Palladium Books® Weekly Update – May 5, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
News and Updates first . . .
Books are selling, the new website is getting close to going live, a lot of Palladium gamers are voting on our poll and offering very helpful observations and suggestions about Palladium products, as well as ideas for the future. Awesome, keep them coming. As for the staff, we continue to work like maniacs and could use a break, but can't afford to take the time. In fact, Wayne is coming in on Saturday to get some extra work in. I hope to be writing vampires, vampires, vampires!
UPDATE: New Palladium Website goes live next week. The website is almost done and ready to debut. Mark Dudley saw it yesterday for the first time and thought it was outstanding, saying, "This will turn some heads." We think so too. The new look is more dynamic, cleaner, easy to use, updated, and fun. That's the good news. The bad news, I've spent most of the week working with Rex and Wayne on it. Whew, there's a lot more work to these things than you'd think, and I'm not even doing the heavy lifting. If all goes according to plan, the new website will go live Monday or Tuesday evening. Keep your eyes peeled.
UPDATE: Palladium's Facebook numbers are increasing. We are only TWO people away from hitting 2500 people who like the page, we're seeing around 2,000 active users a month, and I've been posting a lot more the past two weeks, as are Alex and an increasing number of freelancers. Plus, we plan to do more with the page in the months ahead. Join the fun.
UPDATE: Online sales. I'm happy to report online sales are up this week and finally hovering around the level we like to see them. With any luck, sales will remain strong for a while or even continue to climb. They should, as Palladium continues to build momentum with the regular release of new titles, and growing excitement over our plans for the future. Best of all, folks are clamoring for the two Rifts® Vampire titles, as well as Rifts® Lemuria, Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook and Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames. So I guess I'd better start writing and editing faster!
UPDATE: Rifts® Thundercloud Galaxy™ – the book shipped last week, gamers are loving it and we're seeing a lot of positive response to it. As we had anticipated, people are surprised but delighted with the content. We continue to see a large number of gamers purchasing one or two additional books with their Thundercloud Galaxy™ order; typically Armageddon Unlimited™, Dimensional Outbreak™, Rifts® Japan, Rifts® Lone Star™ orThe Rifter #54. Get your copy today.
For a preview of the book, go to DriveThruRPG.com to get the free PDF download. It is easy to create a free account and only takes a couple of minutes. The free Armageddon Unlimited™ Sneak Preview is also available.DriveThruRPG.com is a good resource for getting The Rifter® #1-48 and to fill in your RPG library with first edition copies of Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™, and other game lines as well as books such asNightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™ and both versions of the The Mechanoids® RPG (1985) and The Collected Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy (1981-1983).
UPDATE: Rifts® Japan and Rifts® Lone Star™ are back in stock and also selling well.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™. I've spent most of the week clearing my schedule so that I can finish rewriting Vampire Kingdoms with little interruption in the next week. I'm burning with ideas and writing is going well.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. I'm kinda working on this book at the same time as Vampire Kingdoms, making notes and kicking material that doesn't fit in the Kingdoms' rewrite into the sourcebook.
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. No movement on this title this week as my energy has been spent elsewhere. I did have a nice talk with Tommy Yune and he was glad to hear we want 2-4 Robotech books out by the end of the year.
UPDATE: Rifts® Lemuria. Must assign art.
I approved the new cover composition and color sketch for it Wednesday. It will be another crowd pleaser. Epic. And scary. I look at the cover and I think, holy $%@+ that's happening on Rifts Earth! Oh yeah. ;)
UPDATE: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three. I actually made a few notes for this book this week.
UPDATE: Alex. Work is progressing well at Alex's fire damaged home. A new roof goes on next week and interior work continues. I think electrical (whole house needs to be rewired) and furnace happen next week. Alex has been handling the mounting costs and is starting to get excited now that very visible progress can be seen. He hopes to be back home by the end of the month. The strain on him and his family has been difficult. Fingers crossed.
Also recently brought back in print:
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- Rifts® Black Vault™
- Rifts® Mercenaries™
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook
- Rifts® Baseball Caps
Palladium Presence at A-Kon – June 10-12, Dallas, Texas. Reminder to fans in the Dallas-Houston area that Megaversal Ambassador, Kenneth Haun, is running Palladium gaming events at A-Kon. Join the fun. Sorry, none of us can make the event.
