Palladium Books® Weekly Update – October 13, 2011
By Kevin Siembieda
As I said in a recent Murmur from the Megaverse, excitement and activity continue to run high at Palladium Books.
We’ve been shipping out piles of Christmas Surprise Packages, Wayne and I attended the Alliance Trade Show (Sunday and Monday), I’ve been orchestrating and troubleshooting several Palladium projects, trying to write, trying to draw, juggling bills, and assigning art and working with a number of new and long-time freelancers. Exciting, but . . . whew.
The Rifter® #56 has shipped. It arrived two days early, so we shipped books to subscribers Wednesday and to distributors and contributors today (Thursday). It’s another great issue and I highly recommend it. The Rifter® is always an excellent resource for new and alternative ideas for gaming and adventures. This issue is especially rich in both.
UPDATE: Christmas Surprise Packages. The first 80-100 Christmas Surprise Packages have shipped this week. The vast majority were shipped Media Mail (as per customer request) so it can take anywhere from 3-14 days for delivery (longer during the holidays). I always try to make the first 50 or so jam-packed with goodies, so I hope you guys and gals are happy with what you receive. We’ll be shipping out X-Mas Surprise Packages every day or two from now till December 23, so keep those orders coming. I don’t know how anybody can pass up $80-$90 worth of books and cool stuff for $38 plus shipping and handling. It’s a great way to get Christmas gifts for your gaming buddies, fill in holes in your collection, get back issues of The Rifter®, and try new game settings. Ask for autographs and we’ll sign every book in your Surprise Package.
UPDATE: Palladium Open House, May 4-6, 2012. Every week we see people ordering tickets and reserving hotel rooms. See the revised description of the event toward the end of this Weekly Update. Join the fun. Folks are starting to ask about V.I.P. Thursday – more tickets to this catered event will be made available in February. We’ll keep you posted.
UPDATE: Rifts® Lemuria nears completion. Work on this has been slow this week, as the Alliance Trade show, X-Mas Surprise Packages and other things have demanded my attention. Otherwise, I think this book is going to be an excellent new addition to the Rifts® Megaverse® and I will dive back into it Friday.
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook is pretty much done. I need to submit the last of the artwork and get final approval and changes from Harmony Gold. As soon as we get those two things, we lay the book out and send it to the printer.
UPDATE: Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook. No word on its progress, but I know writer Irvin Jackson has been working away.
UPDATE: Dead Reign® Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™. Mike Mumah is whipping up something special for the Endless Dead™ zombie sourcebook. It’s . . . well, you’ll just have to wait and see for yourself. I can say he had me running around taking a bunch of photos so he could finish it. You’ll love it. I know I do. Thanks for brightening my week, Mike. Meanwhile, Matthew Clements is done with his contribution to the book and cannot wait to finish the book up and get it in your hands. Probably a November release.
UPDATE: Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. As I stated last week, when I’m done with Rifts® Lemuria, I plan on completing this book, then it is on to Dead Reign™ Sourcebook Three, followed by Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™. I wish I could magically work on them all at once.
UPDATE: Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™. I need to assign art out for this bad boy too. Shooting for a December release.
UPDATE: Back in print – soon. There are several books that need to be reprinted, but these are coming soon.
- Palladium Fantasy®: Wolfen Empire™ – coming back in print.
- Rifts® World Book 25: China 2 – coming back in print.
- Heroes Unlimited™: Mutant Underground™ – coming back in print.
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™: Rise of Magic – coming back in print.
- And others!
UPDATE: T-Shirts back in print. We plan to bring the following T-Shirts back in print over the next 2-3 weeks:
- Dead Reign™
- Property of the Coalition States™
- A Coalition Christmas™
That last item is an often requested shirt we did years ago. The Coalition Christmas T-shirt has not been available in a decade. Gamers have been asking for it forever, but the T-shirt shop that originally did it went out of business. The artist, Scott Johnson, sold the original art years ago, and the photostat we had of it disappeared. We thought the artwork was lost forever. In a stroke of luck, I recently found a high quality photostat of it while searching the Palladium archives for something else entirely. As soon as I get samples of the shirt, we’ll place an order for it. We expect it to be available in sizes Small to 6XL in about 2 weeks. Cat. No. 2553.
Property of the Coalition™ T-Shirt will also be back in print in time for Christmas. Printed black on grey in sizes Small to 6XL. Cat. No. 2528. Don’t forget there is also a fabulous Property of the Coalition States™ coffee mug; white image on black cup. Perfect for that hot cup of cocoa on a cold winter’s night, or soda when you game. Looks very official. Everyone at Palladium has one. Holds 15.5 ounces. Mircrowave safe. Cat. No. 2543. Other coffee mugs include Rifts®, Dead Reign™ and Gamer mugs. See the Palladium Books online store for complete details.
