Ok; POP QUIZ - FIVE WORST MONSTER MOVIES.

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Holister
Adventurer

Ok; POP QUIZ - FIVE WORST MONSTER MOVIES.

Unread post by Holister »

Ok, here it is. We are already discussing our favorites from the monster genre. Now how about the absolute worst shlock fests you ever had to sit through. I'm looking for you worst Top 5.

And while we are at it, name your Top 5 WORST Pally monsters {in your opinion of course}. :-D

1) Carnosaur - All all them including the "4th one" they tried to call Raptor. Seriously? How many times can you make a movie from the same damn film. All of them are the same movie. And they all sucked. :roll:

2) The Stuff - This movie monster was ment to be more a social comintary than a "monster flick". Seriously? Killer Yogurt. Why not killer Tofu. Which leads to my next choice...

3) Killer Tomatoes - WHY? Sure they were funny. But when was the last time you went to open a can of tomatoes and thought, " I wonder if this thing is going to jump out and attack me?"

4) Creature from The Haunted Sea - So I thought it was going to be a legit monster movie. Boy was I wrong. Its good for a few laughs though.

5) Drainiac - Ok, I like the Pally version of elementals, so I figured I would give this one a shot. WRONG!? This one was horrible, but it makes you think twice before going to the bathroom in a haunted house ever again.

Dis-Honorable Mentions

*) Any GHOULIES movies after the first one. It is my guilty shame to admit I enjoy The Ghoulies. The remind of Gremins or the Tazmanian Devils from "Boxed Nightmares". But they just got goofy after the first film. The fourth one was just gawd-awful and they weren't even in it.

*) Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Another guilty pleasure. I laughed myself silly after watching this one. I suppose if the characters have Clownophobia this scenario would scare the hell out of them though.

*) The Giant Spider Invasion. Have you ever seen the movie poster for this one. One would think "Damn! This looks like it is going to be a great movie! " Then you actually watch it. I suppose story wise it would be a good scenario if you are using a Death Weaver spider.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Re: Ok; POP QUIZ - FIVE WORST MONSTER MOVIES.

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Two of the worst movie monsters off the top of my head.

1. The stupid aliens from Signs who invade what to them would be an acid planet...all with hand to hand fighting only. "C'mon you slimey morons...I got a mouth full of spit and a 12 gauge!"

2. The killer plants from The Happening...ugh suicidal hayfever.
Last edited by MurderCityDisciple on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Holister
Adventurer

Unread post by Holister »

Two Words

TROLL 2
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

1) ANY SYFI (I still hate that name) PRESENTATION.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Attack of the Giant Leeches,Jesse James meets Frankenstein's Daughter,Aliens Vs. Predator,Leprechaun,Lake Placid
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

Holister wrote:Two Words

TROLL 2

"Oh my Gooodddddd!!!!"
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

You say '5 worst monster films' but all I see is '5 awesome comedy films'.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I suppose that I haven't seen any terrible monster movies. None come to mind.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”