ammo damage

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

Re: ammo damage

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Currently I'm in the middle of a move but I have been trying to use my copy of "Cartriges of the World" and manufacturers data to crunch the numbers and create what will eventually be a very long list of Calibers and their damages. What erks me is that my paper notes are incomplete and the computer I was writing things up on has died durring my last move.

As far as the weapon the bullet is used from that's less important than alot of people think...shot placement on the other hand.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Desert Rat
Wanderer

Unread post by Desert Rat »

If you find ballistics interesting, you may want to take a look at an out of print book which is available through the resale market (link below) called the Compendium Of Modern Firearms by Kevin Dockery. We all know that not all weapons are created equal. What the author did was go through and look at the weapons ability to group and from there developed a probability table for each weapon to strike at incremental ranges for the Body, Head, Hand and Bulls Eye.

http://www.amazon.com/Compendium-Modern ... 784&sr=8-1
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Isn't the head more difficult to strike than the torso?

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”