Which fan company would make the most money?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Which company is most profitable?

Paladin Steel
29%
Nova Markets
5%
Richard Operations
No votes
Kera Tech
No votes
Tungston Fabrication
No votes
Bullhunter Arms
10%
Putus Caseus Armaments
10%
Skyknight
5%
Other
14%
Black Market would crush them all!
29%

Total votes: 21

nilgravity
Dungeon Crawler

Which fan company would make the most money?

Unread post by nilgravity »

There are several fan companies on the boards and I was wondering which would make the most money. Paladin Steel has a great variety of products available, but maybe so high that it's driven their overhead through the roof! I've allowed for revoting to encourage debate and to give the companies a chance to unveil new lines. I want to hear thoughts on this (and if the creators want to make organization sheets that'd be helpful too)

Paladin Steel
http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=93286

Nova Markets
http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=133590

Richard Operations
http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=139081

Kera Tech
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=96631

Tungston Fabrication
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=138861

Bullhunter Arms
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=135151

Putus Caseus Armaments
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=134216
Last edited by nilgravity on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Re: Which fan company would make the most money?

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Awesome idea. But before we vote, let's see what their advertising departments have for us.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

I love KC's Bullhunter Arms thread. It includes some of the best "extra gear" for the discerning soldier.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The organized BM in rifts would just be the distribution network most of the arms would flow through.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I, too, am flattered to be considered for this list. 8)
I'm only sorry I haven't made my material better organized for folks...I think that turns a lot of people off who don't want to dig through 90 pages of material looking for that one goodie they never knew they needed before. :-(
As tempted as I am to vote for myself, in all fairness(and excluding PS's extradimensional sales) I'll cast my vote to Killer Cyborg's Bullhunter Arms; the company is small, compact, and their products quite simple and inexpensive. With modern(i.e. Rifts) production technology and robot or cheap d-bee labor, their relative expense-to-profit ratio is low and their product sales should be high. Because they're not building strategic/world-changing weaponry, they're too small to smash by big nations, so they don't have to spend a lot on security and nation-building to secure their resources and livelihood. It's a realistic entrepreneur company that can fit right well into the gritty post-apocalyptic Rifts campaign without any changes to published canon or suspension of player disbelief. :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Marrowlight wrote:Awesome idea. But before we vote, let's see what their advertising departments have for us.

At Putus Caseus Armaments, we have created a perpetual motion machine* that can be used for anything from recharging E-Clips to powering a robot vehicle, or providing ammunition for your very own PCA-ATL7G Gatling Gun!

At Putus Caseus, we don't break the laws of physics... but when somebody else does, we use that to break the game!

*Only CR 20,000!!!!
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
taalismn
Priest

You wanted a fact-sheet?
Using my format for Random Interstellar Corporations(http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=134982 ), here's Paladin Seel outlined:

Paladin Steel/Aegis Stellar Industries ---(Just to be fair)
“The Right Gear, for the Right Purpose, in a Right Cause, at a Right Price.”

A newcomer to the Three Galaxies and the interdimensional stage, Paladin Steel is the mothership corporation of Aegis Stellar Industries, its wing in the Three Galaxies. Though generally a generation of technology behind the standard in the Three Galaxies, PS products often compensate by being multirole, multi-accessoried, or innovative in other ways, and by being less expensive than many of their contemporaries’ offerings in the Three Galaxies. Their home offices on Rifts Earth(or -A- Rifts Earth) gives them many options and opportunities larger galactic companies do not.
A. Product/Services----Known primarily as an arms manufacturer(though they have many divisions and interests), with a reputation for relatively low-tech, but durable and readily customizable, products.
B. Ownership----Shareholder-owned, with a strong nationalist sponsorship(Greater New England).
C. Size/Manpower---Massive, in the 100 million+ range(though its Rifts Earth home offices employ only about 10 million employees between its various enclaves)
D. Distribution--- Interdimensional
E. Communications---Private(bordering on Extreme) ----The company maintains its own private communications network, including wholly company-owned transmission facilities and its own in-house courier service.
F. Security---- Small Army, leavened with house mercenary units and national armed services personnel.
G. General Alignment----Scrupulous and Unprincipled
H. Business/Trade Connections---Liberal, with a ‘trust but verify’ attitude.
I. Illegal Activity---
-Knockoffs----The company is involved in producing illegal knockoffs of another company’s products. Or, at the very least, of reverse-engineering technologies from the Kittani, Naruni, Triax and the Coalition States.
- Corporate Espionage---The company has some truck in ‘gray ops’ in industry, ferreting out the secrets of rivals and conducting ‘proactive defense’ against their competition.
J. Pay---Good---Pay is 10-25% above the industry average
K. Benefits---
-Medical Clinic----Healthy workers are happy and productive workers, and PS means to be both happy and productive. That means free health and dental.
-Cybernetics/Bio-Augmentation----Based on their experience ‘growing up’ on Rifts Earth, where one can easily lose a limb or two(maybe even a whole body) to a bandit or supernatural predator, the company offers a cybernetics or genetic medicine clinic and will pay 1d10x10% towards elective cybernetic implants or biogenetic tweaking/augmentation, especially if the procedures are related to work. Since PS’s medical and biologicals divisions produce most of the necessary material in-house, they can afford this sort of largesse.
-Swag---The company gives employees considerable (40-60%) discounts on products and services it produces, and may even give examples away free.
L. Available Funds---Large Reserve----The company can extend loans in the triple credit range for dealing with situations and special circumstances.
M. Reputation---Known. Paladin Steel is working on a ‘slow but steady’ policy of building up their brand-name recognition and customer base.
N. Current Corporate Status---Modestly Successful in breaking into a large market.
Last edited by taalismn on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

