Legendary Glitter Boys, been done?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Legendary Glitter Boys, been done?

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I think it's a very cool variant. I think you should fully stat it out!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Command Glitterboy---Said to be a NEMA variant; an officer's machine for leading platoons of Glitterboys...the head features an extra 'crest' for communications gear able to fire-link the systems of the platoon members and allowing them to fire as one with exceeding accuracy....+3 to strike in addition to standard targeting system bonuses, but while linked, individual members are -1 to initiative, due to their systems being 'slaved' to the command program...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
akito
D-Bee

Unread post by akito »

i have two GB "ideas". I had a GB that needed some work, the heros had saved a CS base so the CS base had allowed some repairs to be made while in the safty of the base. The techie that was working on the GB did not know what he was doing "by the natural 00" and had inadvertently fired the cannon in the stowed posistion. :eek: when the dust settled and they got done cleaning the smear off the GB, the Base commander was :x which was quite :lol: . I could see that particular GB be a little accident prone if that happned a lot in its history.

My second GB story is my team found a NEMA stash in the desert "had to bring in a PC". The heros really did not want to leave the AI monitering the cryo tubes. They removed the cocpit and installed the hardware for the AI. The AI then spot welded himself shut. They then programed the AI with the personality of Bender from futurama.....I had to give him the voice. :mrgreen:
Aramanthus
Monk

ROFLMAO!!! A Bender AI in a GB! Now that is nasty! Good one Akito!

That would be a cool one Taalismn!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Sarael wrote:Heh, instead of Bender you can call him Boomer :P

"I'm a booming unit"
"Kill all humans"
"Bite my shiny chromium ..."
"Oh, ARCHIE3!!!" :P

(To admiring Operator)"You're not one of those robosexuals, are you?"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL!! That is bad! :D :lol: I hope we see some stats on that one! I'd love to see them!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

...urrrrrr...urrrr...urrrrrr.....nggggggg....annnggggg...

Just can't keep a Glitterboy down!

'Headless Prussian'
The Headless Prussian is a Glitterboy said to haunt the wilds of Canada...It's a wrecked Triax T-550 Glitterboy that's said to be haunted...the soul of its pilot enslaved by a witch and the mindless mutilated body set free to wreck havoc as it roams the land...Other tales say the German pilot was accidentally decapitated by friendly fire or traitorous Coalition troops, and the betrayed German now wanders the land looking for his blown-away head...Others claim the Free Quebec power armor is a hoax meant to frighten CS soldiers with rumors of an 'invincible super-Glitterboy' that just keeps coming...
The Truth is more mundane...the Headless Prussian is actually a full suit of T-550 armor that was part of a consignment being shipped to Free Quebec when the transport went down near the Magic Zone, and was lost with all hands. Part of the wreck, and its cargo, were found by a trio of Faerie Bot D-Bees who were travelling together. The little technowizards decided to supplement their Eebs with something that might fit in better with the surroundings, so they rebuilt the T-550. The restored and modified power armor normally looks like a regular T-550, and has all the armaments, but can actually split up into three sections---the head, upper torso, and lower torso, each piloted by one of the Faerie-Bot d-bees(aka 'Fraanids')..Each section has been modified...all sections have a Fraanid hover system that allows the sections/whole armor to fly/hover at up to 150 MPH for the head, and 90mph for the legs and upper torso, sensors equal to the original Eebs, an energy field system, Armor of Ithan, and additional features; The head has two small lasers(2,00 ft range, 2d6 MD per single shot) built in, as well as two small manipulator arms that emerge from the neck. The upper torso sports a grappling hook in the forearm. The lower torso has two manipulator arms with a PS of 18 that emerge from the hips, three tool arms that emerge from the 'belt', and two small lasers on the waist(2,000 ft range, 3d6 MD per single shot, 6d6 MD for both firing simultaneously)..
The three Fraanids have been travelling as a team, exploring North America...They frequenlty send the faster and less easily seen head module ahead to scout...which is when the rest of the ambling 'headless' power armor has been seen...When danger threatens, the d-bees join back together to form the whole Glitterboy, ready for action, or that can split up and disperse, flying for cover and giving their enemies three separate targets to divide their attention among...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Very nice! I like how you included stats too! I can find an immediate use for this one! :D