UPDATE: Game Master Support Kits have not been forgotten. Wayne is working on them in his spare time, adding character sheets and stats for Non-Player Characters to Carl Gleba’s original material. This should give Game Masters a nice, beefy resource to draw upon to run games on the fly and help in running demos, games and campaigns. The Game Master Support Kits will be made available for free to Megaversal Ambassadors and sold on DriveThruRPG.com for a small fee. We’ll let you know when these items are available.
UPDATE: DriveThruRPG.com. We’ll be posting G.M. Support Kits as well as sneak previews for Rifts® Lemuria, Vampires Sourcebook, and Endless Dead™ on DriveThruRPG.com as soon as we can.
Don’t forget, DriveThruRPG offers more than 90 out of print titles (and a few that are not) as PDF downloads. It is a good resource for getting The Rifter® #1-48 and to fill in your RPG library with first edition copies of Rifts®, Palladium Fantasy®, Heroes Unlimited™, and other game lines, as well as books such as Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™ and both versions of the The Mechanoids® RPG (1985) and The Collected Mechanoid Invasion® Trilogy (1981-1983).
The Alliance Trade show. The event hosts something like 150 retailers and gives us a chance to meet, talk, make recommendations and give away copies of The Rifter® and flyers for coming releases. I was delighted to see so many retailers eager for all the new releases Palladium has in the pipeline. They are excited about everything from Robotech® to Dead Reign™. And like you they want more! We also got positive feedback from the Alliance staff and enjoyed talking to retailers and exchanging ideas. Our appreciation to everyone who stopped at the Palladium booth.
Steve Jackson of Steve Jackson Games made a point of swinging by to say hello and chat for a while. Wayne took the opportunity to snap a picture of the two of us in the same space time continuum and promptly posted it on the Palladium Facebook page. In some circles, there has been a fun, long-standing rumor that Steve Jackson and I are the same person. For decades, Steve and I were seldom seen together, even when we attended the same convention. Furthermore, when we were younger, Steve and I shared a striking resemblance. That gave birth to the conspiracy theory that we were actually the same person. As fate would have it, at one Origins, some of the Palladium crew noted that when Steve Jackson was on the convention floor, I was nowhere to be found and vice versa. Funny. Coincidence, of course. This photo proves that Steve Jackson and Kevin Siembieda are two distinctly different people. Either that, or two alternate Earth realities are colliding.
Wayne and I were also able to chat with a couple other old pals, sign some autographs, and eat some good pizza before heading home.
Adventures in Comic Book Land:
The first Rifts® comic book script is finished. Matthew Clements was boiling with excitement the other day about finishing his first Rifts® comic book script. He let me hold his handwritten draft before taking it home to be typed and tweaked on the computer. I’ll be “allowed” to read it in a day or two when Matthew feels it is truly done. I’m looking forward to it. We talked more today about expectations and deadlines.
He has many ideas for the comic book, interesting characters and has a loose plot outline for the next 12 issues. He and I developed the broad concepts and a few particulars together, the rest is all Matthew Clements. Now I need to find the right artist for the job.
We don’t want to reveal too much about any of our comic book projects just yet, but I can say that it follows the misadventures of a young Shifter in search of fame and fortune. He has something to prove to the haughty powers that be back in the Federation of Magic™, but tends to be reckless and a bit too daring. Good stuff.
Meanwhile, Jeff Lilly (probably a new name for most people), an outstanding writer, is developing an idea that I’ve wanted to see done for many years now – The Adventures of Erin Tarn™ (as a girl/teen). It’s an idea that Mark Dudley has been encouraging to see life as well, and we both think Jeff is the guy to write it. A new artist, Noah Page, is slated to pencil the comic, with inks by Ben Rodriguez. Noah, in particular, is pumped up about this project and will be working on concept and character drawings very soon. You’ll catch your first glimpse of Noah’s art in the Dead Reign™: Endless Dead™ sourcebook, though his comic book work will be in a different, somewhat anime-influenced style.
Irvin Jackson is slated to write a Nightbane® comic as soon as he’s finished with the Robotech®: Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook.
Plus we have a few other things up our sleeves. I’m hoping to have the various Palladium comic books we’re developing published by an experienced comic book publisher. Not sure who that publishing partner might be, but my agent is talking to a promising company right now. Fingers crossed.