I'd say the ones that made the most efficient and durable fans at the best price. :P
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
taalismn
Priest

Subjugator wrote:I'd say the ones that made the most efficient and durable fans at the best price. :P

Damnit! Now you have me thinking of all the various permutations of fans in Rifts....electric, nuclear-powered. techno-wizardry(windrush spell), Elemental.....vibrobladed so you don't have critters trying to sneak in through your ventilation system(or open window)...
I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!!!! :badbad:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

The most lucrative would be Uncle Remus' Emporium of the Arcane. For the simple fact that it exists in every single location across the megaverse at all points in time simultaneously. The only drawback is the inconsistent service and the fact that it is now out of business*.

*By out of business I mean the OP (original proprietor) will no longer be adding merchandise or taking on custom jobs.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
nilgravity
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by nilgravity »

random_username
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Just an old dude Gamer (GM and Player) who had the honor of gaming with several great groups of folks over the years.

Unread post by random_username »

Tekhammer:
However it tends to be unheard of except by good/honorable: local citizens, adventures, mercs, armor wearing casters, and the occasional Cyber-Knight or Operator. Also indirectly affiliated with many advanced tech R&D companies/empires/organizations. Tends to have minimal cost and maximum profitability for its endeavors.

Actual Products:

Tekhammer Light/Medium Armor: Designed for those less familiar with wearing armor: casters, etc.

Other minor items mainly for local citizens: Tek Town Wood Sword, Tek Town Vibro-Sword, modified light power armors for use by Mechanics/Operators/Explorers, etc. All of which are mainly just for the appropriate local citizens.

Mainly:
A Tech Repair and Modification Center/Mechanic Shop. So may not quite fit with the precise theme for this posting.

Special Items:
Ongoing Purchasing options for perfect condition alien and possibly other advanced technology with Research and Development value to large tech empires/companies. Fair prices. Listed lower value in credits/BMI or upper value in Shop credit including rare technology. Corresponding appraisal skills. Further details upon providing relevant R&D value tech.

Some Triax Tech Available:
Limited selection.

Ultimately:
Probably not enough to merit a voting slot mostly just an interesting way of presenting this otherwise appropriate info.
Last edited by random_username on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:34 am, edited 9 times in total.
If something makes the RPG experience better that's great. If not don't use it.

If not overly informative hopefully it was at least mildly amusing. Munchkin Clown Away! <fwoosh... honk, honk>
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Here at SkyKnight Industries we may not build the most cutting edge weapons or bend reality to our whim, but we stand by our products. you will never find a better aircraft for this value. why slog across dangerous wilderness when you can fly, in a capable and affordable skyknight brand aircraft? our products are available through a number of retailers, and we have partnered with companies across the domain of man and the new west to ensure customer support. custom orders are available. fly SkyKnight today!
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

random_username wrote:Tekhammer:
Probably not enough to merit a voting slot mostly just an interesting way of presenting this otherwise appropriate info.

Hey...if any of the companies listed like your stuff, we may just pick you up as a subcontractor. ;)
Lots of small companies contribute to the well-being of larger corporations and their products, since those bigger companies can't control EVERYTHING that goes into their merchandise. GM has to buy its switches, upholstery, and company t-shirts from SOMEBODY. Same for Northern Gun, Triax, Paladin Steel, and others.
Feel free to post your company and its products. :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
random_username
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Just an old dude Gamer (GM and Player) who had the honor of gaming with several great groups of folks over the years.

Unread post by random_username »

taalismn wrote:
random_username wrote:Tekhammer:

Hey...if any of the companies listed like your stuff, we may just pick you up as a subcontractor. ;)
Lots of small companies contribute to the well-being of larger corporations and their products, since those bigger companies can't control EVERYTHING that goes into their merchandise. GM has to buy its switches, upholstery, and company t-shirts from SOMEBODY. Same for Northern Gun, Triax, Paladin Steel, and others.
Feel free to post your company and its products. :-D

lol

Ironically it is posted though in a covert GM's discretion kind of way.

Underestimating them = perfect PR for those they don't do business with hehe.
If something makes the RPG experience better that's great. If not don't use it.

If not overly informative hopefully it was at least mildly amusing. Munchkin Clown Away! <fwoosh... honk, honk>
taalismn
Priest

sexykitty wrote:I voted Paladin Steel. Based solely on the product testimonials. lol

Thank you!
Writing the 'fluff' is the greater portion of the fun of coming up with stuff, from my own experiences reading about technology and the development and deployment of various devices and designs. Some (historical) innovations come seemingly out of nowhere, while others are the result of refinements, offshoots of older designs, or the result of various company and engineer shennanigans. There are some incredible stories out there about what went into various inventions, even mundane ones.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”