Who would be the CS's WORSE Nightmare for a war against ?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

(No Atlantis please as thats the easy answer, I am looking for your opinions on the subject with out Atlantis)

EDIT:

I should have stated for here on Rifts Earth ..
Last edited by Lenwen on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Re: Who would be the CS's WORSE Nightmare for a war against ?

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Old Ones
Dominators
Mulka
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Unread post by johnkretzer »

Well anyone creates potential problems...
The Fed. of Magic: Imagine Tolkeen...but a 1000 times worse.
Lazlo: Doesn't look like much but alliews and heroes would be coming out of the wood work.
Kingsdale: See above except some of the people going to it's defense won't so nice.
Merctown: see above

It is tough to say really who would the WORSE Nightmare...a easier question is who wouldn't be.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Themselves.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Lenwen wrote:Who would be the CS's WORSE Nightmare for a war against ?

(No Atlantis please as thats the easy answer, I am looking for your opinions on the subject with out Atlantis)

On Rifts Earth?

The Native Americans.

-they pretty much surround the CS. As such the CS couldn't concentrate their forces as effectively.
-use both magic and tech
-could receive aid from Psi-Stalkers (who feel they might ultimately receive better treatment from the Preserves)
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:

On Rifts Earth?

The Native Americans.

-they pretty much surround the CS. As such the CS couldn't concentrate their forces as effectively.
-use both magic and tech
-could receive aid from Psi-Stalkers (who feel they might ultimately receive better treatment from the Preserves)

they are no more a cohesive power bloc than the indians were back before we conquered them

I'd say archie
he has enough resources and hi tech to make them hurt bad
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

ARCHIE's a wuss. All he does is watch and plot. The world would go up in flames and he'd still be on the sidelines. I like Danger's answer.

Danger wrote:Themselves.

Imagine a real civil war between differeing coalition factions. An attempted coup, led by military elites tired of seeing Prosek after Prosek on the throne.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
DracoMagus
Explorer

Unread post by DracoMagus »

I'm not sure about what their "worst nightmare" would be, but I can imagine that if a few groups decided to put their collective efforts into it, they could make the CS have a Really bad day. Imagine if the Preserves started a guerrilla style war, along with the Black Market supplying them as well as some Merc Companies. Another element that I could see, though it'd be really unlikely, is that a fringe group of Cyber Knights jumps into the mix as well.

Maybe not something that'd crush the empire, but it'd still make for the CS havin p***y cheerios all the same.
Remember kids, if speed were everything jackrabbits would Rule the World!!!!

All Hail the Death Metal Rooster!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A43JOxLa5MM
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

csbioborg wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:

On Rifts Earth?

The Native Americans.

-use both magic and tech

they are no more a cohesive power bloc than the indians were back before we conquered them

I'd say archie
he has enough resources and hi tech to make them hurt bad

If the Native Americans could unite though, I think they could cause the CS fits. When the Pure Ones returned they were very united, so it could happen.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Yama Kings, Warlords of Russia, Sovietski, Vampires, New Navy.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

keir451 wrote:Yama Kings, Warlords of Russia, Sovietski, Vampires, New Navy.

New Navy would get punked bad

vampires would get beat up easy in a war

wood and silver ftw
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Transgalactic Empire. Seriously guys, this one's a no-brainer :)
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

csbioborg wrote:
keir451 wrote:Yama Kings, Warlords of Russia, Sovietski, Vampires, New Navy.

New Navy would get punked bad

vampires would get beat up easy in a war

wood and silver ftw

As the New Navy stands now, yes, give them an alliance with Japan and Australia? No way.
The CS would lose a lot of people to the Vampires initially (if the CS tried to fight conventially) soon tho' the CS would get tired of the losses just nuke Mexico into oblivion. There's nothing there the CS wants any way.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Khanibal wrote:ARCHIE's a wuss. All he does is watch and plot. The world would go up in flames and he'd still be on the sidelines. I like Danger's answer.

