Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Sept. 22, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
Last Day for the After Bomb® and The Rifter® Sales. These three sales end at midnight tonight, so TODAY is your last chance to get them at these mind boggling prices. Offer ends tonight, Thursday, September 22, 2011. Ah, but they are being replaced with three new “I can’t believe the savings” sales.
Three NEW sales start today. I think these may be the last Palladium 30th Anniversary Sales of the year, so I’ve made sure they are really good ones. Two are designed to entice gamers to try a new Palladium game setting with a core rule book and a sourcebook. The third is intended to tickle your eyeballs and imaginations. You can read all the details below, but like the last batch of sales, they are crazy good deals. These items make great Christmas presents, provide an opportunity to try something new or help you to complete your collection. Enjoy.
A half dozen new books are closer to release
I am thrilled to report that new books are coming together and nearing completion.
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook is in final production. I assigned the artwork last weekend and sent the rest of the text in for Harmony Gold’s final approval. Apollo Okamura has finished the cover and it too has been submitted for approval. Apollo is also illustrating the characters from the television series. Allen and Brian Manning are busy illustrating the mecha, vehicles and other parts of the book. Pending approval from Harmony Gold, this book is on track for an October release.
UPDATE: Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook. I think we have an excellent shot at seeing this book released in December, 2011. Irvin has been working on it for a while now and it is coming along nicely. Apollo doesn’t have time to do the cover for this one, so I’m thinking about which artist I should approach to do it.
UPDATE: Rifts® Lemuria. I have been writing and editing Rifts® Lemuria and enjoying it very much. This book is also on track for an October Release.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #56. Cover is done. Wayne and Alex are working on final editing and the artwork has been assigned.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. When I’m done with Rifts® Lemuria, I plan on completing this book, then it is on to Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three, followed by Rifts® Megaverse in Flames™. I guess I’m going to be very busy the next few months.
UPDATE: Dead Reign® Sourcebook Three. Not only do I have Matthew Clements working on a hunk of material for this book, but in the process we’ve come up with ideas for 2-3 additional sourcebooks for the series. Good stuff, too. I still haven’t decide on the title for Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three, but I have a few good ones in mind. E.M. Gist is to paint the cover. Probably a November release.
UPDATE: Rifts® Megaverse in Flames. I’ve started to talk to artists and will be assigning artwork in a few weeks. Shooting for a November or December release.
UPDATE: Back in print – soon. Actually, there a few books that need to be reprinted, but these three are coming soon.
- Rifts® World Book 25: China 2
- Heroes Unlimited™: Mutant Underground™ – coming back in print.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™: Rise of Magic – coming back in print.
- And others!
30th Anniversary Sale ends TODAY. There are three sets of sale items available, but the offer ends tonight at midnight. A lot of people have taken advantage of them, you should too. Includes out of print Rifters® and a set of books at an unbeatable price. Check the sale out for yourself. I hope you enjoy the savings and the books.
Detroit FanFare Convention is this weekend – September 23 & 24, 2011. I’ve spent half my time this week preparing for the Detroit FanFare convention this weekend at Cobo Hall in downtown Detroit. We can’t bring our entire product line, but we’ll have 80% of it. I’m also bringing some A+Plus comic books and a few boxes of toys I think folks might be interested ine. We set up tomorrow morning! Prepping for a convention is always a lot of work. We’ve never been to this convention, but they have some great guests and it sounds like fun.
One of the guests is Kevin Eastman – co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles®. So this fun comic book and media convention will be a great chance to get your Ninja Turtles® game books (and comics) signed by one of the creators. Other guests include fan boy favorite actor, Bruce Campbell, and dozens and dozens of comic book guests. Palladium fans may be interested to know Dave Dorman (Palladium cover artist), Tim Bradstreet, and pal, Defiler and Palladium contributor of old, William Messner Loebs will also be attending, among many other guests.
Click here for more information about Detroit FanFare.
UPDATE: Palladium Open House – May 4, 5 & 6, 2012 (May 3 is VIP Night). I hope folks are saving up for the 2012 Palladium Open House, because we are planning to host the best one ever. Three days of nonstop Palladium role-playing games run by the very people who make the games. Plus costume contest (start planning yours now), panel talks, tours of the office, live auction, meeting and hanging with dozens of Palladium creators (more than ever appear at any one convention) and fun, fun, fun.
Gamers come from around the world. In fact, there was an inquiry on the Palladium Facebook Page from a gent in Australia who is seriously thinking about coming to the POH. (And he wouldn’t be the first Aussie to do so.) We already have gamers coming in from Canada, England, Germany and Japan, so if you live nearby – Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, or Ontario, Canada, shouldn’t YOU be thinking about coming on over? Btw, the answer to that question is YES. :)
More convention news and details are located toward the end of the Weekly Update.
