So what next?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What is next for Nightbane?

More source material for the rest of the known world?
15%
More material for the Astral Kindoms?
2%
More about the mysterious Celetrial Kindoms of the Guardians?
2%
More Talents?
10%
More Morphus Tables?
5%
More about the other cities of the world?
24%
More rumors and theories about the Nightbane?
2%
A BTS view of the Nightbane?
5%
A little of everything?
34%

Total votes: 41

Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

So what next?

Unread post by Zenvis »

I thought that I would address the next idea for a Nightbane book in the form of a pole.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Hopefully fleshing out some more cities as far as the options you have listed go... I would prefer a Nightbane sourcebook for the time line from pre Egyption to modern day. So to play a game throughout history.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

I'd prefer the next Nightbane book to be in the form of a book, not a pole. I think it would be a bit inconvenient to have a pole next to the gaming table, and none too easy to read either. Then again, if it was a thick enough pole you could smack your players upside the head with it if they got out of line...
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:I'd prefer the next Nightbane book to be in the form of a book, not a pole. I think it would be a bit inconvenient to have a pole next to the gaming table, and none too easy to read either. Then again, if it was a thick enough pole you could smack your players upside the head with it if they got out of line...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"...But how did you know my name was Walter?"

As far as your choices go it guess the first one would be the best. Astral Kingdoms are, to me, pretty personal. I mean each GM can create any sort of Astral Kingdom for what ever kind of game they want to run, and at the same time NOT have to deal with any that don't fit in. I guess an astral kingdom book wouldn't be too bad, just doesn't strike me as a good choice for a Nightbane book.

RE: Guardian origins: Like almost everything in Nightbane, i think it's better if it's undefined/mysterious.

There's always room for more talents, but i don't see a need for new morphoses...morphi...mor... Shape tables.

Other cities of the world would be great, Nightlands versions especially.
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

PhishStyx would have voted as follows: Palladium will let the Nightbane line die.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

PhishStyx wrote:
Mike Taylor wrote:PhishStyx would have voted as follows: Palladium will let the Nightbane line die.

Ooh, got it in one. Sadly, it appears to be the truth.

They would let my favorite world die... I kind of wish they would introduce more of Trustrum's stuff that you get a hint of in like Rifters 4 and 5... I think. Were-creatures, and a war between vampires and the such.

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Some parts where cut... I wonder how many letters mailed in would make them consider releasing it in a Rifters. If I didn't get the impression that I would be ignored I would be doing it by myself. If people will send mail with me I will definately do it.

Beelzebozo
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Der Klown Formerly Known as Necromancer Bob

Unread post by Beelzebozo »

Yeah, I think the line is/will be/was dead. There isn't enough room in the game for Big Kev's ego.
Beelzebozo, Your Friendly Neighborhood Clown Demon

"More surprises than getting to third base with a transvestite!"

http://www.eldritchengines.com
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

It seems most of the people that put out books for this game end up not working for Palladium any more. And, since it's my favorite game... that kind of sucks. It would be awesome if CJ Carella came back and did an awesome world book. Also it would be cool if they had novels for the Nightbane world.

Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

So what do we do do make it come back to life? I have been kicking around some ideas about the rest of the world other then the USA. I hope to bring out a compatible BTS goodie that brings out the horror of the nightlands of Europe and Asia and Australia. I hope to bring out the Nightlords of those lands and their counter parts. As of right now its just a figment of my imagination but its alive and kicking.
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
Mike Taylor

PhishStyx wrote:
Mike Taylor wrote:PhishStyx would have voted as follows: Palladium will let the Nightbane line die.

Ooh, got it in one. Sadly, it appears to be the truth.

PhishStyx, I know you pretty well in the area of Nightbane. :)
Mike Taylor

CJ and Jason both do work for Eden Studios and Jason Vey's next book, Dungeons & Zombies is due to be out very soon. Unisystem is the way to go if ya wanna support ol' Jason in the long run. As to Shadows of Light, now that enough time has passed, Jason has seen his mistakes in the first book and has learned from them. He feels that it is overwritten in spots and has actually said this on several occasions.

Phish, you are quite correct in your comparisons of Armageddon and Nightbane. It doesn't take too much of a change to Armageddon's background to turn it into a possible future of Nightbane.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Mike Taylor wrote:CJ and Jason both do work for Eden Studios and Jason Vey's next book, Dungeons & Zombies is due to be out very soon. Unisystem is the way to go if ya wanna support ol' Jason in the long run. As to Shadows of Light, now that enough time has passed, Jason has seen his mistakes in the first book and has learned from them. He feels that it is overwritten in spots and has actually said this on several occasions.