Palladium to attend Gen Con Indy – August 4-7. We mention this every week because we want to make sure everyone knows and swings by our booth. Spread the word. Even though there are no "official" Palladium gaming events there are always a bunch of "unofficial" games. Please stop by the Palladium booth to chat and get autographs, pick up new books and back stock titles, and have some fun. Palladium people you'll get to meet include:
- Kevin Siembieda
- Wayne Smith
- Nick Bradshaw (artist)
- Michael Mumah (artist)
- Brandon Aten (writer)
- Matthew Clements (writer; tentative)
- And others to be announced.
QueenofGhouls.com – Kathy Simmons has another 2-3 new zombie creations going up on her store by Sunday (two just sold!) – including one of her popular "crawling zombies" suitable for outdoor and indoor display. Kathy creates astonishing, real looking, life-sized Halloween props. I can't tell you how often these "ghouls" have scared the heck out of me. In fact, it happened just last week.
Happy Birthday Wayne. That should have been part of last week's Update because Wayne's birthday was last Sunday. We're celebrating it tomorrow. Hmm, is it my imagination, or is Wayne moving a bit slower since his birthday?
That's the news and specific updates I can think of; now read about what's happening Behind the Scenes.
Behind the Scenes Report – Palladium Books®
We are thrilled with the amount of input we are getting from our last two Weekly Updates about the future of Palladium and what YOU would like to see, as well as our online poll and the suggestions and comments that have come with it. Keep 'em coming.
Momentum. We feel like we are making strides on a number of projects and target milestones already. The new Palladium website goes live next week (shooting for Monday or Tuesday), our Facebook page is attracting an audience, sales are up, and we are collating a ton of data on numerous projects and ideas. I think we have more new books in waiting for final editing and printing, and more in development than at any time in our history.
Palladium is making a buzz. I have asked you to make some noise and spread the word about Palladium and our plans. Well, you are doing a good job, because there is a lot of excellent discussion. Let's keep it up! Do not underestimate the power of word of mouth. Keep talking about Armageddon Unlimited, Thundercloud Galaxy, the upcoming Rifts® Vampire books, your favorite games and sourcebooks and positive movement at Palladium Books. Posts and chatter by freelancers, staff, YOU and me on Facebook, the Palladium website and elsewhere (especially elsewhere) is creating mounting excitement and positive discussion.
I'm even happy to hear from Palladium's critics and nonbelievers. We need to hear what people think, believe and want. I'm sure many of the things we are researching and considering will delight a lot of people. I'm also certain we won't go far enough or give some people everything they want. I learned a long time ago you can't please everyone, but we listen to EVERYONE and consider every point of view. In the end, all you can do is what you think is best and try to satisfy as many people as you can, and that's exactly what we plan to do.
I don't blame the doubters for some of their assumptions and negativity, especially those who have commented that they've heard some of this before and nothing ever came of it. They're right.
We've had a lot of plans over the last several years after the Crisis of Treachery that we have been unable to make a reality. Some of the things we are talking about now include some of them. All are things I've wanted to do for a long time, but couldn't. I'm not making excuses, I'm trying to explain that not only did we have to face the emotional and economic aftermath of the Crisis of Treachery, but we were clobbered with one disaster, loss and crisis after another, and it took its toll. It took its toll on all of us.
I wish people could understand everything Palladium has gone through. Palladium has faced one debilitating challenge after another since the Crisis of Treachery, and as much as we strived to do more, we just couldn't. It's been a crucible, but we've come out of it stronger and more driven.
So why can you expect results this time? For a number of reasons.
1. I'm different. Somehow my head is sharper and more focused than it has been in a long time. Somehow I've been able to recharge my creative batteries and I'm fired up on every level, from the creative to business.
2. I don't know about you, but the Palladium crew and I, as well as our freelancers and friends,are sick and tired of disaster. We're tired of limping along. We want Palladium strong. We want to stretch our creative wings and produce products, in a variety of mediums, that will blow your minds and make you squeal with delight like a child on Christmas morning.
