Paladin Steel Storefront

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Paladin Steel Storefront

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I have finally looked thru the parts of Paladin Steel products for the past year or so. I think that the "Federated States" will be spending a decent amount of money in purchasing the new products released in the last year.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Aramanthus wrote:I have finally looked thru the parts of Paladin Steel products for the past year or so. I think that the "Federated States" will be spending a decent amount of money in purchasing the new products released in the last year.

We try to keep up with demand. The establishment of offworld/outdimension corporate enclaves/colonies/outposts and the construction of Asteroid Cruisers as mobile resource development centers opens up whole new vistas for our business. :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I am looking forward to seeing more new material. Good stuff.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:I am looking forward to seeing more new material. Good stuff.

Real life keeps getting in the way. Gotta do things I get paid for. And/Or taxed for. (shrug)
Plus, if I wanna do art for any of my postings, that takes a whole chunk of time, too.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I know about real life getting in the way.

HH....FIE
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

any thought on my mega-damage stink-bomb idea?
taalismn
Priest

abe wrote:any thought on my mega-damage stink-bomb idea?

None. Been trying to complete existing WIPs before tackling any new projects.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

I found something to help clean the snow off your roof. Maybe. :D
Go Here
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:I found something to help clean the snow off your roof. Maybe. :D
Go Here

Vodka powered? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:
Go Here

It's French, so maybe wine and cheese powered, personal VTOL chair.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Go Here

Well, then it's probably fueled with smuggled Grand Fenwick vintages. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Go Here

Well, then it's probably fueled with smuggled Grand Fenwick vintages. :D

so an american copy of it would use Pinot Grand Enwick instead? :D
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

"I have a report of a disturbance here! Who are you!?"
"Sorry, officer. Paladin Steel Contract Security...you can check with your dispatcher to prove we're legit...and we have the situation under control.:
"'Contract Security'?! What sort of thing requires ARMORED CARS and ARMORED SOLDIERS to maintain security?!"
"Powered armor and tanks too. And it's a bachelor party."
"Wha---Okay, what sort of a bachelor party requires heavily armed soldiers for security."
"The kind that attracts paparazzi, insane martial artists, alien invaders, ancient curses, monsters. We're here and we've got the situation under control, officer."
"...If you've got it under control, what's with the flying gunships?"
"We're making sure we STAY in control of the situation, officer."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

taalismn wrote:"I have a report of a disturbance here! Who are you!?"
"Sorry, officer. Paladin Steel Contract Security...you can check with your dispatcher to prove we're legit...and we have the situation under control.:
"'Contract Security'?! What sort of thing requires ARMORED CARS and ARMORED SOLDIERS to maintain security?!"
"Powered armor and tanks too. And it's a bachelor party."
"Wha---Okay, what sort of a bachelor party requires heavily armed soldiers for security."
"The kind that attracts paparazzi, insane martial artists, alien invaders, ancient curses, monsters. We're here and we've got the situation under control, officer."
"...If you've got it under control, what's with the flying gunships?"
"We're making sure we STAY in control of the situation, officer."

EPIC man very well done man love it
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Aramanthus
Monk

Looking forward to seeing more material. We at the Federated states could see those items.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Looking forward to seeing more material. We at the Federated states could see those items.

Yeah, well....real life putting new material on hold....have to look for more hours to make a living, :| ...taxes, spring cleaning, and the old car of mine may be seeing its last days, what with her burning oil(and I'm really fond of the old girl...'91 Honda Civic...fits in the garage, I can SEE the road in front of me, and it's the very definition of Basic Transportation...no better humble servant could I have).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

I do understand things like that in real life.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Paladin Steel/Ghanam Arms LTD ‘Agonizer’ TW Pistol
(aka ‘Pain-bane’, ‘Brain-ripper’)
http://sgcusa.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/h/chiappa-rhino-357-2in-left.jpg

‘This weapon looks ugly because what it can do to a person IS ugly. I bet you’ve heard rumors that this thing uses necro-magic, but that’s untrue; PS didn’t want any sort of spells that might be used to energize Undead, only spells that can stop the living AND the Unliving. That’s not to say that the spells they DID decide on can’t do some pretty nasty things to whoever is on the wrong end of this buster. So my advice is stay out of the sights of this gun regardless.”

The ‘Agonizer’ is yet another in Paladin Steel’s ‘Regenerator’ TW sidearms produced by subcontractor Ghanam Arms Ltd..
In appearance, the ‘Agonizer’ is based on the pre-Rifts Chiappa ‘Rhino’ revolver, an unorthodox revolver design notable for its barrel firing from the lowermost cylinder(an attempt to control kick-up/back) and its more complicated internalized works(as the upper cocking lever can not act as the hammer). The barrel reinforcement, now on the upper part of the gun, looks to many decidedly ‘skeletal’, giving this weapon an otherworldly appearance. It was this that appealed to GALtd’s gunmages when they got to work on a new TW handgun.
The ‘Agonizer’ is designed around spells modified to make this pistol a man-stopper, with a mix of non/reduced lethality and lethal options.
Giving the weapon its name is its first spell, a modified Agony spell with enhanced range. This attack doesn't do any damage, but will put an opponent down, thinking he HAS been brutally maimed.
Magic Net is a favorite for stopping targets, and can trap small groups of people, holding them long enough for the shooter to hopefully escape, though some users have taken the opportunity to then shoot the trapped targets with another setting.
Firebolt is a fairly conventional ranged attack that doesn’t cost much in the way of power, and isn’t as powerful as some other spells, but the incendiary effect and appearance of the flaming bolts can be even more frightening than the actual damage.
Mental Blast allows for a potent debilitating strike that goes through armor, straight to an enemy’s mind.
Mental Shock is similar, but works through heavier armor to blast opponent’s brains, stunning them(and ideally taking them out of combat).
For heavy damage, GALtd’s mages have created a focused version of the Shockwave spell. A single shot using this setting can bowl over entire crowds, and even small vehicles and structures.
Despite its cost, the ‘Agonizer’ has gained popularity in some circles for its reputation as a ‘cruel’ weapon. Coupled with its decidedly unorthodox appearance(compared to other revolvers), the pistol’s selection of painful attack options make it a weapon to intimidate with. The weapon thus appeals to ‘dark knight’ vigilante types, bounty hunters, and the more aggressive law enforcers. It’s also popular in its short-barreled and easily concealed form as a self-defense weapon for those who want any would-be attacker to SUFFER. Naturally, a number of these guns have appeared in the hands of those with less-than-paladin attitudes, much to PS’s consternation.