UPDATE: Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles Store. I’ve been helping Alex with items to add to my Ebay store. He and I have been surprised by the strong sales of both toys and Palladium collectibles. It's nice to see, though we’re starting to run out of items. We’re almost out of signed and numbered Rifts® Ultimate Gold (it looks like there are fewer than 18 copies tucked away and we only have something like a dozen Rifts® Ultimate Gold “Printer Proofs”), and we are down to our last 2-3 copies of some of the out of print issues of The Rifter®. I’ve even put up a few items with signatures by Erick Wujcik and/or my Dad, but these too are items of a finite number. When these are sold out they are gone. Of course, items like artwork and proofreader copies of books are one-of-a-kind items to begin with. The scarce and one-of-a-kind items sell for higher prices, but I’ve been trying to hold down the cost as much as possible. Most of the toys are at low to blowout prices. Many of these items may be the ideal Christmas present for that “hard to buy for gamer,” so take a look. We’ll be adding more items every week.
Zombie Video: Have you seen the Queen of Ghouls’s videos yet? They are fun. Well, I think they’re fun. Of course, I helped work on many of the zombies. The Mad Doctor’s Laboratory is 50% me with the ghastly refrigerator and lab shelves full of crazy stuff being 90% my handiwork. Over the last couple years I found all kinds of odd bottles and cool items at garage sales to use in the lab display or make into props, like the zombie head in the bottle press. Just this past Saturday, I stopped at a garage sale on the way to the office and found a rusty old animal trap to add to the scene. Fun. Kathy changes and adds to her home Halloween display every year. This year will include more skeleton pirates and a police officer shooting into a group of zombies. Plus, I’ve souped up the laboratory scene and Kathy will be adding the Frankenstein Monster. She also hopes to have time to add a scene with Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin. Yeah, there are little “scenes/dioramas” scattered across her sprawling front yard. It’s like a Halloween Disneyland – minus the rides and price of admission. Kathy’s Halloween display will have more than 60 life-sized figures this year. It is a neighborhood sensation and she gets people driving in from as far as a hundred miles away to see it. Wild.
I hope I’m not going on too much about it. The display is amazing and Halloween is my second favorite holiday (a very close second to Christmas). So I admit, I may think these videos are more fun and exciting because I had a hand in creating the displays shown in them, and know the process Kathy went through to conceive and build them. But I think you’ll enjoy the videos too, especially if you like Halloween. They can be found at the new QueenofGhouls.com website. By the way, that’s Wayne Smith behind the wheel of the car rushing toward the zombies in the first video.
Halloween Store – QueenofGhouls.com – New website. Kathy has made and sold two werewolves in the last week (complete with furry bodies), a crazed nurse, a murderous Jester and a crawling zombie. More monsters are to be brought to life in the weeks leading up to Halloween.
Kathy Simmons makes and sells life-like, life-sized Halloween props that are realistic, durable, fun and funny. As good as they look in the photos, they are so much better in person. Her Ebay store currently offers a host of zombies, killer clowns, a sinister circus ringmaster, a werewolf, scary nurse, a new type of crawling zombie, wizard, witch and much more. Plus, she has plans for a Mad Doctor, more zombies and monsters in the works. Halloween is only 39 days away.
Kathy’s life-sized Halloween props are unlike anything you have ever seen (unless you’ve been to the Palladium Open House). If you are looking for a standout Halloween item for your front lawn, one of these will do the trick. Easy to set up, wet weather is no problem. Folds up for storage. WARNING: Once you see one of Kathy’s ghouls in person and get rants and raves from everyone who visits your home on Halloween, you may find yourself buying a new one every year. QueenofGhouls.com
Meanwhile . . . you’d think the above would be plenty, but I’ve been plotting other projects while wrapping up the current ones. I am confident we will wow you with the releases coming out in the next few months, and continue to please and impress throughout next year.
Well, I’d better get back to work.
Don’t forget about our crazy 30th Anniversary Sales and keep those imaginations burning bright.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher & Fan Boy
Final day for last week’s super-sale sets
LAST DAY FOR “I Can’t Believe this Crazy Sale” - Four books for $10. You get FOUR After the Bomb sourcebooks for $2.50 each (plus shipping) – Road Hogs™, 48 pages, $9.95 retail; Mutants Down Under™, 48 pages, $9.95 retail; Mutants of the Yucatan™, 48 pages, $9.95 retail; and Mutants in Avalon™, 80 pages, $16.95 retail.
- $10.00 is your special sale price for ALL four items! Sale ends at midnight today, Thursday, September 22, 2011.
- $46.80 is the total value at normal retail for these four items.
- Cat. No. MEM25. Offer ends at midnight, Thursday, September 22, 2011.
LAST DAY FOR the “Let Me Try The Rifter® Sale” – You get issues #43 and #44 of The Rifter®, plus The Best of The Rifter® at a ridiculously low price.
- $15.00 is your special sale price for ALL three items! Sale ends at midnight.
- $36.85 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM26.
