The Book of Tel'Akc

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Maddog
D-Bee

The Book of Tel'Akc

Unread post by Maddog »

:? In PFRPG's 1st ed. of Aventures on the High Seas, there is a Rune Book called Tel'Akc that allows mages to create ( with the aid of the book only ) Runes that constantly cast the same spell. Is it feasable to cast "fly" or "levitate" on a slab of wood or rock, and then build a wagon/carrige on the slab? What would its height limitations be? Could it be pulled by horses or Dragonactyls ?
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

I know the book you talk of, and that sounds like a valid use of it to me. The main thing I would worry about is making sure stuff stayed on the levitated piece. Remember the spell restrictions as well...

For Fly, the item cannot be more than six feet on a side, and can have no metal or plastic in it (including nails to hold it together). This one couldn't be pulled by horses or dragondactyls because it is only controlled by the conscious thoughts of the mage. The mage could sit on the item and fly it around however, within the restrictions of the spell (altitude and speed)

For Levitation, you certainly could have it pulled around by horses or dragondactyls, but you have severe height and weight restrictions that might make it of limited use. A single person in full armor could be more than it could lift, depending on your size and level when making the rune.

There are a couple other spells of similar nature, but all have variations on the same restrictions. It's certainly feasible to do what you're describing, one must simply be cautious and remember the limits.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Uh, I don't have the book that the book comes from...but I do have the book or at least a copy of it in my game. Uh, it could work. Considering in the middle ages they mostly used wooden pegs.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Entiago
Adventurer

Re: The Book of Tel'Akc

Unread post by Entiago »

Maddog wrote::? In PFRPG's 1st ed. of Aventures on the High Seas, there is a Rune Book called Tel'Akc that allows mages to create ( with the aid of the book only ) Runes that constantly cast the same spell. Is it feasable to cast "fly" or "levitate" on a slab of wood or rock, and then build a wagon/carrige on the slab? What would its height limitations be? Could it be pulled by horses or Dragonactyls ?

What page please, I need a page number to help. GAWD PEOPLE PUT UP PAGE NUMBERS :( need page numbers
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Before you can get that book from the Elemental Isle (one of my favorite
adventures of all time). Your going to have fight the warlocks and their
Elemental servants first :eek: Considering how tough it was in 1st
edition, the room in which you fight the fire elemental
is going to be no fun at all at in 2nd edition. :?
Maddog
D-Bee

Unread post by Maddog »

Entiago wrote:
Maddog wrote::? In PFRPG's 1st ed. of Aventures on the High Seas, there is a Rune Book called Tel'Akc that allows mages to create ( with the aid of the book only ) Runes that constantly cast the same spell. Is it feasable to cast "fly" or "levitate" on a slab of wood or rock, and then build a wagon/carrige on the slab? What would its height limitations be? Could it be pulled by horses or Dragonactyls ?

What page please, I need a page number to help. GAWD PEOPLE PUT UP PAGE NUMBERS :( need page numbers

Sorry ! Protocol error ! The description of the Book Tel'akc is on pg. 188 of 1e Adventues on the High Seas
Entiago
Adventurer

Unread post by Entiago »

Ok, thank you for the page number (sorry about the spaz- but to help we need to see info on pages). To answer your question:

Maddog wrote:Is it feasable to cast "fly" or "levitate" on a slab of wood or rock, and then build a wagon/carrige on the slab?

Yes, as long as the guidelines for said spell are followed (as per in the description of said spell). for Fly-only on the slab for wagons and carrigaes are built with metal (nails).

Maddog wrote:Could it be pulled by horses or Dragonactyls ?

Well that would help relieve the weight a little bit. You could also (using this book) cast Weightlessness on said object and party (just tie them into the wagon so they don't float away) and have that be pulled by Dragonactyls or other flying beasts.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”