http://madogre.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Rhino.jpg

Weight: 33 oz.
Length: 8.5 inches
MDC: 30
Range:(Agony) 100 ft
(Magic Net) 100 ft
(Firebolt) 130 ft
(Mental Blast) 160 ft
(Mental Shock)300 ft
(Shockwave) 60 ft long cone, expanding out in a 45-degree arc.
Damage:(Agony) Save versus magic or be in total agony, unable to move, dodge, attack, or even speak, for 1 full minute(4 melees). The next four melees/one minute, the victim is still rather discombobulated, and is -1 to dodge, strike, and parry, and is at HALF APMs and speed.
(Magic Net) Covers a 10 ft wide area. Targets cannot move, attack, or defend. Takes 2 melee rounds with megadamage weaponry or magic to break free. Lasts 12 melees(3 minutes)
(Firebolt) 4d6 MD or 1d4x10 SDC per shot, +4 to strike
(Mental Blast) Save versus psionic attack or the shot does 5d6 (1d6x10 point blank) direct to Hit Points(MD for megadamage creatures), even through body armor(but not power armor). Target will also be -2 to initiative, -2 to strike, parry, and dodge, and -20% to all skills for 1d4+6 melee rounds. On a successful save, damage is HALF and no lingering penalties. Damage is cumulative.
(Mental Shock) Victim must make a successful save vs magic(at -1) or suffer temporary amnesia and lose all skills except native tongue and five skills most important to them, for 4d6 +14 hours.
A successful save means the victim is dazed for 1d4 melees, losing 2 APMs, -5 to all combat skills and -25% to skills, plus has a ringing headache for an hour.
Dragons, demons, and other supernaturals are NOT vulnerable to Mental Shock.
(Shockwave)4d6 MD in a 45-degree arc. Those weighing less than 500 lbs are 88% likely to be thrown off their feet and hurled 3d4 yards/meters, those weighing 500-1,000 lbs have a 50% chance of being knocked over and tossed 1d4 yards/meters, while those weighing up to a ton have only a 20% chance of being knocked back a few feet. Flyers will be throw TWICE the aforementioned distances. Those knocked down will lose initiative and 2 APMs getting back up.
Rate of Fire: Single shot, ECHH
Payload:(Agony)10 PPE per shot
(Magic Net) 4 PPE per shot
(Firebolt)4 PPE per shot
(Mental Blast) 8 PPE per shot
(Mental Shock) 15 PPE per shot
(Shockwave)23 PPE per shot
PPE Capacity:(Light)----100 PPE battery capacity; recharges at 5 PPE per hour, 10 PPE/hour at a leyline, 20 PPE/hour on a nexus or in a dimensional pyramid
Note: The user can pump his or her own PPE or ISP into the weapon to recharge it an emergency, but at DOUBLE the above listed PPE cost(x4 if ISP; so 10 PPE battery shot takes 20 PPE/40 ISP to manually recharge)
Special Features:
*Starglow---The PPE cylinder normally emits a low-level glow, but it can be increased to glow with a Globe of Daylight spell, illuminating an 84 ft area around it, for 21 minutes per single PPE.

*Lantern Light(1 PPE and lasts 4 hours)---Fills a ten foot area with soft illumination, but CANNOT drive off vampires or other sunlight-sensitive beings.

*LED PPE Counter(keeps track of available power)

Cost: 450,000 credits

Options:
*Mystic Marksmanship(3 PPE for a single shot)---Gives a +3 to an aimed or called shot. Cost: 9,000 credits (A popular option with collectors who want to get the most out of their expensive acquisition, even if they are not themselves good shots)

*Safety Bonding---This insures that the weapon can ONLY be used by specific people. Using a ritual performed in-shop which requires all the people to be trusted with the weapon be present to contribute a single drop of blood that is pressed into the grip in the ritual, the weapon is effectively ‘safed' and will fire ONLY for those people.
(GALtd doesn’t advertise it, but the system isn’t ENTIRELY foolproof; there’s a 25% chance that people with a close genetic/magical similarity to the bonded people---immediate children, siblings, doppelgangers, or clones---can also use the weapon. )
Cost: 30,000 credits per person bonded to the weapon. Up to four people can be ‘impressed’ on the weapon.

*Sense Evil---The PPE crystal can flash red if supernatural evil entities approach within a 90 ft radius. Cost: 10,000 credits

*Sense Magic---The PPE crystal can flash yellow if active magic occurs within 120 ft of the weapon. Cost: 10,000 credits

*PPE Clip Adapter----Developed to address the shortcoming of the Regenerator-series in that once the PPE reservoir is exhausted, the weapon is essentially useless until the crystal recharges or a mage or psychic pumps in their own PPE/ISP. This handy device clips to the cylinder, saddle-stye, and allows the weapon to draw from an attached PS- or allied-manufacture PPE clip. Note that the Regenerator cannot RECHARGE an attached empty PPE clip; the power draw is strictly one-way. Yes, this device can be fitted to other Ghanam Arms weapons as well. Cost: 3,000 credits

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_abaJ0xbRju4/SxPCnJL_McI/AAAAAAAACGY/2oEtosvKruk/s1600/Rhino6pollici-1.jpg

*Barrel-Booster---Adds a longer barrel (+2 inches to the weapon’s overall length) containing various spell-booster elements that increase the range of the fired spells by 25%.
Cost: 40,000 credits
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

how much for a cosmetic mod and Annihilation spell rounds?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

taalismn wrote:Paladin Steel/Ghanam Arms LTD ‘Agonizer’ TW Pistol

if i may ask what type of gun is this? or caliber or where can I find in Wikipedia
N1!!!!
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

ZINO wrote:

if i may ask what type of gun is this? or caliber or where can I find in Wikipedia
N1!!!!

type = revolver
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiappa_Rhino
Cartridge .357 Magnum, .40 S&W, 9×21mm

http://mkschiappa.com/MKS_Chiappa_pistols/Chiappa_white_rhino.html
The 6" barrel 'White Rhino' version always looks like someone had an ugly gun contest and beat the winner with an 'Uglier' stick. At least to me. The black 6" is petty.

taalismn
Priest

glitterboy2098 wrote:how much for a cosmetic mod and Annihilation spell rounds?

THat would be bordering on Conversion Corner.

