Palladium Books® Weekly Update – January 19, 2012
By Kevin Siembieda
“Kevin, I’m so happy to hear you sound so positive. I like that.”
I’ve been hearing that comment a lot the past few weeks. And not just about my Murmurs From the Megaverse® or Weekly Updates, but from people I have been speaking with in person or on the phone. I’m a bit surprised when people say that, because I’m just being myself and I feel like I’m worried about a lot of things (Palladium deadlines, cash flow, bills, releasing quality product, etc.). But I’m pleased I sound positive, because in so many ways, I am pumped up and excited about what’s coming from Palladium.
I am positive. As I have said in a few different places, I don’t think Palladium has ever had the assemblage of talented writers and artists we have right now. I have never seen so much excitement and commitment about the books we have in the pipeline and the projects yet to be revealed. The creative energy and flow of jaw-dropping, great ideas have even been astounding me. I think this crew can do anything. You will be very pleased when books are released, starting with The Rifter® #57.
I think the creative side of me is just boiling with excitement and ideas, and that spills out of me as positive energy. I just wish the business side of me felt as confident and positive. There is still plenty to worry about and cash flow remains a concern.
Ironically, I have been frustrated this week, because I’ve been feeling under the weather for most of it and moving at a slower pace than I’d like, especially on the writing end of things. Every time something slips behind or takes too long, I feel the growing pressure of deadlines and fan expectations. Ugh. So I’ve been surprised a few times when someone said, “I love how positive your are.”
Bye, bye, my voice. Last night I was feeling particularly fatigued and suffering from a sore throat. This morning, my voice was gone. It had started to disappear last weekend, but got better. Then today, nothing.
I just got back from the Doctor's (had to wait an hour and a half due to a scheduling error on the clinic’s part, so there’s 2+ hours lost). I have laryngitis. Not that I'm surprised. My voice cracks and sounds like Yoda even at a whisper, which is about as loud as I can go. I should be able to talk again in a few days. Gotta run out and get my prescription and go to bed. That’s the hard part for me. I have deadlines and Lemuria to finish, but the doctor insisted I go straight home and take the rest of today and tomorrow off, and rest. I’m not even supposed to be here at the office now, writing this Weekly Update.
My apologies, but I’ll have to keep this Update shorter and less information filled than I had intended. So here is the short, snippet version of what’s going on at Palladium.
UPDATE: Online Sales. Last weekend’s sales were fantastic! My thanks to everyone who was part of that surge. I hope everyone enjoys the last Christmas Surprise Packages of the season.
Alas, the battle isn’t over. The rest of the week’s sales were up and down. We need sustained, strong sales, so please don’t forget about us.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription offer. The Rifter® is an outstanding resource for gaming and a great way to support Palladium Books. If you don’t have a subscription, you should consider it. I talked about this in a Murmur earlier in the week, The Rifter® is an excellent gaming resource. Not only do most issues have a bunch of stuff you can just drop into your ongoing campaign, but it is the source of endless ideas you can grab and run with. Monsters, villains, magic, and adventures written for a specific world setting can usually be modified by any G.M. worth his salt for use in any game setting. The Rifter® #57 is a great example of this. It is filled with 20 dangerous monsters specifically conceived for the Palladium Fantasy RPG®. HOWEVER, many come with Rifts®/M.D.C. conversions, and these “Fantasy” monsters can just as easily be dropped into a Heroes Unlimited™, Nightbane® and even Beyond the Supernatural™ campaign. Rifts® conversions (whether they are provided or you do them yourself) means the monstrosities can be used in the Phase World®/Three Galaxies™ setting, Robotech®, Chaos Earth™ and any alien environment. As I’m fond of saying, the possibilities are limited only by your imagination and The Rifter® is an excellent method of giving your imagination fuel. Subscribe to it, you will not be disappointed.
