The Good, The Bad, and The Alignment Shift.

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Specter
Adventurer

The Good, The Bad, and The Alignment Shift.

Unread post by Specter »

I've enjoyed getting a Heroes Unlimited game going on a semi weekly basis this month. This gives me an over all fix for gaming and has distracted me from certain negative things in my life. It gives me something to look forward to. Now one of the players is... interesting? He says a lot of things seemingly with the intention of causing trouble or hurting gameplay... or it could just be awesome.

For example: He accused one of the world's most powerful superheroes (Hellstar) in this game world of being gay and that the whole Power Squad was in fact homosexual.

After a gravity manipulator enforcer was knocked out he decided to grab him by the legs and slam him into a concrete wall... all the other characters were like "whoa whoa!" "dude, I think that'd be murder."

The characters were questioning a motel manager where the Power Squad's butler was murdered as they were following up on leads for a missing magical weapon. He suddenly grabs the guy slams his head onto the counter and starts screaming "where's Harvey Dent!?"

Lastly, the only female gamer who is also the one who will keep her husband playing and keeping me with a full group totally murdered a supervillian... should I enforce the whole alignment thing or just let them have there fun? Bah, I'll totally let them have there fun.
My dragon juicer died because of magical sock puppets. - ash_wednesday

hell id go on spectors pods- Cherico

keep Specter's ass out of my general area when he fells naked- Rayven

Specter "the poopy pants man"-CyberPaladin85

http://beautifuldiscord.blogspot.com My Poetry/Short Stories I want you to comment!
Nightmask
Palladin

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Alignment Shift.

Unread post by Nightmask »

Were they actually signed on to play HEROES? Doesn't sound like much of a heroic nature going on there, more Punisher and the more evil incarnations of Batman being played out.

As far as alignment shifts go, unless you're outwardly displaying the negative aspects of an evil alignment or have a magic item that depends on a particular alignment to be useful imposing such a shift doesn't have much obvious affect on game play. No level losses or other concrete game problems beyond what they incur from behavior that attracts other actual heroes to deal with them, or for the players who still have actual good heroes to have to deal with a group breaking up over it or suffering their own 'Start of Darkness' because of it.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I'd say enforce the alignment shift if it fits with the game you're playing. If you're just having fun with supers and the maniacal streak isn't relevant to the story then let them go crazy. It really depends on what you want from the game and how their actions affect it (or not).
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

It depends, if the character happens to have an insanity that causes their behavior, then it might not effect their overall alignment. Otherwise, enforce it, it give them a clue that they are acting wrong
csyphrett
Adventurer

Unread post by csyphrett »

If you are not enforcing alignment, don't worry about it.

If you are enforcing alignment, the players get a warning at least then you have to zap them.

Secondly, some heroes don't like big mouths mouthing off.
CES

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”