12.7mm From the Hip

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

12.7mm From the Hip

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

I was browsing through Youtube and I found a real gem.

Video of a Russian Fireing a 12.7mm KORD Heavy Machinegun from the hip.

Now The guy can bairly handly the Machionegun but he is useing a HMG as an Assault weapon.

I had heard about useing a Watercooled 7~8mm weapon in such a manner durring WWI. but to see such a tactic today with a 12.7mm HMG!?!
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
GhostKnight
Adventurer

Re: 12.7mm From the Hip

Unread post by GhostKnight »

I find it less punishing to fire from the hip than the shoulder because there is more give and looser control in the arms at the hip level.
Recovery? Only for the rich and 20 counties.
Anti-Nuclear = Anti-Salmon
PC = Patronizing Cretin
The World Clock
Real Economic Statistics
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Notice he isn't firing fully auto, just single shots and letting the gun swing around after each shot?

I doubt there would be any controllability or accuracy if he tried to use it as anything other than a singleshot weapon. He'd probably end up on his ass in short order too.

I agree that from the hip makes him better able to handle the recoil of the weapon when he doens't have it in place (the KORD, in this configuration, is used more like a GPMG than a HMG btw) and similar actions were taken with rifle calibre medium and light machineguns. Also I'd say having the strap also allows him to take most of the load off his arms for carrying that monster.

Fascinating clip and I really wouldn't want that emerging from the smoke and popping off at me.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

While it is true that you can fire all sorts of weapons from the hip, you are looking at about 10 meters (very generous) of accuracy for most folks and if you really, really practice you can get maybe 25-30 meters with it (as in hit a standing man-sized target).

Weapons are designed to be used in a certain way, and they really do work better when used as designed. Knives can be used as screwdrivers or chisels, but they work better as knives :)

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”