HH....FIE
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

How about a Glitter Boy with a chameleon-like holographic plating and a boom gun with silencer & sound dampener. Most likely have reduced range and damage, but I sure would love one.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
taalismn
Priest

runebeo wrote:How about a Glitter Boy with a chameleon-like holographic plating and a boom gun with silencer & sound dampener. Most likely have reduced range and damage, but I sure would love one.

"Yep...cost me a mint to nearly undo everything the old NEMA set out to do with this design...but man are people s**** bricks when they figure out there's a Glitterboy sniper stalking 'em..." :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

One issue of the Rifter has an OCC called the Gridsmith, who is kind of like a Techno-Wizard, but instead of building magic powers into devices, they build superpowers into devices.Now here's a nasty thought: what if you built Cloaking, Sonic Power(not sure of the exact name,) and Kinetic Control(again, not sure on the exact name) into a Glitterboy? It would not show up on sensors, would be silent, and would not need to be anchored. 8-)
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
taalismn
Priest

Gotta look that Gridsmith sucker up, then, and start building that Elemental Control Boomgun!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Yeah, so do I. It sounds like a very cool idea to make the Glitterboy even better.

HH....FIE
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

ARISE!!! This is somethig that I've been thinking about doing in my minion war campaign. The players are all powerful characters and something like this could be right up their alley.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
taalismn
Priest

The Galactus Kid wrote:ARISE!!! This is somethig that I've been thinking about doing in my minion war campaign. The players are all powerful characters and something like this could be right up their alley.

A Shining Army of TW Glitterboys?

Or, a thought occured to me...an army of zombie Glitterboys, raised by a combination of Splicer-like nanotech and necromancy....Sure, some of the Glitterboys ain't all in intact, but they fight on! And on! And on!(shot of lower torso of a zombie GB kicking and stomping a demon to death).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Excellent fireside story! :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Hey, it's a time of Legends... 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

Have a round for the Glitter boy that is a barb instead of a fletchet.
taalismn
Priest

MrMom wrote:Have a round for the Glitter boy that is a barb instead of a fletchet.

"Ah...the Glitterboy known as the 'Shredder'...chromium spikes on its shoulders and forearms, more horns on it's helment than a Horn-Head Demon's, vibroclaws like you wouldn't believe....Like somebody had raided Hell's own kitchen for cutlery....and the Boom Gun...it didn't just punch holes in yah...it SHREDDED yah...like a tomato in a hovercraft's lift fans..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

taalismn wrote:
MrMom wrote:Have a round for the Glitter boy that is a barb instead of a fletchet.

"Ah...the Glitterboy known as the 'Shredder'...chromium spikes on its shoulders and forearms, more horns on it's helment than a Horn-Head Demon's, vibroclaws like you wouldn't believe....Like somebody had raided Hell's own kitchen for cutlery....and the Boom Gun...it didn't just punch holes in yah...it SHREDDED yah...like a tomato in a hovercraft's lift fans..."

"Too bad about its unfortunate vulnerability to rats and turtles."
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
taalismn
Priest

justicar5 wrote:Or.... the Old Guard

Possibly an original GB suit, possibly just an urban myth....

When the Rifts came a decomissioned suit of GB armour was at the Royal Armouries in England, a display piece, a nothing.

But sorrounded as it was by so much equipment taken from the dead of war is it any surprise that the spirit of war had inhabited this ultimate expression of knightly virtue?

A spirit of a disquiet knight slain in a forgotten war, or a medal winner maybe, his bronze and silver medals reflected in the mirror bright finish? Whatever the reason, a new legend was born, a knight of a scale to fight the monsters that came into this land.....

