Palladium Books® Weekly Update – October 20, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
It has been another super-busy week. I seem to work non-stop from morning till 9:00 PM at night every day, and I still can’t quite get caught up. Part of it is we’re juggling so many cool projects. Add in the day to day duties of running a business, trying to launch comic books, and the holidays and there are just not enough hours in the day. Halloween is a big deal for me. It’s a close second to Christmas, and I like to spend as much time as I can squeeze out helping my dear friend Kathy Simmons set up her yard and make ghouls. This year, I have not had as much time as I would like to do that.
I was going to say that the past few months have been a wild ride, but it has been another wild year. At least Alex seems to be doing much, much better. I’ve been told by everybody to slow down to avoid health issues of my own, but there’s so much to be done and we’re already behind on deadlines, I don’t see how that’s possible. I swear time is flying at an accelerated pace. One minute it is 8:00 AM, the next minute it’s noon, and what seems to be an hour later it’s 6:00 in the evening.
UPDATE: Online sales and the economy. Even with Christmas Surprise Packages, sales continue to bounce up and down. It troubles me that so many people are reporting having trouble making ends meet and thank us for doing the Christmas Grab Bags. It’s rough for Palladium and many of us out there, so I’ve been trying to load up on the Grab Bags, averaging around $93 worth of product each. Don’t know if I can keep that up all season, but I’m working on it. It is our pleasure to offer the Christmas Surprise Packages again for, I think, it’s the 14th year. We gotta stick together right? ;) I am confident things will pick up with the release of new books. Hey, take advantage of the X-Mas Surprise Package offer and enjoy.
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation and Rifts® Lemuria. I’m frustrated because I knew I could get one book finished for absolute certain for an October release (maybe two). The question was, which one, Robotech® or Rifts® Lemuria? I picked Robotech® New Generation™ because the folks at Harmony Gold were hot on seeing it released. Turns out to be a bad choice as the book has been done for weeks, but hung up in the approval stage. There aren’t any problems I’m aware of, it’s a matter of the gang at Harmony Gold suddenly found themselves buried in a matter with a higher priority, so we wait. I’m sure they’ll get back to us as fast as they can but . . . Gahhhhhh. Meanwhile, a number of things have stolen my time these past few weeks from giving Rifts® Lemuria the attention it needs to get it finished. I’ve finally cleared a big hunk of my schedule and intend to get Rifts® Lemuria to the printer in the next two weeks!
Other Products You Will Enjoy
We sure have not been resting on our laurels, and we have a bunch of other fun products for you in time for Christmas.
BACK IN PRINT! Your favorite T-shirts are coming back in print. I have sent the ever popular Dead Reign™ T-Shirt in for reissuing (white art and printing on the front of the black shirt, red on the back). It should be ready to ship by the end of next week, so get those orders in NOW! Full description is elsewhere in this Weekly Update and in the store.
NEW Edition T-Shirt. After a 10 year absence and what feels like a never ending cavalcade of requests for it, Palladium is reissuing fan fave T-shirt: Coalition Christmas™ and at a special low price during the Holiday Season (now through New Year’s Eve). After New Year’s Eve the shirt will go up to our usual price structure. The shirt was out of print because the original art was lost until an old photostat (1995!) was found buried in the Palladium archives.
I’m offering the Coalition Christmas™ T-shirt at special low prices because this is one of my favorite shirts (and yours) of all time, it is cool, and it is fun – guaranteed to put a smile on the face of anyone who knows even a little about Rifts® – and in these tough times we all need to smile and enjoy some good cheer. I want it to be affordable for everyone who wants one to get one this holiday season. Black print on an attractive light sand colored T-shirt. Sizes Small to 5XL. See the full description for prices and details (sizes under 2XL $15.00 and less). As far as I’m concerned, EVERY Rifts® gamer needs this shirt. Ho, ho, ho. :)
BACK IN PRINT: Property of the Coalition States™ T-shirt. This is another popular T-shirt that’s coming back in print by in time for the holidays. Black print on grey T-shirt. Nice. Sizes Small to 5XL.
Sorry, no 6XL sizes. One of my T-shirt guys thought he could get 6XL shirts (yes, we do get some requests for this size), but it turns out he cannot. Most new T-shirts and re-released shirts come in sizes Small to 5L.
NEW! Palladium Bookmarks, Set One. Trust me on this, these bookmarks are very cool. There are four in the set, each depicting a different Palladium game line. Set One has four different bookmarks: Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™ and Dead Reign™. They are attractive and useful. If the first set sells well and you want more, we’ll do another featuring art from other game lines and titles. Based on what similar bookmarks sell for, we figure the set of four should have an $8.00 value, but we’re selling the set of four for only $5.00.
NEW! Rifts® Path of the Storm – One writer’s vision for the Rifts® Movie. Think of this as your glimpse into the process of making the Rifts® Movie. Understandably, everyone is always asking me about the Rifts® Movie. What’s been done? Will it be made? Can I tell them about the scripts I’ve seen? And so on. I’m sworn to secrecy on most fronts, but here is something I can finally share. A book that gives you one proposed movie script written for Rifts® on speculation. It also includes a few pages of me talking about my experiences, some concept art for this script and RPG stats for key characters featured in the script. Furthermore, the story can be used as a template for your own adventure and it is a fun read. See the description elsewhere for complete details. A November or December release. (Yes, this is one of the things we’ve been working on behind the scenes.)
