Why is the RPK listed as the standard VC Machine gun?

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Could possibly be due the production dates...RPK manufacture began around 1959, the RPD since the '40s. Depending on where you go if you google it, some sites say the RPD replaced the RPK after the war. IMO...I wouldn't be surprised to have seen them both in either the Soviet or Chinese styles...but who knows, just my opinion.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

So . . . if you're that concerned, use the RPD instead of the RPK, the only thing it will change game mechanic wise is the load the VC can carry.

That being said . . . I don't think the VC had a standard anything. The NVA might have had a standard weapon, but the VC used whatever they could pick up.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Technically, the M-16 wasn't in the 'Nam as the main weapon until after '65 or '66 so if it's there the RPK can be as well.

I agree the use of the RPG, though I think most VC squads probably wont have it, or a machinegun for that matter. The exception being the main force and disguised NVA units. Putting an RPG and an MG in each VC squad is a good way to cycle through characters quickly.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

I read one memo of an infantry lieutenant in the 'Nam where it seems like his platoon came under fire from captured M-16s more than AK-47s.

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Clever little fellas, weren't they?

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”