A GB suit sat astride the statue of an ancient warhorse given life by unknown methods...or is the mount a robot? we do not know. The suit 'jousts' his boom gun his lance, riding forth against the alien forces that corrupt this land, his home land, the suit may have a pilot and has been known to speak, but only to Royal Knights, he will not tolerate the presence of nexus knights, all others he ignores. Who or what pilots it, why has the passing centuries not destroyed the suit, and if the legends are truw, what force animates it?

Sorry if this is subpar, but it is my first attempt, and I only have the courage to post because I am slightly drunk.

It's a good idea and worth expanding on..try tweaking it when you're fully sober and you could work wonders! :D
There's also a hint of 'Doorknobs and Broomsticks' about it... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

justicar5 wrote:true, actually the image that insipred it, was the fully armoured kinght on rearing horse that the have in the museum, plus knight in shining armour, well how about glittering armour.

I can see the image...Only use the horse armor and barding so it's not entirely clear WHAT'S inside it, the illo would be dim, the Glitterboy bright....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Cool! It's nice to see some new legendary Glitter Boys! Please keep them coming!

HH....FIE
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

I need to dig out my old "dark man" GB variant, see if I can make a 'legendary' GB out of it.

Superior to a GB in many ways, and cheaper and easier to make... just to get tossed aside, likely because it involved more than "aim, shoot, kill target in brutal way" that the whiz kids and desk jockying arm chair generals in the military could accept...

(sort of like the M1 Abram's being limited because the military only allows generally anti-tank cannon ammo to be used... and the canister round that is redundant with the 15,000 rounds of MG ammo it carries... which makes it the most expensive tank in the world with the least main gun ammo and least flexibility due to not being allowed to use any of a half dozen other types of ammo that are used by tanks of other nations that use the exact same model of main gun... I heard that even older M60 tanks could perform better due to being multi-purpose capable and not limited to 'just' killing tanks... and drawing enemy fire)

Also got my old Crusher GB idea... but that is more akin to a literal walking tank than a PA... (100mm shell going mach 8 and a recoil compensation system that will probably cook and launch anyone standing behind it when the gun fires... even if said person is in EBA... 20ft long path of burnt ground anyone?)

Would mention more, but I am sleepy, and files on old computer... :(
Never Give Up, Never Lose Hope, Never Surrender!
The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance!!
Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse.
Dr. Watson; Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.
It is hard being alone.
taalismn
Priest

R Ditto wrote:I need to dig out my old "dark man" GB variant, see if I can make a 'legendary' GB out of it.

Superior to a GB in many ways, and cheaper and easier to make... just to get tossed aside, likely because it involved more than "aim, shoot, kill target in brutal way" that the whiz kids and desk jockying arm chair generals in the military could accept...

(sort of like the M1 Abram's being limited because the military only allows generally anti-tank cannon ammo to be used... and the canister round that is redundant with the 15,000 rounds of MG ammo it carries... which makes it the most expensive tank in the world with the least main gun ammo and least flexibility due to not being allowed to use any of a half dozen other types of ammo that are used by tanks of other nations that use the exact same model of main gun... I heard that even older M60 tanks could perform better due to being multi-purpose capable and not limited to 'just' killing tanks... and drawing enemy fire)

Also got my old Crusher GB idea... but that is more akin to a literal walking tank than a PA... (100mm shell going mach 8 and a recoil compensation system that will probably cook and launch anyone standing behind it when the gun fires... even if said person is in EBA... 20ft long path of burnt ground anyone?)

Would mention more, but I am sleepy, and files on old computer... :(

It's the BFG Glitterboy---When Boom Guns just ain't big enough...(also known as the GDB---GigaDamageBoy..or the Finkleburger Special Edition..mass-produced in the millions for his personal army..."Oh sorry, the moon was just too bright tinight for my tastes so I got rid of it")
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

How about a GB fashioned to look like a retro WW2 Tank called the Patton. It could be reflective green with four tiney little stars painted on its head. It would could also look like it was rivited together in certain places.
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

How about a GB that is kind of industral. It would have a smokeing exaust pipe sticking up in the back and look more armor plated and rusty than shiny and streamlined.
taalismn
Priest

MrMom wrote:How about a GB fashioned to look like a retro WW2 Tank called the Patton. It could be reflective green with four tiney little stars painted on its head. It would could also look like it was rivited together in certain places.