LAST DAY FOR the “Out of Print Rifters® Sale” – You get three OUT OF PRINT issues of The Rifter® – #5, 6 and 7 at prices way below the collector’s market.
- $30.00 is your special sale price for ALL three items! Sale ends at midnight.
- $47.85 is the total value for these three items as sold by Palladium Books, possibly more in the collector’s market.
- Cat. No. MEM27.
Three NEW 30th Anniversary Sales
Here are three new sales to make you smile and grow your gaming experience.
- Three books including RPG for $24.93
Get the manga-sized Robotech® Shadow Chronicles RPG and the two current sourcebooks, Robotech®: Macross Saga and Robotech®: The Masters™ Saga at wholesale prices. ALL three books are the manga (digest) size and format, making them small and easy to carry anywhere. Fun to read, even more fun to play. A Mega-Damage setting compatible with Rifts®. Everything you need to start your own Robotech® campaign except dice and players.
You’ve been hearing us talk about Robotech® for months as three new sourcebooks are in production. Now’s your chance to get all three books in the series for the cost of a typical RPG. Give it a try. If you like Rifts®, science fiction and/or giant transformable robots fighting alien invaders, Robotech® is the game setting for you!
- Robtech® Shadow Chronicles® RPG®, 336 pages, $16.95 retail, manga-size. Everything you need to play – core rules, quick character generation (10-15 minutes), the Invid and Haydonites as bad guys, five UEEF O.C.C.s with many subsets and M.O.S. skills, the famous mecha: Cyclones, Alpha Veritech Fighters, Betas, and other mecha, vehicles, weapons, and more.
- Robotech®: Macross Saga Sourcebook, 256 pages, $15.95 retail, details the First Robotech War and contains the giant Zentraedi and all their famous war machines, as well as the human defenders and their iconic mecha: Valkyrie Veritech Fighters, the massive Destroids, plus new skills and M.O.S. skill packages, notable characters, and setting information.
- Robotech®: The Masters Saga Sourcebook, 256 pages, $16.95 retail, details the Second Robotech War and contains the information and mecha for the Robotech Masters such as Bioroids as the central villain. The soldiers of the Army of the Southern Cross are our heroes, and includes all 15 Army Divisions, their mecha or power armor, weapons, vehicles, and the famous Veritech Hover Tank, AJACs, Logan and more.
- $24.93 is your special sale price for ALL three items! The sale is ONE WEEK ONLY and ends at midnight, September 29, 2011. Tell everyone! Makes a great gift.
- $49.85 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM28.
Fantastic Fantasy Sale
– Three books for $35.00
Get the Palladium Fantasy RPG® and two big sourcebooks, The Northern Hinterlands and Land of the Damned™ One: Chaos Lands™, at wholesale prices. You pay $11.67 a book. That’s less than the cost of The Rifter®! Why such a phenomenal deal? Because this is the game that inspired Kevin Siembieda to start Palladium Books, so it seems appropriate to offer it in what is likely to be the final 30th Anniversary Sale of the year. We also want people to discover (and rediscover) the joy of the Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game® because we plan to support this game line big-time throughout 2012.
Everything you need to start your own fantasy campaign except dice and players. Inspired by Game of Thrones, Conan or the Lord of the Rings? Then use the Palladium Fantasy RPG® to unleash the possibilities.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, 336 pages, $26.95 retail, offers 25 O.C.C.s and R.C.C.s. Play Wolfen, Changelings, Elves, Summoners, Diabolists, the Mind Mage, Priest, Assassin, Thief, Mercenary Warrior and many others in a unique fantasy setting rich in history and magic. More than 300 magic spells, plus magic symbols, wards, magic circles, and much, much more.
- The Northern Hinterlands™, 192 pages, $24.95 retail, contains cold weather travel rules, 18 ancient magic items, 14 new monsters, 6 new O.C.C.s, barbarians, the Shadow Coast, other notable places and more.
- Land of the Damned One: Chaos Lands™, 192 pages, $24.95 retail, contains 12 new monsters, 11 new dying races, 14 Minions of Darkness (demonic or magical beings), plus a Random Monster Generator, the Deadly Dozen, world information and adventure ideas for Great Mountains, the Blasted Land and other dangerous locations.
- $35.00 is your special sale price for ALL three items! Available for ONE WEEK ONLY. Offer ends Thursday, September 29, 2011. Makes a great gift.
- $76.85 is the total value at normal retail for these three items.
- Cat. No. MEM29.
Art and Adventure Sale
– Three books for $17.00
This is another one of Kevin’s gone crazy sales. Three books for a ludicrous low price. No wonder it is offered for only one week. Each is visually stunning, fun to read, fun to look at, and can inspire gaming and adventure ideas.
- Rifts® Machinations of Doom. This often overlooked and underestimated 128 page sourcebook includes a 75 page Ramon Perez Rifts® graphic novel and 48 pages of source material based on the events and characters in the comic, with some very cool stuff and CS adventure ideas. $18.95 retail, Cat. No. 871.