NEW! The Rifter® #56 was released last week. It’s another great issue and I highly recommend it. The Rifter® is always an excellent resource for new and alternative ideas for gaming and adventures. This issue is especially rich in both. Order yours today.
UPDATE: Christmas Surprise Packages are for EVERYONE. Even though we call this annual holiday offer the Palladium “Christmas” Surprise Package they are intended for gamers everywhere. They are intended to be our gift to you, hence the autographs, bargain and effort to make what you get a “surprise.” Don’t pass up the chance to get signed books, artwork, T-shirts and other Palladium goodies ($80-$90 or more worth of books and stuff for $38 plus shipping and handling). It’s a great way to get gifts for whatever holiday you celebrate as well as for birthdays, anniversaries and other special occasions. Or use the Surprise Package to fill in holes in your collection, get back issues of The Rifter®, or to try new game settings. Ask for autographs and we’ll sign every book in your Surprise Package. We ship every day or two (every day as we get closer to the holidays).
UPDATE: Palladium Open House, May 4-6, 2012. This a truly unique and special event. Though we see people ordering tickets and reserving hotel rooms every week, I want to keep the Open House in people’s minds because I want to make this the biggest POH blow-out ever. I want to see a record number of gamers in attendance. See the description of the event toward the end of this Weekly Update (revised and updated last week). Join the fun. The last batch of V.I.P. Thursday tickets will be made available in February. We’ll keep you posted.
UPDATE: Rifts® Lemuria. I worked on it a bit yesterday for the first time all week. Starting today, its rapid completion is my number one priority.
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook is pretty much done. We are waiting to get final approval and changes from Harmony Gold. As soon as we get those two things, we lay the book out and send it to the printer.
UPDATE: Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook. See the description elsewhere in this Weekly Update. It is about half written and has been scheduled for a January release (pending approval from the Licensor). It is shaping up to be another epic sourcebook. 8½ x 11 size. 96 pages.
UPDATE: Dead Reign® Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™. This is going to be another fun sourcebook that will surprise and please gamers. In addition, Mike Mumah has whipping up something special for the Endless Dead™ zombie sourcebook that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Matthew Clements is done with his contribution to the book and I cannot wait to finish the book up and get it in your hands. A November release.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. When I’m done with Rifts® Lemuria, I plan on completing this book, then it is on to Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three, followed by Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™. My plan is to devote the vast majority of my time to getting these products finished over the next 10 weeks.
UPDATE: Back in print – soon. There are several books that need to be reprinted, but these are coming soon.
- Palladium Fantasy®: Wolfen Empire™ – coming back in print.
- Rifts® World Book 25: China 2 – coming back in print.
- Heroes Unlimited™: Mutant Underground™ – coming back in print.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™: Rise of Magic – coming back in print.
- And others!
UPDATE: Game Master Support Kits should be available next week. Wayne and Carl are working to get them finished and available by the end of next week. The end result should give Game Masters a nice, beefy resource to draw upon to run games on the fly and help in running demos, games and campaigns. The Game Master Support Kits will be made available for free to Megaversal Ambassadors and sold on DriveThruRPG.com for a small fee. We’ll let you know when these items are available.
UPDATE: DriveThruRPG.com. We’ll be posting G.M. Support Kits as well as sneak previews for Rifts® Lemuria, Vampires Sourcebook, and Endless Dead™ on DriveThruRPG.com as soon as we can.
Don’t forget, DriveThruRPG offers more than 90 out of print titles (and a few that are not) as PDF downloads. It is a good resource for getting The Rifter® #1-48 and to fill in your RPG library with first edition copies of Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™, and other game lines, as well as books such as Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™ and both versions of the The Mechanoids® RPG (1985) and The Collected Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy (1981-1983).
UPDATE: Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles Store. More toys and action figures have been posted. I’ll have Alex put up more Palladium collectibles, art prints, artwork and out of print books (signed) tonight and over the next few days. Most of the toys are at low to blowout prices. Many of these items are ideal as Christmas presents. All are from my private collection. We’ll be adding new items once or twice a week so keep your eyes peeled.
Halloween Store – QueenofGhouls.com – If you are looking for Halloween decorations that are truly unique and fun, then check out this website. Palladium’s very own Kathy Simmons makes and sells life-like, life-sized Halloween props that are realistic, durable, fun and funny. As good as they look in the photos, they are so much better in person. Her Ebay store currently offers a host of zombies, killer clowns, a sinister circus ringmaster, a werewolf, scary nurse, a new type of crawling zombie, wizard, witch and much more. Plus, she has plans for a Mad Doctor, more zombies and monsters in the works. Halloween is only 11 days away.
Kathy’s life-sized Halloween props are unlike anything you have ever seen (unless you’ve been to the Palladium Open House). If you are looking for a standout Halloween item for your front lawn, one of these will do the trick. Easy to set up, wet weather is no problem. Folds up for storage. WARNING: Once you see one of Kathy’s ghouls in person and get rants and raves from everyone who visits your home on Halloween, you may find yourself buying a new one every year. QueenofGhouls.com
Kathy’s Home Display is finally finished. She’s added something like 20 new figures (more than 80 total!), including zombies everywhere, Jack Sparrow and Davy Jones to her pirate scene, Charlie Sheen to her card table scene, Frankenstein’s Monster, a new mad doctor, and a slug-monster. She even created a Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin scene with Charlie, Sally, Lucy, Linus, Snoopy and Woodstock.
