Madhaven® Questions and Comments Thread

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Not to break up the party, but isn't it about time to cut this thread loose (i.e. un-sticky it), so that a new sticky (D-Bees of North America Question & Comment thread) can be put in its place?

~ Josh
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Not to break up the party, but isn't it about time to cut this thread loose (i.e. un-sticky it), so that a new sticky (D-Bees of North America Question & Comment thread) can be put in its place?

~ Josh

Yeah, then we can start talking about how Josh put all his awesome into books we haven't SEEN yet, and we're just now getting his dregs and suck. :lol:
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

MrNexx wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Not to break up the party, but isn't it about time to cut this thread loose (i.e. un-sticky it), so that a new sticky (D-Bees of North America Question & Comment thread) can be put in its place?

~ Josh

Yeah, then we can start talking about how Josh put all his awesome into books we haven't SEEN yet, and we're just now getting his dregs and suck. :lol:

Exactly.

:lol:

~ Josh
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

MrNexx wrote:

~ Josh

I've read Josh's Posts and I'm pretty sure the man has no Awesome. He might even have an allergic reaction to Awesome.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Library Ogre

rat_bastard wrote:
MrNexx wrote:

~ Josh

I've read Josh's Posts and I'm pretty sure the man has no Awesome. He might even have an allergic reaction to Awesome.

So, you're saying Josh is the anti-Awesome?

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

MrNexx wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
MrNexx wrote:

~ Josh

Wow, allergic to Awesome....
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

dark brandon wrote:
MrNexx wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:I've read Josh's Posts and I'm pretty sure the man has no Awesome. He might even have an allergic reaction to Awesome.

Wow, allergic to Awesome....

Hopefully he is using all or most his "Awesome" for the swamp books.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

dark brandon wrote:Wow, allergic to Awesome....

we've gamed with a couple of guys like that.

oh and you can unsticky this any time you guys want. apparently everyone knows everything there is to know about Rifts Madhaven.
Library Ogre

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
dark brandon wrote:Wow, allergic to Awesome....

we've gamed with a couple of guys like that.

oh and you can unsticky this any time you guys want. apparently everyone knows everything there is to know about Rifts Madhaven.

Openings that obvious and easy should be made illegal.

All Palladium Articles
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Josh is not allegergic to awesome. If he is, its a total different allergy than the kind possessed by the guys we used to game with. They were black holes of anti-awesome. Thats why they don't game with us.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Writing the Shemarrian ASB has made me really pick the minds of artificial intelligences, including neural intelligences. Thus, I couldn't let that question go unanswered as soon as I saw it (even though I knew it would likely be answered in a few hours).

~ Josh

Will Shemarrian ASB tells us why the Shemarrian/Archie is trading with the mutants of Madhaven? or Is that a just because it is written it is so.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Josh Sinsapaugh

abtex wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Writing the Shemarrian ASB has made me really pick the minds of artificial intelligences, including neural intelligences. Thus, I couldn't let that question go unanswered as soon as I saw it (even though I knew it would likely be answered in a few hours).

~ Josh

Will Shemarrian ASB tells us why the Shemarrian/Archie is trading with the mutants of Madhaven? or Is that a just because it is written it is so.

Though I don't mention that particular example, I do mention why they do small scale trade with wilderness folk in general (the mutants falling into that category).

~ Josh
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

abtex wrote:

~ Josh

recycling? for a small outlay of weapons and equipment, ARCHIE gains access to large amounts of scrap metal and ceramics to supply his factories. the mutants can grab that from just about any rubble pile in the city, and it means archie does not have to establish big obvious mining sites that show his existance. and anyone who discovers the mutants doing it will assume the shemarrians are just using the scrap to make their own weapons and armor.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

I ask a question and got some answers. Thanks
abtex wrote:Will Shemarrian ASB tells us why the Shemarrian/Archie is trading with the mutants of Madhaven? or Is that a just because it is written it is so.

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Though I don't mention that particular example, I do mention why they do small scale trade with wilderness folk in general (the mutants falling into that category).

Ok.
glitterboy2098 wrote:recycling? for a small outlay of weapons and equipment, ARCHIE gains access to large amounts of scrap metal and ceramics to supply his factories. the mutants can grab that from just about any rubble pile in the city, and it means archie does not have to establish big obvious mining sites that show his existance. and anyone who discovers the mutants doing it will assume the shemarrians are just using the scrap to make their own weapons and armor.

If ARCHIE is trying to stay hidden. He would be mining the sea bed for resources. Not enough mutants to make large scale 'mining'. His robots can do that or maybe help mutants after the "find". Must be looking for something small or a location of something that he needs to stop from being found. Source of nanites. His old company New York headquarters.

Shemarrians needing high quality scrap maybe.

Information about the mutant scouting parties or Horume Pirates and the Slavers?