UPDATE: Kevin’s Online Toy & Collectibles Store. Alex has continued to put up new toys, including more super-hero action figures, McFarlane Movie Maniacs and other good stuff. There is a selection of Palladium artwork, prints, and out of print books (signed) and more should go up over the weekend or early next week. Most of the toys are at low to blowout prices. Many of these items are ideal as Christmas presents. We’ll be adding new items once or twice a week so keep your eyes peeled.
Halloween Store – QueenofGhouls.com – If you are looking for Halloween decorations that are truly unique and fun, then check out this website. Palladium’s very own Kathy Simmons makes and sells life-like, life-sized Halloween props that are realistic, durable, fun and funny. As good as they look in the photos, they are so much better in person. Her Ebay store currently offers a host of zombies, killer clowns, a sinister circus ringmaster, a werewolf, scary nurse, a new type of crawling zombie, wizard, witch and much more. Plus, she has plans for a Mad Doctor, more zombies and monsters in the works. Halloween is only 39 days away.
Kathy’s life-sized Halloween props are unlike anything you have ever seen (unless you’ve been to the Palladium Open House). If you are looking for a standout Halloween item for your front lawn, one of these will do the trick. Easy to set up, wet weather is no problem. Folds up for storage. WARNING: Once you see one of Kathy’s ghouls in person and get rants and raves from everyone who visits your home on Halloween, you may find yourself buying a new one every year. QueenofGhouls.com
Kathy’s Home Display is bigger and wilder than ever. We’ll make sure some photos get posted over the next few weeks. I’ve enjoyed offering ideas, tattering clothes for zombies, painting masks and hands, and helping where I can, but Kathy is the mad genius behind the display. It is nice to see, hundreds of people visit it and stop to tell Kathy how much they appreciate this annual treat. She really is the Queen of Ghouls.
A sad anniversary. Tuesday was the one year anniversary of my Dad’s passing away from bladder cancer. I often feel him with me and I have nothing but fond memories of my father. I was very lucky to have had a Mom and Dad who were both loving and supportive, and so very special, each in their own way. Still, I was feeling pretty blue the first part of the week. I miss my Dad and hope he can see how well his beloved sports teams, the Detroit Tigers and Detroit Lions are doing this season. Love you, Dad. A call from my son, Adam, helped lift my spirits, and as I write this, I’m happy to report I’m doing fine, so no need to worry about me. I have plenty of happy memories to make me smile.
We are moving forward with gusto, but I have so many balls in the air, I feel like no matter what I get done, I’m falling behind. I will feel much better when the next three books are at the printer. So I’d better get to it.
Don’t forget to order your copies of The Rifter® #56, pre-order the upcoming releases and Christmas Surprise Packages to keep those imaginations burning bright.
– Kevin Siembieda, Publisher, Writer & Surrogate Santa
The Rifter® #56 – Available NOW
The Rifter® #56 has shipped to stores and distributors. Have you ordered your copy?
The Rifter® is your doorway to unlimited imagination and numerous Palladium role-playing worlds. It offers new heroes, powers, weapons, magic and adventure for your games. It presents new villains, monsters and dangers to battle, and new ideas to consider.
The Rifter® #56: The articles are expansive and fun.
- Rifts® in space. The orbital communities and a new threat, by O.J. Pinckert.
- Beyond the Supernatural™: Tainted Martyr P.C.C. by Steven Dawes.
- Nightbane®: Dark Day™ Chronicles Four – short story by Jeremy M. Hutchins.
- For all game settings – Time Travel rules by Greg Spivey and Jason Smith.
- News and coming attractions.
- Fiction and more.
- Cover by Irvin Jackson.
- $11.95 retail – 96 pages – Cat. No. 156. Available now.
NEW! Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook
– Ships October, 2011
The battle for the liberation of Earth starts here. For the first time in its history, the Earth has been invaded and occupied by alien invaders – the Invid. The Invid think they have won, but Freedom Fighters, UEEF soldiers and other heroes continue to fight. This is the first sourcebook to combine ALL generations of Robotech® into one epic setting.
- A setting in which Battloids, Veritechs, power armor and technology from all eras of Robotech® come together.
- Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of Robotech® mecha.
- 7 new O.C.C.s include the Freedom Fighter, Patcher, Urchin, Pathfinder and Invid Protoculture Experiments.
- The resistance and how it operates in the New Generation setting.
- New weapons, vehicles and mecha.
- Guidelines for survival and rules for exposure.
- Stats for notable New Generation characters such as Corg, Sera, Lunk, Annie, Rook and others.
