Combining ATB and Rifts...

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Combining ATB and Rifts...

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

How would you do it?
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

wouldn't bother...

if you look at the base setup...
AtB can easilly play out as teh rise of the coalition...

that's about it.. .

personally, i'm not a fan of MDC... so i wouldn't suggest combining the two.. .

perhaps draw on the mecha designs (leave the numbers as they are, just replace MDC with SDC, one for one) and give a natural AR...

"demons" and "mutant animals" could be words used interchangably...
sinestus
Adventurer

Unread post by sinestus »

right, when i was talking about making the terms for "demon" and "mutant animal" interchangable,
i wasn't talking about origens... just the human side of things...

tweek history a bit, so that the war what crushed the planet kinda caused humanity to stop tracking history...
so when the game starts up, you have humans fighting what they believe to be demons and monsters ('cause really, how many demons are humanoids with animal traits...) simply because that's what they've been raised to think they are...
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

It could go one of three ways:

1. The CS wouldn't use Dogboys or other mutant animals. They'd see them as part of the problem, if there were mutant animals all over the place.

2. The CS would still use Dogboys. We've always used dogs to hunt other animals. While other animals might see Dogboys as fur-traitors, the dogs are just happy to be part of the Human Pack.

3. The CS would openly embrace all sorts of mutant animals and utilize them in much the same was as they use Dog-boys (maybe even with slightly better rights than the dogs have now) under the theory that mutated or not, at least they're from Earth.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Ok...how about I change the quetion just a bit, your using the ATB book to get your chars from and using the setting of ChaosEarth...how would you go about adding the magic and other stuff to ATB?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

you're such a stick in the mud Tyc
dataweaver
Adventurer

Unread post by dataweaver »

Ben Quash wrote:Ok...how about I change the quetion just a bit, your using the ATB book to get your chars from and using the setting of ChaosEarth...how would you go about adding the magic and other stuff to ATB?

If I understand things correctly, After the Bomb 2e is what TMNT 2e mutated into after Palladium lost the TMNT license - Palladium took the manuscripts for TMNT 2e and the ATB supplement for TMNT 1e and merged them. Would this be a fair assessment?

I seem to recall that when TMNT 2e was first announced, it was described as a supplement of sorts to Heroes Unlimited 2e - or, more accurately, a sort of "subset" of HU2e, focusing primarily on the Mutant power category. Does this also apply to ATB 2e? If so, the solution to your problem would be to get a copy of Heroes Unlimited and to use the Magic and Psionic power categories as well as the Mutant one.

In fact, you could probably fit most if not all of the HU power categories into an ATB-based variation of the Chaos Earth concept: "aliens" would be refugees from other dimensions instead of other worlds (what Rifts terms D-Bees); "cyborgs" and "experiments" would cover borgs, crazies, and juicers (and then some); "magic" and "psionics" would cover your mystical and psychic characters; and "robotics" (under the subset of robot vehicles), "hardware", "physical training", and "special training" would cover individuals with no superhuman powers, just advanced training and gear. You'd probably want to rule out actual superpowers for the most part; but that isn't as debilitating to most of the power categories as it would first appear. You might need to rework the Aliens section a bit to account for refugees from low-tech/high-magic and modern-day worlds (in particular, the Training and Education section would need some serious reworking); but other than that, just about everything ought to be usable as is.

For monsters, pick up a copy of the original Rifts Conversion Book, and maybe also Dark Conversions. Plenty of monsters, guidelines to adapt them to non-MDC settings if you so choose, and they're not nearly as tied to the Rifts OCC/RCC system as one might suppose.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Its more like TMNT is a mutant vertion of ATB.
Agent_gir
Explorer

Unread post by Agent_gir »

step one: roll up character
step two: take occ from rifts books

ala kazam, a rifts character that is a mutant animal.... gliter boy armour might need slight modification, and dog boy armour would fit most mutant animals.

since mutant animals are not super natural they would still be sdc creatures making the crossover very easy, I sure there are tons of mad scientists, or crazied mages, and toxic waste to create mutants.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”