Hundreds of people come driving by every day, many stopping to take a closer look and taking photos with the displays. (Kathy has a sign telling folks they can walk around to get a better look.) It’s cool to see and I wish I wasn’t so busy so I could hang our more and talk to people. After all, I have helped to create some of it. Of course, Kathy is the “queen” (of Ghouls and Halloween), and mad genius behind the massive and fun display. It is nice to see so many people getting so much pleasure from Kathy’s work. Many have even taken the time to thank her for going all out like she does for Halloween. Nice.
Enjoy the holidays, the new products coming from Palladium Books and game on!
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer & Surrogate Santa
Fan Comments from Christmas Grab Bags
Along with the tradition of the Christmas Surprise Packages is including a selection of comments sent in with the orders. It’s a nice way to acknowledge some of our fans and to share with you the kinds of things we hear from gamers throughout the season. We show only initials as some people would rather keep their identity private. Our thanks for your kind words of appreciation and encouragement. Keep those imaginations burning bright, game on and find joy this holiday season. – Kevin Siembieda
V.Y. in Singapore, writes: The economy is in doldrums. I worry about my job. I struggle to make ends meet. BUT . . . Kevin Siembieda and Palladium Books are still standing and still sending out X-Mas packages, so I guess things look a bit brighter and cheerier after all! Thanks Palladium.
M.H. in Crystal Lake, Illinois, writes: Thanks for sharing Rifts® with me, Kevin. I avoided it for so long and now I can’t wait to discover more!
C.G. in Bakersfield, California, writes: I’ve been role-playing most of my life. Played a lot of games. You guys are my favorite game company by far. Hang in there and keep up the good work!
W.R. in Saginaw, Minnesota, writes: Keep up the great work. You are appreciated.
J.K. in Fredriction, New Brunswick, Canada, writes: Got my first bag last year, and it was AWESOME! Big fan since ‘89, started with PFRPG 1st, Edition, book is looking rough though. It may be time to upgrade to 2nd Edition. I have A LOT of Rifts® books, and I am always wanting to complete my collection. Great Job guys, keep it up!
C.B. in Flagstaff, Arizona, writes: Your games are the most imaginative that I’ve ever played, and I appreciate that.
L.L. in Springfield, Oregon, writes: Due to job situations I’ve been unable to purchase the new books as they’ve come out. I’m excited about this X-Mas special opportunity, so I can catch up. Thanks guys, keep up the good work.
A Coalition Christmas T-Shirt
– At special holiday prices.
Kevin wanted to make this shirt was so affordable that anyone could buy this playful T-Shirt depicting a Coalition Dog Pack man-handling Santa (He is a magic user after all.) Scattered on the floor from Santa’s bag of presents are action figures of a Skelebot, Glitter Boy, Erin Tarn, Emperor Prosek, Victor Lazlo, Mechanoids, a Dog Boy plush toy, Spider Skull Walker, RPG books and other items. The words: “Merry Christmas from the Coalition States,” perfect.
This T-Shirt has been a fan fave requested for years, but the art for the shirt was lost. The T-shirt place had gone out of business, artist Scott Johnson had sold the original art at a convention and did not have a photocopy, and Palladium’s original design and photocopies had vanished. It was only recently that Publisher Kevin Siembieda found a photocopy tucked away where it didn’t belong in the Palladium archives. The rediscovery of the photostat has allowed us to reissue this beloved T-shirt in all sizes for the first time in a decade.
As noted earlier, Kevin thought this joyful shirt should be made available for the holidays at prices affordable for everyone. These prices are good from now through New Year’s Eve. Order yours today.
- Art & Design by: Scott Johnson
- Catalog Number: 2553
- Available Sizes:
- Description: To distinguish this T-shirt from the original, which was printed black on a white shirt, this new edition is printed black on an attractive sand colored shirt.
- Availability: Sold on a first come, first served basis while supplies last. Supplies are limited, especially in the smallest and largest sizes (3XL and larger).
- Ship Date: November 7, 2011 (maybe sooner). Taking orders right now.
- Note: Yes, you can “ask” for this awesome shirt in your Christmas Surprise Package, but if you get one it has a $20 value when included as part of a Surprise Package regardless of size and price in the Palladium Online Store.
Dead Reign™ T-Shirt
– The Zombie Apocalypse
The ultimate Zombie Apocalypse T-shirt: The front depicts a woman armed with a shovel standing on the roof of her car as a massive horde of zombies swarm around her. The front of the shirt reads: "Ever have one of those days?" Below the art is the Dead Reign™ logo and the words “The Zombie Apocalypse.” Printed white on a black T-shirt. Art by Amy Ashbaugh.
The back of the shirt is red on black and says, "Relax, it's not like it's the end of the world or anything." - but most of that statement has lines crossing it out leaving only the words “it's the end of the world.” Under it is a Nick Bradshaw zombie silhouette and a small version of the Dead Reign™ logo. Funny, poignant, awesome!
- Concept & Design by: Wayne Smith and Kevin Siembieda.
- Art By: Amy Ashbaugh (front), Nick Bradshaw (back).