- Invid Hives, world overview and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- Cover by Apollo Okamura.
- An 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook (not manga size).
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. October 2011 release.
NEW! Rifts® World Book: Lemuria™
The power, secrets and magic of the underwater realm of Lemuria revealed. Player characters can use symbiotes, magic and technology to breathe underwater and spend time below the waves.
Lemuria is more than an underwater civilization of aquatic beings. They can trace their lineage as far back as the Atlanteans and can survive on dry land as well as underwater. In fact, their greatest secret is that there is no one resting place for the Lemurians, their great cities are always moving. Learn about the people of Lemuria, new Biomancy magic and weapons, Biomancy engineered riding animals, sea herbs, new powers of healing, sea monsters, and more. Epic adventure awaits.
- The Lemurians, their race, history and society.
- New O.C.C.s including the Serpent Hunter, Shriekers, Oceanic Guardsman, Aquatic Biomancer and others.
- The Stone Guardians of Easter Island and other mysteries.
- Biomancer Gardens and Aquatic Biomancy.
- Biomancy armor, weapons and equipment.
- Symbiotic creatures and constructs; some that enable air-breathers to survive underwater indefinitely.
- New psionic abilities.
- Sea Serpents, Sea Dragons, monsters, and riding animals.
- New dangers, new challenges, adventure ideas and more.
- Written by Greg Diaczyk.
- Cover by John Zeleznik.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 885. Final page count and price may be subject to expansion and increase. October or November release. We are still shooting for an end of October ship date, but this title might slip into a November release.
NEW! Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™
Unknown to most humans, deep within Mexico the vampires have established entire kingdoms. There they live like tyrants and gods, dominating an underclass of cattle people used as slaves and foodstock. Learn more about the vampires, their rivals, allies and the humans who willingly serve their supernatural masters for a chance to join the undead. A must-have guide for those who wish to travel deeper into the Vampire Kingdoms or play as vampires and their human minions.
- More human kingdoms within Mexico like the Tampico Military Protectorate and Durango, the Silver City.
- Firefighting robots, hover firetrucks and more anti-vampire gear.
- Magic based Vampire Hunters and human strongholds.
- Techno-Wizard anti-vampire weapons and magical devices.
- Profiles for Doc Reid and Reid’s Rangers, the world’s most famous Vampire Hunters.
- Fort Reid, an entire city devoted to hunting the undead.
- The Bloodwatch, a secret vampire intelligence agency that tracks down and exterminates Vampire Hunters.
- The Yucatan Peninsula, a mysterious dimensional pocket overrun by strange demons known as Xibalbans.
- The return of the Mayan god Camazotz, Lord of Bats and Darkness.
- The werebeasts of Mexico and Central America; those who assist the vampires and those who fight against them.
- New O.C.C.s like the Bloodwatch Vampire Operative, Silver Swords Militia, Werejaguar Vampire Hunter and the Vampire ‘Borg.
- Cover by Michael C. Hayes. Interior art by various artists.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, Matthew Clements and Braden Campbell.
- $16.95 – 128 pages. Cat. No. 884. November Release.
NEW! Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™
As time goes on, the zombie hordes only grow in size and strangeness. This book contains horrifying new zombies to haunt your player characters along with new O.C.C.s and tons of tables for detailing Survivors’ Hideouts, Safe Haven Communities, Death Cults and more. Survival is not enough. Now is the time for the war against the Endless Dead™. This book is going to be epic. Kevin and all the Palladium creators are pushing the envelope with each and every book they work on.
- New types of zombies like the Fused Zombie, Multi-Zombie, Parasite Juggernaut and Walking Mass Grave.
- New O.C.C.s including the Survivalist, Watcher, Wheelman, Zombie Hunter and Zombie Researcher.
- More information on vehicles and tables for adding custom armor, weapons and anti-zombie defenses.
- Rules for vehicle combat and zombie-fighting in vehicles.
- Generation tables and random encounter tables for military bases, police stations, gun stores, buildings, suburbs, industrial parks, small towns, farmland and wilderness.
- Tables for creating Survivor caravans, hideouts, hermits, Safe Haven Communities and Death Cults.
- Timetable for setting campaigns during the Wave, the beginning of the Zombie Apocalypse or months into the reign of the dead.
- Stats for some of North America’s dangerous wildlife, a threat to survivors and zombies alike.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda and Matthew Clements.
- Cover by E.M. Gist. Interior art by Mumah, Bradshaw and others.
- 64-96 pages (final page count yet to be determined) – $12.95 or $16.95 retail depending on final size of the book – Cat. No. 233. November release.