Furthermore, The Rifter® is where you can find source material for the games so many of you keep asking for new stuff, like BTS™, Nightbane®, Splicers®, Palladium Fantasy® and Heroes Unlimited™.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription Drive. This annual, limited time offer lets you get The Rifter® delivered to your doorstep for less than cover price, FREE to residents of the United States, and you get your choice of a FREE gift worth $12.95 to $16.95 (there is a small cost for the shipping and handling of your free gift). So what the heck are you waiting for? Get your free gift and start your subscription today and enjoy The Rifter® magic all year long. Published four times a year.
Click here for complete details and information.
UPDATE: VisionCon in Springfield, Missouri, February 16-19. I knew I was a guest, but somehow I didn’t realize I was the Gaming Guest of Honor at VisionCon, until a fan sent me a Private Message about it. Wow. Cool. I am honored. Only now I need lots and lots of Palladium fans to come to the convention to make me look good! ;)
I will be at VisionCon all Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I’ll be at a table right next to Jolly and Barbara Blackburn (KODT) and available to chat and sign autographs when I’m not in a panel talk or running a game. I don’t know when I’ll be that way again, so join the fun. There are all kinds of other cool guests too. Sounds like a fun event. I’m looking forward to it. Go to http://www.visioncon.net for more information about VisionCon.
UPDATE: The Rifter® #57. It went to the printer on Monday, I have already seen and approved the printer proof and it will be in our warehouse and ready to ship on January 27! Maybe sooner. This is a great issue filled with 20 monsters for Palladium Fantasy®, five horrors for Beyond the Supernatural™, some new vehicles and gear for the Coalition States™, the Brodkil War Machinist for Triax/NGR™, an article on Pocket Dimensions, news, and a rockin’ Palladium Fantasy® cover by Chuck Walton, plus news and other stuff.
UPDATE: Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria. Wah, I’ve been sick or busy with other things most of this week, but it is coming along. Like you, I want it out NOW!
You will find Rifts® Lemuria brimming with new weapons, new Biomancy and Ocean Magic spells, new symbiotes, never-before-seen living power armor, exotic creatures, sea dragons and monsters wrapped in an exotic history that is sure to surprise and please. I’m talking whacked out stuff you have never seen before. And most of it can be used in any campaign setting. There is a ton of new and never before seen material that is all suitable for use on dry land. You see, Lemurians are amphibious. There is all kinds of stuff in this book that can be used on dry land – Lemurian weapons, armor, vehicles, monstrous riding animals and magic that can all be used in the surface world as well as below the waves.
If you haven’t read “10 things you need to know about Rifts® Lemuria” in the description in this Weekly Update, check it out.
UPDATE: Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™. Another epic book I’m dying to finish and get into your hands. It’s next after Rifts® Lemuria. A February release.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. I’m telling you we have one great book coming after another, and this is one of them. It immediately follows Endless Dead and should make Rifts® players howl with delight loud enough to wake the dead and send chills up and down the undead. A February or March release.
UPDATE: Rifts® World Book: The Black Market. Matthew is done with the final draft. I need to start assigning the artwork. March release.
UPDATE: Rifts® World Book: Northern Gun™ One. Matthew Clements is wild about NG One and Two. So will you. It’s slated for a March release.
UPDATE: Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook. Irvin Jackson should turn in the finished manuscript in a few weeks. March or April release.
UPDATE: Rifts®/Minion War™: Megaverse® in Flames™. This book will blow your mind. That’s all I can say right now.
UPDATE: Palladium Open House, May 4,5 & 6, 2012. Shouldn’t you be there? Yes. Order your weekend pass this weekend! VIP Thursday tickets will go on sale February 1, 2012. They are expected to go fast, so be prepared to place your order.
Open House Challenge: We host a costume contest at the POH with cool awards and real prizes. We have had some great costumes in the past, especially for the Rifts®/Science Fiction and Fantasy categories, but not so much for the Horror/Modern category. The range of characters has been impressive and wide, but we have NEVER seen even one person come in costume as a Nightbane! So I challenge some of you – dare you – to show your stuff by coming in costume as a Nightbane®. Or Nightlord, or some other character from the Nightbane® RPG.