- Available Sizes:
Small, Medium, Large or XL: $18.95
- Description: See above. Palladium's usual, quality 50/50 blend T-shirt and printing. White on black on the front, red on black on the back.
- Catalog Number: 2531
- Availability: At the printer. All sizes available from Smallest to 5X Large.
- Ship Date: Next Wednesday, October 26, 2011 (maybe sooner).
- Note: Yes, you can “ask” for this shirt in your Christmas Surprise Package, but if you get one it has the full price listed above. Inclusion in Surprise Packages will be very limited, so do not be disappointed if you do not get this shirt in a Grab Bag.
Coming Soon – Property of the Coalition States™ T-Shirt
We plan to reprint this T-shirt as soon as our cash-flow improves, probably in a couple weeks. It has the symbol of the Coalition Army and the words, “Property of the Coalition States” emblazoned on it.
- Concept & Design by: Wayne Smith
- Catalog Number: 2528
- Available Sizes:
Small, Medium, Large or XL: $18.95
- Description: The symbol of the Coalition Army and the words, “Property of the Coalition States” printed black on gray. 50/50 blend the same as all our shirts; pre-shunk.
- Availability: Sold on a first come, first served basis while supplies last. Supplies are limited, especially in the smaller and largest sizes (3XL and larger).
- Ship Date: November 18, 2011 (maybe sooner). Taking pre-orders right now.
- Note: Yes, you can “ask” for this shirt in your Christmas Surprise Package, but if you get one it has the full price listed above. Inclusion in Surprise Packages will be very limited, so do not be disappointed if you do not get this shirt in a Grab Bag.
Don’t forget there is also a fabulous Property of the Coalition States™ coffee mug; white image on black cup. Perfect for that hot cup of cocoa on a cold winter’s night, or soda when you game. Looks very official. Everyone at Palladium has one. Holds 15.5 ounces. Mircrowave safe. Cat. No. 2543. Other coffee mugs include Rifts®, Dead Reign™ and Gamer mugs. See the Palladium Books online store for complete details.
NEW! Palladium Bookmarks, Set One
A set of four, 2 x 6 inch bookmarks, each depicting a different Palladium game line: Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™ and Dead Reign™. They are attractive, useful and make a fun collectible.
- Designed by Kevin Siembieda and Wayne Smith.
- Art by Scott Johnson (Rifts® Ultimate cover), E.M. Gist (Dead Reign™ RPG cover), Mark Evans (Palladium Fantasy®), and Tyler Walpole (Heroes Unlimited™).
- Each is 2 x 6 inches, full color, printed on both sides.
- Four different bookmarks in the set.
- Catalog Number: 2554. $5.00 retail. Based on what similar bookmarks sell for, we figure the set of four should have an $8.00 value, but Palladium’s price is only $5.00.
- Ship Date: Available now.
- Note: Yes, you can “ask” for this item in your Christmas Surprise Package, but if you get one it counts as an $8 value.
The Rifter® #56 – Available NOW
The Rifter® #56 shipped to stores, distributors and subscribers last week. Have you ordered your copy?
The Rifter® is your doorway to unlimited imagination and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new heroes, powers, weapons, magic and adventure for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider.
The Rifter® #56: The articles are expansive and fun.
- Rifts® in space. The orbital communities and a new threat, by O.J. Pinckert.
- Beyond the Supernatural™: Tainted Martyr P.C.C. by Steven Dawes.
- Nightbane®: Dark Day™ Chronicles Four – short story by Jeremy M. Hutchins.
- For all game settings – Time Travel rules by Greg Spivey and Jason Smith.
- News and coming attractions.
- Fiction and more.
- Cover by Irvin Jackson.
- $11.95 retail – 96 pages – Cat. No. 156. Available now.
NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook
– Ships November, 2011
The battle for the liberation of Earth starts here. For the first time in its history, the Earth has been invaded and occupied by alien invaders – the Invid. The Invid think they have won, but Freedom Fighters, UEEF soldiers and other heroes continue to fight. This is the first sourcebook to combine ALL generations of Robotech® into one epic setting.
- A setting in which Battloids, Veritechs, power armor and technology from all eras of Robotech® come together.
- Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of Robotech® mecha.
- 7 new O.C.C.s include the Freedom Fighter, Patcher, Urchin, Pathfinder and Invid Protoculture Experiments.
- The resistance and how it operates in the New Generation setting.
- New weapons, vehicles and mecha.
- Guidelines for survival and rules for exposure.
- Stats for notable New Generation characters such as Corg, Sera, Lunk, Annie, Rook and others.
- Invid Hives, world overview and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by Apollo Okamura.
- An 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook (not manga size).
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. November 2011 release.
NEW! Robotech® Genesis Pits Sourcebook
The Genesis Pits Sourcebook takes a deep look at one of the most awesome and terrifying powers wielded by the Invid: the ability to alter genetic structures and evolve their own species as well as other beings. To that end, the Invid have built massive evolutionary laboratories across the Earth and numerous worlds in an effort to find the perfect form to dominate the universe forever. The sourcebook includes a wide range of mutations, different types of Genesis Pits, new Robotech O.C.C.s and new "Frankenmechs" – hybrid mecha made from the leftovers of Earth's fallen defenders.
The Genesis Pits Sourcebook goes beyond the cartoon and deep into the machinations of the Invid and their deadly consequences for all who happen into their path.