Dead Reign™ RPG – Available Now
With zombies and horror all the rage in film and books, this RPG captures all the best aspects of the zombie genre. The setting is as much about survival in a post-apocalyptic world as it is about battling legions of walking dead. If tales of human survival, horror and zombies are of interest, you will love this fast paced game and its sourcebooks.
- Six Apocalyptic Character Classes (O.C.C.s), and Ordinary People with 40+ occupations to choose from.
- Seven types of zombies plus the Half-Living.
- Secrets of the Dead and tips on fighting zombies.
- Point-blank zombie combat rules, vehicles and equipment.
- Death Cults, their Priests, power over zombies and goals.
- 101 Random Scenarios, Encounters and Settings.
- 100 Random Corpse Searches and other tables.
- Quick Roll Character Creation tables.
- A powerful setting and many adventure ideas.
- Complete stand-alone RPG with skills, weapons, game rules and guidelines for using other Palladium settings.
- Written by Kevin Siembieda, with Josh Hilden & Joshua Sanford.
- $22.95 – 224 pages. Cat. No. 230. Available now!
- Note: There are two sourcebooks also available now: Civilization Gone™ (Cat. No. 231) and Dark Places™ (Cat. No. 232), each is 64 pages and retails for $12.95.
NEW! Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames™
The Minion War spills across Rifts Earth, where demons and infernals hope to recruit allies and use the Rifts as gateways of destruction. Their influence shakes things up across the planet, especially at locations where demons and Deevils already have a strong presence. More details to follow, but for now, ‘nuff said.
- Soulmancer and Blood Magic.
- The Seven Deadly Plagues.
- The Demon Plagues across the globe.
- Battleground: Earth – as demons and infernals amass their legions.
- Rifts Calgary – also known as Hell’s Pit; the kingdom described.
- Ciudad de Diablo, Harpies’ Island and other notable Hell holes on Earth.
- Lord Doom, Pain and other demonic leaders.
- Horune treachery, Dimension Stormers and other villains.
- Global chaos and the places most dramatically affected by the Demon Plagues.
- Notable demonic generals, mercenaries, people and places.
- Many adventure ideas.
- Written by Carl Gleba.
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 876. November release.
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook
An in-depth look at the Invid Genesis Pits, their purpose, function and the creatures they create.
- Secrets of the Invid.
- Different types of Genesis Pits.
- Written by Irvin Jackson. Additional text by Kevin Siembieda.
- An 8½ x 11 inch sourcebook (not manga size).
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 555. December 2011 or early 2012 release.
NEW! Rifts® Chaos Earth™ Sourcebook: First Responders
Data about the chaos and madness of the early days of the Great Cataclysm, and the brave men and women who tried to stem the tide of destruction and save lives, the First Responders.
- Apocalypse Plagues: Strange diseases, symbiotes and mutations that transform, torment, harm and kill Earth’s survivors.
- First Responder O.C.C.s, skills and special equipment.
- Civilian O.C.C.s, skills and orientation.
- Notable rescue vehicles, robot drones, and technology.
- New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
- Character modification and enhancement rules.
- Creatures from the Rifts and adventure ideas galore.
- Written by Jason Richards & Kevin Siembieda.
- 96 to 128 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 665. Coming in 2012.
PDF downloads from DriveThruRPG.com
This is a great resource for getting out of print Palladium titles and other select books. We’ve made 90 titles available as PDF digital downloads from DriveThruRPG.com. This is a great way to try Palladium products and get access to out of print RPG source material. Some notable titles include:
- Splicers® RPG
- Beyond the Supernatural™ RPG, First Edition Rules.
- Boxed Nightmares™ for BTS, First Edition Rules.
- Nightbane® Book Four: Shadows of Light™.
- The Mechanoids® RPG and The Mechanoid Invasion® RPG Trilogy.
- Palladium Fantasy RPG®, First Edition Rules and select 1st Edition sourcebooks.
- After the Bomb® RPG and sourcebooks.
- The Rifter® issues 1-48.
- The Best of The Rifter®
- Deluxe Revised RECON® RPG and Advanced RECON® Sourcebook.
- And more – go to DriveThruRPG.com and check ‘em out.
4th Quarter 2011 Releases
October 2011 Releases
- The Rifter #56 – at the printer – ships October 14
- Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – New – in final production
- Heroes Unlimited™: Mutant Underground™ – coming back in print
- Rifts® World Book 25: Rifts China 2 – coming back in print
- If possible, Rifts® World Book: Lemuria, but this seems likely to slide into an early November release.