Give it bulging thighs, a swagger stick, two pearl-handled rail gun pistols, and a vocalizer that makes anything spoken by the pilot come out sounding like George C. Scott.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

MrMom wrote:How about a GB that is kind of industral. It would have a smokeing exaust pipe sticking up in the back and look more armor plated and rusty than shiny and streamlined.

Glittterboy Tin Man? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

What if someone found the Proto type for the GB in some underground vault?
R Ditto
Hero
Comment: It is hard to be alone. I was 18 when dad died, 38 when mom died. No grand kids or daughter in law for mom. Why, God, why?

Unread post by R Ditto »

MrMom wrote:What if someone found the Proto type for the GB in some underground vault?

That's partly an angle I was thinking of, of a GB prototype that got 'discarded', of a model that didn't even make it to production.
Sort of like the YF-23 of the PA world.

Used inspiration from some video slamming the M1 Abrams by comparing it to other tanks of the world... apparently it's the most expensive one of the least effective/flexible tanks out there, the flexibility problem being the military doesn't allow the use of anything beyond anti-tank rounds and canister shot, so they apparently don't even give the M1's stuff like HE, HESH, HE Frag, stuff like LAHAT rounds, etc...
Just like how the GB is apparently restricted to only have its own effective canister shot, and not anti-armor/explosive rounds in general.

In a way, it seems some of the 'American Empire' designs from Rifts are very limited in the roles they fit, which goes with why during a competition between different designs of different defense contractors, the superior and more flexible entry is the one to get discarded, because it did 'more' than the military wanted, even if it did have more advantages, such as cheaper cost and having armor that was easier to make (and had superior laser and thermal resistances)... and a boom gun that doesn't have each round loaded with the mother of all hyrid flashbang aquatic rocket systems... (the excessive noise and the fact it 'launches' the GB back underwater... water 600 time denser than water, yet the GB gets launched back dozens of times farther and is unable to do anything for at least a minute if it fires unanchored when underwater...), plus secondary ammo drums directly on the weapon (with ability to select them easily, no need to swap ammo drums to change ammo, just flick a switch).
Due to spin and focus of the 'shock and awe' effect (shiny armor seen far away and the unusually loud bang) and brutal ability to kill infantry in general (the effects of 200x 5x25mm 8 gram 1500m/s projectiles against people in cheap EBA and effect on borgs, PA, juicers, crazies, mutant animals, etc), the loosing design gets picked and restrictions slapped onto to it in some ways to limit its flexibility, forcing it to rely on other units such as the SAMAS for support.

Many years later, Rifts hit, a 'rogue' NEMA platoon (idiot officer dead, a 'skilled' veteran in charge and seeing a dramatic drop in casualties and loss of equipment) retreat to a surplus storage depot, knowing that any gear, weapons and ammo, even of old and not very effective, is better than no working gear at all, they find old crates that apparently are dusty, and a priority order sticker on each crate saying they were supposed to have been shipped out disasembled and destroyed over a year before...
With the old prototypes inside, and then use them to easily take out some monsters that had shredded a regular GB team (fyi, the platoon used to be a company before, it never shrunk below the size of a platoon after their officer was killed, and the vet guy who flunked officer training took over), and they did kick much butt, becoming a force official (surviving) NEMA commanders discounted, as few even knew such PA did exist, and a few knew they would catch hell from their surviving soldiers if everyone found out the 'good' stuff was tossed aside and the less effective stuff issued to everyone and ammo type purposely restricted, and that said trash (in two squads) had wiped out monsters that easily took out 2/3rds the GBs in a GB company...