- New genetic mutations usable by most characters.
- Several never-before-seen Genesis Pits, like the Everglades Hell Gardens.
- Evolutionary experiments gone wrong, like giant insects and devolved Invid, and extinct creatures from Earth's past.
- Genesis Pits on alien worlds filled with strange monsters.
- New Frankenmechs, like the Fury (a Valkyrie and Zentraedi power armor hybrid).
- The last surviving Robotech Masters and their clones.
- The Invid Simulagent R.C.C.
- Mutated Zentraedi.
- The fate of the Alaska Grand Cannon and more.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- An 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook (not manga size).
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 555. December 2011 or January 2012 release.
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
The power, secrets and magic of the underwater realm of Lemuria revealed. Player characters can use symbiotes, magic and technology to breathe underwater and spend time below the waves.
Lemuria is more than an underwater civilization of aquatic beings. They can trace their lineage as far back as the Atlanteans and can survive on dry land as well as underwater. In fact, their greatest secret is that there is no one resting place for the Lemurians, their great cities are always moving. Learn about the people of Lemuria, new Biomancy magic and weapons, Biomancy engineered riding animals, sea herbs, new powers of healing, sea monsters, and more. Epic adventure awaits.
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Aquatic Biomancer and others.
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Biomancer Gardens and Aquatic Biomancy.
- Biomancy armor, weapons and equipment.
- Symbiotic creatures and constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater indefinitely.
- New psionic abilities.
- Sea Serpents, Sea Dragons, monsters, and riding animals.
- New dangers, new challenges, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. November release.
NEW! Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
Unknown to most humans, deep within Mexico the vampires have established entire kingdoms. There they live like tyrants and gods, dominating an underclass of cattle people used as slaves and foodstock. Learn more about the vampires, their rivals, allies and the humans who willingly serve their supernatural masters for a chance to join the undead. A must-have guide for those who wish to travel deeper into the Vampire Kingdoms or play as vampires and their human minions.
- More human kingdoms within Mexico like the Tampico Military Protectorate and Durango, the Silver City.
- Firefighting robots, hover firetrucks and more anti-vampire gear.
- Magic based Vampire Hunters and human strongholds.
- Techno-Wizard anti-vampire weapons and magical devices.
- Profiles for Doc Reid and Reid’s Rangers, the world’s most famous Vampire Hunters.
- Fort Reid, an entire city devoted to hunting the undead.
- The Bloodwatch, a secret vampire intelligence agency that tracks down and exterminates Vampire Hunters.
- The Yucatan Peninsula, a mysterious dimensional pocket overrun by strange demons known as Xibalbans.
- The return of the Mayan god Camazotz, Lord of Bats and Darkness.
- The werebeasts of Mexico and Central America; those who assist the vampires and those who fight against them.
- New O.C.C.s like the Bloodwatch Vampire Operative, Silver Swords Militia, Werejaguar Vampire Hunter and the Vampire ‘Borg.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements and Braden Campbell.
- $16.95 – 128 pages. Cat. No. 884. November release.
NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™
As time goes on, the zombie hordes only grow in size and strangeness. This book contains horrifying new zombies to haunt your player characters along with new O.C.C.s and tons of tables for detailing Survivors’ Hideouts, Safe Haven Communities, Death Cults and more. Survival is not enough. Now is the time for the war against the Endless Dead™. This book is going to be epic. Kevin and all the Palladium creators are pushing the envelope with each and every book they work on.
- New types of zombies like the Fused Zombie, Multi-Zombie, Parasite Juggernaut and Walking Mass Grave.
- New O.C.C.s including the Survivalist, Watcher, Wheelman, Zombie Hunter and Zombie Researcher.
- More information on vehicles and tables for adding custom armor, weapons and anti-zombie defenses.
- Rules for vehicle combat and zombie-fighting in vehicles.
- Generation tables and random encounter tables for military bases, police stations, gun stores, buildings, suburbs, industrial parks, small towns, farmland and wilderness.
- Tables for creating Survivor caravans, hideouts, hermits, Safe Haven Communities and Death Cults.
- Timetable for setting campaigns during the Wave, the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse or months into the reign of the dead.
- Stats for some of North America’s dangerous wildlife, a threat to survivors and zombies alike.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by Mumah, Bradshaw and others.
- 64-96 pages (final page count yet to be determined) – $12.95 or $16.95 retail depending on final size of the book – Cat. No. 233. November release.
Dead Reign™ RPG – Available Now
With zombies and horror all the rage in film and books, this RPG captures all the best aspects of the zombie genre. The setting is as much about survival in a post-apocalyptic world as it is about battling legions of walking dead. If tales of human survival, horror and zombies are of interest, you will love this fast paced game and its sourcebooks.
- Six Apocalyptic Character Classes (O.C.C.s), and Ordinary People with 40+ occupations to choose from.
- Seven types of zombies plus the Half-Living.
- Secrets of the Dead and tips on fighting zombies.
- Point-blank zombie combat rules, vehicles and equipment.
- Death Cults, their Priests, power over zombies and goals.
- 101 Random Scenarios, Encounters and Settings.
- 100 Random Corpse Searches and other tables.
- Quick Roll Character Creation tables.
- A powerful setting and many adventure ideas.