3. I'm taking charge to shape Palladium's destiny into one of rebirth, creativity and success. I'm soliciting input and ideas and seeking inspiration from my staff, my writers, my artists, and from you, as well as other resources.
4. I've empowered my brilliant freelancers to cut loose like they never have before and create amazement. I want them to dream and dream big.
5. I've challenged the Palladium creators to strive to meet your expectations and then exceed them. Only their "A" game is acceptable.
6. Palladium's freelance writers, artists and other associates have never been as committed and driven to create for Palladium and make things happen. Plus Palladium has seen an influx of highly motivated new talent helping us to turn aspirations into reality. Rex Barkdoll and his work on the new website is just one example.
7. We are taking action. For those who might think these are just words, they are mistaken. We are highly motivated and making things happen action. Even before the Creators Conference, we've been researching, organizing, formulating plans and setting the groundwork for a better future.
Just words? Hardly. You are seeing thing happening already.
- The Creators Conference was dynamic action that has set into motion many positive endeavors.
- The efforts of Mark Dudley and our weekly meetings move Palladium closer to doing comic books every week. My many other meetings and telephone calls every week are more action.
- The Facebook page is tangible action.
- The new Palladium website going live next week is positive action.
- The release of upcoming books is welcomed action.
- Will there be stumbles and delays, yes. Will it stop our forward movement, no.
8. YOU are the final part of the equation for success. And we need you to make it all possible. You can start by telling us what we're doing right and the areas you'd like to see changed or improved. Don't stop there, offer suggestions on how we can make those changes. Tell us what types of products you'd like to see. Should we be doing new T-shirts, coffee mugs and prints? Do you want to see other items? If so, like what? Tell us your ideas for celebrating Palladium's 30 Year Anniversary (an accomplishment worth celebrating). And fear not, our Number One goal is RPG products for all of our game lines.
Please take a minute to participate in our poll. Indicate what products and areas you would like to see Palladium expand into.
Click here to vote in our ongoing poll.
If the Crisis of Treachery taught me anything, it's that we can accomplish anything when we work together. Where there is a will, there is a way. We know that to be true. Your response to the Crisis has proven it.
I keep saying, exciting times are coming, but I think they are already here. Thank you for being part of it. Keep those imaginations burning bright and game on.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher
Rifts® Book of Magic – Back in Print
– Ships May 25, 2011
This is the ultimate guide to magic for Rifts Earth. All the magic spells, magic tattoos, Techno-Wizard items, magic weapons, equipment, body armor, restraints, parasites, symbiotes, magic items, Bio-Borgs, Automatons, Iron Juggernauts, and more from Rifts® World Books 1-23, Sourcebooks 1-4, and Siege on Tolkeen 1-6, collected into one big reference.
- 850+ spells of great variety.
- 370+ magic items, weapons and devices.
- Elemental Magic, Temporal Magic, Ley Line Magic, Cloud Magic and Necromancy.
- Tattoo Magic, Nazca Line Magic, Nature Magic, Whalesongs and Ocean Magic, and more.
- Magic Songs, Chants, Biomancy, Magic Herbs, and Iron Juggernauts.
- Techno-Wizard weapons and devices, Rune Weapons, Millennium Tree wands and other magic items.
- Magic herbs, plants, components and Symbiotes.
- Shamanistic magic, Fetishes, Talismans and more.
- Comprehensive index of Practitioners of Magic.
- Designer notes, comments, tips & hints for running magic characters.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and others.
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848.
- Back in print May 25, 2011.
NEW! Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™
– Ships April 25, 2011 – Available Now
The book is done, at the printer and awesome. Great ideas, great art, unique new alien races available as player characters, weird creatures and monsters, secrets of the Gene-Tech, weapons of the Dominators, ancient ruins, colony creation rules, adventure galore and much, much more.