There's also the 'Caster Pistol' from Outlaw Star, which is clearly a TechnoWizardry weapon using one-shot spell cartridges, including a few that behave like Annihilation. :bandit:

Mind you, I'm not above Annihilation TW firearms, and the Multiplexor system can easily be slotted for them. A Regenerator weapon with the spell hardwired in? I'm still looking for a real-world weapon that would be cool enough to handle that sort of power.
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

abtex wrote:
ZINO wrote:

N1!!!!

type = revolver
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiappa_Rhino
Cartridge .357 Magnum, .40 S&W, 9×21mm

http://mkschiappa.com/MKS_Chiappa_pistols/Chiappa_white_rhino.html
The 6" barrel 'White Rhino' version always looks like someone had an ugly gun contest and beat the winner with an 'Uglier' stick. At least to me. The black 6" is petty.

thank U abtex
IMHO I want one for my collection small , high power hand cannon
taalismn
Priest

I suddenly realize that the 'Agonizer' would have been a perfect opportunity to put into play my threat to use Godogma's(http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=134320&hilit=Merrill+Arms) much cheaper(if emerald-based) Merrill Armaments regenerating PPE 'max clips' mystechnology to DRAMATICALLY lower the cost of the Regenerator series weapons. In that case, an 'Agonizer Series B' and across the boards price revamps for the Regenerators may be in order.
Of course, the lowered prices will drive up the demand for natural emeralds in the GNE, but hey, that's part of the reason PS is resource-hunting across universes.... :D
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

(with thanks to Raven, for allowing me to use his Kera-Tech products, making this idea possible)

Paladin Steel/Kera-Tech PPHvR-01 ‘Death Flare’ Plasma Rifle
(aka ‘Death Pipe’, ‘Plasma Blunderbus’, ‘Big Roar’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/plasmarifle-36p_zps428b76c5.jpg

“I hope when you asked me to open that gate that you did not intend to use the gate doors afterwards, or want to question the guards who USED to be behind it...”
---Corporal Mikhail ‘Iron Mike’ Gravis, Cyborg Trooper, on ‘security advisor’ detail to a GNE client-ally, after using a PPHvR-01 in a ‘police action’ raid.

Generally regarded as the prototype of the PPHvR-02, harkening back to the first experiments by cyborg support troopers at single-shot firing the big 40mm cadmium-telluride cartridges from the heavy plasma gatlings they were servicing. Calling the weapon a ‘rifle’, though, may be pushing it, as the PPHvR-01 amounts to little more than a single-shot plasma shotgun.
The PPHvR-01 resembles an old early gunpowder-age ‘handcannon’, sawed-off break-open shotgun, or oversized flare gun. It’s been likened to a scaled-up ‘Genta’ plasma gun with a simple tubular forebody attached to a large shock-absorbing stock. A snap-open action allows the user, who must have augmented strength, to crack open the weapon, insert a single 40mm cartridge, snap the weapon closed, then fire it. The packed cadmium-telluride power cell self-destructs in the chamber, the weapon’s integral ionizing guide-path laser then fires microseconds before the superheated plasma, developed in the plasma chamber from the power cell’s surge, shoots from the annular venting in the barrel and follows down the ionized pathway to impact the target. Once fired, the operator cracks open the rifle, ejects the spent cartridge casing, and pushes in a fresh cartridge to fire again. The single-shot, hand-loading slows rate of fire, but also allows the primitive cooling system(advanced refractory materials making up the barrel, and a single air-draw forced draft collar around the barrel) to cool the weapon down between shots.
The PPHvR-01 is fairly simple for a plasma weapon, and emphasizes brute force over anything else. The PPHvR-01 has poor range, but it does MASSIVE damage for its energy release. It also has a tremendous recoil due to the plasma expulsion. However, the rather crude design means that the plasma blast, while intense at short range, isn’t as well-focused and energy-transfer efficient as it could be, a problem remedied in the more advanced PPHvR-02. As part of the experiment process a ‘scatter-fire’ muzzle attachment was developed; that add-on has since become a production option available to buyers of the PPHvR-01.
Early users of the PPHvR-01 found the weapon ‘a bastard to fire’, a ‘pain to reload’, but also found it ‘real fun’ and extremely reliable, if they could handle its weight and recoil. After manufacturing several hundred for testing purposes, Paladin Steel switched mass-production to the more refined, more sophisticated, more expensive and longer-ranged PPHvR-02, but continues to produce small production runs of the original PPHvR-01 for interested parties.
Weight: 75 lbs
MDC: 100
Range: 1,200 ft
Damage: 2d4x10+18 MD per shot
Rate of Fire: Single shot. Reloading a round takes 2 actions per melee.
Payload: Single shot
Special Features:
*Basic Flip-Up Ring and Post Sights
Note: A P.S. of 22 or better is needed to fire this weapon with any sort of accuracy, or the operator will take 1d6 SDC damage even through protective armor due to the recoil kick and be -2 to strike.
Cost: 95,000 credits. 40mm cadmium-telluride cartridges cost 95 credits each.
Options:
*Scatter-Fire---This modifies the muzzle plasma ejector mechanism to fire a dozen or so smaller plasma bolts at shorter range and with less individual damage, but with a scatter effect like a shotgun---ideal for clearing out rooms and compartments.
Reduce range by 1/3, and mini-plasma bolts do 5d6 MD each, but now covers a 30-degree arc(or roughly 20 ft wide area)
Cost: +7,000 credits

Paladin Steel/ Kera-Tech PPHvR-02 ‘Sun Storm’ Heavy Plasma Rifle
(aka 'Bot-bane', 'Tank-Melter')
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img342_zps3bc32475.jpg

“This maniac comes to you courtesy of the people who thought an eighty millimeter format shotgun was a fun idea. Rumor I heard is that it was inspired by one of the artillery battery support troops guarding one of those heavy plasma gattlers. One of the cyborg troopers assigned schlep-and-guard duty wondered aloud what it would be like to single-fire off one of those big forty-millimeter cadmium-telluride cartridges the big plasma gatlings eat like popcorn. Somebody overheard them and came up with this monster, after a few earlier and simpler versions proved it could be done.
Overall this weapon reminds me of those historical records of ‘antitank rifles’ like the Boys that couldn’t decide if they were big sniper guns or antitank guns, and ended up too heavy for the one and too light for the other. Lots of recoil and limited shots, too.
That having been said, the long barrel and accelerator elements on this weapon give it phenomenal range for a plasma weapon. You can reach out and flame-broil somebody at nearly a mile away.
Impractical as hell this weapon is...either get a lighter weapon with more shots or a proper heavy weapon, like a mini-missile launcher with plasma warloads, if you’re doing serious campaigning or outfitting an army, is my advice.
Naturally, though, there’s going to be a fan following for this gun. Some people just can't get enough Big Gun, and this bastard will appeal to them just nicely.”
---Dawn ‘Sasquatch’ O’Malley, regular columnist for the MercTown -Targeter-.