- Rifts® & the Megaverse®: The Art of John Zeleznik®, 128 pages, $22.95 retail, and page after page of John Zeleznik concept sketches, color roughs and finished art all printed in gorgeous color on glossy paper. A must for anyone who loves artwork and/or enjoys Palladium’s artwork by Johnny Z. Ideal for aspiring artists as it shows the stages of many paintings from concept sketches to completion.
- Rifts® Coloring Book, 48 pages, $5.95 retail, with more John Zeleznik art, only this time it’s his pencil drawings presented so that you can color them with crayons, colored pencils, markers or watercolor paints. Fun to color, fun to have as a keepsake.
- $17.00 is your special sale price for ALL three items! Available for ONE WEEK ONLY. Offer ends Thursday, September 29, 2011.
- $47.85 is the total value for these three items at normal retail. Incredible savings.
- Cat. No. MEM30.
NEW! Rifts® World Book One:
Vampire Kingdoms™, New Revised Edition
– Available now
Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™ is in our warehouse waiting for your order. Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Order yours today.
For centuries, Mexico has been considered the realm of monsters best left alone. A land dominated by packs of Wild Vampires and rumored to be home of Vampire Kingdoms in the south. Most of the northern civilizations have stayed away, but over the last 20 years, a growing number of heroes, vampire slayers and adventurers have been waging something of a secret war against the undead. As that battle escalates, stories of heroes, vampires and entire human populations enslaved by the undead or penned, raised and slaughtered like cattle, are starting to leak out. Come see for yourself if the rumors are true and join the battle for humanity in Mexico.
- Vampire Hunter O.C.C.s, all new.
- Vampires: Their strengths, weaknesses and powers.
- Vampire strategies and plans for conquest.
- Vampire minions, henchmen and protectors, all new.
- Rifts vampires, how they think, behave, fight and kill.
- Different types of vampires, their Master, and the Vampire Intelligence (the deific creator of the undead).
- Hero Vampire and Deluded Vampire R.C.C.s as player characters.
- 40+ vampire abilities, vampire weaknesses and combat notes.
- Vampire combat and the weapons and techniques of vampire slayers.
- Who can be turned into vampires and who cannot.
- Chupacabras and other monsters and riding animals.
- Reid’s Ranger O.C.C. and the observations of Doc Reid, all new.
- Vampire fighting weapons, silver bullets, wooden stakes and more.
- The city-states of El Paso and Ciudad Juarez described. Updated and expanded.
- Town creation tables and rules. All new.
- Vampire ruled towns and the hold they have over them. All new.
- Wild Vampires and the secret behind their presence in northern Mexico.
- Overviews of the Vampire Kingdoms, with expanded material on vampire society, hierarchy, their psychology, behavior, human cattle and servants, vampire dominion over the villages and towns of Northern Mexico and much more.
- Ideas for adventure throughout. Updated and revised to 109 P.A.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda. Additional text and ideas by Matthew Clements and Braden Campbell.
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 802-E. Available now. Order yours today.
Here’s a link to a comprehensive review of Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™: http://roleplayerschronicle.com/?p=12454
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
– Ships October, 2011
The power, secrets and magic of the underwater realm of Lemuria revealed. Player characters can use symbiotes, magic and technology to breathe underwater and spend time below the waves.
Lemuria is more than an underwater civilization of aquatic beings. They can trace their lineage as far back as the Atlanteans and can survive on dry land as well as underwater. In fact, their greatest secret is that there is no one resting place for the Lemurians, their great cities are always moving. Learn about the people of Lemuria, new Biomancy magic and weapons, Biomancy engineered riding animals, sea herbs, new powers of healing, sea monsters, and more. Epic adventure awaits.
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Aquatic Biomancer and others.
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Biomancer Gardens and Aquatic Biomancy.
- Biomancy armor, weapons and equipment.
- Symbiotic creatures and constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater indefinitely.
- New psionic abilities.
- Sea Serpents, Sea Dragons, monsters, and riding animals.
- New dangers, new challenges, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. October release.
NEW! The Rifter® #56
– Ships October, 2011
The Rifter® is your doorway to unlimited imagination and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new heroes, powers, weapons, magic and adventure for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider.
The Rifter® #56: The articles are expansive and fun.
- Rifts® in space. The orbital communities and weirdness, by O.J. Pinckert.
- Beyond the Supernatural: Tainted Martyr P.C.C. by Steven Dawes.
- Nightbane®: Dark Days Chronicles Four – short story by Jeremy M. Hutchins.
- For all game settings – Time Travel rules by Greg Spivey and Jason Smith.
- News and coming attractions.
- Fiction and more.
- Cover by Irvin Jackson.
- $11.95 retail – 96 pages – Cat. No. 156. October release.
NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook
– Ships October, 2011
The battle for the liberation of Earth starts here. For the first time in its history, the Earth has been invaded and occupied by alien invaders – the Invid. The Invid think they have won, but Freedom Fighters, UEEF soldiers and other heroes continue to fight. This is the first sourcebook to combine ALL generations of Robotech® into one epic setting.
- A setting in which Battloids, Veritechs, power armor and technology from all eras of Robotech come together.
- Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of Robotech® mecha.
- O.C.C.s include the Freedom Fighter, Patcher, Urchin, Pathfinder and Invid Protoculture Experiments; seven in all.
- The resistance and how it operates in the New Generation setting.
- New weapons, vehicles and mecha.
- Guidelines for survival and rules for exposure.
- Stats for notable New Generation characters such as Corg, Sera, Lunk, Annie, Rook and others.
- World overview and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by Apollo Okamura.
- A standard 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook.
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. October 2011 release.
NEW! Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
The Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ will expand upon old material from the original Vampire Kingdoms World Book as well as much completely new material. Trouble is stirring in the Vampire Kingdoms as ambitious vampire lords, ladies and misanthropes seek to expand their power to dominate more mortal life forms. This sourcebook will be every bit as exciting and packed with cool stuff as Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™.
- Vampires of the Yucatan, the dark god Camazotz and more.
- Vampires and Werebeasts of the Yucatan.
- Expanded overview of the Yucatan.
- Doc Reid and key Rangers, plus Fort Reid described.
- Magic based Vampire Hunters and human strongholds.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and gear. Plus more non-TW vehicles and gear.
- Vampire Hunter “exterminators.” Mortal assassins who serve the vampires by hunting and destroying Vampire Hunters and other enemies of the Vampire Kingdoms.
- New info about the Vampire Kingdoms, adventure ideas and more.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Braden Campbell and Matthew Clements.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 884. October or November release.
NEW! Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, ‘nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell’s Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. November release.
NEW! Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders
Data about the chaos and madness of the early days of the Great Cataclysm, and the brave men and women who tried to stem the tide of destruction and save lives, the First Responders.
- Apocalypse Plagues: Strange diseases, symbiotes and mutations that transform, torment, harm and kill Earth's survivors.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- Civilian O.C.C.s, skills and orientation.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Character modification and enhancement rules.
- Creatures from the Rifts and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Jason Richards & Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 to 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Coming in 2011.
BACK IN PRINT
Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™
Earth is home to thousands of alien species from beyond the Rifts, but one of the strangest and most dangerous is the Xiticix. A danger nobody seemed to realize until the sprawling Hivelands began to encroach on the territories of other people. Armed with new breeds of aggressive warriors, new weapons and legions of insectoids willing to fight to the death, people are beginning to wonder if they are the next threat to humanity.
- 9 different types of Xiticix, their hierarchy and society.
- Xiticix Hive Cities, defenses and plans for expansion.
- Xiticix powers, abilities and weapons.
- Psi-Stalker Tribes fighting the Xiticix. The Psi-Stalker R.C.C. revisited.
- Heroes and Hardcases: groups and 15 Non-Player Characters.
- Plots against the alien invaders by the Coalition States, Lazlo and others.
- Fort Barron of the Coalition Army, mapped and described.
- Adventures, maps and many adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Wayne Breaux Jr.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 838. Available now. Order yours today.
BACK IN PRINT
Coalition Wars® One: Sedition
The Coalition Army is in place and waging war on Tolkeen, a Kingdom of Magic. This sourcebook lays the groundwork for an epic conflict and ongoing campaign. If you don’t want to play out the war, it provides all kinds of valuable stand-alone source material, magic items, magic spells, magic weapons, TW Iron Juggernauts, monsters, villains and adventure ideas.
- Magic vs Technology: Coalition anti-magic devices and tactics.
- 70+ Techno-Wizard weapons and devices.
- 10 Spells of Legend, 6 fabled magic artifacts, 11 maps.
- Techno-Wizard Iron Juggernauts – giant robot-like war machines powered by magic.
- Techno-Wizard vehicle construction rules plus 12 specific types of vehicles.
- Tolkeen’s war plans and strategies, plus a Tolkeen time-line of events leading to war.
- Tolkeen combat formations and monster allies.
- Notable places like the Great Skelebot Graveyard, City of Solomon, Camp Fatale, and others.
- Ley Line Magic, key people and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Bill Coffin.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 839. Available now. Order yours today.
BACK IN PRINT
Coalition Wars® Two: Coalition Overkill™
The war escalates on both sides. A new breed of Coalition officers begin to come to the forefront, and with them cruelty, murder and genocide. The Coalition Army is ruthless, but Tolkeen has a few tricks up its sleeve, like an alliance with a race of ancient demons known as the Daemonix.
- Introducing the Daemonix demons.
- 40+ NPCs, Coalition combat squads and operations.
- Coalition Flying Leviathan Stratocarrier.
- Tolkeen strategies and tactics.
- The Coalition’s campaign of revenge.