The Scramble is the mad dash to claim and colonize the thousands of worlds of the Thundercloud Galaxy. Colonists flock to the Thundercloud filled with dreams. Space Pirates and an array of cutthroats also flock to the galaxy, guns in hand, ready to rob and fleece the colonists. Lawmen and heroes are in great demand, and the opportunities for clever adventurers are said to be without limit. As the civilizations of the Anvil and Corkscrew Galaxies scramble to colonize the Thundercloud, they are beginning to realize the galaxy holds more riches, beauty, horrors and secrets than anyone has ever imagined, making it a place of discovery, adventure and treachery like no other.
Thundercloud Galaxy™ is a perfect companion to the rest of the Phase World®/Three Galaxies™ based Dimension Books as well as the Minion War™ series. Players can be pirates, raiders, brigands or hired guns, or they may be explorers, adventurers, Spacers, or any number of heroes trying to protect the colonists or the indigenous peoples of countless worlds and colonies. The possibilities are truly limited only by your imagination.
- 17 new alien R.C.C.s plus the Elder Races, Dominators and more.
- 9 notable monsters and strange creatures, plus minions.
- Learn about the mysterious Elder Races, complete with stats.
- Dominator weapons, gear and salvage available to players.
- Gene-Tech and their chemical enhancements, gear and salvage available to players.
- Monster Creation Tables.
- Colony Creation Tables.
- Indigenous People Tables.
- 101 Ruin Adventures.
- Notable spacecraft, weapons, power armor and gear.
- Discover the Exiles, Splugorth Bio-Wizard Doctors, Denlech, Trensik Mercenaries and other mysterious people.
- An overview of the Thundercloud Galaxy, bits of history, new insights and many avenues of adventure.
- Any type of space opera and science fiction scenario you can imagine can be played out in the Thundercloud Galaxy.
- Written by Braden Campbell and Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik. Art by Michael Mumah.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 883. April 25, 2011.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
– Back in Print – Available Now
This fan-favorite sourcebook is filled with high-tech wonders, magic and monsters. There are 20 O.C.C.s (Occupational Character Classes) that range from the traditional ninja and samurai to power armor, giant robots and cyborgs.
- 20 O.C.C.s including the Mystic Ninja, Ninja Cyborg, Ninja Juicer, Cyber-Samurai, Ninja Techno-Wizard, Japanese Demon Queller & more.
- 12 suits of power armor including Samurai SAMAS and Glitter Boys.
- 9 giant robots.
- Cyborgs of Japan, including Dragon Cyborgs and other bionics.
- Advanced weapons, melee weapons and other gear.
- Mystical powers and martial arts.
- Enchanted weapons and items including the Living Samurai Sword.
- 11 notable demons, goblins and dragons of Japan.
- Kyoto Millennium Tree, visions, wands and weapons.
- Overview of Japan, its people, magic and technology.
- Written by C.J. Carella.
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818. Ships April 25, 2011.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
– Back in Print – Available Now
The Coalition State of Lone Star is a wild and woolly place of contrast and conflict. The Coalition States claims the entire State of Texas as their own, but they only control a small corner of it. It is here, at the Lone Star Complex, that the CS engages in genetic engineering and creates the famous Dog Boys and a host of other mutants. The rest of the state is held by the Pecos Empire – an empire of bandits, outlaws and rebels. The perfect companion to Rifts® New West™, Rifts® Spirit West™ and Rifts® Machinations of Doom™.
- 19 R.C.C.s, many of which are mutants.
- A few new O.C.C.s.
- Dog Boys – an in-depth look at how they are designed, bred and trained.
- Dog Boy armor and CS weapons.
- CS Death Wing assault armor.
- Hover cycles of the Lone Star state.
- Notable characters in the region.
- Overview of Lone Star and the Pecos Empire.
- Overview of the Lone Star Complex and the mad doctor who runs it.
- A wealth of background material and adventure ideas.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825. Ships April 25, 2011.
NEW! Rifts® World Book One:
Vampire Kingdoms™, Expanded & Updated
Kevin Siembieda is reorganizing, tweaking, expanding and updating one of the most popular Rifts® World Books ever published: Vampire Kingdoms™. This will include some new artwork and an expanded page count. The book will be updated and expanded in much the same way as Kevin did with Rifts® Sourcebook One a few years ago. Best of all, it will be accompanied by the Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™.
- The observations of Doc Reid.
- Vampires: Their strengths, weaknesses and powers.
