after starting to run low on ammo (but enough to deal with a secondary and several more wilds) ran into a cavern with a master, half a dozen secondaries, more wilds and a Vamp Intel. :( I think the GM figured we would run and have a running battle with Vamps on the way out, but the idiot Cyber-Knight charged in screaming something about justice!! At the end of it, I killed the mind controlled Juicer, while the Borg went down fighting the Master and the last secondary. I tried to make a break for it, but after my Invulnerabilty tattoo ran out I was cut down in the tunnels and then fed to wild Vampires. Our heads were sent back to the village we were trying to help!! Memorable end to a fun campaign, the GM was shaking his head the whole fight!! lol Freakin Paladin wannabe Cyber-Knight! To the CK's credit he did have a pretty low Intel attribute!!
Rift Devil
Riftdevil
D-Bee

Unread post by Riftdevil »

One character (Human LLW) got his head blown off by a sniper when I took my helm off to sleep for the night. The sniper was over a mile away! All the GM said was you should have picked a better camp site and you should have checked your Bike for bugs!! :badbad: There was a half a million credit bounty on my head at the time for pissing off the CS.

Last but not least, we were running an evil campaign in the three galaxies. I was a mutant human (invul, immortal +) and a Cosmo Knight blasted a hole in a cavern wall, which buried me in Lava, which in turn encased me in rock!!!! :x
Rift Devil
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Most gruesome death....lets see. As a GM I had a Brodkil knock a PC off of his horse then started to hack at him while he was down on the ground. The PC was finally cut in half at the waist. Still alive he was picked up and after his guts had spilled out on to the ground thrown at another PC who needed up getting knocked off of his horse.

Mack wrote:Full speed ram / head-butt from a Rhino-Buffalo, with a Nat 20. And the kicker was it happened on the first action, of the first round, of the first combat, of the first session, of a new campaign (see The Face of Evil in the original Sourcebook 1).

I killed a PC with the first strike roll of my CE game. Of course as a GM I usually roll a few want 20s during the course of every melee.

Tyranneix wrote:Ya know I never quite understood how you can get XP for saving a group if your dead. Not like you can use them.. :-?

I've always rolled a player’s dead character's EXP to their next character. I’ve also given some extra’s to those who sacrificed themselves for the greater good (cool weapon, extra level, etc etc).
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

Dead Boy wrote:My original juicer, Reese, got massively overconfident with is crazy-bonus auto-dodge. So one day while down in Mexico he got in to a showdown with three dogs form the K-9's street gang... no armor and armed only with a C-18 laser pistol. He (I) expected to dodge everything that came his way. The Dice Gods had a different opinion on the mater. He got shoot full of MD holes and what was left of his skin was turned into a cape that the dog took turns wearing around town for the remainder of the adventure.

Thats a great story.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Not wearing any armor, in the New West. The character i was playing (Sheriff) steps out of his house to see a rogue Mining Borg hit him with his drill for arresting his kid brother. The Sheriff got screwed/drilled bit off more than he could chew ... litterly i guess.

What sucked was i liked that character alot. I rolled up a PP of 30 for him. A 30 !! Everything else as 12 or so.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

My best story was 1st Lieutenant Damascus O'Keefe. United States Marine. Medal of Honor Recipient and hero of World War 3 (you know, the ones where the Cubans, Russians and Chinese invade the US?).
Well afterwards, he got out of the military to take a job in a private security firm (read mercenary). In the process he made many enemies. When traveling with an armored motorcade in Chicago, they were ambushed on a small street. He opened up the concealed turret in his up-armored suburban to return fire. I don't remember his last words, but it was one of those motivational epic quotes that would stick around for generations (Like Dan Daly's "C'mon you sons of *****, you want to live forever"). He was hit by an RPG-7 fired from a rooftop and killed. He died in a blaze of glory spewing automatic weapons fire and profanity to the end.
The sad part was me and the other guy I was gaming with agreed to kill off our characters and start new ones to better match the direction we wanted the campaign to go...but after I died, the other guy backed out and his character ended up living for another 2 or 3 years of real time...but such things can be expected from him, as he's the same guy that was going to join the Marine Corps with me after high school and backed out at the last minute.
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

After a long epic battle against a superior Coalition force, the other party members had all been killed or captured. My Juicer was the last one of our group left. After killing the last grunt with his JA-11, he faced the horrible realization that he was out of ammo. The battle had occurred in a canyon. As a result of the exchanges of gunfire, a rock slide had blocked one end of the canyon. The only way out was ahead and my poor Jucier faced a Mark V headed toward him at full speed. Seeing no other alternative, the Juicer, armed with only a vibro-knife, charged at the Mark V. It didn't end so well for the Juicer. He leaped toward the APC as it got closer. A shot from the guns hit his legs in mid-air leaving only his upper body to land on the Mark V. My character's bloody entrails did manage to obscure the view from the window, before being crushed by the wheels of the Mark V.
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

Well U I just get shot. nothing interesting
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
jarlaxle
Explorer
Comment: Any questions, comments, concerns, feel free to write them on a $20 bil and send them to me.