November 2011 Releases
- Rifts® World Book 32: Lemuria – New – in final production
- Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook™ – New – in production
- Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead™ – New - in production
- Rifts® Chaos Earth™: Rise of Magic – coming back in print
December 2011 Releases
- Rifts® Megaverse® in Flames (Minion War™ crossover) – New
- If possible, Robotech® Genesis Pits™ Sourcebook, but this is feeling more like it will slide into a January release.
All of Palladium’s Core Game Lines to be Supported in 2012
All of the following (and more) are being written right now. A few are already finished. Most will be 2012 releases. And this does not include projects I would like to do for Palladium Fantasy®, Dead Reign™, Warpath™: Urban Jungle and new mediums.
New Books in Development (listed in alphabetical order):
Beyond the Supernatural™: Arcanum
Beyond the Supernatural™: Tome Grotesque
Beyond the Supernatural™ Sourcebook
Chaos Earth™ First Responders
Chaos Earth™ – Zombie Apocalypse Rifts-style during the Great Cataclysm.
Heroes Unlimited™ – Had two people who were supposed to be working on a pair of books, but they disappeared on me, so we are looking for folks to write a couple of HU2 sourcebooks.
Nightbane® – An as of yet untitled project, and looking for more.
Palladium Fantasy® – Mysteries of Magic 2 & 3
Palladium Fantasy® – Tombs of Gersidi expanded and new. Plus I have a few ideas on this front myself to revitalize this line, including writing Land of the Damned 3 for 2012 release.
Phase World®: United Worlds of Warlock™
Phase World®: Pirates of the Three Galaxies™
Rifts® Black Market
Rifts® China Three
Rifts® Deep South
Rifts® New Navy™
Rifts® Northern Gun™ Books One & Two.
Rifts® Titan Industries™
Robotech® Genesis Pits™ adventure sourcebook.
Robotech® UEEF Marines™
Splicers® Sourcebook One – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
Splicers® Sourcebook Two – concepts and art by Charles Walton.
Recently Back in Print
Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®
- 336 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 450.
Aliens Unlimited™ – For Heroes Unlimited™
- 208 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 515.
Rifts® Dark Conversions™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 852.
Rifts® Game Master Guide
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 845.
Rifts® Book of Magic™
- 352 pages – $26.95 retail – Cat. No. 848.
Rifts® Bionics Sourcebook™
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 850.
Rifts® Adventure Sourcebook: The Black Vault™
- 48 pages – $9.95 retail – Cat. No. 855.
Rifts® World Book Five: Triax & the NGR™
- 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 810.
Rifts® World Book 8: Rifts® Japan™
- 216 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 818.
Rifts® World Book 13: Lone Star™
- 176 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 825.
Rifts® World Book 24: Rifts® China One
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 857.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 7: Megaverse® Builder
- 96 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 859.
Rifts® Dimension Book™ 6: Three Galaxies™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 851.
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 813.
Rifts® World Book 20: Rifts® Canada™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 835.
Rifts® World Book 22: Rifts® Free Quebec™
- 192 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 837.
Rifts® World Book 23: Xiticix Invasion™
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 838.
Coalition Wars® One: Sedition
- 160 pages – $20.95 retail – Cat. No. 839.
Coalition Wars® Two: Coalition Overkill
- 112 pages – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 840.
2011 Christmas Surprise Package
– Available now thru December 23, 2011
The Christmas Surprise Package is our way of saying thank you to our fans and to putting smiles on the faces of gamers around the world.
What is a Palladium Christmas Surprise Package? $80-$90 (or more!) worth of Palladium Books product for only $38 plus shipping and handling. A minimum of eighty dollars ($80) retail. Sometimes much more! Santa Kevin often packs in $90-$100 worth of goodies.
It’s a surprise package because you never know exactly what you’re going to get or who will sign your books. We try to include many of the items on your “wish list,” but we’ll surprise you with stuff you are not expecting. All Surprise Packages are “handpicked” by Kevin Siembieda from YOUR “wish list.” All books will be autographed if you want us to sign them. For many of you, this is the only way to get autographs!
We are taking orders right now and start shipping them out on Tuesday, October 11. Buy one or ten, but get at least one. Buy them as gifts or to try a new game line, or fill holes your collection. Just don’t miss out. The Surprise Packages start shipping on October 11 till December 23, 2011.
Spread the word. Tell all your gaming pals, because the Christmas Surprise Package is only publicized by word of mouth, to readers of The Rifter® and on Palladium's website, so tell everyone you know. Buy one for every gamer you know and have a very Merry Christmas.