Phish, you are quite correct in your comparisons of Armageddon and Nightbane. It doesn't take too much of a change to Armageddon's background to turn it into a possible future of Nightbane.

He never said they where over written to me... from what I've been told about the deleted material I would definately want to use most of the info.

I've been wanting to get a witchcraft game started, but I can't find any of the source books... I hope they go 2nd edition with the books so I can pick them up. Or, if they could re-release them. Also, I wouldn't mind picking up Armagedon, but I'm hoping for a soft cover release just because of my cheapness.

Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Reign of Tears wrote:Nice to see someone else agrees about the Armageddon game. I am a huge fan of CJ's and feel fortunate to have a signed cover print of the game when it was still Nightspawn. i would LOVE for him to be able to come back and work on NB again

Damn... that's a collectors item to be proud of. Normally I couldn't care less about a signiture, but I have really been impressed by CJ's creativity. And, he makes an awesome dark adventure role playing game.

KromeLizard
D-Bee

Unread post by KromeLizard »

Specter wrote:
Mike Taylor wrote:CJ and Jason both do work for Eden Studios and Jason Vey's next book, Dungeons & Zombies is due to be out very soon. Unisystem is the way to go if ya wanna support ol' Jason in the long run. As to Shadows of Light, now that enough time has passed, Jason has seen his mistakes in the first book and has learned from them. He feels that it is overwritten in spots and has actually said this on several occasions.

He never said they where over written to me... from what I've been told about the deleted material I would definately want to use most of the info.

I've been wanting to get a witchcraft game started, but I can't find any of the source books... I hope they go 2nd edition with the books so I can pick them up. Or, if they could re-release them. Also, I wouldn't mind picking up Armagedon, but I'm hoping for a soft cover release just because of my cheapness.
You know you can download Witchcraft for free online from Eden's website, right?
Mike Taylor

Yeah, but only until the new print run comes out in August.
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Ummm Kromey... it's me your talking to. And, yes I have it downloaded on two computers, but would want a hard copy if I was going to GM it. *looks at laptop that actually works*
unless.... hey that's a brilliant idea Kromey I could put it on my laptop so I won't have to buy the main book. Is it the same system White Wolf uses? Exalted is looking more and more cool each time I see it.

gaby
Knight

So what next

Unread post by gaby »

I am hoping for two New Nightbane Books

(1)On ther Major cities Around the world.
It tell what the NightLords outside of U.S do.
They are not directly in the View of ther King like the U.S,s Nightlords are.
It can also say What the Governments of other countries are doing against the Nightlords and thers the Nightbane who live in them Too.

(2) The other thing I hope is a Book on the Top Nightlords in North America. in shadow of south site it said north america is slit in betweenthe top 9 Nightlords.
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

well, I hope it would be more on the world, especially Europe, Africa and Asia....we have plenty of talents and morphus-tables already, so plz no more!

besides all that, I guess we can mail our wishes to Santa cause NB will not be supported anymore by PB...just my 50eurocents,

Vid
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
gaby
Knight

Re: So what next?

Unread post by gaby »

I like to see books on Us cities.
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

I voted cities, but what I would like to see is more of the world (both sides of Earth) and more fleshing out of the Preserver Party (which I'm doing in my game at this moment).

Looking at Armageddon, I don't think CJ's coming back for any Nightbane upates...it's basically the same thing as Nightbane in tone.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Well, I hate to burst your bubbles... oh who am I kidding, no I don't. For those of you who think the Nightbane line is dead you are wrong, plain and simple... and I'm immensely happy to be one of the reasons for that as I want to see new material just as much as you guys do. So much so that I stepped forward to write it and plan to continue to do so. As a matter of fact, I was just talking with Kev and some of the fans at VisionCon this past weekend about the book that's sitting on my hard drive. Dark Designs will wrap up some creative loose ends for me that wouldn't have fit into the Nightbane Survival Guide. After that, Irvin and I have quite a bit of material we want to write for the line spanning most of the poll entries above. :wink:

So fear not, more is on the way. Unfortunately it's a little slow in coming with Irvin tackling the Robotech line and me trying to power through my last semester of grad school. Luckily, there's nothing like being around the fans for a while and seeing how bad they want new material. I certainly don't want to let you guys down.

As far as Shadows of Light I'll go out on a limb and say that you'll NEVER see that manuscript. There were several problems with the book and even the highly rewritten version is something that Kevin now regrets putting out. As far as C.J. coming back and writing for Palladium that ship likely sailed long ago. I love the original material he wrote for the line (honestly, I wouldn't be writing for a line I didn't love... and I have my own Nightspawn book and poster signed by C.J.) and am honored to be carrying the torch forward. I know that some of you will probably dislike what's to come, but the vast majority (like 98%) of the feedback we've gotten on the Survival Guide was ridiculously positive and the few fans I've discussed my concepts for future material with told me they can't wait to see it.