Don’t forget to check out Carmen Bellaire’s YouTube video reviews of Palladium product. Carmen Bellaire and William “Big Will” Johnson have started to post video reviews about Palladium role-playing games and sourcebooks. Check them out by going to: http://www.youtube.com/user/Maloquinn/videos
Sneak Previews to appear on DriveThruRPG.com are coming soon. There are 90+ backstock titles, including back issues of The Rifter®, first edition rule books, other sneak previews and the Rifts® Game Master Kit all available as PDF downloads at reasonable prices.
And there is much more, only I can’t tell you about it now, because I need to go home and slide into bed. Tune in next week for more news and updates. In the meanwhile, spread the word about Palladium Books, The Rifter® subscription offer and free gift, VisionCon, the website and more.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer and Game Designer
Fan Comments from Christmas Grab Bags
The Christmas Surprise Package offer was as well received as ever. People were thrilled with what they received and often shared words of love and support with us. There were so many nice comments in the last week of Christmas Surprise Packages that I thought I’d share a few more. I might post a few more that struck a particular chord next week. Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and support.
– Kevin Siembieda & the Palladium Crew
M.D. in Melbourne, Australia, writes: Thanks to all the fine folk at Palladium for all the hard work they have put into these amazing universes. Hopefully you all had a great Christmas and have a great new year, both personally and for the company.
K.V. in Jupiter, Florida, writes: Dear Kevin, you have created something that is truly wonderful. You have inspired a whole generation of gamers, stimulated the imaginations of Game Masters, and survived some of the toughest situations a business owner should ever have to face. From my ever expanding family to yours, thank you.
R.P. in Hesperia, California, writes: Kevin, you are a real trooper. Hope sales get better in the last part of January.
R.M. in Mishawaka, Indiana, writes: Thanks for keeping the faith, Kev and Crew! I managed to squeeze this one in at the last minute this year (times are tough). So my streak of Christmas Surprise Package orders remains intact. This year this will be my birthday present! Can’t wait to see you all at the Open House again this year!
R.F. in Imperial Beach, California, writes: My favorite games to play and run are a horror-blended S.D.C. worlds of Nightbane®, Beyond the Supernatural™ with a new infestation of Dead Reign™ zombies and having transported characters from everywhere in the Megaverse®, including Rifts®, and having my players deal with culture shock and Temporal Energy failures. Thanks for all the years of fun.
T.F. in Temple, Texas, writes: Thanks for continuing to generate such great and detailed games. We have introduced your games to the next generation and it is spreading like wildfire through my nephews and their friends.
M.M. in Port Huron, Michigan, writes: I don’t believe I almost missed it [Grab Bag] this year. Big fan of Palladium. Most gamers got into the hobby with D&D. I got into it with Robotech® and Heroes Unlimited™.
M.C. in North Ogden, Utah, writes: Hiya, I love Rifts® and all you offer at Palladium Books. This is my third Grab Bag of the season. I also signed up for the renewal of my Rifter subscription. I hope these orders help jump start the new year. I am very excited about the book release line-up for this upcoming year, especially for the Rifts® and Robotech® lines.
J.H. in Mankato, Minnesota, writes: Thank you very much for hanging in there all these years. Remember, we are here to help.
T.M. in Lexington, Kentucky Writes: Keep up the good work. I will always support Palladium Books as long as Palladium is around. Looking forward to seeing you again at Gen Con 2012.
R.C. in Victoria, Texas, writes: Thank you for all your imagination.
Palladium Books 2012 Product Release Schedule
January 2012 Releases
- The Rifter #57 – New – at the printer; ships January 27.
- Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria – New – in final production.
February 2012 Releases
March 2012 Releases
- Rifts® World Book: The Black Market – New
- Rifts® World Book: Northern Gun™ One – New (tentative)
- Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook – New (tentative)
April 2012 Releases
- The Rifter® #58 – New
- Rifts®/Minion War™: Megaverse® in Flames™ – New (tentative)
- Rifts® Northern Gun™ Two – New
May 2012 Releases
- Robotech® UEEF Marines Sourcebook (tentative) – New
- Palladium Open House – May 3-6, 2012 – A gaming extravaganza
All of Palladium’s Core Game Lines to be Supported in 2012
The following are in development:
- Robotech® sourcebooks
- Rifts® Antarctica and other sourcebooks
- Splicers® Sourcebooks
- Heroes Unlimited™ Sourcebooks
- Chaos Earth™ Sourcebooks
- Palladium Fantasy®: Mysteries of Magic™ Two & Three
- Palladium Fantasy®: Land of the Damned™ Three
- Nightbane® Sourcebook
- Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebooks
- And other good stuff.