Unread post by jarlaxle »

So with in an utra power group im a cs rpa from lone star assigned a cs deathwing. The player characters lead a mercenary group unlike anyother. All officers were retired player characters. so TW, operators, psy techs were my main contributions. All with some bionic limb as a result "your captured they torture you oh and they cut off a limb so have fun with you psionics now. Well i am to befriend and infiltraite this group as a renegade which i am but im leading the cs on for equipment.(I have been feeding them info slightly out of date.) first instances they arrive to capture some Support crew which are actually slaves we 'freed' and told to drive these vehicles here. coalition just misses us. All plans for this we made in a dimesntional pocket. bugs wont transmit through dimensions. Also i was mind wiped of the occurance and later watched the meeting videos. So i need to fake a hiest of some apcs to get in with the leaders. All is going to plan when the cs remotely steals control of my death wing and flys me into a canyon wall i break away from the main unit and am not killed by the self destruct. be cause somehow they knew what we were upto. i succume to my wounds and die an agonizing death saving vs coma death. a few times. As i am rolling the next character the GM changes we all took turns. I am slipped a note by the new GM 'merc company soldiers get you back in time fro ressurection' i reply with a note. ' i have the communications commander call the group in to see something.' As they are watching a video i use a vibro sword to swipe under chair and take the legs off the first GMs technowizard. dropping the sword i quickly take his arms with to v knives. put him on a gurney and ran him to the bionics lab and submitted him to full borg conversion. The whole next adventure was the cs torturing me. But

I won in the confusion he for got to self destruct the rest of the stolen hardware. and for a change i ruined his pc.
I support Hades in the minion war
They say life is short, but it is the longest thing you will do
Characters:
Rachel Riftrider
Story Logs:
Time Marshalls: Agent Riftrider
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Was playing a PW rifting all over the place game and my zapper got splatted agienst a armored wall by one of the other player' char.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Legend of the overfiend done to one of my glitterboy pilots.
*shudder*
The GM had a personal grudge against me so...
He coulda' at least just hacked my PC in two with a dull meat-cleaver :roll: :nh:
Regardless, never played in THAT game group again.
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

DhAkael wrote:Legend of the overfiend done to one of my glitterboy pilots.
*shudder*
He coulda' at least just hacked my PC in two with a dull meat-cleaver :roll: :nh:

A male character? that is wrong!
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
Grafsburg
D-Bee

Unread post by Grafsburg »

I've only had one character die, and he committed suicide by BigBore to the brain while surrounded by vampires. Of course, it was a BigBore pistol. So it pretty much insta-gibbed his head.
"I think any culture that relies on transit through large stretches of wilderness would grow to hate deer."
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Had a player try going toe to toe with a badguy. He was playing a Dogboy, woke up in the middle of the night. Decided not to get his armor on, and go find the disturbance. Even if the guy was not wearing armor, he was carrying a vibro-knife.

The dogboy had no chance.
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Saitou Hajime wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Legend of the overfiend done to one of my glitterboy pilots.
*shudder*
A male character? that is wrong!
So it's less wrong if the character is female? :?
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

Uh... I had a group of 3 night bane tackle a vampire and try to shove a 40mm grenade from an m202, up the vamp's behind. Supernatural strenght vs supernatural-impervous skin? Ya, epic fail. All dead... well, except on pissed vamp.

Had another nightbane go toe-to-toe with a Raithenor. Needless to say with 3 natural 20's in a row... the Bane didn't have a good night.
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
BIBBI
Wanderer
Comment: "are you familiar with the chain of command? its the one I go and beat you with until you listen to me"
- Jayne

Unread post by BIBBI »

I got two

the first is from my first rifts game ever, I was playing a Tauton necromancer, we had a pheonixi who summoned a fire elemental inside a downed triax mosquito, I thought I was at a safe distance, as a tribute the pheonixi, who was a stone master, molded the character's face into a golem. I also broke one of the other player's favorite weapon

my other was from a game I heard about but diddn't play in, the PC's were being chased through a facility, they escaped through an elevator shaft, as the last guy came up, he was kicked off (he was being a jerk throughout the adventure) to distract the beast, then an antimonster threw a limpet mine down for 1D4*100 md, and then used a magic Item to cast river of lava down the shaft, the chari died, the monster diddn't
King Newt
Wanderer

Unread post by King Newt »

I haven't had one die, but as the GM I did get a player to shoot another player. Nat 20 and hit him in an area that was already heavily damaged. Pissed them both off. That's what radios are for to let you know where each other are. Hell whats another dead CS Soldier!! The emperor didn't even lose a minute of sleep over that one.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

I've never had a regular character really die in a Palladium game. My first Rifts character, ever, a former CS pilot turned Rogue Scholar, Oswald "died" when I got tired of playing him, and the GM and I worked out how to have him absorbed into the group's ship. He became the NPC Artificial Intelligence who piloted the ship and a few other odd things.