The PPHvR-02 is a monster of a weapon, a Paladin Steel-manufactured ‘manportable’ plasma cannon using 40mm Kera-Tech cadmium-telluride cartridges to blast out a bolt of plasma that hits like a tank gun. The PPHvR-02 is meant for cyborgs and those with augmented strength, and is meant to operated over the shoulder, like a bazooka, with a top-mounted box clip-magazine behind the shoulder rest, a bulbous air-cooled muzzle brake system, wraparound underside handholds, and side-mounted sights. With nearly a mile’s worth of range, the PPHvR-02 NEEDS telescopic sights, or augmented vision, to make maximum use of its far-reaching death-dealing capability.
The PPHvR-02 saw first issuance to heavy weapons units that already used the 40mm cadmium-telluride cartridge, allowing for ready access to available ammunition. The weapon has subsequently become available, in limited quantities, to other units, starting with heavy cyborg infantry and power armor formations. Some vehicles in Alliance service have been seen mounting these weapons in place of recoilless guns and other heavy weaponry.

Weight: 150 lbs
MDC: 100
Range: 5,000 ft
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per shot
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: 5 shot top-loading clip.
Special Features:
*Smart-ported for sensor pack- and cyberlink- hookup
Note: A P.S. of 25 or better is needed to fire this weapon with any sort of accuracy, or the operator will be -2 to strike.
Cost: 145,000 credits. 40mm cadmium-telluride cartridges cost 95 credits each.
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

one word
DAME
nice one man!!!
Godogma
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Godogma »

Hey, if you want to use it go ahead - I didn't make it, I got it out of Rifter #2's technowizardry rules system. That emerald using sheath doohickey is where I got the cost and regen rate and such.
It's clear that your mind is made up, and pesky things like facts are not going to educate you. Perhaps it is your mindset that is immune to transformation by any means? - The_Livewire
taalismn
Priest

Godogma wrote:Hey, if you want to use it go ahead - I didn't make it, I got it out of Rifter #2's technowizardry rules system. That emerald using sheath doohickey is where I got the cost and regen rate and such.

Thanks...because a 400,000 credit hand gun with a 100 ft range that basically does what somebody with a considerably cheaper battery-powered taser can do isn't going to sell well. :bandit: :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Talasmn, side note. I just wanted to say that I love reading your work.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Godogma
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Godogma »

taalismn wrote:
Godogma wrote:Hey, if you want to use it go ahead - I didn't make it, I got it out of Rifter #2's technowizardry rules system. That emerald using sheath doohickey is where I got the cost and regen rate and such.

Thanks...because a 400,000 credit hand gun with a 100 ft range that basically does what somebody with a considerably cheaper battery-powered taser can do isn't going to sell well. :bandit: :D

Hey if you want to say where your technowizard guys got it in game terms... One of the shifter led exploration teams working for Merill City and one of your teams met up and then one of the two opened a gate so they could have a chat.

Merrill City is more than willing to trade techniques and stuff with Paladin Steel, plus there's a mage college down here... we can provide edumacation to your yankee technowizards on how to do things the better way. :bandit:
It's clear that your mind is made up, and pesky things like facts are not going to educate you. Perhaps it is your mindset that is immune to transformation by any means? - The_Livewire
taalismn
Priest

Godogma wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Hey if you want to say where your technowizard guys got it in game terms... One of the shifter led exploration teams working for Merill City and one of your teams met up and then one of the two opened a gate so they could have a chat.

Merrill City is more than willing to trade techniques and stuff with Paladin Steel, plus there's a mage college down here... we can provide edumacation to your yankee technowizards on how to do things the better way. :bandit:

Hey, there's already precedence, what with the fact that you're manufacturing PS-pattern micro-missiles. Military chemistry and durable micro-electronics for TW? Yeah, that works. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Zenvis wrote:Talasmn, side note. I just wanted to say that I love reading your work.

Thanks. I appreciate it. Anything you'd like to see in particular in future products/essays? :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Nope just going to keep reading the magic you weave.
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
taalismn
Priest

Zenvis wrote:Nope just going to keep reading the magic you weave.

And so obscene amounts of peer pressure begin to mount... :D :clown:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

(Thanks to Godogma for giving me the idea and the license to use his Merrill City products in this)

Regenerator Arms “Greenstar” PPE Generator Clip Revamps

‘Aw mannnnnn....I shoulda waited before I blew my inheritance on my ‘Mystic Eagle’! Now PS has come out with the Greenstar mods! I coulda saved a ####load of cash!”
“Look at it this way: you weren’t complaining about the cost when you pistoled that Gargoyle Lord into E. In fact you said your gun was worth every penny you’d spent. At least this way, you can finally buy that Necroblaster you’ve been looking at so longingly.”

“ARGH!!! HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO TAKE THESE WORMS’ MANY MAGIC WEAPONS FROM THEM FOR OUR OWN USE IF THEY INSIST ON USING THEM ON -US-?!”
----Infernal Captain Gaz’dug Gra-Soulbane, Army of Hel, at the Battle of Blood Mountain(Georgia Territory).

Paladin Steel’s trade contacts with its various allies not only opened up new markets and secured new sources of important material, but it also brought in new ideas and technologies to improve existing products. A case in point is Paladin Steel’s technology exchanges with Merrill City, and their state corporation, Merrill Armaments. Among other things, PS traded for MA’s regenerating PPE magazines,
Though these gadgets are worth more in terms of the monetary value of their components(the MA clips use emeralds rather than PS’s quartz and other semiprecious stones), overall cost(processing included) is considerably less than that for the PS/GALtd systems.
The downside, besides the increased demand for emeralds to manufacture them, is that the MA clips regenerate their stored PPE at a slower rate: 2 PPE per hour/10 at a ley line(as opposed to the GALtd Powerstones: 5 PPE per hour, 10 PPE/hour at a leyline, 20 PPE/hour on a nexus or in a dimensional pyramid). The widespread adaptation of PPE clip adaptors to Regenerator TW arms, allowing the weapons/devices to be recharged even after being spent, makes recharging rate moot, but the lower cost(even with extras like cylinder StarGlow and Sense Aura modifications) makes a CONSIDERABLE impact on the cost of the equipment, dramatically reducing final cost.
The lower cost and increased availability of the newly formatted Regenerator TW devices has caused what was originally a largely status-driven niche market product line to balloon virtually overnight with heavy demand.
Realizing the dramatic impact the implemented new PPE magazine design has caused, PS/GALtd has offered a discount to buyers of the old Powerstone-fitted Regenerators of 10-20% on future upgrades and purchases from PS(provided they kept the paperwork and receipts from the original purchase). Those currently making payments on a Regenerator are offered a 30-40% rebate or replacement of the existing Powerstone with a Greenstar magazine. PS has also licensed production of the Regenerator line to Merrill City, to keep up with the burgeoning demand for the improved designs.

