Character Gear

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Character Gear

Unread post by Jefffar »

Seeing as we haven't had a post in 3 days:

What type of gear besides primary weapons should a character carry?

I'm thinking we should divided it into three categories:

Combat Load: This is the stuff your character has on only when they expect to fight,a nd need maximum comat capability.

Light Load: This is the combat load, plus a few other useful things in an easily removed pack or harness system. In here is what your character needs for more than combat, but less than an extended adventure.

Full Load: This is the Combat Load, the Light Load and the Big Freakin' Back Pack of Millitary goodness. This is all your additional gear and supplies for long term objectives.

So, let's hear what you will put in each.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Related question:

How do you trick out your gat?

Or in plain english: What features and accessories do you like to add to your character's weapon?

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

So stepping into the Anti-Materiel Rifle Territory then.

How long does it take to set up and knock down that bad boy?

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

I think the character only has the one primary weapon, the sniper rifle.

That being said, I've seen some of the knock down rifles (in 20 mm calibre) that basicalyl turn into a back pack, allowing the shooter to carry a proper rifle in addition to his weapon.

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yeah, if it's done in addition. The fact that his back up piece is so heavy duty implies that an assault rifle isn't in his kit.

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yeah, but we are dealing with fiction.

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yeah, but who says a certain character isn't built like a powerlifter

MOrab46019
Wanderer

Equipment carried

Unread post by MOrab46019 »

Well ammo if there was a pigman and GL in the team they would carry rounds for their weapons. The other Sniper to Intell would also carry ammo for them. So if M-60 they have 100 round belt then each would carry 100 round belt. I think it's been awhile 24 greandes for a GL guy. He would have extra 40mm holders also go thoough the team. When the M-60 gunner finds a place to set up then all the extra ammo will be dropper off with him. The GL guy would also find a palce to setup and all the extra ammo would be with him also.

I been going over ammo for each member of a squad would carry in Nam. I have some books that cover ammo they carried. The fight at IA Drang had the 1st battalion of the 7th Cav had 300 rounds of M-16 ammo for each rifleman and each GL had 2 to 3 dozen HE grenades. MG crews were to transport 800 rounds of 7.62mm and everyone had 2 M-26 Frag.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”