Rifts 101-105 PA timeline

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hannibal
Explorer

Rifts 101-105 PA timeline

Unread post by Hannibal »

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone had pulled together a timeline of key events on Rifts Earth from roughly 101-105PA. I'm particularly interested in 105 (months & days as possible of the key CS war events + Juicer uprising, etc)... anyone have something they pulled together from canon that they can share?
Hannibal
Explorer

Re: Rifts 101-105 PA timeline

Unread post by Hannibal »

Thnx for the posted link above, but it's a little dated, so I've been compiling my own timeline.

And, shocker, inconsistent dates galore. I love you guys, Palladium, I really really do, but for pete's sakes, please fix your editing and consistency. I'm actually surprised you guys don't have your own running timeline of key Rifts events.

Two key examples:

Free Quebec World Book, right up front says CS declares war on FQ in September 105. Some of the "reports" make it sound like real hostilities between the two haven't even really escalated by end of November, just a bunch of saber rattling and maybe a couple small skirmishes. But just a few months later, you publish the first book in the Siege of Tolkeen series, and make the start date July 105 for the war against FQ. Say the fighting was hot n' heavy and CS gets bogged down. This date gets repeated in the Aftermath book.

Aftermath is where you also list the Juicer Uprising as being in March 105. However, in Juicer Uprisings, the CS doesn't even make the announcement about the specific Prometheus Treatment until March 105 (in follow-up to the 13 December 104 unspecific announcement that there might be something to prolong juicers), and you say juicers are coming in to Newton for several months before the main betrayal is discovered (as well as desertions by Juicers from posts around the country continue through mid-105). Ergo, Uprising probably in June/July, not March.

Anyway, <3, just wish the canon timeline was cleaner.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”