- Complete stand-alone RPG with skills, weapons, game rules and guidelines for using other Palladium settings.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, with Josh Hilden & Joshua Sanford.
- $22.95 – 224 pages. Cat. No. 230. Available now!
- Note: There are two sourcebooks also available now: Civilization Gone™ (Cat. No. 231) and Dark Places™ (Cat. No. 232), each is 64 pages and retails for $12.95.
NEW! Rifts® Path of the Storm
– One writer’s vision for the Rifts® Movie
This is a unique, fun product that presents an entire screenplay written on speculation by Matthew Clements. That’s how Kevin met Matthew, he showed up at the Palladium office with a Rifts® screenplay in hand and said, “Hi, I’m a screenwriter and I’ve written a Rifts® screenplay, would you like to read it?” Kevin read it, was impressed, and met with Matthew afterward several times to discuss changes and improvements. Matthew did a second draft and it was sent to Jerry Bruckheimer Films for their consideration. Meanwhile, Matthew and Kevin hit it off and the next thing he knew he became Palladium’s new staff writer.
Kevin and company thought it would be fun to let Rifts® players see the type of Rifts® movie we at Palladium Books would like to see made. So we are presenting Matthew’s screenplay as a proposed Rifts® movie script and Rifts® sourcebook. The screenplay is a fast, fun adventure story, and worth the read. To make it more fun, Matthew has statted out the key characters in the script and you can use the heroes, villains and story ideas in your own campaign should you want to do so.
This was all Kevin Siembieda’s idea. He thought fans might like to see one of the attempts to get the Rifts® movie made. “Matthew’s Rifts movie script, written entirely on spec,” said the Publisher, “is one of the best I have seen. That’s why I had him do a second draft and try to get JB Films to take a look at it.” This screenplay is not likely to ever be turned into a movie, but now that it has been published, it is part of Palladium canon and can be drawn upon as a resource if Hollywood should choose to do so.
In addition to Matthew’s Rifts® movie script and RPG character stats, there is some text by Kevin Siembieda about his adventures in Hollywood as well as some artwork. This is a unique product and a fun read that lets you step behind the veil at Palladium Books. A bit of insight on just one of the many projects that have gone on behind the scenes this year at Palladium.
- A complete movie screenplay, with dialog.
- A story that captures the look, feel and attitude of Rifts®.
- Character stats for inclusion in your own games.
- Take the story and ideas and use them in your own Rifts® campaign.
- Some concept art and character illustrations.
- A nice evening’s read and insight to behind the scenes at Palladium.
- Cover and artwork by Charles Walton.
- More behind the scenes from Rifts® creator Kevin Siembieda.
- Written by Matthew Clements. Additional notes by Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 pages – $12.95 retail – Cat. No. 305. November release.
NEW! Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, ‘nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell’s Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. December release.
NEW! Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders
Data about the chaos and madness of the early days of the Great Cataclysm, and the brave men and women who tried to stem the tide of destruction and save lives, the First Responders.
- Apocalypse Plagues: Strange diseases, symbiotes and mutations that transform, torment, harm and kill Earth’s survivors.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- Civilian O.C.C.s, skills and orientation.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Character modification and enhancement rules.
- Creatures from the Rifts and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Jason Richards & Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 to 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Coming in 2012.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
4th Quarter 2011 Releases
October 2011 Releases
- The Rifter #56 – at the printer – ships October 14
- Heroes Unlimited™: Mutant Underground™ – coming back in print
- Rifts® World Book 25: Rifts China 2 – coming back in print
November 2011 Releases
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New – in final production
- Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria – New – in final production
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – New – in production
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™ – New - in production
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™: Rise of Magic – coming back in print
December 2011 Releases
- Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames (Minion War™ crossover) – New
- If possible, Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook, but this is feeling more like it will slide into a January release.
All of Palladium’s Core Game Lines to be Supported in 2012
All of the following (and more) are being written right now. A few are already finished. Most will be 2012 releases. And this does not include projects I would like to do for Palladium Fantasy®, Dead Reign™, Warpath™: Urban Jungle and new mediums.
New Books in Development (listed in alphabetical order):
Beyond the Supernatural™: Arcanum
Beyond the Supernatural™: Tome Grotesque
Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebook
Chaos Earth™ First Responders
Chaos Earth™ – Zombie Apocalypse Rifts-style during the Great Cataclysm.
Heroes Unlimited™ – Had two people who were supposed to be working on a pair of books, but they disappeared on me, so we are looking for folks to write a couple of HU2 sourcebooks.
Nightbane® – An as of yet untitled project, and looking for more.
Palladium Fantasy® – Mysteries of Magic 2 & 3
Palladium Fantasy® – Tombs of Gersidi expanded and new. Plus I have a few ideas on this front myself to revitalize this line, including writing Land of the Damned 3 for 2012 release.
Phase World®: United Worlds of Warlock™
Phase World®: Pirates of the Three Galaxies™
Rifts® Black Market
Rifts® China Three
Rifts® Deep South
Rifts® New Navy™
Rifts® Northern Gun™ Books One & Two.
Rifts® Titan Industries™
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ adventure sourcebook.
Robotech® UEEF Marines™
Splicers® Sourcebook One – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
Splicers® Sourcebook Two – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
Recently Back in Print
Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®
- 336 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 450.
Aliens Unlimited™ – For Heroes Unlimited™
- 208 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 515.