Just imagine a CS GB hunting team hunting a rumored 'super' GB (it 'looked' like a GB) that was not a GB (dark non-shiny armor, 'encased' boom gun, armor resistant to plasma weapons, had other ammo types, secondary weapons, was more stealthy due to no shiny armor for, gun that was as loud as it should be and not absurdly loud), and other tricks one does not excepted (two shoulder mounts, allowing for a second lower recoil weapon, or two medium recoil weapons).
Finding out variable lasers are use (thermal resistance, not reflectiveness), on top of their favorite weapons (plasma rifles, plasma missiles, plasma grenades, micro-fusion grenades) also being of much less effect (again, the armor being resistant to thermal energy in general, and with rapid heat dissipation capacity), rendering plasma weapons as useful as lasers, and lasers even less useful (armor originated from a batch that included a desired 'flaw' of thousands of microscopic crystals that had a refractive effect that messed up laser weapons even more, by 'spreading out' the laser energy on top of better resisting the heat... and you can't use a variable laser when each of a thousand microscopic crystals in a square cm is like a snowflake and have no 'identicle' frequency that will bypass them)

Just have to figure out how to apply it into a legendary GB tale, or of a team of legendary GBs, since all the prototypes would have been in one place...
and figure out a way to have said tale not have all that technical junk I mentioned...
Aramanthus
Monk

Could we see some stats on this monster R Ditto! I'd really like that! Even if you have to PM me with them. I'm very interested in them. I thought you had created other rounds for the GB. Maybe you could repost them here. And I know Kitsune has some variant rounds.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Hmmm..headless horseman, only it's the hoprse that's headless... :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
R Ditto
Hero

Unread post by R Ditto »

Aramanthus wrote:Could we see some stats on this monster R Ditto! I'd really like that! Even if you have to PM me with them. I'm very interested in them. I thought you had created other rounds for the GB. Maybe you could repost them here. And I know Kitsune has some variant rounds.

The stuff is on an older computer, although I hope the old MS Word files will fit on a floppy (it has USB 1.1, and I can only find USB 2.0 compatible memory sticks these days, which makes things slightly challenging trying to get some files onto my newer computer)

Basic run down.
2 secondary ammo drums with 30 rounds each, directly attatched to the back of the boom gun.
A powerful articulated gun mount on each shoulder, it can actually fire 'hands free' when mounting lower recoil weapons, I forget if it could go hands free with a BG or not, probably could on a lower velocity setting.
Ammo included AP, solid slugs (usually for training or 'soft' targets), canster shot, HE, HE Frag, HEAT, a general purpose canister with metal sheath that could be loaded with whatever you wanted to fit into it (say a few cups worth of BBs, nails, fruit cake, glass fragments, toothpicks, bouncy balls, silver jewelry, etc...)
Slightly more MDC.
Armor was thermal resistance with rapid heat dissapation capability, anything heat based did half damage, including plasma, fusion/microfusion explosions, lasers, MDC fire, magic/psychic fire, etc. Microscopic crystalline structures within armor cause further refraction of light energy, halving laser/light based weapon damage again.
Variable lasers are 100% useless in countering the armor.
Optional guns included missile packsm 40mm AGL, .50 cal gatling gun, quad rail gun cluster (SAMAS style rail guns, something like 5D6 per gun, with each firing a 30 round burst for 2D6x10 MD and 120 rounds total in a combined burst), dual heavy infantry energy weapons, etc, for the shoulder mounts.
Thermal had a range rated in many miles, think it could spot people 2 miles out, hot stuff father than that, and large fires (such as burning vehicles/structures) somewhere out to 8-10 miles.
A secondary rapidly pulsing radar system doubled as a proximity detector, and had a counter-ballistic capability. Someone fires a ballistic round in its general direction, or the path goes close enough to it, the pilot will be able to take the data and fire back very close to where the shot came from, not good for the shooter with a tight beam radar imager that could 'detect' possible targets at range in line of sight of the gun (within tight cone, iirc).

"This ain't no toy for little boys, it's a toy for a real man!"

Or as one saying goes "The difference between men and boys are the size of their toys."

It is, in a way, to be a true 'military specification' version of the GB, the type of stuff that would have to be pried out of the cold, dead hands of military commanders if someone wanted to give it to another country/nation/empire.