Component System Cost(for comparison):

Ghanam Arms Limited Regenerator Cylinder :
*(Light)----100 PPE capacity, cost: 450,000-200,000 credits

Merrill Armaments ‘Greenstar’ PPE Clips:
*’Light’--- 100 PPE capacity, cost: 12,000 credits
*’Heavy’---200 PPE capacity, cost: 24,000 credits
*’Max’---300 PPE capacity, cost: 36,000 credits

*Generally, due to extra modifications to the crystal PPE cylinder-magazine, with extra spells such as ‘Lantern Light’, ‘Starglow’, ‘Sense Magic’, ‘Sense Evil’, and the like, the baseline Greenstar magazines can cost 10-30% more fitted to a specific gun/device.

Revised Cost(with 100 PPE capacity):

*‘Starlight Eagle’ Technowizardry Energy Pistol---(WAS 800,000 credits, now 365,000 credits)
*‘Mystic Eagle’ Technowizardry Energy Pistol----(WAS 600,000 credits, now 165,000 credits)
*‘Night Ranger’ Technowizardry Energy Pistol----(WAS 570,000 credits, now 135,000 credits)
*‘Life Shot’ TW Energy Pistol----(WAS 650,000 credits, now 215,000 credits)
*NecroBlaster TW Pistol----(WAS 760,000 credits, now 325,000 credits)
*‘FunGun’ TW Energy Pistol----(WAS 650,000 credits, now 215,000 credits)
*‘Smackdown’ TW Pistol----(WAS 500,000 credits, now 65,000 credits)
*‘Agonizer’ TW Pistol----(WAS 450,000 credits, now 125,000 credits)
*‘Hextus’ TW Combat Gauntlet----(WAS 400,000 credits, now 98,000 credits)

Please note, however, that these are direct-from-the-manufacturer prices. Buying outside either the GNE or Merrill City, prices may adjust upwards depending on where the devices are being sold(typically 50-200% more, and some distant markets, at the original prices).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Why isn't this a Rifter article?
taalismn
Priest

Zenvis wrote:Why isn't this a Rifter article?

I'm too impatient to submit to the Rifter, mainly. Instant gratification of posting something(though probably later in life, I'll regret not doing something I could get PAID for). :)
I'm also self-conscious of a streak of latent munchkinism in a grand and near-perfect 'good guy' nation-state/corporation that I wouldn't feel comfortable putting up there...In canon Rifts, a New England-based company like Paladin Steel would most likely have been already crushed by either the Splugorth or the Shemarrians. My idea of a good Rifts article has a balance....stuff that can be abused, hidden evils in paradise, the embedded adventure hook.
Not that I don't have ideas I feel ARE Rifter worthy, but I'm keeping those close to my chest until I'm ready to submit.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Godogma
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Godogma »

Also, anything submitted to the Rifter you pretty much lose the rights to publish *ANYWHERE* until they decide whether or not to publish it and even after they decide to publish it I understand it languishes in publishing hell for quite a while.

If I understand correctly it has to hit Siembieda's desk first before anything else happens. He's the major bottleneck at Palladium Books and there's no telling when that'll happen.

It's better to retain your rights to the material and be able to put it up somewhere for everyone to enjoy it in my opinion.
taalismn
Priest

Hence...enjoy the free swag I hand out. :D :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

Thank you.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

I just refuse to hand anything to Kevin; it's a personal and PROFESSIONAL hatred I have for the man.
Love the game(s), hate the playah. :D
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

DhAkael wrote:I just refuse to hand anything to Kevin; it's a personal and PROFESSIONAL hatred I have for the man.

If you're in Toronto, near the Airport in late May, he'll be at a convention there.. you can tell him your opinions in person..
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
DhAkael wrote:I just refuse to hand anything to Kevin; it's a personal and PROFESSIONAL hatred I have for the man.

If you're in Toronto, near the Airport in late May, he'll be at a convention there.. you can tell him your opinions in person..

Some men measure their worth by the sort of friends they acquire, others by the quality of the enemies they make. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:

How much more do you need?

taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:
taalismn wrote:

How much more do you need?

It's not something I have in short supply....Time, money, a working car, glowing health, global optimism, my formerly sunny disposition, etc.... THESE I need. :)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Paladin Steel/Ghanam Arms Limited ‘Rager’ Heavy TW Rifle
(aka ‘Dial-a-Pain’, ‘Sweepa’ )

“Yeah, I’m only one man against your Royal Armored Regiment of rapists and murderers. Pretty good odds on your side, you think? Well, know that besides my training, a Just Cause to fight for, the wall to my back, helpless women and children sheltering behind me, and the power of madness, I also have my Rager. That, as you are about to find out, tilts the odds considerably in MY favor.”
---Sergeant Pung Chuw, Greater New England Regular Army, Windaria Pacification Taskforce