Imagine a real civil war between differeing coalition factions. An attempted coup, led by military elites tired of seeing Prosek after Prosek on the throne.

Thanks! I'm surprised that more people haven't considered this.

Prosek's power is based on everyone accepting/following him as leader. A civil war or uprising from within would be his worst nightmare.

The main thing that makes them such a threat is that they are a united force. This makes them feared, and powerful. If the Coalition fragments from within, all of this would crumble. Plus, it would leave them open to their other enemies and the remaining fragments could be easily crushed or further scattered.

That's their worst nightmare. :D
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Unread post by johnkretzer »

Danger wrote:
Khanibal wrote:ARCHIE's a wuss. All he does is watch and plot. The world would go up in flames and he'd still be on the sidelines. I like Danger's answer.

Prosek's power is based on everyone accepting/following him as leader. A civil war or uprising from within would be his worst nightmare.

The main thing that makes them such a threat is that they are a united force. This makes them feared, and powerful. If the Coalition fragments from within, all of this would crumble. Plus, it would leave them open to their other enemies and the remaining fragments could be easily crushed or further scattered.

I disagree that is Prosek's worst nightmare...not neccessarily the CS...after a coup attempt depending on the leadership that emerges you might have a stronger CS.
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

I actually doubt the OP is talking about a coup attempt. The real issue is that once it fragments, everyone has to sit back and let them fight. Mercenaries will profit the most, assuming no nation or nation state OPENLY sends a real military force. A significant attack by an outside force would reunite the Coalition in fury and rage.
Elthbert
Hero

Unread post by Elthbert »

Danger wrote:

this is why purges were invented.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

[quote="Balabanto"]I actually doubt the OP is talking about a coup attempt./quote]
You would be right, I am talking about a war .. Not a coup attempt.
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

johnkretzer wrote:I disagree that is Prosek's worst nightmare...not neccessarily the CS...after a coup attempt depending on the leadership that emerges you might have a stronger CS.

Prosek is the Coalition.

You're also assuming that there will be someone ready to instantly fill the power vacuum left by Prosek's death, and the transition will be a smooth one.
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

Balabanto wrote:I actually doubt the OP is talking about a coup attempt. The real issue is that once it fragments, everyone has to sit back and let them fight. Mercenaries will profit the most, assuming no nation or nation state OPENLY sends a real military force. A significant attack by an outside force would reunite the Coalition in fury and rage.

The OP also asked for 'not the easy answer', which I have supplied. I'm also not talking about a coup attempt, but a full blown civil war.
Danger
Champion

Unread post by Danger »

Lenwen wrote:
Balabanto wrote:I actually doubt the OP is talking about a coup attempt.

You would be right, I am talking about a war .. Not a coup attempt.

A Civil War is still a war, which is what I am suggesting. Not a simple coup attempt. I'm sure that's happened plenty of times. :D
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Iron Manticore wrote:Yes, you can't nuke vamps...but you can nuke their food! :)

Making them migrate north quicker..en masse?

[arnie]

I love nooked fooooooood

[/arnie]
Last edited by sHaka on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

XITICIX WAR
VAMPIRE WAR

LONESTAR WAR (Crazy Bradford might try to leave if he saw Karl as a Non-God for a change).
Cs vs Dogboys, Mutant Animals galore...plus whatever bradford has been grownig. Maybe the Jannisaries. Ohh JANNISARY WAR !!!

NIGHTLORD WAR

ATLANTIS WAR

NGR WAR

and could go and on.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
AdmTolval
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by AdmTolval »

Civil War - Gen. Holmes
Behind the scenes War - Republicans/Archie
Full "In your face" War - Megaversal Legion
AdmTolval
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by AdmTolval »

Well, I thought about possible nightmare scenerios for Prosek. One could be some issue or event splits the thinking of the government. Of course, the loyalists would stick with Prosek but what if Gen. Holmes joined the other side? Holmes is not one of the elite. He is a war hero. A grunt's grunt. His pressence would carry weight with the military. Think back to WWII with Rommel. He was a war hero but sided against Hitler. If his opposition had been know to the whole of Germany, Hitler could have been overthrown. While Bradford would make a good villian, he would not have the charisma like Holmes to sway popular opinion and support. The same goes for Drogue if he is still alive in your campaign.
DracoMagus
Explorer

AdmTolval wrote:Civil War - Gen. Holmes

Better yet, All three of these at once.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

DracoMagus wrote:
AdmTolval wrote:Civil War - Gen. Holmes

Better yet, All three of these at once.

