kudos to brandon and taylor

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: kudos to brandon and taylor

Unread post by Jorel »

Agreed. Looking farward to Sovietski.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

thanks, we are thrilled that everyone seems to be enjoying the book!
we both plan on writing for Palladium for....well, forever if they let us. Brandon is doing the Sovietski book and I am doing a book for Chaos Earth, so there is definitely more awesomeness to come from the both of us.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Don't feed the freelance writers, the book was merely adequate. With work they may one day create a decent book.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
RoadWarriorFWaNK

rat_bastard wrote:Don't feed the freelance writers, the book was merely adequate. With work they may one day create a decent book.

that is the dream.... :cry:
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I do have a quickie question, I don't have my book with me, but is the 1D6 X 100 for the Black Death Particle Beam cannon it has correct?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Daniel Stoker wrote:I do have a quickie question, I don't have my book with me, but is the 1D6 X 100 for the Black Death Particle Beam cannon it has correct?

Daniel Stoker

I don't have my book with me either, but I believe so.
RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:thanks, we are thrilled that everyone seems to be enjoying the book!
we both plan on writing for Palladium for....well, forever if they let us. Brandon is doing the Sovietski book and I am doing a book for Chaos Earth, so there is definitely more awesomeness to come from the both of us.

I can't wait for this Chaos Earth book. Its one of my favorite Palladium settings, and I have a feeling this is going to rock some faces off.

Jorel wrote:Agreed. Looking farward to Sovietski.

Good!!! This book is going to be alot of fun. New borgs, tech, details on the russian weapon companies, on going struggles between the warlords, but most importantly Details on the Sovietski and their challenges.
duck-foot wrote:i just my copy of triax 2 and i love the book. i good amount of info and with the exception of a few minor things its largely flawless. i love the information section. i am no longer annoyed at not knowing anything about the ngr government. ngr 2 is now my favorite rifts book. i hope brandon and taylor keep writing and producing books for pb.

Thanks Duck-foot. I'm glad that you like it!!! Keep an eye out for some addidtional material in Rifter 51.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Shawn Merrow
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Finished Triax 2 last night and really enjoyed it. :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

rat_bastard wrote:Don't feed the freelance writers, the book was merely adequate. With work they may one day create a decent book.

:lol:

I love your posts when it comes to these guy. Especially because I know it's tounge in cheeck...but that just awesome.
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Hystrix wrote:

I love your posts when it comes to these guy. Especially because I know it's tounge in cheeck...but that just awesome.

I mean every insult I throw at those two, the two of them combined are the worst employee palladium books has ever employed.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

rat_bastard wrote:
Hystrix wrote:

I mean every insult I throw at those two, the two of them combined are the worst employee palladium books has ever employed.

I thought you liked aspects of Triax 2?
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
The Galactus Kid

Hystrix wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Hystrix wrote:

I thought you liked aspects of Triax 2?

He'sa jokester. He does like certain elements.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Unread post by johnkretzer »

Are there not enough threads about how great of a job Brandon and Taylor has done on Triax 2? I mean I agree it is a great book...but too much praise might go to their heads. ;)

I mean right now I am glad that Rat-Bastard is around telling them that they are but mortal. :)

Joking aside congrats on a well written book...I am eagerly waiting to read more Palldium stuff from you guys.
Daniel Stoker
Knight

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:I do have a quickie question, I don't have my book with me, but is the 1D6 X 100 for the Black Death Particle Beam cannon it has correct?

Daniel Stoker

Is there any reason why that couldn't be ported to other vehicles/giant bots like say the Devastator? It seems like something like that would make more sense for the main gun, and I don't think the sizes are to terribly different.

Daniel Stoker
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Just ordered Triax 2 and Mysteries of Magic (finally).

Early/on-time/late Father's day present to myself depending on when it shows up.
-Matt
The Galactus Kid

Daniel Stoker wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Daniel Stoker

Is there any reason why that couldn't be ported to other vehicles/giant bots like say the Devastator? It seems like something like that would make more sense for the main gun, and I don't think the sizes are to terribly different.

