Future Dimension Books

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Future Dimension Books

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

So I'm just curious on what other folks want to see as far as Rifts dimension books.

1. Further development on existing DB settings. I.E. Wormwood, Phase World and others.

2. Development of known other dimensions such as Asgard, mount Olympus and similar.

3. Create brand new dimension never heard of with new O.C.C.'s, gear and everything.

I would like to see all three especially from another authors point of view.

Game wise I use many of Palladium's other lines as different dimensions. I've had players go to Heroes Unlimited, Robotech palladium fantasy, and Manhunter to name a few. Since I own al of Palladium's lines I have a wealth of "dimensions" at my disposal.
ImageImage
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: Future Dimension Books

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Uhhmm could we please have DB 9. Whatever it was supposed to be (UWW I think wasn't it?)
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

Wormwood just kinda stopped after release with a few mentions in rifters a wormwood world book would be cool.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*shrug* I dunno. I'd LIKE a bit more fleshing out for Phaseworld (See aforementioned DB9) but also I wouldn't mind seeing Breaux's un-published 'Attorian Empire' completed and published.
Or you know...Mechanoid Space which is what...nearly 16, 17 years delayed?
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

A Wormwood sequel to flesh out the gaps is what I'd like, but I'm not holding my breath.

Besides that, I'd like fresh new settings.

-flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

A UWW book would be nice.
A book that details more ships, such as the Promethean shape-shifting dreadnought would also be cool.
So would a Wormwood sourcebook.
A book that clarifies certain things about Cosmo-knights and Fallen would also be great, hopefully written by someone who doesn't hate the OCCs.
A few books about other dimensions and pocket dimensions would rock, but only after the main ones I'd think.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Wormwood book would be pretty cool, yeah. Though the UWW book I'm interested in as well.

In the end...I think Mechanoid Space gets teh vote though, just on principle.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
smashed
Wanderer

Unread post by smashed »

A UWW book to flesh out the Phase World Setting would be the first I think. After that I think the Three Galaxies could use a break, or at very most just have smaller books the flesh out various aspects like Cosmo Knights or a specific race.

A think Wormwood would be a great setting to expand. Though for it I would prefer if there was a Ultimate Edition re-write of it, it has more then its fair share of flaws and confusing rules. So I think rehashing the crunch of the book would be great, followed by a couple of sourcebooks.

I think a book of divine realms would better fit as just outlines, preferably coupled with a Rifts version of Dragons and Gods.

I would like you to flesh out the elemental hub dimension you mentioned in the Megaverasal Builder, however.

Beyond that, I don't really have a desire to see fully developed new dimensions, but a book that collects overviews of dimensions might be fun and useful.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I wouldn't mind a few smaller books in the Dean Reign vein on dimensions and stuff. What I don't want to see though is stuff that changes the established cosmology. But mini books on places like the various underworlds, demon dimensions, alternate time lines and the like would be pretty cool.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by PSI-Lence »

wormwood by far would be my choice
i like it as is though an updated version with more info would be nice, but even better maybe an update on what has happened and changed (i haven't read the CS wars yet but i imagine at least a few mages fled to wormwood)
i own but am less well versed in RUE, and my memory is ... lackluster at best keep that in mind if my posts contradict canon lol
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well I would like a UWW,s Book,maybe some phase world,s adventure sourcebooks focus on different things Like One is On Adventure CCW,s Explorer,s ships and so On.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I want new, alternate dimensions.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador

The original chaos earth idea

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Dragon Mage
Explorer

Unread post by Dragon Mage »

Hey I would like to see more on wormwood. We have had a lot for phase world. I like the setting but it world be better to get books about other areas.

Also a book on the gods realms would be cool as well. In the same way as hades and hell got there own books.

Later,

-dragonmage-
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

The first book that needs made is Starship construction rules that are detailed, even if somewhat dry like in the Galaxy Guide but hugely updated and expanded upon. And include some additional Three Galaxies information, maybe some gear and skills as well.

