Triax Cyclops Optics vs. Super-Psionic Vamp Stare?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Triax Cyclops Optics vs. Super-Psionic Vamp Stare?

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

sounds right to me.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Seconded.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Thirded here. I would also like to add that IIRC, any character with bionic/cybernetic eyes are likewise protected as they also are basically video cameras.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
ZorValachan
Adventurer

Unread post by ZorValachan »

I know it is not canon, but I further my vamps power by having the fact that do not have reflections make them 'invisible' through any 'non living lense'. So a vamp can be seen by a person's eye (reflection on the eye is living), but not through video, cameras, etc. So the vamp couldn;t mind control, but the guy wearing the optics couldn't see the vamp.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

ZorValachan wrote:I know it is not canon, but I further my vamps power by having the fact that do not have reflections make them 'invisible' through any 'non living lense'. So a vamp can be seen by a person's eye (reflection on the eye is living), but not through video, cameras, etc. So the vamp couldn;t mind control, but the guy wearing the optics couldn't see the vamp.

Better hope the vamp is wearing clothes, then. Or is covered in dirt.

Anyone wearing glasses of any sort, using your house rule, will be unable to see vamps. Scary.

On the upside, it makes identifying vamps trivial.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I think the difference here is that glasses just refract light, whereas the Triax stuff is recording it and re-broadcasting it, possibly even doing a digital conversion in the process.

This means that there would be a minor time delay, I think, though a negligible one.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”