10 things you need to know about Rifts® Lemuria
- The “Fish-People” on the cover are not Lemurians. They are aquatic allies of the Lemurians known as Merans. The guy riding the manta ray isn’t a Lemurian either. He’s an adventurer from the surface visiting a Lemurian city.
- Lemurians are, in effect, amphibious humanoids with legs, feet and an appearance very much like humans. They function equally well on dry land as they do underwater.
- The land and water nature of Lemurians means their weapons, armor and magic are geared for both land and water. This book is jam-packed with weapons, living Bio-Armor, riding animals, monsters, magic spells, vehicles and equipment that can be used in ANY campaign, even those completely land-based.
- Lemurians are ancient humans who existed during the same time period as True Atlanteans about 15,000 years ago. When Atlantis disappeared, it created a global ripple-effect that had profound repercussions on Lemurians and caused their civilization to also vanish.
- Lemurian Biomancer Gene-Mages have, over the centuries, “adjusted” their DNA to make Lemurians amphibious, stronger, faster and advanced humans. They see themselves as humans, but will you?
- Lemurians use Stone Magic and Biomancy but in different and more advanced ways. That means stone vehicles, living power armor, living weapons, machine-like Symbiotes, and strange herbs and plant-life.
- Lemurian Biomancer Gene-Mages have “gene-tweaked” many animals, monsters and sea serpents to make them suitable as riding animals and pets.
- Lemurians know many new Biomancy and Ocean Magic spells and they are presented in this book. Again, many are suitable for use on land.
- Lemurians are the arch-enemy of the Lord of the Deep, the undead and all evil supernatural beings.
- Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria is filled with secrets about the Lemurians, their civilization, Atlanteans, Easter Island, Pre-Rifts Earth history and more. One of the biggest secrets is that Lemurian cities are . . . oops, that’s one of the big reveals in the book, so we can’t give it away here. Sorry.
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
“I think this book is going to amaze people.” – Kevin Siembieda
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- 12 new O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Spouters, Oceanic Guardsman, Biomancer Gene-Mage, Birdmen and others.
- 20+ exotic animals, sea serpents, Sea Dragons and riding animals.
- 50+ new Biomancy spells.
- Biomancer Gardens, herbs and magic.
- Nearly a dozen types of living Bio-Armor (Lemurian power armor).
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Stone vehicles and weird weapons and devices.
- Symbiotic creatures and Biomancy constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater indefinitely.
- New dangers, new challenges, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk with additional material by Matthew Clements and Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- Interior art by Chuck Walton, Mike Mumah, Brian and Allen Manning, Kent Burles, Nick Bradshaw and Amy Ashbaugh.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. January release.
The Rifter® #57
– Ships January
Looking for new ideas and material for your campaign? Then you want The Rifter®. The greatest value of The Rifter® is that every issue offers new and different ideas, and gets your imagination running in directions you might not have considered. It’s an idea factory that will help you generate new ideas of your own, and it also presents valuable source material you can drop right into your games.
The Rifter® is your doorway to unlimited imagination and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new monsters, villains, characters, O.C.C.s, powers, magic, weapons, adventure and ideas for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider. Every issue has material for Rifts® and at least two or three other Palladium game lines.
The Rifter #57 is an extravaganza of monsters and mayhem to surprise your players and spice up your games.
- Rifts® – new weapons and vehicles of the Coalition States.
- Beyond the Supernatural™ – monsters and supernatural threats.
- Palladium Fantasy® – monsters and dangerous animals galore.
- For all game settings – Genie bottles and dimensional pockets.
- Rifts® – The Brodkil War Machinist.
- Rifts® – NGR Anthropological Field Operative.