Then I would say some additional dimension books, for new dimensions we are not familiar with.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

MaxxSterling wrote:The first book that needs made is Starship construction rules that are detailed, even if somewhat dry like in the Galaxy Guide but hugely updated and expanded upon. And include some additional Three Galaxies information, maybe some gear and skills as well.

Then I would say some additional dimension books, for new dimensions we are not familiar with.

This is the big one, it can even be a rewrite and replacement of old ship stats as well as updated space combat. Something that could be used with an updated rifts space and mechanoids so that you can do crossover battles.

As for other books, small books detailing places we already know about (like scortched lands, ugakwan home world & plain of mist from the original Phase World book).
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

(+1) Dimension Book 9: UWW, please!
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

I would like to flesh out the Dimensions we are familiar with, Asgard, Olympus etc. I think these would be a great addition to Hades and Dyval. and useful for more than just rifts and PW.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

Chronicle wrote:The original chaos earth idea

what was that?
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Things I *DON'T* want to see: kewl new one of universes that exist just to bring some cute pet idea into the game. The elemental planes (no really, if all the elementals are totally inscrutable, and can ONLY talk to Warlocks....then the amount of changes needed to the canon would be immense. I LIKE the fact that they are right now mysterious places that people don't go adventuring, and home to races that are so totally alien that it takes a mystical union with them to even attempt basic communications.) Eylor (as soon as this is stated, everyone and their dogboy will have been there). The Afterlife (That is WAY to campaign specific to get any treatment in books....China is already far to specific for my tastes). Something just done half way (don't make a book like Phase Word, and then say 'just the one book')
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

While I agree with eliakon in his basics, I would like to see a new space setting setting developed. If this is just the Mechnoids Space we have been years promised or a totally new one, it would be good. I think the 3G setting is a bit played out. Except for maybe some adventure books/"modules".

While there is some possibility for expanding the WW setting there is not much there more then a couple books worth of expanding the 'city' info. Otherwise it will mean there will be a power creep situation.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by DevastationBob »

I'd like to see a book collecting all the "official" Rifter stuff. It could have a little bit of everything. :D
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

+1...count me in on that one!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I blog (mainly) about role-playing interests at The Semi-Retired Gamer.
Slight001
Hero

Semi-Retired Gamer wrote:

once again... what was the original chaos earth idea?
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Slight001 wrote:
Semi-Retired Gamer wrote:

once again... what was the original chaos earth idea?

Yeah I would like to know too?
ImageImage
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

As I recall, when it originally came up in the Rifter "Chaos Earth" was to be an alternate Rifts Earth where the coming of the Rifts occurred at 11:30 pm rather than midnight. While an apocalypse still resulted, it was much less devastating and Humanity wasn't brought to the brink of extinction. So you'd have the Golden Age of Man versus the Coming of the Rifts in a much more controlled, less hopeless situation.

Edit: It was presented in Rifter #7. The article gives a brief world overview set 50 years after the "Chaos Event" which occurred at 11:30 pm instead of midnight. Here's the blurb from the end of that article which sums it up:
Kevin wrote:The basic premise: A spin on Rifts that asks the questions, What if civilization had not collapsed? How would human society have fared against the resurfacing of magic and the encroachment of supernatural and alien beings? This leads to other interesting questions. How will the world powers of the Golden Age of Man respond to threats from supernatural and demonic invaders and alien forces? Would they marshal an army of Glitter Boys, SAMAS, Crazies, Juicers, and other high-powered creations of Cyberworks, Triax and others?

And then there's humankind itself. How will it respond? Will people fear or embrace aspects of magic and the supernatural? Who will be corrupted by power and magic? Which cities or nations will adopt magic or swear allegiance to inhuman masters? What places will stand strong while others succumb to the chaos of a frightening and changing world? Will there be global war?

This is a glimpse of what might have been. A parallel universe to Rifts Earth. A world of super-science that comes into direct conflict with the impossible! With magic and the supernatural.