I like it ..

Repubs attack Archie .. threw Gen Holmes .. Archie highers Megaversal Legion to throw off the CS/Repub attack .. and to not draw un-needed attention to his (archies) base of ops ..

:-P
Khanibal
Hero

Yeah, I was having a hard time trying to figure out why ML would even bother, but then you reminded me. Mercenaries. :)
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

DracoMagus
Explorer

I was leaving the why's for whoever decided to pick it up. Even the little grains of ideas I had for reasons had them doing so for their own seperate reasons, but still striking at the same time.

DracoMagus
Explorer

Would the Coalition making Kansas an official state give sufficient cause for the tribes to unify though?

I ask because I remember reading in one of the books (I can't remember which) about a group in Kansas that was a peaceful one and accepted folks that was human and d-bee. They also said something along the lines of if the CS should decide to make Kansas an official state that this group would most likely be destroyed.

Seeing as the ones who started this are a tribe of NA (don't ask me which), would the CS taking action be a sufficient reason to bring the other tribes together in the defense of them? I'm already pretty sure there would be some Cyber Knights involved in the conflict as well.

This is just a little something the post above me got me thinking about.

killhound
Explorer

Unread post by killhound »

any and all of those situations however damaging to prosek and how bad do you think it would be for john q public the real question is who would be left standing after it all
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Worst CS Nightmare? A multi-front war on a much wider scale than the CS-Token/FQ conflict. You have the Bugs in the North. FoM and Pecos Raiders to the South. Psycape and Nxla to the SE. Lazlos to the NE. Shems to the East. To the NW you have the Demon Kingdom of Calgary. This assumes that FQ and the UP kingdoms don't turn on the CS as they are not CS members. (I'm sure there are some blocs I'm missing).

Even more distrubing would be if several of these factions formed an alliance(s) and corridinated their efforts in this multi-front war. Some of the blocs might not form an alliance (Bugs, possibly the Shems) or more picky about their partners in it (FQ, Lazlo, Psycape, possibly the Shems). Some might not even be the aggressors in this war with the CS (ex. FQ, Lazlos, Pyscape).
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Iron Manticore wrote:
sHaka wrote:
Iron Manticore wrote:Yes, you can't nuke vamps...but you can nuke their food! :)

Making them migrate north quicker..en masse?

I didn't say it was a good idea... :lol:

:lol:

So wrong. Just soooo wrong. That was hilarous.
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

Are vampires a carbon based lifeform? Yes. Do nuclear weapons destroy everything that is at the point of impact. Yes. Therefore common logic (and common sense) dictates that if Mexico city were to be struck w/a nuclear weapon, then everything in that city would cease to exist. I will continue to ignore the stupidity of nuclear weapons being incapable of destroying vampires.
Khanibal
Hero

Has anyone mentioned the Old-Ones yet?

keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

Khanibal wrote:Has anyone mentioned the Old-Ones yet?

:eek: :shock: :? RUN AWAY!!!!
Nomadic
Explorer

Unread post by Nomadic »

DUH! Simple, Anyone that could control the Lazers from Space PEW PEW!

As far as ON Rifts Earth, I would have to say The Neruni SP? Phase Weapons FTW.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Nomadic wrote:DUH! Simple, Anyone that could control the Lazers from Space PEW PEW!

OMFG HAHAHAHAHA

This post made me nose spill my milk !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: outta a possible 6 !!
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Lenwen wrote:
Nomadic wrote:DUH! Simple, Anyone that could control the Lazers from Space PEW PEW!