Click here for more information and to place an order.
Palladium Open House
– May 4, 5 & 6, 2012 (May 3 is VIP Night)
The Palladium Open House (POH) is, plain and simply, a blast for everyone.
Think family reunion with people you like from around the world that involves laughs, fun and three days of role-playing games. (Four for those who attend VIP Thursday.) We invite you into our home – the Palladium warehouse and office – where we make the games you love and treat you like family and welcomed guests.
● 40+ Palladium creators are there for you. The Palladium staff and as many of the freelance writers, artists, Game Masters and Megaversal Ambassadors as possible (typically 30-45) are present the entire event. Many run games you can play in. All are there to sign autographs and talk with you.
Unlike game conventions, at the Palladium Open House you have unprecedented access to Kevin Siembieda and other Palladium creators, because they are there, on the floor with you all day long. They are happy to talk about Palladium Books, artwork, writing, movies, comic books and exchange stories about their own gaming experiences as well as listen to yours. Some artists are willing to do sketches of your characters, others bring prints and original artwork to sell. All are friendly and goofy gamers just like you. It seems like we laugh and have fun all weekend long, stopping only to catch a little sleep.
● Gaming events are run all day and into the night. Many are run by the very people who create the games, like Kevin Siembieda, Julius Rosenstein, Carmen Bellaire, Carl Gleba, Brandon Aten, Mark Oberle, Irvin Jackson and many others. There is also an open gaming area for pick up games. When gaming ends for the day at Palladium, there are two meeting rooms at the hotel where you can continue to play games, chat and have fun into the wee hours of the night.
● Panel talks (every day). I and others host several panel talks and question and answer sessions that reveal secrets, offer G.M. tips, player tips and lots of laughs.
● Costume contest (Saturday). YOU should make a costume based on one of Palladium’s RPG settings and enter the costume contest. It is always a ton of fun and winners who take 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place all get Palladium gift certificates and a plaque worthy of hanging on the wall. Best of show gets a $100 gift certificate (actually, it’s Palladium Bucks redeemable wherever you find Palladium, at the POH, conventions, or via mail order). Costume contest categories are: Rifts/Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror/Modern/Superhero, and Best of Show.
● Live auction (Saturday). Get rare, out of print books, proofreader copies, artwork, prints, posters, collectibles, and strange things put up for rapid-fire auctioning by Kevin Siembieda.
● Meet fans from around the world. This year we already have gamers coming from Japan, Australia, Germany, England, Canada and across the country. Note: Our capacity is limited to about 350 people, so if there is a bigger than usual turnout, you may not be able to attend. Order your admissions tickets and reserve your hotel room now. The hotel will not be charged to your credit card till the day before the event.
● The POH is inexpensive compared to most game and comic conventions. You get more bang for your buck, total access to Palladium creators and enjoy everything for the price of admission.
The cost of admission covers everything. The games, the panel talks, the auction, entry in the costume contest . . . EVERYTHING.
The hotel is only $69.95 a night for a room with two double beds or one king-size bed. Suites are under $140. Free hot breakfasts. Note: you MUST tell them you want a room in the Block Reserved for Palladium Books to get the special rate. Your credit card is not charged until a day before the event, so reserve early. Call 734-455-8100, Comfort Inn Plymouth Clock Tower Hotel.
Food and stores all around. There are fast food places and inexpensive restaurants to eat all around Palladium Books. A Bennigans is across from the hotel. Denny’s, Dunkin Donuts and McDonald’s are down the street one direction, Burger King, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Lee’s Chicken, Baskin & Robbins, and more are down the other way. Westland Mall is a half mile away, so is Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, Kohls, Macy’s, Sears, JC Penny, Lowes, Meijer, Sam’s Club, Ikea and Dollar Tree, among many others. A large movie theater is around the block, almost walking distance, and another is near Westland Mall. We’ve got it all. ;)
Price of Admission
Palladium Open House – May 4, 5 & 6, 2012
$40 for the Three Day Weekend (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) when ordered in advance per each individual. $50 at the door and after March 31, 2012, if space is available. Cost of emission covers all events. Note: VIP Night, May 3, 2012, is an additional cost. A new batch of tickets will be made available in February, 2012.
$20 for Friday 9:00 AM till Closing.
$20 for Saturday 9:00 AM till Closing.
$10 for Sunday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
$75 per person for VIP Night – Thursday – May 3, 2012. VIP night is a catered event limited to around 70-80 gamers plus Palladium creators. It is an additional cost, so if you plan to attend the entire weekend you must get a weekend ticket as well. NOTE: Since VIP tickets sell out so fast, we offer them in two batches. The first is sold out. The second offering will be in February 2012. VIP Thursday, May 3, 2012: 3:00 P.M. till 11:00 P.M.
