Rifts Web page

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Rifts Web page

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

I have been working on on my web page and the contenet is very slowly forming up. but there is something else i noticed. The Current page Colours are hard on the eyes. I am looking for ideas on what to change to.
http://www.daimyo-shi.net/rifts/index.html
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
dragonfett
Knight

Re: Rifts Web page

Unread post by dragonfett »

First things first, I would have to say make the header all the same color (the white or blue would be good). I would also make the text that is red a light blue instead.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: With the right gems [a techno-wizard] can make a toaster that resurrects people!

Unread post by Mechanurgist »

>hard on the eyes

Use black text of the same size throughout on a white background. Problem solved. Format your text into paragraphs, except for lists which should be formatted with bullet points. Don't use font sizes smaller than 8 or larger than 11 for your text. Add an introductory paragraph to your page to explain what it's about, who wrote it and what areas of interest it covers. Replace that blue Rifts logo with the standard plain black-and-white logo. Don't use red, blue, green or yellow text colors.
New After the Bomb Adventure: Rendezvous in N'Yak
Old After the Bomb Adventure: Northern Lights
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Mechanurgist wrote:>hard on the eyes

Use black text of the same size throughout on a white background. Problem solved. Format your text into paragraphs, except for lists which should be formatted with bullet points. Don't use font sizes smaller than 8 or larger than 11 for your text. Add an introductory paragraph to your page to explain what it's about, who wrote it and what areas of interest it covers. Replace that blue Rifts logo with the standard plain black-and-white logo. Don't use red, blue, green or yellow text colors.

I thought Black on white text on computers was hard on the eyes too.

Can people look at it again I change the index, it sort of matches the standard of the Forum. How this look?
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

you gotta get rid of the bright green ( ? ) background yowzers....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Try it now then.

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

The current color scheme is much easier on the eyes than the black background was. :ok:
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
sasha
Adventurer

Unread post by sasha »

I vote for black text on white background.
Also you're using the colour for non-visited link that is traditionally used for already-visited link. I wouldn't do that.
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

sasha wrote:I vote for black text on white background.
Also you're using the colour for non-visited link that is traditionally used for already-visited link. I wouldn't do that.

wait there are rules for this? where?

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub

Return to “Rifts®”