The type of stuff that if the CS found where one was stored, they might have some uber-version of the Skelebot or some overgrown tank killing robot just waiting to shoot anything that shows up that does not perfectly match the face, voice and DNA of authorized (and long since dead) military personal... and which also have guns meant to drop stolen super GBs dead in their tracks... (like a super sized Boom Gun with AP rounds and much higher muzzle velocity and double the bore diameter, but that's another story... that and sub-tactical nukes on a military grade security robot are just the thing for stopping thieves and rival empires from getting at the stuff stored there... stuff left to rot in a surplus depot is another matter... although I can see the 15ft tall yet broad security death machine with old graffiti on it like "NEMA Sucks" and "Glitter Boys, it's what's for breakfast" put there by its maintenance team before they died... and maybe an AI that hates the CS, and which allows some specific person to enter the place due to being 'worthy' of what is contained within... hmmm... ideas... maybe...)
romanwarrior
D-Bee

Unread post by romanwarrior »

Theres another way this could be taken... (stolen from the Wierd War II rpg) take properties from the "Haunted Vehicle" section. Basically, the vehicle (in this case the GB) has the spirit of its previous operator. This can offer many differetn options from giving bonuses to attack or dodge, give the armor regeneration, only allows family desendents to operate, etc. I'll dig up those books and post more of the options that they suggest for their haunted vehicles...
"All right you primitive screwheads, listent up! Thiiiiiss is my BOOM-STICK!"
- ASH
Aramanthus
Monk

Cool! Thank you for that data R Ditto! I can wait for the rest of it! :D

HH....FIE
R Ditto
Hero

Unread post by R Ditto »

Aramanthus wrote:Cool! Thank you for that data R Ditto! I can wait for the rest of it! :D

I still need to get stuff off of my old computer, but I found some of my old stuff on the forums.
Golden Age Technology... post your ideas
Second post in that thread.
It is some of my slightly earlier work and not so early work, but no real stats.

Oh, the "Raptor" at the end of my post there is the "overgrown tank killing robot" was reffering to in my previous post here. (76mm EM accelerator guns designed specifically for taking out targets like GBs... okay, so it is a GB killer... can't let NEMA run around with all that shiny stuff unless there is a counter to it someplace...).
Aramanthus
Monk

That makes sense. Thank you for the link!

HH....FIE
Vladamir Krophski
Explorer

Unread post by Vladamir Krophski »

Both the "True" federation of magic and Coalition States have put out an large bounty on a as of now unknown mech type that has been dubbed "Wrecker". This mech looks like a scrapped hulk of a power armor covered in rough high density plates from many different sources. in its hands it wields a mighty hammer that smashes through troops and armor alike. Rumors of an imortal pilot swirl about this mech as it has been seen numerous times in the last three hundred years. It has fought mages and demons to a stand still, as well as coallition patrols. On some occasions it crackles with blue electrical arcs and seems to hit even harder. It leaves all of its enemies the same... Wrecked.

Wrecker was the personal Glitter Boy of Ulysses Armstrong of North Carolina. He kept a cluster of small mountain comunities safe from the monsters that came to our world. Over the years with out proper supplies the unit was repaired with what ever was available, while it has lost its shine it more than makes up for it with its strength and detemination to win against unimaginable odds. It weilds a massive warhammer in replacement of its long lost Boom Gun. Several other modifications make up for the loss of its signature traits.
"In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons." Herodotus
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

How about a GB with some kind of energy leeching device, (fires a cable that attaches to other power armors or robots and drains their energy cells) It would be a problem for powers who reley solely on technology.
Aramanthus
Monk

Excellent variations. I guess your NPC is related to the scienctist I had locked away in a stasis pod from before the comings of the Rifts. Since then he has helped develope a large number of new GBs in my campaign. And since they have connections to Phase World they have seriously added some new tech to the GB.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