- News, coming attractions, and more.
- Cover by Charles Walton II.
- 96 pages – still only $11.95 retail – Cat. No. 157. January release.
The Rifter® Super-Subscription
– Limited Time Offer – Starts Today
● Free gift
● Free shipping of each issue in the USA
● Each issue delivered to your doorstep
● A Megaverse® of source material, adventure & fun
The cover price of The Rifter® is only $11.95 – a steal for 96 pages of RPG source material and adventures – but a subscription gets you The Rifter® for only $9.95 an issue (in the USA) delivered to your doorstep, and you can select a free gift worth $12.95-$16.95 (available only during this special offer, for the cost of shipping and handling). All prices are in U.S. dollars.
● $39.80 – USA. That’s only $9.95 each, a savings of $8.00, and Palladium pays the shipping! Plus you get to select a FREE subscriber’s gift worth $12.95-$16.95 (please include $5.00 to cover shipping and handling). That’s $44.80 total including shipping and handling for the free gift. Note: This rate is limited to subscribers in the USA only. Sorry.
● $61.80 – Canada. That’s $15.45 for each issue of The Rifter®, plus you get to select the FREE subscriber’s gift (please include $7.00 to cover shipping and handling). That’s $68.80 including the gift item. That’s still not a bad price for a 96 page sourcebook. Our apologies for the higher cost, but Palladium Books can not cover the cost of postage to other countries. We hope you understand.
● $75.80 – Overseas. That’s $18.95 for each 96 page issue, plus you get to select a FREE subscriber’s gift (please include $13.00 to cover shipping and handling). That’s $88.80 including the gift item. We are only passing along the additional postage cost, but it is hefty. Our apologies. Postal rates are out of our hands. Likewise, the purchaser is responsible for any duty or customs fees.
Note: Please indicate if the gift item is NOT wanted. You may decline the gift and get your subscription for the regular price of $39.80 (USA), $61.80 (Canada) or $75.80 (other countries).
FREE GIFT with your subscription
Subscribe now and get a FREE gift worth $12.95-$16.95: You pay only the cost of shipping and handling ($5.00 in the USA, $7.00 Canada, and $13.00 overseas).
- Gift choice #1: Best of The Rifter® ($12.95 value).
- Gift choice #2: The Rifts® Anthology: Tales of the Chi-Town ‘Burbs™; short stories by Campbell, Gleba, Siembieda, and others ($12.95 value).
- Gift choice #3: Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® RPG (manga size); core rule book ($16.95 value) – U.S. & Canada ONLY.
- Gift choice #4: Robotech® The Masters Saga (manga size); sourcebook ($16.95 value) – U.S. & Canada ONLY.
- Gift choice #5: Rifts® Path of the Storm™; sourcebook & movie screenplay ($12.95 value).
- Gift choice #6: Rifts® Naruni Wave Two; sourcebook ($16.95 value).
Click here to order yours today.
NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™
Endless Dead says it all. The zombie hordes grow in number and strangeness. Can humankind survive? Where is the military? What’s next for the survivors of the zombie apocalypse?
This book contains horrifying new zombies to haunt your player characters along with new O.C.C.s and tons of tables for detailing Survivors’ Hideouts, Safe Haven Communities, Death Cults and more. Survival is not enough. Now is the time for the war against the Endless Dead™. This book is epic.
- New types of zombies include the Fused Zombie, Multi-Zombie, Parasite Juggernaut and Walking Mass Grave.
- New O.C.C.s include the Wheelman, Zombie Hunter, Zombie Researcher, Survivalist and Watcher.
- Information on vehicles and tables for adding custom armor, weapons and anti-zombie defenses.
- Vehicle combat rules and zombie-fighting in vehicles.
- Random encounter tables for military bases, police stations, gun stores, buildings, suburbs, industrial parks, small towns, farmland and wilderness.
- Tables for creating Survivor caravans, hideouts, hermits, Safe Haven Communities and Death Cults.
- Timetable for setting campaigns during the Wave, the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse or months into the reign of the dead.