Placing Your Order: Please include your FULL address and apartment number. Also include the complete NAME of EACH person you are ordering a ticket for, as well as your telephone number in case there is a problem and we need to contact you.
Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard and most credit cards are accepted. All Credit Card orders must include: Credit Card No. – Name on the card – Address of the Credit Cardholder – Expiration Date – Telephone Number of the cardholder. If you are buying tickets for several people, please make sure we have the full NAME of each person.
By Telephone: Call (734) 721-2903 – have your credit card information ready. You may place your reservation online in a similar way as placing a book order or you may use Palladium’s order line (734) 721-2903.
Check or Money Order by Mail: Sent via the USPS or other delivery service. Send check or money order to:
39074 Webb Court
Westland, MI 48185-7606
Please include your FULL address and apartment number. Also include the complete NAME of EACH person you are ordering a ticket for, as well as your telephone number in case there is a problem and we need to contact you.
All tickets are sold on a first come, first served basis, so get your reservations in as soon as possible! Due to space and parking limitations and safety concerns, attendance will be limited to approximately 350 admission tickets.
Click here for more details and to reserve your tickets.
The Queen of Ghouls: Life-Sized Halloween Props
The Queen of Ghouls – Palladium’s very own Kathy Simmons – is locked in her dungeon, devising new ghouls for the coming Halloween season. Go to queenofghouls.com to see her current selection of life-sized Halloween props. See her zombie doctor and other new zombies, Jack Skellington and Sally, and more. New creations are on the drawing board, and so is a new website. Each Halloween prop is truly life-sized (most are 6 feet or taller – Jack is almost 8 feet) and seems almost alive.
Each is an all-weather, life-sized Halloween prop that can handle rain and snow, and is a one-of-a-kind work of art (no two are exactly the same). Each looks frighteningly “real.” All come apart and fold down to slightly larger than a king-size pillow for easy storage. Comes with easy instructions, a plastic storage bag, and the lawn stake to stand it up in your front yard. Indoor stand sold separately.
Types of “Ghouls” include: Zombies (all kinds!), killer clowns, wizards, witches, devils, grave ghouls, scarecrows, executioners, mad doctors, deadly nurses, vampires, werewolves, and more. Kathy’s also now offering an array of hand-painted Halloween signs, signs with heads and bodies hanging from them, witch’s brewing pots, Halloween centerpieces and more. Best of all, her high quality creations are much more affordable and imaginative than most competitors or mass produced items in a store, making them affordable Halloween fun.
If you think the photos online look good, you should see them in person. A typical “ghoul,” as she calls her creations, costs $129-$259. You can see some of her work at her Queen of Ghouls™ Ebay store – queenofghouls.com.
Conventions & Events
2012 Gen Con Indy
Palladium Books has already reserved its booth at Gen Con Indy 2012.
We need Game Masters!
We want to have a bigger presence at Gen Con Indy 2012 and that means more Palladium gaming events. We want Palladium Books to be a much bigger part of the gaming experience at Gen Con Indy 2012. Toward that end, we’re hoping a number of Game Masters will step forward and run “official” gaming events at Gen Con. To do that we need your help.
Please let us know if you are planning to run at Gen Con Indy 2012, but most importantly, YOU NEED to contact Gen Con directly and fill out the Event Submission form/application and send it in to them BEFORE THE JANUARY DEADLINE. This can all be done online.
Note: Though there are different “rounds” and deadlines for submitting events, it is our experience that submitting in time for the very first deadline is the only way to sure-fire guarantee the event will be included. So please, let’s plan now and get our events entered in the first round, mid-January 2012. Megaversal Ambassadors, please be a vocal and visible part of getting people to run Palladium gaming events for Gen Con Indy 2012. Any and all game settings (Rifts®, Heroes Unlimited, Palladium Fantasy®, Robotech®, Dead Reign™, Nightbane®, Splicers®, BTS, and all the rest) are welcomed. Let’s make the halls of Gen Con Indy 2012 ring with Palladium gaming.
© Copyright 2011 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.
Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Phase World®, Nightbane®, Megaverse®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Beyond the Supernatural™, Chaos Earth, Coalition States, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Ninjas & Superspies, Minion War, Mysteries of Magic, SAMAS, Thundercloud Galaxy, Three Galaxies, Vampire Kingdoms, Warpath, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.
Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.
This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation.