Skeleton Knight

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Blackbunny2
Wanderer

Skeleton Knight

Unread post by Blackbunny2 »

So making a skeleton knight char(nightbane), how would you rule on the massive SDC this char could have? Bones = 5d6x10 sdc bonus + enchanted knight 2d6x10+45 sdc... I actually dont mind his(player) char being a sdc juggernaut, but I need something to balance it? maybe holy weapons and fire do double dmg? Any ideas?

Cheers from Norway!
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Skeleton Knight

Unread post by Shark_Force »

well, what else does he have? if all he has is lots of SDC, then it's no big deal. having huge defense is nice, but just means you're the last one to die because everyone would rather focus on the guy with the crazy powerful offense.
Galroth
Adventurer

Unread post by Galroth »

Blackbunny2 wrote:So making a skeleton knight char(nightbane), how would you rule on the massive SDC this char could have? Bones = 5d6x10 sdc bonus + enchanted knight 2d6x10+45 sdc... I actually dont mind his(player) char being a sdc juggernaut, but I need something to balance it? maybe holy weapons and fire do double dmg? Any ideas?

Cheers from Norway!

I wouldn't handicap him anymore than just making him the most obvious first glance target. So when a group of enemies is looking for the most dangerous target to take down he's the first thing that jumps out at them. Then in subsequent rounds I'd have them refocus if one of the other players was actually more dangerous to them.
Blackbunny2
Wanderer

Well hes lvl 1 and he chose the speed darkling talent, So besides the massive SDC, there isnt really anything "remarkable" besides that. Well, hes big and in armor so guess hes a obvious meatshield! Just make him the focus off the enemy? Good solutions! Thanx for the input!
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

I'd have to say he'd be very noisy as well, with all the clinking of bones and armor...so as an added bonus enemies might not notice any stealthier types. The noisy sound of his approach might also affect a feeling of dread and menace.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Awesome NB-Characteristics BTW !!
Easy, not powerful really.

I would as ST offer him the Holy Weapon or a Biomechanical Weapon Hands characteristic to go with his character. Feels like he needs an Innate melee weapon to me to complete the concept out.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Blackbunny2
Wanderer

Haha, Great minds think alike. We gave him a holy weapon from the morphus table... A big ass executioners sword
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

Rider wrote:
Blackbunny2 wrote:hes lvl 1 and he chose the speed darkling talent
I am wondering what book this is from, I don't remember it from main or WB 1-3, is it Rifter or internet?

It's in Nightbane Survival Guide
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

The Last Darkness wrote:
Blackbunny2 wrote:So making a skeleton knight char(nightbane), how would you rule on the massive SDC this char could have? Bones = 5d6x10 sdc bonus + enchanted knight 2d6x10+45 sdc... I actually dont mind his(player) char being a sdc juggernaut, but I need something to balance it? maybe holy weapons and fire do double dmg? Any ideas?

Cheers from Norway!

Huh so someone missed the errata that states its +5d6 sdc and not x10 right?
Makes me think of ....
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/025/b/0/Skull_Knight_by_flangeloni.jpg

I generaly dont see much problem unless a bane gets around 800 sdc or more.

You say that like Errata is presented in a clear and accessible manner
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Errata does not matter, unless the book itself in later printing change it to just 5d6 (no x10).
Until then "Errata" is not offical to me. Its just online suggestions until printed in a book. IMHO.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Specter
Adventurer

Unread post by Specter »

There is no reason to nerf the guy. I mean a little extra sdc won't matter when the pack of hounds drop.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!

Return to “Nightbane®”