TW armor for my werejaguar help/advice plz?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shadowdragon7
D-Bee

TW armor for my werejaguar help/advice plz?

Unread post by Shadowdragon7 »

Hi everyone! My gm is working on making a campaign and we are starting at level 3. Our gm is letting us use the robotech class change rules and he is letting me start out as a level 2 werejaguar /level 1 TW. What spells do I need for my starter TW armor to wear the armor in all the werejaguar shape shifted forms? should I go with armor of Ithan as well? And is there any other spells that I need on it?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: TW armor for my werejaguar help/advice plz?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

BWW AoI Armor medalion would be the defalte choice for a canon magic armor magic item.

If your char is making the TW magic armor magic item then you have to be using the spells the char has.
---------
If you want a magic armor from a culture that has both a highly developed magic-tech-psi infrastructures then here be a sample.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
magical armor: Rated fully N/B/C, 240 magical MDC, Consumes 42 PPE per 27 hour period when NBC function is active. MDC recharge costs 12 PPE per day and 40 per activation (till depleted/till turned off/2 hours) has a 2 activations payload.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Shadowdragon7
D-Bee

Unread post by Shadowdragon7 »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:BWW AoI Armor medalion would be the defalte choice for a canon magic armor magic item.

If your char is making the TW magic armor magic item then you have to be using the spells the char has.
---------
If you want a magic armor from a culture that has both a highly developed magic-tech-psi infrastructures then here be a sample.
magical armor: Rated fully N/B/C, 240 magical MDC, Consumes 42 PPE per 27 hour period when NBC function is active. MDC recharge costs 12 PPE per day and 40 per activation (till depleted/till turned off/2 hours) has a 2 activations payload.

I wanted the armor to change shape with my jaguar wearing it without problems
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Shadowdragon7 wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:BWW AoI Armor medalion would be the defalte choice for a canon magic armor magic item.

---------

Your probably going to have to rely on the GM to just handwave the issue away there. There is no canonical way to make a suit of armor that can shape shift like that. And frankly it would likely be a very, very expensive proposition to do so (the ability would be a fairly potent one, and having three forms that it can assume at will with no time limit rules out the normal TW effects anyway,,,,)
Your best bet is probably something like Drew mentioned. Make a TW device that casts Armor of Ithan. Presto you have a suit of armor. If you change shape depending on how your GM rules on things, either the AoI will change shape with you, or you can just recast the spell.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Shadowdragon7 wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:BWW AoI Armor medallion would be the default choice for a canon magic armor magic item.

---------

Both the BWW armor amulet and the the one I presented are magic items that put a protective field around the wearer/user. Thus whatever shape the were-person is in the armor field will fit the were-person.
The char that I has the one I presented (yep I made it up) the magic of it is bound into a toric, a couple bracers, and a pair of ankle-lets.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Shadowdragon7 wrote:Hi everyone! My gm is working on making a campaign and we are starting at level 3. Our gm is letting us use the robotech class change rules and he is letting me start out as a level 2 werejaguar /level 1 TW. What spells do I need for my starter TW armor to wear the armor in all the werejaguar shape shifted forms? should I go with armor of Ithan as well? And is there any other spells that I need on it?

The TW Atlas PA in Rifts Merc Ops (pg155-6) allows for the Giant Spell to be cast and work on both the wearer and suit (ordinarily the Giant spell would destroy clothing). That IMHO would allow shape-shifting armor (dimensions change) in general, though it does mention unique compositions being involved here.

If you want physical armor to shape shift I would say Telekinesis and Metamorphosis (I'm thinking Superior, though actual degree can be up to the GM) would be spells that would be necessary working together (additional spells may also be required depending on your GM). Basically this can work in a few ways:
-the TK spell moving parts of the armor around as dictated by the metamorphosis spell that would result in a new shape. This can include swamping parts, or adjusting them to be more comfortable
-adjusting straps to allow your body to change (TK might be all you need here), this also causes the plates to move position as the character's body assumes a new shape. Armor in this case is not complete, unless there is MDC fabric involved.
-you might just shed the armor quickly and completely and then it reattaches itself in new positions, this would require swap parts to be part of the armor, you wouldn't be adjusting shape/position. Sort of Centurians effect when they switch suit configurations.

There are things like memory metals in the real world (don't recall anything for Rifts, so no idea how durable they would be in an MDC setting), so a TW could use those to allow the material to assume new shapes. But those shapes can be programed in by technology, and activated by magic conditions (which wouldn't require TK or Metamorphosis)
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

A TW modded rhino buffalo leather jacket with Armor of ithan

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”