Slight001
Hero

Ok, now that is an interesting idea that I'd enjoy playing within.
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador

Sorry didn't mean to be so vague. But I alway wanted to know what it would seem like if the perfect storm came a day late

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Well, in Original Flavor Chaos Earth, you would have had Congress debating whether or not to extend resident alien status to the Squibs and the Bluesies(d-bees species who are known to have fought alongside NEMA in canon Rifts/Chaos Earth). The Vanax kingdom would have lasted a lot shorter with the U.S. Armed Services organized and able to paste them. Maybe a Psionics and Supernaturals Registration Act effectively drafting mutants and mages into government/civil service, and leveling very stiff penalties(including 'shoot on sight' for those caught committing crimes using such abilities). NASA might get a new mission as a sub-agency of the Department of Homeland Security, building probes to send through Rifts to figure out early warning and how possibly to close them.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Witchcraft »

The dimensions outlined in The Dimension Builder Book are a great place to start! A book dedicated to any one of those dimensions (Garbage anyone? Pillars?) would be awesome.

I'd love to see a smaller sourcebook for Thundercloud Galaxy and the Final Space Frontier with places like UWW, Splugorth Home Dimension,

I love the dimensions that are "talked" about in Dragons and Gods but not fleshed out. For example, what the **** is Ma'ip? Does it have ties to the elemental dimensions of Fire, Air, Water, Earth, Wood, and Metal? Is it supposed to be like heaven only for PFRPG? There's angels and gods and pantheons that live there and ALL DOGS GO TO MA'IP?!?! Let's see what THAT's like...in a way that only Carl Gleba can describe!

How about a Dimension Book that is entirely unknown, foreign, alien, and unlike ANYTHING in the Megaverse -- one in which Potential Psychic Energy doesn't exist? Maybe it once existed but it doesn't anymore? Call it Elemental CHAOS?!?! Birthplace of the Old Ones? What about Dimension Books that are tied to ancient / elder races and creatures of magic -- Birthplace of Dragons, Birthplace of Prometheans, Birthplace of the First Race? Splugorth Home Dimension -- dunno but it sounds like a wild ride!
There is no spoon.
Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

It doesn't have to be Dimension Book 9, but I really would like to see some Three Galaxies techno-wizardry.
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Witchcraft wrote:How about a Dimension Book that is entirely unknown, foreign, alien, and unlike ANYTHING in the Megaverse -- one in which Potential Psychic Energy doesn't exist? Maybe it once existed but it doesn't anymore? Call it Elemental CHAOS?!?! Birthplace of the Old Ones? What about Dimension Books that are tied to ancient / elder races and creatures of magic -- Birthplace of Dragons, Birthplace of Prometheans, Birthplace of the First Race? Splugorth Home Dimension -- dunno but it sounds like a wild ride!

Or a universe where the use of ANY magic or psionic ability doesn't just fizzle, it causes a violent reaction(something in the universal structure lights off more violently than the Splicer Nanoplague in contact with metal and human DNA), like lighting a match in a gas works.
That having been said, there are pockets where magic exists, insulated from the effect. Thing is, the universe is one of the prisons of the Old Ones, and the anti-magic/psionic abreaction is one of the failsafes against the prisoners in those 'pockets' from escaping(since their inherent PPE/ISP will burn them alive once they come in contact with the effect pervading the universe).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Mechanoid Space my first choice... Or
Olympus or an alternate dimension book (something new).
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

I would like to see some dimension with REALLY superpowered psionics battling for the destiny of Earth & universe like in Akira, Mai the psychic girl, Katsuhiro Otomo's Armaggedon and a bunch of 70's & 80's anime. :P
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

DB9 UWW would be great. I have been waiting patiently for more and clearer information on magic in space and on how magical societies and worlds work. Information on magical training and disciplines would also be nice.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Witchcraft »

taalismn wrote:
Witchcraft wrote:How about a Dimension Book that is entirely unknown, foreign, alien, and unlike ANYTHING in the Megaverse -- one in which Potential Psychic Energy doesn't exist? Maybe it once existed but it doesn't anymore? Call it Elemental CHAOS?!?! Birthplace of the Old Ones? What about Dimension Books that are tied to ancient / elder races and creatures of magic -- Birthplace of Dragons, Birthplace of Prometheans, Birthplace of the First Race? Splugorth Home Dimension -- dunno but it sounds like a wild ride!

