Will we ever get a Lazlo rift book?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: Will we ever get a Lazlo rift book?

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Who knows maybe but there are so many books that are set up but right now i see a story arc in phase world witch they may run for a while, also with the vampire hipe the vampires are getting revisted. There are a lots of book ideas for rifts that they have, but only so much staff to go around. I whould rather they get a job done right that just to crank out books real fast and creat way more flaws than they do now and have to change of eddition like some other rpgs out there. Rifts un like some games has never done a compleate change of eddtion just a change oft he core book. So all of the around 70 books are still usable. Compair that to games that have changed edtions once or twice in the last 7 years. Makes it a more stable game and will keep getting new products as long as keven Siembieda lives. (hope i spelled his name right.)
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

Meanwhile here you can find several blog entries with a compendium of information about Lazlo appeared in world books (click on the upper-right corner for an automatic Google translation). Should you just want book references, scroll down each entry and check the sources out.

Hope this helps.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Unless the Minion War series culminates in Lazlo, then don't expect anything any time soon.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Anthar wrote:Unless the Minion War series culminates in Lazlo, then don't expect anything any time soon.

well, it *would* fit their current standard.

you know, the "we're finally going to give you the kind of detail on the city that you wanted... and then, we're going to have it razed to the ground" standard.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

As cool as a Chi-Town book could be its would have a limited use as you need to be a citizen to enter and with so many psychics around its very hard for a master psychic, mage or supernatural being to sneak around without detection. Still love to have the book but Lazlo is an open community to everyone accept the foulest of beings I hope. While you can have short adventures in Chi-Town & Atlantis, Lazlo can be the centre hot spot for North America campaign without limits. With the Tolkeen refugees flooding in mage maybe more common and the city streets may become crime stricken, always a good reason to get some adventure groups in to keep the peace and unlike Splynn's market human are not worry their going to get snatched up and eaten at a moment notice or thrown into the arena. I'd also like to see Tolkeen's Rings of Elders reappear in Lazlo, they were wasted in Tolkeen, instead of having powerful high level shifters, Magus or Warlocks using them to do something spectacular, instead they wasted them on a Gun Fighter and the Circle did not even make note of having the Rings in the last book of the series. Why didn't King Creed have one since he had full access to the Book of Ten? With the RUE change in Ley Lines affects on magic theses awesome rings are not so over power now. With the people coming from Tolkeen its a good way to tie Lazlo to the war series and employ their cool magical vehicles like the Vulcan Saucer Tank.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I really hope your wrong Rogue_Scientist. First because I'm getting tired of the big world spamming events such as SOT and MW. Second there has to be one place that some sort of stabilty on Rifts Earth. It's impossible that every location has some sort of conflict imo. Myself I'm worried more if the forces of Lazlo suffer from the rotten apple syndrome that Kevin likes to use on the good guys. About 90% of an organzation is made of good aligned characters yet somehow the other 10% either wants to destroy undermine or remove the good guys competely. Never really seems to happen to the bad guys imo.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

The lazlo book has an established 'conflict'. They took in more refugees then they can handle and are now dealing with the after math of that.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Prince Artemis wrote:The lazlo book has an established 'conflict'. They took in more refugees then they can handle and are now dealing with the after math of that.

Indeed, population is growing very fast. Also, don't forget the "the war against xiticix" Lazlo is planning.

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Laux the Ogre wrote:
Prince Artemis wrote:The lazlo book has an established 'conflict'. They took in more refugees then they can handle and are now dealing with the after math of that.

My only problem with that is....
WHY CAN'T THEY HANDLE THE NUMBER OF REFUGEES?
Housing shouldn't be a problem(Gotta be at least a few Stone Mages in Lazlo to build small stone huts, and Relic is pretty empty....). Food shouldn't be a problem(Sustain and various summoning-spells). Water shouldn't be a problem(Water Warlocks). Electricity shouldn't be a problem(isn't Lazlo the capital of TW?) Jobs MIGHT be a problem, until you consider gem mining and manufacturing(which would be necessary to maintain Lazlo's TW-Capital-Status). Where's the "conflict"?

According to the canon there are crime increasing tax (269%), unemployment (37%) and refugee adaptation problems (cultural shock, depressions, anxiety) and Tolkeenite revenge actions for not helping in the siege on Tolkeen: which has provoked among Lazlonites feelings of frustration, fear and bitterness.

Hannibal
Explorer

Unread post by Hannibal »

At the very first open house, I believe it was Carl Gleba who said in one of the little Q&A sessions that he hoped to tackle a Lazlo book (might have been 2?) once the Minion Wars were done. Of course, I don't think anyone anticipated the Minion War series to be taking so long. Given it's been four years, I am curious if Lazlo is still on his radar....
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Lazlo wouldn't need any more conflict with the flood of Tolkeen refugees, hatred from the Cite of Bass, Chi-Town, Free Quebec and Xit-bugs hives are just outside their front door. Instead of the usuals treats the other nations have had in other world books I'd like to see Lazlo suffer by the fall in quality of life, with so many angry mages showing up with lots wizards duels are sure to breakout and with so many poor & destitute people crime is going to sky rocket! The citizens are going to be enraged with the new condition of their paradise leading to some new hate groups who are going to want to run the refugees off, theres lots of dragons there and it doing take allot to upset them. What happens if when Free Quebec outposts gets raided by mages & their minions and the trail leads back to Lazlo? The CS wouldn't be against hiring some mages to do such a thing.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Idea for a new Book Series. (Free to use PB go ahead).

RIFTS : Megacities Book #? : ???????

Pick a Megacity. Write, and map out the Major stuff to help the GMs out somewhat.
Key City that need these books are :
#1 Lazlo
#2 Chi-Town
#3 Free Quebec City
#4 Berlin
#5 Kiev (Russia, Warlord Romanov's city)
#6 a South America Mega city.
#7 a Australia mega city.
#8 Egyptian City in Africa.
#9 Japan Megacity.
#10 Geofront (china)

WOW that 10+ possible Megacity books people would be willing to buy.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

TechnoGothic wrote:Idea for a new Book Series. (Free to use PB go ahead).

RIFTS : Megacities Book #? : ???????

Pick a Megacity. Write, and map out the Major stuff to help the GMs out somewhat.
Key City that need these books are :
#1 Lazlo
#2 Chi-Town
#3 Free Quebec City
#4 Berlin
#5 Kiev (Russia, Warlord Romanov's city)
#6 a South America Mega city.
#7 a Australia mega city.
#8 Egyptian City in Africa.
#9 Japan Megacity.
#10 Geofront (china)

WOW that 10+ possible Megacity books people would be willing to buy.

I'd buy the all as long as each came with lots of equipment & well rounded NPCs and add another Atlantis book to the list as well as City of Bass. Australia was a good book but I think some of the ideas were hit & miss with some fans charting out the main cities could spruce it up
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

One Mega-City Book per Nation at First is best.
Then afterwords. Start doing more based on the nations which sold well.

CS = Chi-town
FoM = Dweomner (sp?)
Warlords = Romanov's captil city...kiev.

North America has a Number of Nation to do, which is where I would start off at. After doing One Mega-city per North American nation then move to the rest of the world's Mega-cities. After each nation is done, move on to more Mega-cities in any nation already covered which seems people are interested in most.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Rifts®”