On the other hand, in con games, my characters have been killed 4 times by Jason Richards in two games. Three by strange alien D-Bee mercenaries, and one by a Dragon Earth Warlock. The dragon carried my broken body off into the sunset at the end of the second adventure. I may or may not have become food.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

I had a Wired Gunslinger who unloaded on a Dominator, and having hurt it significantly it turned and stepped on me, crushing me to death.

The actual scenario (the GM was trying out a "you use all your attacks on your turn" thing) :
Me: damn, I have the lowest initiative this turn; guess I go last.
*actions happen*
Me: okay, my turn; I unload on the bastard! that's 16 shots of hot death coming its way.

*next round*
Me: awesome! highest initiative! I quick-draw my other two guns and send 16 more shots its way!
GM: It is very pissed at you, and turns to stomp on you.
Me: Simultaneous attack! (2 more shots).
GM: Wha..? Oh....kay.... well, it's still alive, and you take *rolls* 100MD.
Me: damn, that's 10 more MD than I have...
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Dog_O_War wrote:I had a Wired Gunslinger who unloaded on a Dominator, and having hurt it significantly it turned and stepped on me, crushing me to death.

The actual scenario (the GM was trying out a "you use all your attacks on your turn" thing) :
*actions happen*
Me: okay, my turn; I unload on the bastard! that's 16 shots of hot death coming its way.

*next round*
Me: awesome! highest initiative! I quick-draw my other two guns and send 16 more shots its way!

According to the new rules, the Superman Underoo's would have protected you. All your armor is gone, but you still would be alive! That is if you were wearing armor!
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

Tiree wrote:According to the new rules, the Superman Underoo's would have protected you. All your armor is gone, but you still would be alive! That is if you were wearing armor!

We were already using a modified version of the rules; that rule for us has been dead for a decade.

I knew what I was getting into ;)
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
dakota
Wanderer

Unread post by dakota »

Had a character spook a rabbit out of the bushes by failing a prowl check on a trail and the rabbit tripped a claymore.
PC survived, but the bunny....
I'm not sick, I'm twisted. Sick sounds like there is a cure....

Administrator of The Playground
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Tiree wrote:
Dog_O_War wrote:I had a Wired Gunslinger who unloaded on a Dominator, and having hurt it significantly it turned and stepped on me, crushing me to death.

*actions happen*

*next round*

According to the new rules, the Superman Underoo's would have protected you. All your armor is gone, but you still would be alive! That is if you were wearing armor!

The GI JOE/Superman Underoo's rule is for GM's who are afrid to kill off player characters. Besides a game is pretty boring without the threat of character death. In fact this aspect is one of the things my players really like.

Ok so back on topic.... has any one here had a character killed by friendly fire? Or has a GM killed character due to friendly fire? I have had PC's damage each other due to nat one's where they were firing at an enemy close to another PC, but no deaths...yet.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

I have killed fellow characters with friendly fire... but that was in a PBFRPG game...
I was playing a fire warlock who loved to strut his stuff, but Fire elemental spells are all area effect, not indifidually targeted, and my moron comrades always rushed to melee before I could soften the foe up for them, so I cast and hosed everybody anyway, hoping that they would get the gentle reminder that it was better to play team. There were several occasions where this caused fatalities, (needing a resurrection to correct) before the players gave me the choice to change character or leave the group.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

Svartalf wrote:I have killed fellow characters with friendly fire... but that was in a PBFRPG game...
I was playing a fire warlock who loved to strut his stuff, but Fire elemental spells are all area effect, not indifidually targeted, and my moron comrades always rushed to melee before I could soften the foe up for them, so I cast and hosed everybody anyway, hoping that they would get the gentle reminder that it was better to play team. There were several occasions where this caused fatalities, (needing a resurrection to correct) before the players gave me the choice to change character or leave the group.

Sounds like your player group was full of RL idiots, telling you to change your character or leave.

As an aside, as a player and GM I think resurrection is kinda lame. How cool would Star Wars have been if Obi-Wan had been resurrected and returned in Empire Strikes back as something other then a ghost?
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

It seems that party member who damaged them more than the monsters was spoiling some fun.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

I have shot another player several times in Star Wars due to the fact he was a Jedi and ran head long into a gun battle. He would use the feat to surge past and cover ground faster than anyone else. So he would end up being shot - in the back - by me.

jedi078 wrote:The GI JOE/Superman Underoo's rule is for GM's who are afrid to kill off player characters. Besides a game is pretty boring without the threat of character death. In fact this aspect is one of the things my players really like.

That threat is still there, it just protects the character from instant 1 hit deaths. If they get hit and it's that bad - it usually tells the player to run and fight at a later date. But I agree it protects the stupid.

Return to “Rifts®”