The Rager is a ‘heavy’ TW weapon using the ‘power cylinder’ concept of the Regenerator-series firearms.
The Rager is based on the pre-Rifts South African ‘Striker’ rapid-fire shotgun, and resembles an oversized revolver with a large, twelve-shot feed cylinder and barrel foregrip handle. However, it is really a multi-option magic projection system, configured for dealing liberal amounts of pain and suffering on the enemy.
With no less than TWELVE cylinders, the Rager can carry a wide range of spells, allowing the user to respond to a variety of situations quickly and efficiently. True to its shotgun origins, the Rager is centered around area of effect spells suitable for dealing with groups of targets. A Rager gunner isn’t aiming to out-duel another gun fighter, he’s arming to take on enemy combatants in numbers. This makes the Rager suitable as a support weapon, and a favorite of urban defense troops and raider units looking to maximize their fire-effect on more numerous enemies.
Carpet of Adhesion and Magic Net both provide capture options, as well as area of effect attacks meant to kill the mobility of even groups of targets. Choking Blast & Dust Cloud is another support spell, raising an obscuring mess of dust, smoke, and noise to provide cover for friendly troops and a distraction for enemy forces. Engine Flame-Out is an anti-tech spell that can cripple or even down enemy jet thruster-equiped gear, such as jet packs, hovervehicles, and flying power armor.
Throwing Stones provides a kinetic punch that can be mistaken for another weapon. Ballistic Fire and Flamethrower allow the shooter to sweep areas with suppression fire. Few enemies are willing to advance into a burst of magical firebolts or a jet of flame. Starburst both burns and blinds enemy troops with a fearsome display of pyrotechnics that has been known to scare opponents into retreating. Orb of Cold throws superhard, super-cold ice projectiles that put the chill on enemies, and provide a counter to enemies resistant to heat, but not to cold.
Power Bolt and Sub-Particle Acceleration are the heavy-hitter spells, able to punch holes through heavy armor at long range. Meteor is the grand slam of the Rager, able to call down some serious astronomical smiting!
To power all that, the Rager is built around a Greenstar-300 PPE powerstone array, providing ready power. A PPE-clip adapter is mounted as standard, allowing the weapon to be recharged from other compatible TW weapons in a pinch if somehow the operator runs down the powerstone in the middle of combat.
The downside of the Rager is its expense, and a single weapon can easily cost as much as a high-end suit of power armor. Even with the Greenstar PPE module and mass-production ecto-fiber power conduits cutting its price, the Rager still carries a hefty price tag. Another complaint is that users can suffer from ‘selection shock’, freezing up in the middle of combat unable to decide what’s the best spell to use in a given situation, or draining the battery array on high-end attacks, when a lower powered selection may be the better choice(Rager users are advised to spend more time training with their weapons and getting accustomed to making more efficient usage decisions). Not that any of this has stopped interest in the weapon from soldiers who appreciate having all that magical firepower in their hands in a surprisingly compact and light package.
Weight: 8 lbs
MDC: 60
Range:
(Ballistic Fire)1,100 ft
(Magic Net) 60 ft
(Flamethrower) 50 ft
(Carpet of Adhesion)300 ft
(Throwing Stones)1,200 ft
(Power Bolt)2,600 ft
(Sub-Particle Acceleration)1,000 ft
(Starburst)300 ft
(Orb of Cold) 200 ft
(Choking Blast & Dust Cloud)100 ft and covers a 30x30x30 ft area
(Engine Flame-Out)3,000 ft
(Meteor)2,000 ft

Damage:
(Ballistic Fire)1d6 MD per shot and shoots 10 bolts, targets are -10 to dodge
(Magic Net) Covers a 10 ft wide area. Targets cannot move, attack, or defend. Takes 2 melee rounds with megadamage weaponry or magic to break free. Lasts 20 melees(5 minutes)
(Flamethrower)Two modes: 1d6x10 SDC or 2d4 MD
(Carpet of Adhesion)Covers a 10x20 ft area in mystic adhesive. Save versus magic or be stuck for the entire duration( 100 melees). A successful save means the target can pull loose in 2d6 melees.
(Throwing Stones) Magically produces up to 5 stone projectiles a melee round, and fires them, each one doing 1d6+10 MD. Each stone can be fired one at a time(taking 1 APM per shot) or fired in a single shot burst(takes 1 APM). The shooter can also fire an additional 5 shots the next melee with the same expenditure of PPE, but the mode cannot be unlocked between melee rounds to fire other spells(so the shooter cannot fire 5 rocks one melee round, switch to firing a Power Bolt, then switch back to firing rocks the next melee without spending another 3 PPE). Rocks are +2 to strike.
(Power Bolt) 5d6+20 MD per blast
(Sub-Particle Acceleration)1d6x10+10 MD per shot
(Starburst) 3d6 MD + temporary blindness; unless eyes are shielded, victims are temporarily blinded(-10 to strike, parry, dodge, and other combat moves) for 1 melee round, + 7 seconds per additional Starburst fired at them in the same melee round. Targets are -2 to dodge. Vampires suffer an additional 1d6 damage and are blinded twice as long.
(Orb of Cold)Fires balls of superhard ice; +1 to strike, 3d6 MD, plus victims must save versus magic or suffer debilitating numbness; -1 APM, -2 initiative, -1 strike/parry/dodge, and speed is reduced by 10%. Effects last 1d4 minutes, and are NOT cumulative.
(Choking Blast & Dust Cloud) Covers a 30x30x30 ft area in choking grit and blown up smoke, lasting 20 melees(5 minutes). Those without eye/mouth protection are unable to speak and -10 to strike/parry/dodge, and lose initiative and 1 APM. Even those WITH protection will be -2 to initiative, strike, parry, and dodge due to the dense cloud. Beings with acute senses suffer DOUBLE penalties. Radar and other sensors are similarly affected while in the cloud.
(Engine Flame-Out) Knocks out a single jet thruster system for 50 seconds(roughly 4 melees)
(Meteor) 1d6x10+20 MD to a 40 ft radius, +4 to strike
Payload:
(Ballistic Fire) 13 PPE per shot
(Magic Net) 4 PPE per shot
(Flamethrower)1 PPE per SD flame blast, 3 PPE per MD flame blast
(Carpet of Adhesion)5 PPE per shot
(Throwing Stones)3 PPE per 10 projectiles
(Power Bolt) 10 PPE per shot
(Sub-Particle Acceleration) 10 PPE per shot
(Starburst) 6 PPE per shot
(Orb of Cold) 3 PPE per shot
(Choking Blast & Dust Cloud)8 PPE per shot
(Engine Flame-Out) 18 PPE per shot
(Meteor) 38 PPE per shot
PPE Capacity:(Medium)----200 PPE battery capacity; recharges at 2 PPE per hour, 10 PPE/hour at a leyline, 20 PPE/hour on a nexus or in a dimensional pyramid
Note: The user can pump his or her own PPE or ISP into the weapon to recharge it an emergency, but at DOUBLE the above listed PPE cost(x4 if ISP; so 10 PPE battery shot takes 20 PPE/40 ISP to manually recharge)

