Favorite bridge Bunny!

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Favorite bridge Bunny

Kim Young
32%
Sammie Porter
36%
Vanessa Leeds
32%

Total votes: 28

Alpha 11
Palladin

Favorite bridge Bunny!

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Just a fun little survey. I'm going with Kim Young.
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Re: Favorite bridge Bunny!

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Hm... my favorite would be Kim from the original Macross version, where her name was Kim Kabirov. She was the only one of the trio who stayed in the service, and made quite a name for herself there after Megaroad-01 left.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
SRoss
Knight

Unread post by SRoss »

I'm going with Sammie. I have a thing for reds.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Vanessa.. got a thing for glasses..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Sammie Porter.
They can't see me...Right!?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

From SDF: Macross/RT: Kim Young
From MF: Mina Roshan
From Martain Successor: Nadesico: Ruri Hoshino
From Neon Gen. Eva.: Maya Ibuki
From Gundam: Chan Agi
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

if we're going to venture outside robotech..
Sally Ford., Macross 7.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:From SDF: Macross Kim Young

Her surname was Kabirov in the original... she was the token Russian. 's a shame she was the only one not to have any kids, though I suppose Shammy (RT: Sammy) made up the difference by having eleven.

glitterboy2098 wrote:if we're going to venture outside robotech..
Sally Ford., Macross 7.

If we're throwing it open to the rest, then I'd have to say:
SDFM: Kim Kabirov (RT Equiv.: Kim Young)
M2: Saori Kujo
M7: Miho Miho
MF: Cathy Glass
M30: Aisha Blanchett

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Vanessa...she didn't LOOK like a military professional, more like a mousy acturial, but she WAS professional. :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Sammy... best quotes of all the BB's in my opinion.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Vanessa

I mean, come on, Annie's gotta have a famous relative out there somewhere. :D
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Sammy cannot win this contest. /stagger
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
sirkermittsg
Explorer

Unread post by sirkermittsg »

this survey is basied. Claudia Grant and Lisa Hays should have been included.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Vanessa, got to love a girl in glasses.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

sirkermittsg wrote:this survey is basied. Claudia Grant and Lisa Hays should have been included.

They aren't "Bridge Bunnies", which refers to enlisted rating techs on the bridge. Besides, the voting for Claudia would be waaaaaaaaay over the top. I like a lady who will butt heads with me. I might even make several accounts just to vote her into the win. :fl:
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

Kim. Seriously.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Alpha 11
Palladin

Alrik Vas wrote:
sirkermittsg wrote:this survey is basied. Claudia Grant and Lisa Hays should have been included.

They aren't "Bridge Bunnies", which refers to enlisted rating techs on the bridge. Besides, the voting for Claudia would be waaaaaaaaay over the top. I like a lady who will butt heads with me. I might even make several accounts just to vote her into the win. :fl:

:lol:
Seto Kaiba
Knight

Alrik Vas wrote:They aren't "Bridge Bunnies", which refers to enlisted rating techs on the bridge.

Well... "enlisted" was never part of the usual definition of "bridge bunny", just that they're the female bridge operators who practically live on the bridge. That means Claudia, Misa/Lisa, and the others are bridge bunnies. (Misa and Claudia are the TVTropes pic for that trope.)

If we're only counting enlisted crew, none of them are elligible for consideration... Vanessa, Kim, and Shammy/Sammy (the terrible trio...) were all commissioned officers. In the original, all five bridge bunnies were First or Second Lieutenants.

Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

Bring me the little one....bring her to me now.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
ArmySGT.
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ArmySGT. »

Admiral Gloval. The tension lightening comedic value he brings to the script is his own charm.
Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Devjannz »

I have to go with Sammie on this one, since my first Robotech character ended up married to her (there were some changes to the timeline as happens in RPG's). Eventually she ended up in Lisa's position on the Ikazutchi carrier that we were on when we left with the REF. I was the CAG on the ship.
"Hurry, were running out of time!"

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'
Alpha 11
Palladin

Devjannz wrote:I have to go with Sammie on this one, since my first Robotech character ended up married to her (there were some changes to the timeline as happens in RPG's). Eventually she ended up in Lisa's position on the Ikazutchi carrier that we were on when we left with the REF. I was the CAG on the ship.

Cool to hear. Would not mind hearing some of the "history" of your RPG game.
taalismn
Priest

ArmySGT. wrote:Admiral Gloval. The tension lightening comedic value he brings to the script is his own charm.

"THUNDERING ASTEROIDS!"

Always wanted to replace that with something a bit more salty, as befits a naval officer.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Devjannz »

Alpha 11 wrote:
Devjannz wrote:I have to go with Sammie on this one, since my first Robotech character ended up married to her (there were some changes to the timeline as happens in RPG's). Eventually she ended up in Lisa's position on the Ikazutchi carrier that we were on when we left with the REF. I was the CAG on the ship.

It has been over 20 years. A lot of the details are sketchy, but most of the major events stayed the same. It was small things that we made changes to, like Sammie living. I guess it wasn't so much that we changed events, but added some things to the existing timeline. We stole a Zentraedi scout ship and used it to ram another ship that was attacking the SDF-1. I fought Khyron when he invaded the SDF-1 and attacked Macross City and I ended up in a coma when I took a missile strike that was heading for a hospital, where Sammie was giving birth to our first child. Eventually we ended up as part of the REF though the game did not last much beyond that.
"Hurry, were running out of time!"

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Sammie, she's cuter!
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Gotta go with Kim on this one.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
taalismn
Priest

Alrik Vas wrote:Sammy cannot win this contest. /stagger

I dunno. Alrik, she seems to be rallying.
This race is turning out to sure from certain....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alrik Vas
Knight

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Alrik Vas wrote:They aren't "Bridge Bunnies", which refers to enlisted rating techs on the bridge.

Well... "enlisted" was never part of the usual definition of "bridge bunny", just that they're the female bridge operators who practically live on the bridge. That means Claudia, Misa/Lisa, and the others are bridge bunnies. (Misa and Claudia are the TVTropes pic for that trope.)

If we're only counting enlisted crew, none of them are elligible for consideration... Vanessa, Kim, and Shammy/Sammy (the terrible trio...) were all commissioned officers. In the original, all five bridge bunnies were First or Second Lieutenants.

Meh, i went with the Jack-o-verse explanation.

Alpha 11
Palladin

Devjannz wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:

It has been over 20 years. A lot of the details are sketchy, but most of the major events stayed the same. It was small things that we made changes to, like Sammie living. I guess it wasn't so much that we changed events, but added some things to the existing timeline. We stole a Zentraedi scout ship and used it to ram another ship that was attacking the SDF-1. I fought Khyron when he invaded the SDF-1 and attacked Macross City and I ended up in a coma when I took a missile strike that was heading for a hospital, where Sammie was giving birth to our first child. Eventually we ended up as part of the REF though the game did not last much beyond that.

Sounds like it was a cool game. I would have loved to be part of it.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”