- Stats for some of North America’s dangerous wildlife, a threat to survivors and zombies alike.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by Mumah, Bradshaw and others.
- 96 pages $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 233. February release.
Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
Unknown to most humans, deep within Mexico the vampires have established entire kingdoms. There they live like tyrants and gods, dominating an underclass of cattle people used as slaves and food stock. Learn more about the vampires, their rivals, allies and the humans who willingly serve their supernatural masters for a chance to join the undead. A must-have guide for those who wish to travel deeper into the Vampire Kingdoms or play as vampires and their human minions.
- More human kingdoms within Mexico like the Tampico Military Protectorate and Durango, the Silver City.
- Firefighting robots, hover firetrucks and more anti-vampire gear.
- Magic based Vampire Hunters and human strongholds.
- Techno-Wizard anti-vampire weapons and magical devices.
- Profiles for Doc Reid and Reid’s Rangers, the world’s most famous Vampire Hunters.
- Fort Reid, an entire city devoted to hunting the undead.
- The Bloodwatch, a secret vampire intelligence agency that tracks down and exterminates Vampire Hunters.
- The Yucatan Peninsula, a mysterious dimensional pocket overrun by strange demons known as Xibalbans.
- The return of the Mayan god Camazotz, Lord of Bats and Darkness.
- The werebeasts of Mexico and Central America; those who assist the vampires and those who fight against them.
- New O.C.C.s like the Bloodwatch Vampire Operative, Silver Swords Militia, Werejaguar Vampire Hunter and the Vampire ‘Borg.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements and Braden Campbell.
- $16.95 – 128 pages. Cat. No. 884. February release.
Rifts® Black Market™ – A Rifts® Sourcebook
On Rifts® Earth, the Black Market is the most prevalent trader in weapons, contraband and magic items outlawed by the Coalition. Explore the day to day business of the market along with its smuggling routes, practices, policies and nefarious products. Encounter the five major Black Market factions in North America and foreign groups like the Yakuza, Green Scarf Sect and the Underground Railroads of Atlantis and the Vampire Kingdoms.
- New O.C.C.s like the Con Man, Coyote and Venture Criminal.
- Black Market services, products, practices and customers.
- Criminal jobs like the Enforcer, Hit Man and Defense Attorney.
- Major smuggling corridors and routes through Coalition territory.
- Smuggling methods, both magical and conventional.
- The Five Factions of North America and other Black Market groups.
- More equipment from Bandito Arms and specialized smuggling gear.
- Tables for creating Traveling Merchants, Caravans, Market Outlets, Market Towns, Clubs and Bars, Body-Chop-Shops and more!
- Information on the Coalition prison system and border security.
- Written by Matthew Clements and Taylor White, with additional material by Kevin Siembieda and Alex Marciniszyn.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 886. March release.
Rifts® World Book: Northern Gun™ One
The largest independent manufacturer of weapons, robots and adventure gear in North America is Northern Gun™. Located in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, they have been the premier outfitter of mercenaries and adventurers for decades, and are a major hub for hiring military contractors. With a whole new product line to offer their customers, the future looks bright for Northern Gun™.
- The arms giant Northern Gun profiled for the first time!
- The Kingdom of Ishpeming, a puppet-state propped up by NG.
- Full 109 P.A. catalog of Northern Gun products!
- New weapons, power armor, vehicles, robots and adventure gear.
- The Ishpeming military, essentially a framework for hiring mercenaries and privateers.
- The NG Bounty Board, the largest collection of bounties and mercenary contracts anywhere on Rifts® Earth.
- Hover trains, supply ships and sales outlets.
- Northern Gun’s relationship with the Coalition States, Triax Industries, the Black Market and others.
- Written by Matthew Clements.
- Interior Artwork by Nick Bradshaw, Chuck Walton and others.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 887. March release.
Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, ‘nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell’s Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. April release.
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook
An in-depth look at the Invid Genesis Pits, their purpose, function and the creatures they create.
- Secrets of the Invid.
- Different types of Genesis Pits.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- An 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook (not manga size).
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 555. February 2012 release.
- Available in the U.S. and Canada only.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
© Copyright 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.