What do you want to see in the upcoming Vampire Sourcebook

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

What do you want to see in the upcoming Vampire Sourcebook

Unread post by Sureshot »

Myself I would like to see Reids Rangers, Techno-Wizard Weapons, Werebeasts, Travelling Shows. Camazotz, and the Yucatan. In the case of Reid Rangers I would like to see updated character information with better art. Not just a copy and paste. I would also like to see if anything is done with the potential schism between the good and evil members of RR as listed in the original version. Yes I know tha would mean some metaplot yet if done right would imo make the group more interestingf. You can also keep them united if they do the above. Another thing I would like to see is better illustrations for the water guns. I already found the concept goofy and the even goofier art did nothing to help that.
Last edited by Sureshot on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: What do you see in the upcoming Vampire Sourcebook

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Oh, there's a Vampire Sourcebook coming, too?

Mr. Siembieda, if you or any of your minions are rading this, it would be REALLY appreciated if we get a P.A. 109 Update on Reid's Rangers at least (I'm kinda hoping that a certain Necromancer has met his doom by then).

It was a glaring omission from the Vampires Revised book.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: What do you want to see in the upcoming Vampire Sourcebook

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

I can tell you that I personally updated all the Rangers OCC-wise (including making Planktal Nakton an actual Necromancer, giving Senor Lazarious cyber-armour, and making Carlotta la Blanca a RUE dragon type). Everyone got Spanish names and titles where applicable too because... well... it's Mexico.

Interesting note: by the books, Doc Reid can't have his trademark four arms any more because, as of RUE, partial conversion borgs' body frames cannot support additional limbs (he still has them though, via a litle tweaking. There was no way that he couldn't ;) )

HOWEVER, I did nothing with their personal story lines, instead leaving that up to Kevin. They are, after all, his characters, and I didn't feel it was my place to decide who was still alive or not, who was still a Ranger and who had split from the group (if anyone).
Last edited by Braden Campbell on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Sureshot
Champion

I do hope the storylines gets updated. It's all well and good to update the OCCs. I would also like to see an 109 PA update for the RR. Otherwise not much of a reason to get the book imo. Not to mention why not. And if some of the fanbase do not want to see RR divded they can always ignore it.

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Hannibal
Explorer

Unread post by Hannibal »

The last para in the new revised world book tells you exactly what's going to be in the follow-up vamp sourcebook.
Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

Tacos. Most of the action happens in Mexico and the American Southwest. Where are the tacos???
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
Sureshot
Champion

Looonatic wrote:Tacos. Most of the action happens in Mexico and the American Southwest. Where are the tacos???

Don't give them any ideas. All it would take would be for some ley line energy to flood a storehouse full of el paso taco boxes and voila Rifts now has walking talking thinking, breathing Taco Men (tm).

Enlightened Grognard

Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

Sureshot wrote:
Looonatic wrote:Tacos. Most of the action happens in Mexico and the American Southwest. Where are the tacos???

Don't give them any ideas. All it would take would be for some ley line energy to flood a storehouse full of el paso taco boxes and voila Rifts now has walking talking thinking, breathing Taco Men (tm).

Yum! :-D
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

Sureshot wrote:

I hope these Taco Men are aggressive, evil things so that I will not feel bad about slaughtering them en mass and devouring them!
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

I'd like to see:

- Reids Rangers update.
- Yuctan Pennisula described.
- A detailed description of the campagn by every man, women, child, D-bee, monster, and every creeping thing to wipe out the true enemy of Rifts Earth...the Flooper!

*edit*- and more info on Operation Nightowl.
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I would really I to see traveling shows massively expanded, my group has used a carnival as main setting for a decade with 50 well defined npcs. It's was easier to bring along a travel town and remember people than the town to town adventures with npcs we'll only chat with3 times or less. A traveling show can be more useful than most towns if player pump cash in to the resources and playing along with the show can be a blast. We got lost of good ideas from watching HBO Carnivàle and use them in our campaign
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Reid's Rangers is pretty much 100% of why I'll be getting it. The glaring omission from the Revised Vamp Kingdom's book sort of has me tweeked. I get the 'why'. From a marketing standpoint you put it in the second book to ensure the second purchase.. but from a consumer standpoint.. i'd have much prefered them in the first.

That being said. I'll buy it. I look forward to the RR and hope very seriously that the metaplot has gone forward.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Reid's Rangers is pretty much 100% of why I'll be getting it. The glaring omission from the Revised Vamp Kingdom's book sort of has me tweeked. I get the 'why'. From a marketing standpoint you put it in the second book to ensure the second purchase.. but from a consumer standpoint.. i'd have much prefered them in the first.

That being said. I'll buy it. I look forward to the RR and hope very seriously that the metaplot has gone forward.
Yes.

For me, it's ALL about seeing how Reid's Rangers have been updated.

(And it's interesting to note how, in the firt Book, Doc Reid says that he's never worked with a Dragon. Oversight on the part of the book's author, or diabolically clever writing on the part of the book's author to be conscious of the history of the Rangers in keeping Carlotta's existence a secret to the rest of the world -to the point that Doc Reid doesn't even say that he's ever worked with a Dragon, at all??)

Also, I want to see if Doc Reid has, like early villains ARCHIE-Three and Lord Frommalaine, gone up at least a notch or two in the alignment department.

Also....I want that necromancer DEAD! (or at least exiled from the group!)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

cornholioprime wrote:Also....I want that necromancer DEAD! (or at least exiled from the group!)

Why? His immunity to vampires and ability to call/control the undead make him quite valuable to a mostly selfish/evil aligned team.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Hopefully the Psystalker pair have killed him and 'eaten' him by now. lol

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...

Return to “Rifts®”