So, to all you fans of the original material: I hope you'll hang in there and give us a chance to put out material that you'll love just as much if not more than what's come before. The Nightbane Survival Guide was only the beginning. :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

Warwolf wrote:Well, I hate to burst your bubbles... oh who am I kidding, no I don't. For those of you who think the Nightbane line is dead you are wrong, plain and simple... and I'm immensely happy to be one of the reasons for that as I want to see new material just as much as you guys do. So much so that I stepped forward to write it and plan to continue to do so. As a matter of fact, I was just talking with Kev and some of the fans at VisionCon this past weekend about the book that's sitting on my hard drive. Dark Designs will wrap up some creative loose ends for me that wouldn't have fit into the Nightbane Survival Guide. After that, Irvin and I have quite a bit of material we want to write for the line spanning most of the poll entries above. :wink:

So fear not, more is on the way. Unfortunately it's a little slow in coming with Irvin tackling the Robotech line and me trying to power through my last semester of grad school. Luckily, there's nothing like being around the fans for a while and seeing how bad they want new material. I certainly don't want to let you guys down.

As far as Shadows of Light I'll go out on a limb and say that you'll NEVER see that manuscript. There were several problems with the book and even the highly rewritten version is something that Kevin now regrets putting out. As far as C.J. coming back and writing for Palladium that ship likely sailed long ago. I love the original material he wrote for the line (honestly, I wouldn't be writing for a line I didn't love... and I have my own Nightspawn book and poster signed by C.J.) and am honored to be carrying the torch forward. I know that some of you will probably dislike what's to come, but the vast majority (like 98%) of the feedback we've gotten on the Survival Guide was ridiculously positive and the few fans I've discussed my concepts for future material with told me they can't wait to see it.

So, to all you fans of the original material: I hope you'll hang in there and give us a chance to put out material that you'll love just as much if not more than what's come before. The Nightbane Survival Guide was only the beginning. :)

To be fair, gaby did resurrect a thread that hadn't been posted on for 7 1/2 years, so this thread does not take nbsg into account
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

I voted "A little bit of Everything" because I want to see:
1) More info on the other Nations of the world.
2) The Major Cities of The USA, Canada, Mexico, Britain, the EU, Africa, Asia, and Australia-What Nightlord control which area, and what is the Nightlands Version of that city called? At least this much, please!
3) The Guardians could use a bit of NBSG style treatment regarding thier mysterious origins-What the leading theories of each Major Faction say about our little, glowing "friends".
4) Speaking of Guardians, what about THIER perspective on everything? Do they have any special tactics that they teach the newbies? Long term strategies thet are being implimented by the Lightbringers? More Guardian based info as to population distribution, like how many can be reasonably expexted in New York City, or London, or Melbourne, or Addis Ababba?
5) Don't really need NEW Morphus Tables...Just a Master Table to unify the set that we have in the Cannon Books, please!!! Please? What if I promise to protect KS from his Doppleganger?!?!
6) Psionics got a GREAT treatment in WB 2: Between the Shadows, but I'd like to see more of what the "Kings of the Mind" are planning around the world.
7) Magic also got A+ treatment in WB 3: Through the Glass Darkly, still I want to see how the various Sorcerous Orders are reacting to Dark Day and the secrets of it that they must have uncovered by now. Are there any plans from the Iron Band to attack the Nightlords? Or Jion them perhaps???

Thank you,
GaredBattlespike
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Jedrious wrote:To be fair, gaby did resurrect a thread that hadn't been posted on for 7 1/2 years, so this thread does not take nbsg into account

Holy CRAP! Now that's some thread necromancy... well, still, those folks were wrong (thankfully). And what I said about hitting most of the above still holds true, as does the fact that I'm not planning on going anywhere. In fact, I'm keyed up again to try and finish off Dark Designs after VisionCon... now if only I could find the time. :?
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

Arise ye thread of old!

But I would like to see more world info: how are the 'Bane and their factions doing in Japan? France? What are the Nightlords up to there? How is life in London now? Cool stuff like that.

What I can do without is more morphus tables. Are they fun and quirky? Yep. But we have a lot of them and they tend to take up page count that I would rather see used for fluff.

That's just my dos pesos.
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
Zenvis

Unread post by Zenvis »

I agree. Less Morphus tables and more about the world. I want to know about the metropolises of the world and the factions (and sub-factions) that live in them. I believe that we have enough base with the 4 (or 5) books that we have.
Last edited by Zenvis on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I would very much like to see a book based on the British Isles and the NB/NL influences.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

Holy crap... was it this thread that summoned me back.

Return to “Nightbane®”