Rifts® Dark Conversions™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 852.
Rifts® Game Master Guide
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 845.
Rifts® Book of Magic™
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848.
Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook™
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 850.
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Black Vault™
- 48 pages – $9.95 retail – Cat. No. 855.
Rifts® World Book Five: Triax & the NGR™
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 810.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825.
Rifts® World Book 24: Rifts® China One
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 857.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 7: Megaverse® Builder
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 859.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 851.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 813.
Rifts® World Book 20: Rifts® Canada™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 835.
Rifts® World Book 22: Rifts® Free Quebec™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 837.
Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 838.
Coalition Wars® One: Sedition
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 839.
Coalition Wars® Two: Coalition Overkill
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 840.
2011 Christmas Surprise Package
– Available now thru December 23, 2011
The Christmas Surprise Package is our way of saying thank you to our fans and to putting smiles on the faces of gamers around the world.
What is a Palladium Christmas Surprise Package? $80-$90 (or more!) worth of Palladium Books product for only $38 plus shipping and handling. A minimum of eighty dollars ($80) retail. Sometimes much more! Santa Kevin often packs in $90-$100 worth of goodies.
It’s a surprise package because you never know exactly what you’re going to get or who will sign your books. We try to include many of the items on your “wish list,” but we’ll surprise you with stuff you are not expecting. All Surprise Packages are “handpicked” by Kevin Siembieda from YOUR “wish list.” All books will be autographed if you want us to sign them. For many of you, this is the only way to get autographs!
We are taking orders right now and start shipping them out on Tuesday, October 11. Buy one or ten, but get at least one. Buy them as gifts or to try a new game line, or fill holes your collection. Just don’t miss out. The Surprise Packages start shipping on October 11 till December 23, 2011.
Spread the word. Tell all your gaming pals, because the Christmas Surprise Package is only publicized by word of mouth, to readers of The Rifter® and on Palladium's website, so tell everyone you know. Buy one for every gamer you know and have a very Merry Christmas.
Click here for more information and to place an order.
Palladium Open House
– May 4, 5 & 6, 2012 (May 3 is VIP Night)
The Palladium Open House (POH) is, plain and simply, a blast for everyone.
Think family reunion with people you like from around the world that involves laughs, fun and three days of role-playing games. (Four for those who attend VIP Thursday.) We invite you into our home – the Palladium warehouse and office – where we make the games you love and treat you like family and welcomed guests.
● 40+ Palladium creators are there for you. The Palladium staff and as many of the freelance writers, artists, Game Masters and Megaversal Ambassadors as possible (typically 30-45) are present the entire event. Many run games you can play in. All are there to sign autographs and talk with you.
Unlike game conventions, at the Palladium Open House you have unprecedented access to Kevin Siembieda and other Palladium creators, because they are there, on the floor with you all day long. They are happy to talk about Palladium Books, artwork, writing, movies, comic books and exchange stories about their own gaming experiences as well as listen to yours. Some artists are willing to do sketches of your characters, others bring prints and original artwork to sell. All are friendly and goofy gamers just like you. It seems like we laugh and have fun all weekend long, stopping only to catch a little sleep.
● Gaming events are run all day and into the night. Many are run by the very people who create the games, like Kevin Siembieda, Julius Rosenstein, Carmen Bellaire, Carl Gleba, Brandon Aten, Mark Oberle, Irvin Jackson and many others. There is also an open gaming area for pick up games. When gaming ends for the day at Palladium, there are two meeting rooms at the hotel where you can continue to play games, chat and have fun into the wee hours of the night.
● Panel talks (every day). I and others host several panel talks and question and answer sessions that reveal secrets, offer G.M. tips, player tips and lots of laughs.
● Costume contest (Saturday). YOU should make a costume based on one of Palladium’s RPG settings and enter the costume contest. It is always a ton of fun and winners who take 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place all get Palladium gift certificates and a plaque worthy of hanging on the wall. Best of show gets a $100 gift certificate (actually, it’s Palladium Bucks redeemable wherever you find Palladium, at the POH, conventions, or via mail order). Costume contest categories are: Rifts/Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror/Modern/Superhero, and Best of Show.
● Live auction (Saturday). Get rare, out of print books, proofreader copies, artwork, prints, posters, collectibles, and strange things put up for rapid-fire auctioning by Kevin Siembieda.
● Meet fans from around the world. This year we already have gamers coming from Japan, Australia, Germany, England, Canada and across the country. Note: Our capacity is limited to about 350 people, so if there is a bigger than usual turnout, you may not be able to attend. Order your admissions tickets and reserve your hotel room now. The hotel will not be charged to your credit card till the day before the event.
● The POH is inexpensive compared to most game and comic conventions. You get more bang for your buck, total access to Palladium creators and enjoy everything for the price of admission.
The cost of admission covers everything. The games, the panel talks, the auction, entry in the costume contest . . . EVERYTHING.
The hotel is only $69.95 a night for a room with two double beds or one king-size bed. Suites are under $140. Free hot breakfasts. Note: you MUST tell them you want a room in the Block Reserved for Palladium Books to get the special rate. Your credit card is not charged until a day before the event, so reserve early. Call 734-455-8100, Comfort Inn Plymouth Clock Tower Hotel.
