How about a 2nd Ed. Transdimensional TMNT?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

If it's not broke, don't fix it.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

And it would not be hard to re-write to delete all the TMNT references....thus avoiding a lisencing conflict.

Or just write up a new space suplament book for ATB combining the space TMNT rule and Dimentional rules. Call it Mutents in Orbit II or Mutents Travels in Sapce and Time.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

I Liike it!

Never had a chance to to TMNT Transdimentionally, but I did have a Time Lords based campaign plotted-out (had one plotted out for GURPS too, but that's another story! :lol:).
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Astroman wrote: In BTS and Mechanoids, there is no hope and that is not what players want to play.

Speak for yourself.
While I enjoy winning, sometimes I agree with the old saying
"A lost cause is the only kind worth fighting for"
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
dataweaver
Adventurer

Unread post by dataweaver »

macksting wrote:I think the best bet would be to keep it seperate from AtB. In my opinion it's too niche if you do that, and while it has direct bearing on TMNT as it is based on their comic-book travels through their own portion of the greater multidimensional universe, but its bearing on After the Bomb is... shaky. Sure, if you accept TMNT as the past (licensing or no!) of AtB, it's... relevant by extension, but not terribly useful in itself to an After the Bomb campaign.

It's relevant by more than just extension; the "near future" Twists (or is that Coils?) in the existing book make direct and blatant references to the ATB setting. Just modify the "present day" assumption of the book by a couple of steps and note that Mutant characters were at best rare before the Bomb.

macksting wrote:More importantly, continuing to limit its genius to mutant animal settings is, in my humble opinion, a little bit silly. I wouldn't ask Palladium to commit to the Coils and Twists theory of time/dimensional travel as a clear description of the megaverse as a whole, but it could easily pertain to a set, unbounded, of dimensions somewhere in the megaverse. Unbounded. It may even be an accurate description of Rifts and Phaseworld.

I tend to favor this as well.

macksting wrote:If I were writing it, I'd leave the mutant animals out except to put crossover rules in the back between the setting I'm writing and After the Bomb. :)

A generic version of Transdimensional with crossover rules in the back for ATB (including the Mutating effects of time travel) wouldn't be a bad idea.

macksting wrote:Y'see, I dunno... I think I just like the physics. The magic works, the tech works, and the biggest danger is possible imbalance, partially solved via the Third Millenial Barrier.

The magic would probably need to be updated to the PPE style of magic found in all of the recent games; and you'd almost be obliged to include the Temporal Magic from Rifts England, however much of a tack-on it feels like.
dataweaver
Adventurer

Lord Simultaneous and Renet would have to go, obviously. But I don't think that there's really any comics-based origin for the Twists-and-Coils system, so the Time Magic and Time Travel rules are probably safe.

The original had a nice little bit about a recurring NPC who shows up throughout the future stages, giving something of a narrative of what's been going on; what he describes is the AtB setting and a possible future for it.

What I'd like to see (especially in conjunction with the Cross-Dimensional Travel material) is some guidelines for changing history - or if that's not possible, what happens when someone tries it.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

Its then nessisary to question when can people pop in and out of time? Is it manditory to make it 125 years? Can't there be a new rule that would make it more frequent? I never liked that. I have the book but I have never played the game.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
dataweaver
Adventurer

macksting wrote:"The original had a nice little bit about a recurring NPC who shows up throughout the future stages, giving something of a narrative of what's been going on; what he describes is the AtB setting and a possible future for it."

What book what page? I don't remember this and am understandably curious.

I don't have the book on hand (indeed, the only copy of it that I have any access to actually belongs to a friend of mine), so I can't give page numbers; but it is in Transdimensional TMNT, and it's in the section describing the future Twists.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

If nothing else, you can always look on Ebay for the sourcebook. I just scored a smegload of stuff for at least 1/2 of cover price! :D
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”