USMC Recon Aruuuga!

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

USMC Recon Aruuuga!

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

While surfing http://www.Thegunzone.com, I came across an interesting Link.

http://www.forcerecon.com/strongmenarmed.htm

the article is about the makeup and composition of a Force Recon Company. I have met members of Force Recon and I found them to be very professional. As Recon is the name of the game, I thought that the article would be rather informative to those players who are neither Military or shooters.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Arruga? Hoo Rah!?

USMC Recon Battlecry.

a detailed history can be found Here, the origions are after the second set of photo's.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Unread post by GreenGhost »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Alejandro wrote:Honestly, I have never heard Hoo Rah....Ooh rah, yes...Hoo rah, no.

Is it a groundside thing?

Nah, that's because Marines can't spell.

Mareen...
Muhrine...
Marene...

GRUNT!!! 8-)

Long Time- No Semper Misfit :D
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

The marines that went to LV-426 didn't make it.
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Maybe not as lean- not as mean, but always a Marine.
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
GreenGhost
Adventurer

Misfit KotLD wrote:
GreenGhost wrote:Maybe not as lean- not as mean, but always a Marine.

You and me both.

:lol: Hey man! I've lost 30 lbs. since I've left NC! :lol:
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Anybody want my extra pounds?

I think the proper spelling is Ooh rah.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
jedi078 wrote:I think the proper spelling is Ooh rah.

Like we can spell. :P

I know, but some of us have been shown what all those green and red squiggly lines are indicating.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Dominique
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Dominique »

Unfortuantely both 1st and 2d Force Recon have once again been disbanded. Their personnel were used to form the 1st and 2d Marine Special Operations Battalions (both part of MARSOC - Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command). Plus two recon platoons, from each company, were tranfered to the Division Recon Battalions as "Deep Recon Platoons" (DRP). 3d and 4th Force are still alive and kicking though.
"There is no such thing as a dangerous weapon, only dangerous men"
"No one assails me without punishment"
batlchip
Hero
Comment: Even the great thinkers and writers in history messed up sometimes.

Unread post by batlchip »

My mom used to make jokes about the Air force.She used to say that it could have been named" mover's are us you call we haul."but that was back when she was still in.She also used to joke that Air force pilots thought Marine pilots where nuts. :-P
Who is evil?
Who is joy
Who is pain
Who is death
Who is good
Who is blind
Who is foolish
Who is smart
Me and you that's who
For we are mankind.
Rockwolf66
Hero

batlchip wrote:My mom used to make jokes about the Air force.She used to say that it could have been named" mover's are us you call we haul."but that was back when she was still in.She also used to joke that Air force pilots thought Marine pilots where nuts. :-P

I take it the Airfore has never seen a Columbian Army Helo Pilot. The best ones are usually women who fly lower and faster than their male comrades.

The only people I know of who come close are RAF ground attack pilots. Once a british cop was sitting at a speed trap and his radar starts reading 400+MPH. next thing he knows an RAF Harrier comes flying past at about 20 feet. Latter he goes over to the squadron's HQ and tells the commander about the incident. The conversation went something like this.

Bobby*: Sir, I caught one of your Harriers with my radar gun earlier today.

Squadron leader: Your lucky old chap, you set of his Anti-Radar Missile defence system.

I don't know if it's true but it's a funny story. :-D

* British cop.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Rockwolf66 wrote:
batlchip wrote:My mom used to make jokes about the Air force.She used to say that it could have been named" mover's are us you call we haul."but that was back when she was still in.She also used to joke that Air force pilots thought Marine pilots where nuts. :-P

I take it the Airfore has never seen a Columbian Army Helo Pilot. The best ones are usually women who fly lower and faster than their male comrades.

The only people I know of who come close are RAF ground attack pilots. Once a british cop was sitting at a speed trap and his radar starts reading 400+MPH. next thing he knows an RAF Harrier comes flying past at about 20 feet. Latter he goes over to the squadron's HQ and tells the commander about the incident. The conversation went something like this.

Bobby*: Sir, I caught one of your Harriers with my radar gun earlier today.

Squadron leader: Your lucky old chap, you set of his Anti-Radar Missile defence system.

I don't know if it's true but it's a funny story. :-D

* British cop.

Funny but not true.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Rockwolf66
Hero

Well the Female Columbia Pilot one is true. As for British Ground Attack pilot's well they are known to fly under some bridges durring exersizes.

Personally it's an incredible sight to see a jet aircraft flying faster than any production racecar less than a hundred yards away from you.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Rockwolf66 wrote:Well the Female Columbia Pilot one is true. As for British Ground Attack pilot's well they are known to fly under some bridges durring exersizes.

Personally it's an incredible sight to see a jet aircraft flying faster than any production racecar less than a hundred yards away from you.

Years ago was watching the Blue Angles doing an airshow on the front steps of a neighbors house. We heard a massive roar approaching and a A-4 blew over the house low enough you could see the rivets in the bottom of the aircraft. It sure was one impressive sight.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Not a jet, but still cool

The university I went to is next to one of the larger military airfields in Canada - every summer there's a big exercise up there.

So one day, right as I left my house I heard what sounded like a distant helicopter - being so close to the airfield, I thought nothing of it, I get a few steps from my house and suddenly whup-Whup-WHUP-WHUP-WHUP-WHUP!!!

Outta nowhere an AH-64 pops up over my house, roars over the residence and is gone.

It was close enough I could feel rotor wash.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”