- The Vampire Kingdoms expanded.
- Vampire strategies and plans for conquest.
- Vampire hunters and Techno-Wizard slayer devices (new and old).
- Key locations including Juarez and El Paso.
- The mystery of the Yucatan Peninsula.
- Traveling Shows, Freak Shows and Circuses.
- Monsters, D-Bees, and adventure ideas galore.
- Updated and revised to 110 P.A.
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 192 to 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 802-E. Spring 2011.
NEW! Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
All new source material
Trouble is stirring in the Vampire Kingdoms as ambitious vampire lords, ladies and misanthropes seek to expand their power to dominate more mortal life forms.
Written by Kevin Siembieda and a handpicked selection of other writers, this sourcebook explores the vampires of Mexico and their kingdoms in ways you never imagined. Tons of new data, adventure ideas and revelations.
- Vampire protectors and guardians.
- Vampire rogues, mercenaries and warlords.
- Vampire operations away from the Kingdoms.
- Vampire incursions along the southern borderlands.
- New vampire hunters and human strongholds.
- Vampire hunter "exterminators."
- Frightful revelations, secrets, and adventure ideas.
- And much, much more.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Braden Campbell and Mark Dudley.
- 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 884. Spring 2011 release.
NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook
This Robotech® sourcebook will be an early 2011 release.
- Rules for using mecha, power armor and technology from all four eras of Robotech.
- Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of mecha.
- Freedom Fighter O.C.C.s and resistance organizations.
- Rogues and misfits from the three Robotech Wars.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Villains, traitors, bandits, Invid henchmen, adventure and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Irvin Jackson.
- A "manga" size sourcebook.
- 192-256 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. Final page count and price may be subject to change. Spring 2011 release.
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
At last, the underwater realm of Lemuria. The people and history of Lemuria, new magic, sea herbs and healing, sea monsters, and more.
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Aquatic Biomancer and others.
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Biomancer Gardens and Aquatic Biomancy.
- Bio-Armor, Bio-Weapons and Bio-Construct Symbiotes.
- New psionic abilities.
- Sea Serpents, monsters, adventure ideas, and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. Spring 2011.
NEW! Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, 'nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell's Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies' Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. July 2011.
NEW! Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders
Data about the chaos and madness of the early days of the Great Cataclysm, and the brave men and women who tried to stem the tide of destruction and save lives, the First Responders.
- Apocalypse Plagues: Strange diseases, symbiotes and mutations that transform, torment, harm and kill Earth's survivors.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- Civilian O.C.C.s, skills and orientation.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Character modification and enhancement rules.
- Creatures from the Rifts and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Jason Richards & Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 to 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Coming in 2011.
for Heroes Unlimited™ and the Minion War™ – Available now
Armageddon Unlimited™ is the ultimate good vs evil setting and adventure. The fate of the world hangs in the balance and only you can stop its destruction as demons and Deevils fight for control of the Earth and bringing about the end of life as we know it.
Armageddon Unlimited™ is more than an epic world-saving adventure, it is also a sourcebook jam-packed with new powers, magic, weapons and Power Categories that can be incorporated into any Heroes Unlimited™ campaign. This book can be used as a standalone adventure sourcebook for Heroes Unlimited™ or as a pivotal plot in an expansive Minion War™ campaign. Get a free sneak preview of the book from DriveThruRPG.com.
- 7 new Minor and 14 Major Super Abilities.
- Deevil and Demon magical Chaos Weapons.
- Enchanted Weapons of Order and a few Enchanted Objects.
- Demon Hunter Power Category and abilities.
- Crusader of Light Power Category and abilities.
- Heroic Hellion Power Category – play a "reformed demon."
- Hellion monster creation table.
- Magically Bestowed Variant Power Categories and abilities let you wield weapons that empower good and destroy evil.
- Doctor Vilde, the mastermind behind the Armageddon plot.
- The secret island base of Doctor Vilde and 16 maps.
- More than a dozen NPC villains.
- The Church of Unity and its role in bringing about Armageddon.
- The Chaos Generators – the key to stopping Armageddon.
- A menagerie of evil villains, people and places.