Special Features:
*Folding Buttstock
*Forward Handhold(under the barrel)
*PPE Clip Adapter----Developed to address the shortcoming of the Regenerator-series in that once the PPE reservoir is exhausted, the weapon is essentially useless until the crystal recharges or a mage or psychic pumps in their own PPE/ISP. This handy device clips to the cylinder, saddle-stye, and allows the weapon to draw from an attached PS- or allied-manufacture PPE clip. Note that the Regenerator cannot RECHARGE an attached empty PPE clip; the power draw is strictly one-way.
Cost: 765,000 credits
(Would cost twice that, but PS mass-production techniques slash the cost, and the company gives the GNEAS a hefty discount on procurement)
Options:
*Mystic Marksmanship(3 PPE for a single shot)---Gives a +3 to an aimed or called shot. Cost: 9,000 credits (A popular option with collectors who want to get the most out of their expensive acquisition, even if they are not themselves good shots)

*Safety Bonding---This insures that the weapon can ONLY be used by specific people. Using a ritual performed in-shop which requires all the people to be trusted with the weapon be present to contribute a single drop of blood that is pressed into the grip in the ritual, the weapon is effectively ‘safetied; and will fire ONLY for those people.
(GALtd doesn’t advertise it, but the system isn’t ENTIRELY foolproof; there’s a 25% chance that people with a close genetic/magical similarity to the bonded people---immediate children, siblings, doppelgangers, or clones---can also use the weapon. )
Cost: 30,000 credits per person bonded to the weapon. Up to four people can be ‘impressed’ on the weapon.

*Sense Evil---The PPE crystal can flash red if supernatural evil entities approach within a 90 ft radius. Cost: 10,000 credits

*Sense Magic---The PPE crystal can flash yellow if active magic occurs within 120 ft of the weapon. Cost: 10,000 credits

Variants:
* ‘Rager-NC’--- ‘NC’ in this case stands for ‘New Cover’. Not really a variant as much as a repackaging of the workings of the Rager in a more aesthetically intriguing housing. Paladin Steel and GALtd began producing Ragers with the more elaborate body-housings after complaints that the powerful TW rifle ‘didn’t look powerful enough’ and lacked the look and feel of a mystech weapon. The Greater New England Armed Services has always accepted(and indeed PREFERRED) TW weapons that looked little different from purely technological equivalents, both to gain TW izardry greater acceptance and to obscure the true capabilities of a given GNEAS unit, so GNEAS Ragers look much like their pre-Rifts ‘Striker’ inspiration. However, many Irregular units and adventurer groups expected something more exotic in their magical firepower. The ‘New Cover’ alters the appearance of the weapon somewhat, adds a little extra weight, but otherwise does not affect performance in any meaningful way.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Ah solid work on the TW front. Best of luck grappling with life. We are all in your corner.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Ah solid work on the TW front. Best of luck grappling with life. We are all in your corner.

Fortune does toss me some serendipity every now and then. Because my work keys were attached to the car key I gave to the garage to fix my car, I couldn't get into work until a co-worker showed up...while waiting outside, I sighted a pair of bald eagles gliding overhead.

Didn't have my usual regular idiots to deal with at work.

Picked up a book at the used table at a museum giftshop...not priced('Make us an offer'). I offered five bucks, they took three. Published 2012. Mint condition, hardly used. Original price? 32.50.

Got back home just before the rains moved in.

Ended the day with a double-rainbow.

Real Life ain't all reason to complain. 8)

And more TW will be coming. Then I'll give some more attention to the Shemarrians. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Ok. I am standing on the spot marked "Stand here!", now what happens?

taalismn
Priest

Pray nobody's pointing one of these at that spot.

Paladin Steel/Ghanam Arms Limited ‘Demolisher’ Heavy TW Rifle
(aka ‘Dial-a-Disaster’, ‘Reaper Junior’, ‘Toppler’, ‘Hell-Hose’)

#SCROWWWW#
“Well, scratch another mecka-golem. That makes, what? The sixth today?”
“Seven if you count the one that got tossed into the air and finished off by the anti-aircraft battery.”
“Well, scrounge up some more mage-clips! There’s more of those things down there and I mean to fill my trophy room wall!”