Food and stores all around. There are fast food places and inexpensive restaurants to eat all around Palladium Books. A Bennigans is across from the hotel. Denny’s, Dunkin Donuts and McDonald’s are down the street one direction, Burger King, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Lee’s Chicken, Baskin & Robbins, and more are down the other way. Westland Mall is a half mile away, so is Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Kohls, Macy’s, Sears, JC Penny, Lowes, Meijer, Sam’s Club, Ikea and Dollar Tree, among many others. A large movie theater is around the block, almost walking distance, and another is near Westland Mall. We’ve got it all. ;)
Price of Admission
Palladium Open House – May 4, 5 & 6, 2012
$40 for the Three Day Weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) when ordered in advance per each individual. $50 at the door and after March 31, 2012, if space is available. Cost of emission covers all events. Note: VIP Night, May 3, 2012, is an additional cost. A new batch of tickets will be made available in February, 2012.
$20 for Friday 9:00 AM till Closing.
$20 for Saturday 9:00 AM till Closing.
$10 for Sunday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
$75 per person for VIP Night – Thursday – May 3, 2012. VIP night is a catered event limited to around 70-80 gamers plus Palladium creators. It is an additional cost, so if you plan to attend the entire weekend you must get a weekend ticket as well. NOTE: Since VIP tickets sell out so fast, we offer them in two batches. The first is sold out. The second offering will be in February 2012. VIP Thursday, May 3, 2012: 3:00 P.M. till 11:00 P.M.
Placing Your Order: Please include your FULL address and apartment number. Also include the complete NAME of EACH person you are ordering a ticket for, as well as your telephone number in case there is a problem and we need to contact you.
Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard and most credit cards are accepted. All Credit Card orders must include: Credit Card No. – Name on the card – Address of the Credit Cardholder – Expiration Date – Telephone Number of the cardholder. If you are buying tickets for several people, please make sure we have the full NAME of each person.
By Telephone: Call (734) 721-2903 – have your credit card information ready. You may place your reservation online in a similar way as placing a book order or you may use Palladium’s order line (734) 721-2903.
Check or Money Order by Mail: Sent via the USPS or other delivery service. Send check or money order to:
39074 Webb Court
Westland, MI 48185-7606
Please include your FULL address and apartment number. Also include the complete NAME of EACH person you are ordering a ticket for, as well as your telephone number in case there is a problem and we need to contact you.
All tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis, so get your reservations in as soon as possible! Due to space and parking limitations and safety concerns, attendance will be limited to approximately 350 admission tickets.
Click here for more details and to reserve your tickets.
The Queen of Ghouls: Life-Sized Halloween Props
The Queen of Ghouls – Palladium’s very own Kathy Simmons – is locked in her dungeon, devising new ghouls for the coming Halloween season. Go to queenofghouls.com to see her current selection of life-sized Halloween props. See her zombie doctor and other new zombies, Jack Skellington and Sally, and more. New creations are on the drawing board, and so is a new website. Each Halloween prop is truly life-sized (most are 6 feet or taller – Jack is almost 8 feet) and seems almost alive.
Each is an all-weather, life-sized Halloween prop that can handle rain and snow, and is a one-of-a-kind work of art (no two are exactly the same). Each looks frighteningly “real.” All come apart and fold down to slightly larger than a king-size pillow for easy storage. Comes with easy instructions, a plastic storage bag, and the lawn stake to stand it up in your front yard. Indoor stand sold separately.
Types of “Ghouls” include: Zombies (all kinds!), killer clowns, wizards, witches, devils, grave ghouls, scarecrows, executioners, mad doctors, deadly nurses, vampires, werewolves, and more. Kathy’s also now offering an array of hand-painted Halloween signs, signs with heads and bodies hanging from them, witch’s brewing pots, Halloween centerpieces and more. Best of all, her high quality creations are much more affordable and imaginative than most competitors or mass produced items in a store, making them affordable Halloween fun.
If you think the photos online look good, you should see them in person. A typical “ghoul,” as she calls her creations, costs $129-$259. You can see some of her work at her Queen of Ghouls™ Ebay store – queenofghouls.com.
Conventions & Events
2012 Gen Con Indy
Palladium Books has already reserved its booth at Gen Con Indy 2012.
We need Game Masters!
We want to have a bigger presence at Gen Con Indy 2012 and that means more Palladium gaming events. We want Palladium Books to be a much bigger part of the gaming experience at Gen Con Indy 2012. Toward that end, we’re hoping a number of Game Masters will step forward and run “official” gaming events at Gen Con. To do that we need your help.
Please let us know if you are planning to run at Gen Con Indy 2012, but most importantly, YOU NEED to contact Gen Con directly and fill out the Event Submission form/application and send it in to them BEFORE THE JANUARY DEADLINE. This can all be done online.
Note: Though there are different “rounds” and deadlines for submitting events, it is our experience that submitting in time for the very first deadline is the only way to sure-fire guarantee the event will be included. So please, let’s plan now and get our events entered in the first round, mid-January 2012. Megaversal Ambassadors, please be a vocal and visible part of getting people to run Palladium gaming events for Gen Con Indy 2012. Any and all game settings (Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited, Palladium Fantasy®, Robotech®, Dead Reign™, Nightbane®, Splicers®, BTS, and all the rest) are welcomed. Let’s make the halls of Gen Con Indy 2012 ring with Palladium gaming.
© Copyright 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.