- Bounty Hunters, mercenaries, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Bill Coffin.
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 840. Available now. Order yours today.
Rifts® Book of Magic
– Back in Print – Available Now
This is the ultimate guide to magic on Rifts Earth. All the magic spells, magic tattoos, Techno-Wizard items, magic weapons, equipment, body armor, restraints, parasites, symbiotes, magic items, Automatons, Iron Juggernauts, and more from Rifts® World Books 1-23, Sourcebooks 1-4, and Siege on Tolkeen 1-6, collected into one big reference. This is a great reference book. Kevin and all of us at Palladium use it and the Rifts® Game Master Guide constantly.
- 850+ spells of great variety.
- 370+ magic items, weapons and devices.
- Elemental Magic, Temporal Magic, Ley Line Magic, Cloud Magic and Necromancy.
- Tattoo Magic, Nazca Line Magic, Nature Magic, Whalesongs and Ocean Magic, and more.
- Magic Songs, Chants, Biomancy, Magic Herbs, and Iron Juggernauts.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and devices, Rune Weapons, Millennium Tree wands and other magic items.
- Magic herbs, plants, components and symbiotes.
- Shamanistic magic, Fetishes, Talismans and more.
- Comprehensive index of Practitioners of Magic.
- Designer notes, comments, tips & hints for running magic characters.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and others.
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
– Back in Print – Available now
This fan-favorite sourcebook is filled with high-tech wonders, magic and monsters. There are 20 O.C.C.s (Occupational Character Classes) that range from the traditional ninja and samurai to power armor, giant robots and cyborgs.
- 20 O.C.C.s including the Mystic Ninja, Ninja Cyborg, Ninja Juicer, Cyber-Samurai, Ninja Techno-Wizard, Japanese Demon Queller & more.
- 12 suits of power armor including Samurai SAMAS and Glitter Boys.
- 9 giant robots.
- Cyborgs of Japan, including Dragon Cyborgs and other bionics.
- Advanced weapons, melee weapons and other gear.
- Mystical powers and martial arts.
- Enchanted weapons and items including the Living Samurai Sword.
- 11 notable demons, goblins and dragons of Japan.
- Kyoto Millennium Tree, visions, wands and weapons.
- Overview of Japan, its people, magic and technology.
- Written by C.J. Carella.
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818. Available now.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
– Back in Print – Available now
The Coalition State of Lone Star is a wild and woolly place of contrast and conflict. The Coalition States claims the entire State of Texas as their own, but they only control a small corner of it. It is here, at the Lone Star Complex, that the CS engages in genetic engineering and creates the famous Dog Boys and a host of other mutants. The rest of the state is held by the Pecos Empire – an empire of bandits, outlaws and rebels. The perfect companion to Rifts® New West™, Rifts® Spirit West™ and Rifts® Machinations of Doom™.
- 19 R.C.C.s, many of which are mutants.
- A few new O.C.C.s.
- Dog Boys – an in-depth look at how they are designed, bred and trained.
- Dog Boy armor and CS weapons.
- CS Death Wing assault armor.
- Hover cycles of the Lone Star state.
- Notable characters in the region.
- Overview of Lone Star and the Pecos Empire.
- Overview of the Lone Star Complex and the mad doctor who runs it.
- A wealth of background material and adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825. Available now.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads fromDriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include.
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
2011 Palladium Releases
2011 New Releases & Back in Print
- Rifts® World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms™ – New – Available now!
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™ – New – Available now!
- Armageddon Unlimited™ – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #53 – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #54 – New – Available now!
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 20: Canada – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Dark Conversions™ – Back in print – Available now
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Game Master Guide – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 5: Triax & The NGR™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® China One – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Megaverse® Builder – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Baseball Cap – Back in stock – Available now
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Black Vault™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Mercenaries™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™ – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Book of Magic – Back in print – Available now
June 2011 Releases
- Rifts® WB 23: Free Quebec™ – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
July 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #55 – New – Available now
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book One: Sedition– BACK IN PRINT – Available now
- Rifts® Coalition Wars® Book Two: Coalition Overkill – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™ – BACK IN PRINT – Available now
August 2011 Releases
- Rifts® World Book 1: Vampire Kingdoms™, New Revised Edition – New – Available now
September 2011 Releases
- Heroes Unlimited™: Mutant Underground™ – coming back in print
- Rifts® World Book 25: Rifts China 2 – coming back in print
October 2011 Releases
- Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria – New – in final production
- The Rifter® #56 – New – in final production
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New – in production
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – New – in production
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™: Rise of Magic – coming back in print
November 2011 Releases
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three – New
- Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames (Minion War™ crossover) – New
December 2011 Releases
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders – New
- And maybe a new Robotech® Sourcebook.
In the Pipeline
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy® other sourcebooks
- Nightbane® Sourcebook
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.
- Rifts® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ sourcebooks
- Warpath™ Urban Jungle RPG
- And other good stuff. Lots of other good stuff!