Based on the frame of the Pancor Jackhammer automatic shotgun(a design, not coincidentally also used in PS’s ‘Sea Hammer’ micro-torpedo launcher, allowing for the use of a common component fabrication line), the Demolisher is considered to be a ‘heavy’ TW weapon, using particularly high-powered, high-level-empowered, spells to provide support fire for a combat team. Its multitude of spells, wired into the ten-shot cylinder of the original Pancor design, mark for many the culmination of both the Regenerator and the Multiplexor lines of TW infantry weapons in a truly scary bundle of destruction.
The Demolisher is designed for doing maximum damage to the enemy. No subtle spells here; the Demolisher is configured with some of the most powerful available common domain spells that could be incorporated.
Power Bolt and Ballistic Fire are the least of the arrows in the Demolisher’s cylindrical quiver, providing high firepower while not breaking the energy usage bank. The spectacular Meteor spell provides death-from-above to anybody unlucky enough to stand in the weapon’s sights. Wind Blast can knock over and throw even full conversion cyborgs from their feet from nearly a mile away, with a sudden powerful gust of tornado-force wind. Ironically, the spell Anti-Magic Cloud gives the TW Demolisher a serious area of denial attack against magic, though potentially at the expense of temporarily losing its own usefulness. Earthquake is the blockbuster, able to level entire buildings(though the spell’s short range means that gunners are advised to bugger out as quickly as possible if toppling particularly large buildings nearby). Similarly, Collapse is another anti-property spell that requires some finesse in use, owing to its short range, but which can be devastating against individual structures. River of Lava is a fearsome spell for rendering large areas of ground instantly uninhabitable and denying travel over it; similarly Fire Quake visits instant cataclysm on enemy forces.. Annihilate is the ultimate punch line in the Demolisher’s repertoire, but a single shot will completely drain the battery-array, so heavy weapons teams anticipating using this spell at some point in the immediate future will either hold the Demolisher in reserve, or carry plenty of supplemental PPE batteries to charge up the weapon after using lesser spells to whittle down the opposition.
The Demolisher is arguably the lightest, most compact, bundle of reusable Technowizardry mass destruction ever devised and production line-manufactured on Rifts Earth. What few stories have leaked out about it have GNE’s enemies seriously worried about what a few infilitrators armed with these things could do to a fortress or city, either as part of offensive operations or as revenge(the CS in particular is concerned about what might happen if Tolkeenite vengeance squads were to get ahold of this weapon). The GNEAS thus issues the weapons only to crack heavy weapons squads and special missions units.
Even with Paladin Steel’s technowizardry mass-production infrastructure behind it, the Demolisher is a very expensive piece of hardware, costing as much as some high-end power armors. Many agree that that’s a GOOD thing, as it keeps availability of this extremely powerful weapon down, and its distribution low. The destruction of several Splugorth mainland outposts has been rumored to have been accomplished by commando teams armed with Demolishers. The Demolisher is sometimes used as a vehicle-mounted weapon onboard fast scout/raider vehicles.
Weight: 16 lbs
MDC: 90
Range:
(Power Bolt)2,600 ft
(Ballistic Fire)1,100 ft
(Meteor)2,000 ft
(Wind Blast)5,000 ft
(Anti-Magic Cloud) 1,000 ft
(Earthquake) 320 ft
(Collapse)200 ft
(Firequake) 500 ft
(River of Lava) 120 ft
(Annihilate)1,500 ft
Damage:
(Power Bolt) 5d6+20 MD per blast
(Ballistic Fire)1d6 MD per shot and shoots 10 bolts, targets are -10 to dodge
(Meteor) 1d6x10+20 MD to a 40 ft radius, +4 to strike
(Wind Blast)2d4x10+30 MD per blast, plus knockdown effects
(Anti-Magic Cloud) Covers a 1,000 ft radius(thus shooters are advised to back away immediately from the area of effect if they wish to continue using their weapon) in a persistent magic-disruptive cloud. Affects spell magic, technowizardry(all the more reason for the shooter to back out quickly, or carry non-TW weaponry, charms, and potions. Only runes and traditional magical weapons are unaffected. Only a special unmodified save of 18-20 will save magic users from being affected, and even on a successful save, their magic will be HALF strength. The effects persist for 50 minutes.
(Earthquake) 600 ft long area of effect, doing 2d6x100 MD per melee at the epicenter, for ten melees. Generates a fissure 600 ft long, doing damage to everything within 100 ft on either side of it.
(Collapse) Collapses buildings and structures within 1d4+1 melee rounds. PPE cost varies from 45 PPE for small SDC houses, to 200 PPE for large MDC skyscrapers. Depending on the size of the structure, the building gets a saving throw to remain standing(small SDC shacks get a -10 to save, while at the other extreme, MDC skyscrapers get a +10 to save). See the description on pg. 147 of Rifts Book of Magic for full details.
(Firequake)100 ft radius of effect breaks out in rumbling, cracking ground. Those traveling in the area are forced to reduce speed to 10% of normal. those without eye and respiratory protection will be -9 to dodge/strike/parry, -5 to initiative, and lose 1 APM due to sulfuric vapors. Roll to dodge once per melee or take 5d6 MD from jets of flame shooting up from the ground(large creatures/vehicles/robots 20 ft long/tall or larger take TRIPLE damage).
(River of Lava) Creates a lane of lava 60 ft wide and 10 ft wide/deep; a moat of incinerating molten rock good for blocking the shambling hordes of undead. SDC creatures caught in the molten rock are obliterated. MDC creatures suffer 2d6x10 MD per melee stuck in the magma.
(Annihilate)2d4x100 MD, plus 4d6x10 MD to a 10 ft radius. +3 to strike.
Payload:
(Power Bolt) 10 PPE per shot
(Ballistic Fire) 13 PPE per shot
(Meteor) 38 PPE per shot
(Wind Blast) 20 PPE per shot
(Anti-Magic Cloud) 70 PPE for 50 minutes
(Earthquake) 25 PPE for 10 melees
(Collapse)45-200 PPE per shot
(Firequake) 40 PPE for 10 melees
(River of Lava) 25 PPE for 10 minutes
(Annihilate) 300 PPE per shot
PPE Capacity:(Max)----300 PPE battery capacity; recharges at 2 PPE per hour, 10 PPE/hour at a leyline, 20 PPE/hour on a nexus or in a dimensional pyramid
Special Features:
*-Targeting Module Package:---This sophisticated, precision sensor package is one of the most compact scope mounts to be produced by PS. In itself, it’s worthy of production; first seen mounted on the Maximus but later adapted for other PS-made weapons, it makes for a lethal combination of power and accuracy.
Telescopic Optics
Passive Night Vision
Thermo-Imaging
Laser Targeting: +1 to strike
PPE Sensor---Thanks to advanced micro-chip engineering expertise, PS has managed to get the size of the system down to compact enough to fit into the rifle module. The sensor has a 200 ft range(out to 400 ft with 50% error in determination), 60-degree arc, and can detect invisible entities. Othe penalties similar to the Japanese SNARLS system(on which it is based.....see Rifts: Japan, pg. 116).
IR/Normal Light Spotlight-----300 ft range.
Optional Smart Gun Link---Can be fitted for a ‘Smart Gun’ link or any other targetting interfacing.

*PPE Clip Adapter----Developed to address the shortcoming of the Regenerator-series in that once the PPE reservoir is exhausted, the weapon is essentially useless until the crystal recharges or a mage or psychic pumps in their own PPE/ISP. This handy device clips to the cylinder, saddle-stye, and allows the weapon to draw from an attached PS- or allied-manufacture PPE clip. Note that the Regenerator cannot RECHARGE an attached empty PPE clip; the power draw is strictly one-way.
Cost: 2,760,000 credits
(Would cost twice that, but PS mass-production techniques slash the cost, and the company gives the GNEAS a hefty discount on procurement)
Options:
*Mystic Marksmanship(3 PPE for a single shot)---Gives a +3 to an aimed or called shot. Cost: 9,000 credits

*Safety Bonding---This insures that the weapon can ONLY be used by specific people. Using a ritual performed in-shop which requires all the people to be trusted with the weapon be present to contribute a single drop of blood that is pressed into the grip in the ritual, the weapon is effectively ‘safetied’ and will fire ONLY for those people.

*Self-Destruct---Given the sheer power of the Demolisher, many services and operators see fit to wire the weapon with a concealed ‘deadman switch’ or anti-tampering charge to prevent the rifle from falling into the wrong hands. Typically this consists of a fusion block concealed in the buttstock, exploding if certain trigger events take place(varies; could consist of the weapon being removed from the authorized user’s body...as determined by proximity to a ‘smart chip’...or could be a non-bonded person attempting to access its functions).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”