Archie VS the Vampire Kingdoms... Who wins, Who loses?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Archie vs VAmpire Kingdoms Who wins, Who loses?

Archie Wins.
61%
The Vampires Win.
11%
Archie Loses.
3%
The Vampires Lose.
6%
Splynncryth defeats them all.
19%

Total votes: 36

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Re: Archie VS the Vampire Kingdoms... Who wins, Who loses?

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

SkyeFyre wrote:Just to clarify one thing. Archie cannot make Mechanoid Wasps. Wasps are true Mechanoids. Archie can only make their robots, such as the Thinman, the runt, and the assault pod (I'm pretty sure it's a 'bot)

its possible archie could make robot versions of the mechinoid wasps
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

Not denying that he could. Just making sure that the poster who put that he can, was aware that the only Mechanoid tech he can make by canon were the bots.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

SkyeFyre wrote:Not denying that he could. Just making sure that the poster who put that he can, was aware that the only Mechanoid tech he can make by canon were the bots.

i think KS might have over looked that
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Dr Megaverse wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:
Dr Megaverse wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:
Dr Megaverse wrote:If we are talking about a full scale war against the Vampire Kingdoms then the odds favor the Vampires. If we are talking about removing the Vampire leadership and allowing their city states to self destruct under internal pressure, slave rebellions, etc then I feel ARCHIE has the advantage.

I believe in Merc Ops it explains ARCHIEs production benefits and one of them is he simply requires large amounts of minerals to produce bots in his automated facility. If there is one thing Rifts Earth has it's LOTS of unclaimed mineral resources. With that in mind it's not a huge stretch for ARCHIE to produce literally tens of thousands of bots. Add in the fact that he could have a thousand bots high altitude dropped into the deserts of say southern NM and build a satellite facility to produce said bots without the notice he would attract in the domain of man and he has a good possibility of actually delivering quite a punch to the VAmpire Kingdoms.

He need not outright destroy every vampire either. Using submarines, which one of the most technologically advanced navy's in the world can't track, he could deliver commando forces deep inside Mexico and increase the chance of again delivering quite a blow to the VIs, especially because bots don't show up on the Vampires radar (metaphorically speaking). Air drops into cities would also allow commando forces good chances of hitting VIs. With the VI gone their effectiveness is hampered and no doubt many unwilling slaves would see an opportunity.

With all this in mind, it's going to take tens of thousands of bots per VI and it's going to have high casualty rates. If ARCHIE tries to sweep all the Vampires in a traditional campaign, he's going to lose. With surgical strikes on leadership, supplies, weapon stocks, and een slave stock he's going to win.

The thing is, Archie is completely incapable of doing this. He might be able to make a crapload of bots if he can mine the minerals discretely enough (which in itself is pretty far in the "maybe" category) but what you described is strategy far more advanced than what Archie is capable of.
Even if he did know about the Vampire Intelligences which is something that would fit into the "almost certainly not" category, he wouldn't know how to implement that strategy.

Can I ask WHY he isn't capable? As far as I know everything I listed is within his capabilities as described in cannon sources. ARCHIE can make Mechanoid Wasps which can be his air transport, as listed in SB 2. He can make the submarine I mentioned, Merc Town. Any of the bots from SB1 would be appropriate for this kind of commando attack....

He can make all of the above sure but he can't come up with that strategy. Not unless you showed up and replaced Hagan.

Couldn't you argue that because I can think it up, Hagan could also? I understand that ARCHIE is limited in his information on Vampires but Intelligence gathering is kind of his thing...

Well that is a fair point.
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Markof wrote:on a related but different aspect i allways wondered and hope that you might be abel to enlighten me, lets say we have southern USA with some vamps problems, then we have lower mexico with the VK, and in between we have the northern mexico wasteland hunted by wild vamps...
but how do all those vamps feed ?
vamps are "imortal" so we can assume that they are roaming that part of old mexico for the last 2 or 3 centuries
most of them are wild ones and even if they are cunning predators they lack the smart part of secondary so when they hunt most of the time we can asume that they are going to kill
so lets say that each wild one roaming northern mexico is killing a humanoid every week, that means 50 a year, so if 1000 vamps were hunting in the northern mexico wast land they'd kill 50 000 people a year, but 1 000 wild vamps sounds short to me how can you expect such a huge place to be called vampire plagued with only 1 000, so how many are they ? 10 000 ? more ? 10 000 is going to cost 500 000 lives a year does the mexican wasteland has that kind of population ?

SHHHH! It's not polite to point out cannon inconsistencies! :-P
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

strictly speaking, a vampire doesn't need to feed in order to stay alive. they just need to feed if they want to not go insane with hunger. but it won't kill them to not eat, just turn them into rabid bloodthirsty monsters with no self-control.

also, the amount of blood they need will not necessarily kill someone. of course, that doesn't help much with the wild vampires (which you would figure likely aren't going to restrain themselves), but then, from the perspective of the vampire kingdoms... having thousands (or tens or hundreds of thousands) of ravenous rabid bloodthirsty vampires roaming the desert as a barrier against invasion is a good thing. after all, you don't care if they go insane... their job is to mindlessly attack anything they come across, so keeping them fed would actually be counterproductive. if they're starving, people from the outside are going to be even *more* convinced that vampires aren't organized or intelligent.

Return to “Rifts®”