Recently Back in Print
Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®
- 336 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 450.
Rifts® World Book 20: Rifts® Canada™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 835.
Rifts® Dark Conversions™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 852.
Rifts® Game Master Guide
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 845.
Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook™
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 850.
Rifts® World Book Five: Triax & the NGR™
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 810.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825.
Rifts® World Book 24: Rifts® China One
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 857.
Rifts® Dimension Book 7: Megaverse® Builder
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 859.
Aliens Unlimited™ – For Heroes Unlimited™
- 208 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 515.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 851.
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Black Vault™
- 48 pages – $9.95 retail – Cat. No. 855.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 813.
Rifts® Book of Magic™
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848.
Rifts® World Book 23: Rifts® Free Quebec™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 837.
New Books in Development
(listed in alphabetical order):
Beyond the Supernatural™: Arcanum
Beyond the Supernatural™: Tome Grotesque
Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebook
Chaos Earth™ First Responders
Chaos Earth™ – Zombie Apocalyse Rifts-style during the Great Cataclysm.
Heroes Unlimited™ – Had two people who were supposed to be working on a pair of books, but they disappeared on me, so we are looking for folks to write a couple HU2 sourcebooks.
Nightbane® – An as of yet untitled project, and looking for more.
Palladium Fantasy® – Mysteries of Magic 2 & 3
Palladium Fantasy® – Tombs of Gersidi expanded and new.
Plus I have a few ideas on this front myself to revitalize this line.
Phase World®: United Worlds of Warlock™
Phase World®: Pirates of the Three Galaxies™
Rifts® Black Market
Rifts® China Three
Rifts® Deep South
Rifts® New Navy™
Rifts® Northern Gun™ – may be a series of books.
Rifts® Titan Industries™
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ adventure sourcebook.
Robotech® UEEF Marines™
Splicers® Sourcebook One – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
Splicers® Sourcebook Two – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
All of the above are being written right now. A few are already finished. Most will be 2012 releases. And this does not include projects I would like to do for Palladium Fantasy®, Dead Reign™, Warpath™: Urban Jungle and new mediums.
The Queen of Ghouls: Life-Sized Halloween Props
The Queen of Ghouls – Palladium’s very own Kathy Simmons – is locked in her dungeon, devising new ghouls for the coming Halloween season. Go to queenofghouls.com to see her current selection of life-sized Halloween props. See her zombie doctor and other new zombies, Jack Skellington and Sally, and more. New creations are on the drawing board, and so is a new website. Each Halloween prop is truly life-sized (most are 6 feet or taller – Jack is almost 8 feet) and seems almost alive.
Each is an all-weather, life-sized Halloween prop that can handle rain and snow, and is a one-of-a-kind work of art (no two are exactly the same). Each looks frighteningly “real.” All come apart and fold down to slightly larger than a king-size pillow for easy storage. Comes with easy instructions, a plastic storage bag, and the lawn stake to stand it up in your front yard. Indoor stand sold separately.
Types of “Ghouls” include: Zombies (all kinds!), killer clowns, wizards, witches, devils, grave ghouls, scarecrows, executioners, mad doctors, deadly nurses, vampires, werewolves, and more. Kathy’s also now offering an array of hand-painted Halloween signs, signs with heads and bodies hanging from them, witch’s brewing pots, Halloween centerpieces and more. Best of all, her high quality creations are much more affordable and imaginative than most competitors or mass produced items in a store, making them affordable Halloween fun.
If you think the photos online look good, you should see them in person. A typical “ghoul,” as she calls her creations, costs $129-$259. You can see some of her work at her Queen of Ghouls™ Ebay store – queenofghouls.com.
Conventions & Events
Palladium to attend Detroit FanFare, September 24 & 25
We’ve gotten confirmation of our end cap and are looking forward to seeing gamers and comic fans from Michigan, Ohio and the surrounding area come on down. The event is the Detroit FanFare, September 24 & 25 at Cobo Hall, downtown Detroit.
One of the guests is Kevin Eastman – co-creator of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles®. So this fun comic book and media convention will be a great chance to get your Ninja Turtles® game books (and comics) signed by one of the creators. Other guests include fan boy favorite actor, Bruce Campbell, and dozens and dozens of comic book guests. Palladium fans may be interested to know Dave Dorman (Palladium cover artist), Tim Bradstreet, and pal, Defiler and Palladium contributor of old, William Messner Loebs will also be attending, among many other guests. I’ll keep you posted as we firm up the details.
Click here for more information about Detroit FanFare.
Alliance Trade Show, October in Fort Wayne, Indiana
This is a trade show for retailers, but many hard working store owners and their employees are gamers and Palladium fans. I invite you to bring books for us to sign for your own collections and/or to put in your store as an extra selling feature. We’re happy to do it. I, Kevin Siembieda, and Wayne Smith will be present at the event. Also, please drop by to chat and get the latest news and developments at Palladium.