OMFG HAHAHAHAHA

Yes... yes.
I was drinking Guinness when I read that.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Nomadic
Explorer

Unread post by Nomadic »

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Lenwen wrote:

OMFG HAHAHAHAHA

Yes... yes.
I was drinking Guinness when I read that.

"One is Proud to be of service"
Crazy Lou
Hero

Unread post by Crazy Lou »

Khanibal wrote:Has anyone mentioned the Old-Ones yet?

Um, first post, lol?
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -- Seneca The Younger
Crazy Lou
Hero

keir451 wrote:

Are vampires a carbon based lifeform? Yes. Do nuclear weapons destroy everything that is at the point of impact. Yes. Therefore common logic (and common sense) dictates that if Mexico city were to be struck w/a nuclear weapon, then everything in that city would cease to exist. I will continue to ignore the stupidity of nuclear weapons being incapable of destroying vampires.

were you the one I had a big debate with in the CS nukes thread?

In answer to OP, I'd say Yama Kings if you're strictly talking Rifts Earth (not PW, b/c that's cheating -- obviously a galactic empire vs tiny coalition of a handful of inferior technology wielding city states on a single continent is overkill). I don't know how a full out war b/t the Yama Kings and CS could come about really, but if it did, CS is screwed. They can't beat the chinese demons! It's like trying to kill an army when the army has a revolving door of resurrection permanently in effect. The Yama Kings wouldn't even need strategy! They could just throw demons at the CS until it didn't exist anymore.

Or Lord of the Deep. Since they'll never work with a circle of wizards, wise and pure (or whatever -- I guess MAYBE the vanguard could fulfill this?), or the cosmic forge, or a magical flaming sword, or the splugorth/eyelor, they could never win. So sad for them... :(
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

ShadowLogan wrote:Worst CS Nightmare? A multi-front war on a much wider scale than the CS-Token/FQ conflict. You have the Bugs in the North. FoM and Pecos Raiders to the South. Psycape and Nxla to the SE. Lazlos to the NE. Shems to the East. To the NW you have the Demon Kingdom of Calgary. This assumes that FQ and the UP kingdoms don't turn on the CS as they are not CS members. (I'm sure there are some blocs I'm missing).

"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts!"
given the way the CS Expands, this scenario is almost inevitable.

as is the idea of the non-aligned nations deciding to ally for mutual defense...imagine if the good FoM, Lazlo, Arzno, and the colorado baronies all teamed up...
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nomadic
Explorer

Unread post by Nomadic »

keir451 wrote:

Are vampires a carbon based lifeform? Yes.

http://www.zippoc.com/blog/wp-content/u ... wrong1.jpg

Vampires are MAGICAL based lifeforms.
Last edited by Nomadic on Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

they're corpses kept functioning through the presence of a magical energy being fragment.

and nukes don't destroy everything at ground zero. thats a popular misconception.
on the otherhand, it would cause the vamp to burst into flames from the heat, and the concussive force is likely to seperate the head from the body. but thats going ot be a low probability result. more likely it would be blown a good distance away, and would need to regerate it's body extensively.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Crazy Lou
Hero

We DID have this conversation already........ I'm suuuurrrreeeeee of it.......

Khanibal
Hero

No, only a small handful of people really felt it was right to go to war with FQ. Sure the troops marched on FQ, but their heart wasn't in it.

Khanibal
Hero

and bits!

DracoMagus
Explorer

and bits and bits!

Another bad situation would be if NEMA were to just appear in their back yard, maybe with an army of the US military with them.

The topic said where they could come from, but didn't necessarily say when... :D :lol: :D

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

duck-foot wrote:Triax and the NGR. why because it would show the CS people how depraved and evil Prosek really is by going to a war with another Human nation (FQ was diffirent, they seceded, whcih by right made the CS citizens see it has just). a war with Triax would not be in any way productive and in the end it would most likely leave a new form of government in the CS, after Karl is taken care of.

Not to mention that the NGR would totally PWN the CS.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Return to “Rifts®”