Daniel Stoker

If you also port a large enough power source, I don't see why not. If your game allows the players to modify massive pieces of expensive military hardware (which is always more fun) I would allow it. I guess it depends on the officer in charge, and the situation.

Daniel Stoker
Knight

The Galactus Kid wrote:If you also port a large enough power source, I don't see why not. If your game allows the players to modify massive pieces of expensive military hardware (which is always more fun) I would allow it. I guess it depends on the officer in charge, and the situation.

Well I was more thinking of the NGR doing so and if it would be possible with that bot etc.

Daniel Stoker
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Reminds me of Chuin, from The Destroyer. :lol:
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Unread post by Seneca »

I got my copy of Triax 2 and love the book. It is now one of my favorites up their with WB:10 and WB:1. I am actually considering running a Europian adventure for my group now, something i would not have done before due to lack of information on the NGR's society.

But I noticed that Triax's involvment with that town in England that they bought all those pre-rifts artifacts from, or the joint invasion of France with Camelot mentioned in Aftermath, is not expanded on at all under diplomatic relations. What is up with that?
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Danger wrote:

Reminds me of Chuin, from The Destroyer. :lol:

REMO WILLIAMS : THE ADVENTURE BEGINS
Great Movie. Fred Ward is cool.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
The Galactus Kid

duck-foot wrote:hey GK i have to ask, and i am asking because i like your style. ever thought about doing a book on d-bees of europe?

there are going to be some Eurpean specific d-bees in the Sovietski Sourcebook. I also have some other European books in the pipeline that will have some in there too. Once Europe is fleshed out, I would love to see a D-Bees of Europe book published similar to D-bees of North America (which is one of my favorite resources). Taylor has a ton of ideas for Europe too and I'm pretty sure that he will flesh out the d-bee population a bit too.

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

The Galactus Kid wrote:
duck-foot wrote:hey GK i have to ask, and i am asking because i like your style. ever thought about doing a book on d-bees of europe?

there are going to be some Eurpean specific d-bees in the Sovietski Sourcebook. I also have some other European books in the pipeline that will have some in there too. Once Europe is fleshed out, I would love to see a D-Bees of Europe book published similar to D-bees of North America (which is one of my favorite resources). Taylor has a ton of ideas for Europe too and I'm pretty sure that he will flesh out the d-bee population a bit too.

I'm thinking of getting on Kevin's back about D-bees of Europe, its been weird not cheer leading a book.
The Galactus Kid

rat_bastard wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

I'm thinking of getting on Kevin's back about D-bees of Europe, its been weird not cheer leading a book.

Especially with Europe becoming more playable with the addition of new material, it really couldn't hurt. You constant pestering earned you a dedication in Triax 2, so lets see what you get now. I'm just glad you aren't on my back about the Sovietski, even though every little bit of extra motivation helps.

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

The Galactus Kid wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Especially with Europe becoming more playable with the addition of new material, it really couldn't hurt. You constant pestering earned you a dedication in Triax 2, so lets see what you get now. I'm just glad you aren't on my back about the Sovietski, even though every little bit of extra motivation helps.

Just remember to keep up the tradition of Russian Railguns being truely awesome, I'd hate for a new borg railgun to come out that sucks several types of ass and have it be described as the pinnacle of new technology.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

rat_bastard wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

I'd like to see more about the Rifts half of Mutants in Orbit. More about the CAN republic and the other powers. New space Tech. not of the PW variety.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
RoadWarriorFWaNK

Seneca wrote:But I noticed that Triax's involvment with that town in England that they bought all those pre-rifts artifacts from, or the joint invasion of France with Camelot mentioned in Aftermath, is not expanded on at all under diplomatic relations. What is up with that?

for the same reason we didn't write the Gargoyles any new power armor. :)
The Galactus Kid

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
Seneca wrote:But I noticed that Triax's involvment with that town in England that they bought all those pre-rifts artifacts from, or the joint invasion of France with Camelot mentioned in Aftermath, is not expanded on at all under diplomatic relations. What is up with that?

for the same reason we didn't write the Gargoyles any new power armor. :)

LOL

Return to “Rifts®”