Gen Con Indy 2012
1. Palladium Books will be at Gen Con Indy 2012.
2. We need Game Masters to run Palladium game events. We want Palladium Books to be a much bigger part of the gaming experience at Gen Con Indy in 2012. Toward that end, we’re hoping a number of Game Masters will step forward and run “official” gaming events at Gen Con. To do that we need your help.
Let us know if you are planning to run at Gen Con Indy 2012, but most importantly, YOU NEED to contact Gen Con directly and fill out whatever Event Submission form/application and send it in to them BEFORE THE JANUARY DEADLINE. This can all be done online.
Note: Though there are different “rounds” and deadlines for submitting events, it is our experience that submitting in time for the very first deadline is the only way to sure-fire guarantee the event will be included. So please, let’s plan now and get our events entered in the first round, mid-January 2012. Megaversal Ambassadors, please be a vocal and visible part of getting people to run Palladium gaming events for Gen Con Indy 2012. Any and all game settings (Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited, Palladium Fantasy®, Robotech®, Dead Reign™, Nightbane®, Splicers®, Robotech®, BTS, and all the rest) are welcomed. Let’s make the halls of Gen Con Indy 2012 ring with Palladium gaming.
2012 Palladium Open House – May 4-6, 2012
The Palladium Open House is three days (four with VIP night) of non-stop role-playing gaming, a chance to meet and hang with the Palladium staff, artists and writers, participate in panel talks, get autographs, and have a blast. Game with the people who make the games at the very place they are designed. YOU are part of Palladium’s extended family, and we invite YOU into our home to join us for gaming, fun and more. The Palladium Open House has a fun, family feel and is three days (four with VIP night) of games, fun and opportunity for making wonderful memories that will last a lifetime.
● 90+ Gaming Events:
- Chaos Earth™
- Heroes Unlimited™
- Ninjas & Superspies™
- Phase World®/Three Galaxies™
- Dead Reign™
- After the Bomb®
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®
- Beyond the Supernatural™
- and more . . .
● 40+ Palladium creators under one roof.
● Game with the people who make the games you love, like Kevin Siembieda, Julius Rosenstein, Carl Gleba, and other Palladium creators.
● Enter the Costume Contest and you might win a cool award and prize.
● Enjoy panel talks that are fun and insightful.
● Get autographs and chat with creators.
● Have the time of your life.
● What other game company invites you to game with them at their place?
● We are hosting this event because YOU demanded it. So come on over and join the fun.
Place your order today.
We recommend you RESERVE your hotel now. Your credit card is not charged until the event, but reserving your room early gives you peace of mind and helps Palladium so we can block more rooms if we need them. If necessary, you can cancel your room up to a few weeks before the event.
This may be our last Open House. Having sufficient parking is becoming an issue. While we should be okay for the 2012 POH, the parking situation is likely to prevent future events. So don’t miss out.
V.I.P. Thursday (May 3, 2012). Available now. YOU are the VIP. You get in an afternoon early (doors open at 3:00 PM – catered dinner at 5:30 PM) and are the first to play in special game events, participate in special panel talks, purchase items, and enjoy a dinner catered by Kathy Simmons (and those who have been to past VIP nights know how awesome that is). Reserve your place today.
Weekend Admission is Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Reserve your place today. Placing your order early helps us on many levels, and tells us how many people to expect and how many hotel rooms to reserve.
Individual Day Admission might work better for you. If you can only make it one day, that’s okay with us. Come on down.
Hotel is the location you love at the same 2009 rates ($69.95 a night). The hotel does not charge your card until a day before the event, so reserve NOW. We are concerned they might run out of rooms at our special price, so reserve your room as soon as possible. Based on the economy, the hotel has not reserved the entire hotel for us as they have in the past. Book your room fast so you know you have a place to stay. The hotel now offers free hot breakfasts and we will have two conference rooms for late night gaming and additional open gaming.
Plan to enter the Costume Contest. Winners get a nice plaque and real prizes. Rifts/sci-fi, fantasy, modern (includes horror) and best of show are the categories.
Click here for more details and to reserve your tickets.
Game Masters wanted for 2012 Palladium Open House (POH). The sooner you notify us that you are running “official” POH games and how many games/time slots, the better. We want to get our gaming schedule up and posted online early this time. We typically need 90+ gaming events. That means we need you. FYI: You can run the same game more than once, I do.
Palladium is in need of Game Masters to run events at the 2012 Palladium Open House. G.M.s who run three or more events get a special discount on product and a gift (typically a T-shirt, but maybe something different this year). Palladium NEEDS your commitment to run and a description of the games no later than January 29, 2012 – SOONER IS BETTER. Our thanks to those of you who have already committed to run. Please let us know what you want to run. Julius Rosenstein already has 7 events scheduled. Be like Julius and let us know as soon as possible. Thank you.
© Copyright 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.