- The Armageddon scenario, adventure ideas and Minion War™ on Earth.
- Written by Carl Gleba. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 527. Available now.
Aliens Unlimited™ – Back in Print
A sourcebook for Heroes Unlimited™
Aliens Unlimited™ brings alien beings to your Earth-based Heroes Unlimited™ setting and enables you to take your Earth heroes to alien worlds. This sourcebook has everything you need to launch an alien based campaign or galactic adventures, or introduce alien invaders, villains, heroes and campaign ideas.
Aliens Unlimited™ makes the perfect resource and companion to the Thundercloud Galaxy™ or any of the Rifts® Dimension Books and Minion War™ series. Looking for some new space aliens, villains and monsters to add to your Thundercloud Galaxy™ orMinion War™ campaign? Need some unique Splugorth slaves? Demon henchmen? Take a look at Aliens Unlimited™ (and the Aliens Unlimited™ Galaxy Guide™ companion sourcebook); easy to adapt.
- 85 alien races/R.C.C.s., plus a bonus alien.
- 15 alien monster races, plus NPC villains.
- Galactic Organizations (Atorian Empire and more).
- Rules and tables for Creating Alien Characters, including an expanded Alien Appearance & Bonuses Table, Reason for Coming to Earth, Equipment, Special Vehicles and more.
- 90+ weapon stats including high-tech bows and arrows, Cold Weapons, Energy Weapons, Incendiary Weapons, Sonic Weapons, Conventional Firearms, and a wide range of Kisentite Blade Weapons and Vibro-Blade Weapons.
- Plus info about alien bionics, body armor, and power armor.
- A handful of vehicles and miscellaneous equipment.
- UFO watch groups, alien spies, NPCs and more.
- Suggestions, rules and information for your galactic campaigns.
- Plus some super abilities, spell magic and psionics.
- Adaptable to Rifts®, Phase World® and Rifts® Dimension Books™ complete with conversion notes for Rifts®.
- Written by Wayne Breaux Jr., additional text by Siembieda.
- 208 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 515. Available now!
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™ – Back in Print
A guide to the Three Galaxies, this book takes a look at dozens of solar systems, notable planets, select alien races, people, civilizations and monsters, as well as space anomalies, spaceships and more. This is another sourcebook that is ideal for campaigns involving the Minion War™, the Thundercloud Galaxy™, Phase World® and adventures in the Three Galaxies.
- An overview of the Three Galaxies.
- 16 O.C.C.s/R.C.C.s including the Obsidian Spell Thief and Space Warlock.
- A half dozen monsters plus the mysterious Necrol.
- Galactic Organizations (Atorian Empire and more).
- More information on the Intruders, Kreeghor, Splugorth and others.
- Draygon Industries and their weapons.
- Demon Stars, Demon Planets and magic starships.
- Notable spaceships and weapon systems.
- The monstrous Necrol and their living weapons and spacecraft.
- Notable equipment of the Three Galaxies.
- A wealth of background material and adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 851. Available now.
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Black Vault™ – Back in Print
For generations it has been rumored the Coalition States maintains a Top Secret facility where it locks away and stores all the magic weapons and items it confiscates from adventurers and mages. The CS, of course, denies these rumors, but they are true. And the truth is revealed for the first time in this epic sourcebook packed with secrets and magic items. Do your characters dare to rob the Black Vault?
- The Legend of the Black Vault.
- The Coalition's Campaign Against Magic.
- Coalition Anti-Magic Squads.
- The Black Vault, its defenses and its inventory of magic items.
- 101 Magic Items – each "item" (79 of them) is described in detail. The last 22 items are magic potions with the effects of magic spells.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda.
- 48 pages – $9.95 retail – Cat. No. 855 – Available now.
Rifts® Mercenaries™ – Back in Print
This fan-favorite sourcebook presents everything you need to create and run a mercenary company on Rifts Earth. It includes creation rules, new Occupational Character Classes such as the Professional Smuggler, Thief, Safecracker, Spy, Bounty Hunter, Master Assassin, and others, plus a treasure trove of mercenary weapons, vehicles, gear and arms dealers.
- Nine Mercenary O.C.C.s.