RoadWarriorFWaNK

Re: Madhaven® Questions and Comments Thread

The_Livewire wrote:Excuse the threadomancy, but I'm unable to find the answer and thought that I'd just add it here rather than start a new thread.

For the Pseudomen, does the Angelic Beauty 'trump' any of the other physical mutations? Say, a pseduo-man has Angelic Beauty and Superior intellect?

I'm thinking of a character concept of a pseudoman who travels with a Knight of the White Rose, and has the Angelic Beauty and also 'silky soft and bronze' skin traits. So I was trying to visualize if he looks normal human skin colour, or if he has the bronze coloured skin and looks like an attractive version of Rodan's Thinker.

I did enjoy Madhaven (an the extra info in the Rifter) a great deal.

thanks, glad you liked it.

I would say that whatever the character's other mutations are, the Angelic Beauty takes precedent. He would be a bronzed beauty. Like someone who spends most of their time in a tanning booth. Or literally a bronze color, like the character were made out of metal. Either way, he's gorgeous.
RoadWarriorFWaNK

The_Livewire wrote:Number crunching I find it funny that a Pseudo-man with the great speed and reflexes trait will make him the equal to a crazy (minus the psionics). Given the attitude some of the mutants have for 'normal' humans, it makes an amusing hook for a mutant outside Madhaven. "You may think of me as one of your 'crazies', well without the psionics, the need for mechanical enhancement and the insanities."

yeah, Madhaven Mutants are pretty sweet.
livewire
Wanderer

Unread post by livewire »

ok maybe i missed it somewhere but is there a reason that knights of the white rose gain spells differently (by differently i mean they top out at lv 6 and only get 2 per lv) than mystics in RUE? is it because there are a cut an paste from fed of magic (which is pre RUE) or is there some specific reason for it?
and depending on the answer to this should they be modified to match RUE mystics as far as spell progression. If so, are there any other areas that should be adjust to match the RUE version
the world would be a better place if more people played rpg's lol
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

livewire wrote:ok maybe i missed it somewhere but is there a reason that knights of the white rose gain spells differently (by differently i mean they top out at lv 6 and only get 2 per lv) than mystics in RUE? is it because there are a cut an paste from fed of magic (which is pre RUE) or is there some specific reason for it?
and depending on the answer to this should they be modified to match RUE mystics as far as spell progression. If so, are there any other areas that should be adjust to match the RUE version

Because they are not mystics. They are Mystic KNIGHTS. So, they learn to use their abilities and hone their powers in different ways than normal mystics.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
livewire
Wanderer

The Galactus Kid wrote:
livewire wrote:ok maybe i missed it somewhere but is there a reason that knights of the white rose gain spells differently (by differently i mean they top out at lv 6 and only get 2 per lv) than mystics in RUE? is it because there are a cut an paste from fed of magic (which is pre RUE) or is there some specific reason for it?

Because they are not mystics. They are Mystic KNIGHTS. So, they learn to use their abilities and hone their powers in different ways than normal mystics.

i had a feeling that was the reasoning but just wanted to make sure esp. as i saw the post about the TW stuff not being up to date with RUE. Thanks

another question though, i noticed on here that the Impervious to energy does not apply to a knights armor. So here is my other question, it says mystic knights can ride the war bird and even have a special detachment "The Rose's Thorn" and it says the knights are impervious to the mystical aura when the war bird goes into combat mode and so can ride them without damage or difficulty. So i guess the real question is do they ride the war birds in the buff? or do they just burn though a set of armor from the aura burning a hole in it every time they go into combat?
livewire
Wanderer

The_Livewire wrote:While naked knights riding into combat might be amusing, I'm pretty sure that it's assumed the aura extends to their fear.

(Feel like I'm talking to myself)

i am assuming you meant rear not fear, so that begs the question if it covers their rear through armor, which it would also have to protect their hands and legs esp the insides of them were they are gripping the sides of the bird and during a dive they would surely lean down over the back of the bird to reduce air drag and it would need to cover the front? then why not the rest of them? if the impervious to energy works on their armor in these cases then why not when they get shot by a laser beam??? it makes no sense.

and yes there is an odd feeling of talking to ones self :?
RoadWarriorFWaNK

livewire wrote:another question though, i noticed on here that the Impervious to energy does not apply to a knights armor. So here is my other question, it says mystic knights can ride the war bird and even have a special detachment "The Rose's Thorn" and it says the knights are impervious to the mystical aura when the war bird goes into combat mode and so can ride them without damage or difficulty. So i guess the real question is do they ride the war birds in the buff? or do they just burn though a set of armor from the aura burning a hole in it every time they go into combat?

Impervious to Energy is one of those things that doesn't make much sense no matter how you interpret it. I would run it however feels the most comfortable to you.

Return to “Rifts®”