USAF F-22 Raptor

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

USAF F-22 Raptor

Unread post by jaymz »

Ok forgive the formatting boards aren;t friendly to things like that as far as I can tell :)

The Lockheed Martin/Boeing F-22 Raptor is a fifth-generation fighter aircraft that uses stealth technology. It was designed primarily as an air superiority fighter, but has additional capabilities that include ground attack, electronic warfare, and signals intelligence roles. Lockheed Martin Aeronautics is the prime contractor and is responsible for the majority of the airframe, weapon systems and final assembly of the F-22. Program partner Boeing Integrated Defense Systems provides the wings, aft fuselage, avionics integration, and all of the pilot and maintenance training systems.

Model Type - F-22 Raptor (2009)
Class - Advanced Tactical Fighter
Crew - 1

SDC By Location

Nose/Cockpit 250
Main Body/fuselage 550
Wings (2) 200
Tailplanes (2) 150
Engines (2) 300
Missile Bays (4) 150

AR - 11, stops all hand gun fire and rifles up to 5.56mm. Does not stop heavier rifles, A/P or explosive rounds or machine guns of higher calibre.

Speed

Flying - Mach 2.25 maximum at altitude, mach 1.82 supercruise
Range - Combat radius 759 km (471 mi), 2960 km (1840 mi) with 2 external tanks, 3219 km (2000 mi) ferry range
Altitude - 19 812 m (65 000 ft)

Statistics

Height - 5.08 m (16 ft 8 in)
Length - 18.90 m (62 ft 1 in)
Width - 13.56 m (44 ft 6 in) (Wingspan)
Weight - 19.7 metric tonnes empty (43 430 lbs), 29.3 metric tonnes loaded (64 460 lbs), 38 metic tonnes maximum (83 500 lbs)
Cargo - Minimal survival gear
Power System - two Pratt & Whitney F119-PW-100 engines
Cost - 142.6 million dollars U.S.

Weapons

Weapon Type - 20mm Vulcan cannon
Primary Purpose - Anti-fighter
Range - 1200 m (4000 ft)
Damage - 2d4x10 per round, use burst rules.
Rate Of Fire - equal to pilots attacks, only fires bursts
Payload - 480 rounds
Bonuses - NA

Weapon Type - Weapon Bay (2)
Primary Purpose - Anti-fighter
Range - 18 km (11 mi approx)
Damage - 1d4x100
Rate Of Fire - 1 at a time equal to pilots attacks
Payload - 1 AIM-9 Sidewinder per bay
Bonuses - na

Weapon Type - Weapon Bay (2)
Primary Purpose - Anti-fighter, Anti-ground
Range - 105 km (65 mi)
Damage - 2d4x100
Rate Of Fire - 1 at a time equal to pilots attacks
Payload - 3 AIM-120 AMRAAM per bay
Bonuses - +1 strike

Bonuses and penalites

+15% to piloting rolls due to fly by light system
-20% to opposing sensory equipment roll to detect the aircraft beyond visual range and negates any sensor bonuses to strike
+2 strike with ranged weapon systems

Systems of Note

Radar - Range of 240km
Radar Warnign Receiver - range of 450km
Targeting Computer
Combat Computer
Ejection Systems
Self Destruct
Stealthy

References Used

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-22 )

Now shoudl I post this only here or should it get posted in HU2, SF, N&SS as well?
Last edited by jaymz on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Re: USAF F-22 Raptor

Unread post by Anthar »

Really nice. :ok: I found that the SDC values were smack dab on and the damages for the missiles were perfect. Maybe a little flavour text on the Raptor itself would sweeten the deal like:
"The Lockheed Martin/Boeing F-22 Raptor is a fifth-generation fighter aircraft that uses stealth technology. It was designed primarily as an air superiority fighter, but has additional capabilities that include ground attack, electronic warfare, and signals intelligence[7] roles. Lockheed Martin Aeronautics is the prime contractor and is responsible for the majority of the airframe, weapon systems and final assembly of the F-22. Program partner Boeing Integrated Defense Systems provides the wings, aft fuselage, avionics integration, and all of the pilot and maintenance training systems." Wikipedia

And maybe a link to an image like this:
http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/military/f22raptor/f_22_raptor_1.jpg
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Anthar wrote:Really nice. :ok: I found that the SDC values were smack dab on and the damages for the missiles were perfect. Maybe a little flavour text on the Raptor itself would sweeten the deal like:
"The Lockheed Martin/Boeing F-22 Raptor is a fifth-generation fighter aircraft that uses stealth technology. It was designed primarily as an air superiority fighter, but has additional capabilities that include ground attack, electronic warfare, and signals intelligence[7] roles. Lockheed Martin Aeronautics is the prime contractor and is responsible for the majority of the airframe, weapon systems and final assembly of the F-22. Program partner Boeing Integrated Defense Systems provides the wings, aft fuselage, avionics integration, and all of the pilot and maintenance training systems." Wikipedia

And maybe a link to an image like this:
http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/military/f22raptor/f_22_raptor_1.jpg

Thanks muchly appreciated...I didn;t want to link an image JUST in case there was a copyright invovled somewhere :) but I am going to edit and add flavor text above.

Shall I add post more fighter then?

I do have a system of sorts of how much damage missile do based on the warhead....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I like what you've got there. Wiki is a great game reference for stuff like this.

EDIT: You could also use the Penetration Values from the Compendium of Contemporary Weapons to flesh out the conditional AR?
Last edited by Grell on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Grell wrote:I like what you've got there. Wiki is a great game reference for stuff like this.

Thanks, I got awhole slew of fighters done mostly US but a few Russian/Soviet as well.

\m/
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Awesome, I did post an edit to my last post for your viewing pleasure as well!
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Grell wrote:I like what you've got there. Wiki is a great game reference for stuff like this.

EDIT: You could also use the Penetration Values from the Compendium of Contemporary Weapons to flesh out the conditional AR?

Afctually I figured that would be more useful for when I do any tanks or APCs, PV against aircraft is sort of irrelevant other than saying AP and explosive rounds will hurt the plane...at least I think so....especially with specifying upto what caliber is stopped.

\m/
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Fair enough!

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”