- Rules and tables for creating a Mercenary Company.
- Six NPC mercenary companies described, complete with key characters, villains, history and adventure ideas. Includes transdimensional mercs.
- Northern Gun – weapons and gear.
- Naruni Enterprises – weapons, force fields, vehicles and gear.
- Golden Age Weaponsmiths – arms dealer that specializes in vehicles.
- Wellington Industries – weapons and gear, including Ramjet rounds.
- Iron Heart Armaments Inc. – combat vehicles.
- Chipwell Armaments Inc. – power armor.
- Angrar Robotics – power armor.
- Coalition Army – combat vehicles.
- Casualties of Peace – adventure outline.
- Written by C.J. Carella.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 813 – Available now.
"Rifts® Logo" Baseball Cap – Back in Print
Back by popular demand. A black Rifts® Logo on a khaki baseball cap with black trim. Looks great and fans love it! Makes a great gift.
- Cotton cloth fabric, khaki color with black trim and black Rifts logo.
- Cloth Velcro strap for size adjustment. A nice cap.
- $14.95 per cap – Cat. No. 2544 – Available to ship Friday, March 25, 2011.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We've made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include.
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check 'em out.
Available Now & Back in Print
- Armageddon Unlimited™ – New – Available now!
- The Rifter® #53 – New – Available now!
- Rifts® World Book 20: Canada – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Dark Conversions – Back in print – Available now
- Palladium Fantasy RPG® – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Game Master Guide – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® World Book 5: Triax & The NGR – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® China One – Back in print – Available now
- Rifts® Megaverse® Builder – Back in print – Available now
March 2011 Releases
– Rifts® Baseball Cap – BACK IN STOCK
– Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™ – BACK IN PRINT
- Rifts® Black Vault™ – BACK IN PRINT
– Rifts® Mercenaries™ – BACK IN PRINT
- Aliens Unlimited™ – A Heroes Unlimited™ sourcebook – BACK IN PRINT
April 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #54 – New – Available now.
- Rifts® Dimension Book™ 14: Thundercloud Galaxy™ – New – April 25.
- Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™ – BACK IN PRINT – Ships April 25
- Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™ – BACK IN PRINT – Ships April 25
May 2011 Releases
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook (tentative)
- Rifts® WB One: Vampire Kingdoms™, Expanded & Updated
- Rifts® Book of Magic (back in print)
June 2011 Releases
July 2011 Releases
- The Rifter® #55 – New
- Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames (Minion War™ crossover) – New
New Releases Coming Soon (tentative)
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™: First Responders Sourcebook (as soon as we can slot it in)
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three
In the Pipeline
- Robotech® UEEF Marines and other Robotech® sourcebooks.
- Rifts® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™ sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy® other sourcebooks
- Warpath™ Urban Jungle RPG
- And other good stuff. Lots of other good stuff!
Recently Back in Print
Check out the new creations by Palladium's very own Kathy Simmons. See her new zombie, Jack Skellington and Sally, with more new creations on the drawing board. Each Halloween prop is truly life-sized (most are 6 feet or taller – Jack is almost 8 feet) and seem almost alive.
Each is an all-weather, life-sized Halloween prop that can handle rain and snow, and is a one-of-a-kind work of art (no two are exactly the same). Each looks frighteningly "real." All come apart and fold down to slightly larger than a king-size pillow for easy storage. Comes with easy instructions, a plastic storage bag, and the lawn stake to stand it up in your front yard. Indoor stand sold separately.
Types of "Ghouls" include: Zombies (all kinds!), killer clowns, wizards, witches, devils, grave ghouls, scarecrows, executioners, mad doctors, deadly nurses, vampires, werewolves, and more. Kathy's also now offering an array of hand-painted Halloween signs, signs with heads and bodies hanging from them, witch's brewing pots, Halloween centerpieces and more. Best of all, her high quality creations are much more affordable and imaginative than most competitors or mass produced items in a store, making them affordable Halloween fun.
If you think the photos online look good, you should see them in person. A typical "ghoul," as she calls her creations, costs $129-$259. You can see some of her work at her Queen of Ghouls™ Ebay store – queenofghouls.com.
© Copyright 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.