And of course, you can always have the Triax Robot Soldier/Vehicular Cyborg option...only with a Glitterboy Pilot implanted into his/her power armor...effectively becoming a GlitterBorg(and maybe serving as the Wise Elder of a family of Republicans or GB pilots).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Now that would be a very cool ideal for a legendary GB! Great idea Taalismn! :D

HH....FIE
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

During the time of Legends that was the dark ages before the coalition clawed its way to dominance there was a tale of a Glitterboy that stalked the Wilderness surrounding Chi-town. The locals at that time had named the glitterboy The Dead Reign because when it arrived there was no peace to be found even in death. It was talked about in hushed tones for fear that saying its name to loudly would indeed summon it. The Glitterboy itself was a marvel to behold for it seemed to be able to regenerate from any damage sustained and no matter how long a battle would last The Dead Reign would never run out of ammo for its boom gun. These two facts alone would have been enough to frighten ever the most battle hardened vets. Yet that is not what all feared about the Dead Reign for when the glitterboy left the field the true nightmare would begin. Those who had fought bravely and been killed by the killer glitterboy would then rise and begin stalking the living. Many towns and small city states where completely destroyed in this fashion. After the army of the Dead had completely wiped out the living the Dead would begin to shuffle off chasing after The Dead Reign. Then one day the Dead Reign completely disappeared and along with it, its army of the Dead. In the two hundred years since its last appearence the tale of The Dead Reign has become a ghost story told around camp fires by soliders to try and frighten new recruits. Could the The Dead Reign really exist though. Does it wait for some unknown signal to once again unleash its terrible hunger or has it moved on to another world to continue its unknown dark purpose.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

taalismn wrote:
runebeo wrote:How about a Glitter Boy with a chameleon-like holographic plating and a boom gun with silencer & sound dampener. Most likely have reduced range and damage, but I sure would love one.

"Yep...cost me a mint to nearly undo everything the old NEMA set out to do with this design...but man are people s**** bricks when they figure out there's a Glitterboy sniper stalking 'em..." :D

And how do you dampen the sound of a super sonic round? Every modern firearm that uses a silencer has to use sub-sonic rounds. The gun doesn't make the boom the round does and the shockwave that travels with it makes the book along the entire path until it drops below super sonic speeds. So damage would definately have to be... severely reduced. Once the round is only accelerated below supersonic speeds you won't need a silencer because their will only be the snap of the arc as the armature leaves the rails and turns into plasma the flechettes continuing on their way quietly.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
taalismn wrote:

And how do you dampen the sound of a super sonic round? Every modern firearm that uses a silencer has to use sub-sonic rounds. The gun doesn't make the boom the round does and the shockwave that travels with it makes the book along the entire path until it drops below super sonic speeds. So damage would definately have to be... severely reduced. Once the round is only accelerated below supersonic speeds you won't need a silencer because their will only be the snap of the arc as the armature leaves the rails and turns into plasma the flechettes continuing on their way quietly.

TW seems to the only answer.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

The Blackguard Glitterboy: an enigmatic suit of power-armor that is fueled by the lives it takes on the battlefield and is surrounded by the nightmarish rumor that whoever sees it... will die!
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
taalismn
Priest

Akashic Soldier wrote:The Blackguard Glitterboy: an enigmatic suit of power-armor that is fueled by the lives it takes on the battlefield and is surrounded by the nightmarish rumor that whoever sees it... will die!

Rumor: If you gaze too long into its mirror-chromed surface, and ESPECIALLY if you see your own reflection in it...it will steal your soul....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

taalismn wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:The Blackguard Glitterboy: an enigmatic suit of power-armor that is fueled by the lives it takes on the battlefield and is surrounded by the nightmarish rumor that whoever sees it... will die!

Rumor: If you gaze too long into its mirror-chromed surface, and ESPECIALLY if you see your own reflection in it...it will steal your soul....

That's the one.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
taalismn
Priest

Akashic Soldier wrote:
taalismn wrote:

That's the one.

Wish you'd told me that sooner...(brrraaaaiiiiinnnnnnsssssss......brrrrrraaaaaaiiinnnnssssss...)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”