Or a universe where the use of ANY magic or psionic ability doesn't just fizzle, it causes a violent reaction(something in the universal structure lights off more violently than the Splicer Nanoplague in contact with metal and human DNA), like lighting a match in a gas works.
That having been said, there are pockets where magic exists, insulated from the effect. Thing is, the universe is one of the prisons of the Old Ones, and the anti-magic/psionic abreaction is one of the failsafes against the prisoners in those 'pockets' from escaping(since their inherent PPE/ISP will burn them alive once they come in contact with the effect pervading the universe).

Wow Taalismn! This is an AWESOME IDEA!!! I'm only sorry I didn't read it until two weeks later!
There is no spoon.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

SpiritInterface wrote:DB9 UWW would be great. I have been waiting patiently for more and clearer information on magic in space and on how magical societies and worlds work. Information on magical training and disciplines would also be nice.

"Wot ee sed!"
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!
:D
-ahem-
I meant to say, SpiritInterface had an excellent thought / request.

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

SolCannibal wrote:I would like to see some dimension with REALLY superpowered psionics battling for the destiny of Earth & universe like in Akira, Mai the psychic girl, Katsuhiro Otomo's Armaggedon and a bunch of 70's & 80's anime. :P

I think something like this would be great!

Nemo235
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nemo235 »

Okay, this may sound cheesy or maybe like something that has been overdone and everyone is sick of.
Oh well.

Something sort of steampunk and horror based that can double as an alternate background for Beyond the Supernatural.
Maybe an alternate Earth where the Rifts disaster hit earlier in history around the late 1800s.
Please check out my Deviant Art gallery
and my Mutants & Magic blog.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Nemo235 wrote:Okay, this may sound cheesy or maybe like something that has been overdone and everyone is sick of.
Oh well.

Something sort of steampunk and horror based that can double as an alternate background for Beyond the Supernatural.
Maybe an alternate Earth where the Rifts disaster hit earlier in history around the late 1800s.

A late 1800's, early 1900's apocalyptic steampunk dystopia?Giant steampowered mecha fighting demons and monsters? Sign me up!

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Definitely expansion of Wormwood and maybe Skraypers too. I think Phaseworld needs a break. We have 13 Dimension Books and 6 of them are essentially PW specific. If another PW book or two are to be done then I think the UWW and a Corkscrew galaxy book the way to go and then move on to other dimensions. Maybe at a later time do books for CCW and Kreeghor to round out the dimension and be done with it.

Maybe some new dimensions that are not as....grandiose as PW.

Something Gundam-esque perhaps.

Considering the turnaround time involved in doing any books (not trying to bash or anything just bringing the reality of it into play) the question should be what is realistic to be done in the time frame we have to get it out? I mean seriously, Kevin is in his 50's now....I can't see more than another 10 good years ahead of us right now . (conservative estimate and not rtying to be morbid or bash again just being realistic)

Using those Criteria I'd vote for ONLY PW books to get done in order to finish the dimension off. UWW, CCW, Kreeghor and Corkscrew Galaxy books.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Glistam wrote:
Nemo235 wrote:Okay, this may sound cheesy or maybe like something that has been overdone and everyone is sick of.
Oh well.

A late 1800's, early 1900's apocalyptic steampunk dystopia?Giant steampowered mecha fighting demons and monsters? Sign me up!

Hear, hear!
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Phase World page 16 mentioned gateways to a 'Plain of Mist' and 'Scorched Lands'. I could never figure if those had ever been referenced anywhere else. They sounded interesting.

A 'wormgates' sourcebook for Wormwood which goes into detail about all the portals connecting it to Phase World and Earth (and possibly other locations) would also be swell. Perhaps with details on what exactly Tiamat is up to there, if the leader of the Society of the Knife wants revenge against those who chased him off, whether or not Salome has achieved godhood with her 500 million worshippers, etc.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
kirnos
D-Bee

Unread post by kirnos »

Corkscrew Galaxy Sourcebook, to complete the galaxy sourcebooks ;)

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”